Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Whenever a female they consider to be immodestly dressed walks by, one of the women/girls (this has gone on for a decade that we know of) says "Nike!" and all males look down at their shoes until the "danger" passes. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Didn't like passive voice
  • Love 1

Jinger has been shown back home in dresses and skirts and I think it's just done out of respect. I think people are expecting her to throw up the figurative middle finger to her parents to prove that Jeremy isn't calling the shots, she is, but that's just not going to happen. I'm sure she'll still wear traditional Duggar garments when around them in Arkansas until she's more secure in this new stage of life. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Is she supposed to wear $9.98 Walmart specials?

The honest pastors I know do, but where I live,  the pastors can be male or female. They prefer not to flaunt their money on expense footwear.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Whenever a female they consider to be immodestly dressed walks by, one of the women/girls (this has gone on for a decade that we know of) says "Nike!" and all males look down at their shoes until the "danger" passes. 

Oh wow I had not heard that before.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Don't forget the part in their book where the girls said it's female family de rigueur to never bend over without plastering a hand to the shirt above your collarbone, lest some male passerby might get a free peek of cleavage.

Wait, doesn't their modest wear render this move unnecessary? One of the upsides to dressing conservatively--and I say this as a voluptuous gal who moves around a great deal while teaching young adults--is that you can relax and move freely without worrying that you're going to be giving someone a peek down your top or up your skirt.  If a Duggar woman is wearing multiple layers and a high neckline, but she still makes a show of clutching her top before bending forward, that strikes me as an arrogant display of aggressive modesty.

• Love 15
23 hours ago, doodlebug said:

She may not have gone to Julliard, but it's pretty clear that Jeremy's mother, as well as his sister are talented, well educated and accomplished women.  I hope Jinger doesn't pull out a Duggar violin and jam with them, but I hope their lives do inspire her to pursue further education and/or training in an area that interests her.

22 hours ago, Lunera said:

Ok, I read it wrong I thought she attended Julliard but it was her instructor Dorothy Delay who attended.

Dorothy Delay also taught at Juilliard, among other schools. </end violingeek trivia>

• Love 1
6 hours ago, queenanne said:

Don't forget the part in their book where the girls said it's female family de rigueur to never bend over without plastering a hand to the shirt above your collarbone, lest some male passerby might get a free peek of cleavage.  (Because of course it's perfectly normal for teens to make gestures like senior citizen schoolmarms.)

I've got a big top, so pretty much if I bend over, I'm going to give whoever is around me a sneaky peak if they chose to stare. In the presence of clients and male coworkers, I'm going to cover the top of my shirt with my hand if I have to bend over for any reason. Out anywhere else, no big whoop.

13 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Why should they give a shit about what their kids are doing after they get married.  They don't give a shit about the kids when they are are not married and living in the TTH.

Well, they don't give a shit about the kids in any case. But they always give a big big shit about the kids doing exactly what they want them to do. .... Big difference between caring about the kids and caring about the kids obeying the Duggar way, right? 

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, they don't give a shit about the kids in any case. But they always give a big big shit about the kids doing exactly what they want them to do. .... Big difference between caring about the kids and caring about the kids obeying the Duggar way, right? 

The very "Sly" Josh seemed to have slipped under the Duggar radar even after he go married. ;)

• Love 3

I wonder how much JB and Michelle are even seeing of Jinger's Instagram! Jana runs the family accounts, and I don't see her going to tell. All the parents seem to do on there is post flowery letters to each other on their anniversary, birthdays, etc, and write a stock message to kids who are having birthdays. I could even see Michelle being okay with it deep down, because she grew up wearing pants, and probably never would have gone on this fundie adventure if not for JB.  JB may even see it as something that will help ratings. However, Jinger is dressing modestly by most standards. I bet if she was out there wearing revealing clothing, like a bikini, they would freak out!

• Love 2

Being told that anything other than dresses and skirts leads to her defrauding men may be the culprit. I give her kudos for just wearing pants after being beaten into thinking she's reposnisble for roaming eyes (and hands). Maybe in the future she'll feel at ease wearing one size smaller. Indoctrination is evil, it just stays in your subconscious, sometimes as long as you live. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Her outfit looks comfy but I noticed she buys her pants a bit bigger and loose. 

Considering she has rarely worn pants in the past, perhaps she prefers them not to be tight fitting, not only perhaps for modesty reasons but also for comfort since she's not used to tight fitting clothing on the lower half of her body.  

• Love 8

Anybody that wears tight pants this time of year is crazy.  Loose, comfy cotton trousers with a fitted T is fine for Texas, California or Arkansas.  She looks cute & I also like her hair up.  She looks unpregnantly happy.  *LOL*

• Love 17

I've been known to wear trousers in a variety of styles. I'm sure she does, too. I feel we may be over-analyzing the details of Jinger's wardrobe.

She's getting her hair out of her face a lot. I have hopes for an eventual haircut.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

So tell me...how many sermons has Jeremy preached at his church since he married Jinger? I guess marrying a Duggar daughter causes the spouse to lose his work ethic?

Is he ever at his church?  

• Love 7

The thing I found most impressive was that he said "jingervuolo and I".    It's sad that proper grammar actually grabs my attention, especially from a Duggar. 

• Love 4

Even though she’s still a Koolaid-drinking crazy Gothard-loving religious person, I can’t help but find Jinger’s metamorphasis to be really cool to watch. And I think she’s looks hella cute in those bright pants.

• Love 20

Definitely love that she's experimenting with clothes after wearing nothing but thrifted skirts, big t-shirts, and flip flops from the communal closet. No more blending in with the fundy girls. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is the Holy Goalie ever home to preach hate at his little church? They're in LA today; there have been a couple posts from Jinger as well. I just chose this one since it includes her. 

Not to over analyze her outfit, buuuuut

With the bright pants, she is wearing a v neck shirt. I am a modest dresser, so I recognize this move: she has the shirt pulled up and back so the v isn't as low. It begs the questions: did she pull it back just for the picture? I don't see a cami, did she not wear a cami underneath? I'm not judging, just curious! And really happy for her!

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Definitely love that she's experimenting with clothes after wearing nothing but thrifted skirts, big t-shirts, and flip flops from the communal closet. No more blending in with the fundy girls. 

OMG, Jana has discovered Birkenstocks. People can say what they like about those shoes, they hella comfortable and support your feet.

• Love 16
Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

OMG, Jana has discovered Birkenstocks. People can say what they like about those shoes, they hella comfortable and support your feet.

And Jessa's wearing the same shoes she has appeared to have worn for the past three years.

• Love 11

We should probably take this pic to the Seewald or Lonely Hearts threads. There are no Vuolos in it. 

Henry's a chunker. I don't know how Jessa carries him. Can we hope that Ben stayed home with Spurge?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, floridamom said:

When is Jeremy ever at HIS church? IMO, he doesn't have the dedication that any pastor should have....his interests truly lie elsewhere.

His interests seem to be dressing Jinger up, trotting her around the town, taking pictures of her, & posting the pictures to show how "artsy" he is.   I haven't seen any tending to his flock.

• Love 18
20 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

So tell me...how many sermons has Jeremy preached at his church since he married Jinger? I guess marrying a Duggar daughter causes the spouse to lose his work ethic?

Yes, it seems as if it happens instantly. Let's see how long Austin lasts. 

4 hours ago, ariel said:

They are at a farmer's market.  Are they going to actually buy fresh vegetables or is the farmer's market just a backdrop for a photo shot?

I'm sure it's just because it's a cool thing to do, and they don't intend to actually eat any fresh produce!

• Love 5