Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, queenanne said:

Used to be ministers gave counseling (grief, marital, family, etc.) but nowadays I think some are too afraid of being sued, so this may be falling by the wayside.

I'm UCC and I don't know any ministers who don't offer grief support, hospital  and end of life visitation, and limited counseling, even in small congregations. 

• Love 3

I wonder if the whole Nike reference goes over her head? Especially written right across her chest.

I'm thinking both Jessa & Ben are afraid for Jessa to wear pants. As far as Joy, I'll think she'll stay in skirts forever because Austin is pretty conservative.

• Love 3

I would not have worn pink jeans with that top & shoes.  Why not those black skinny pants that she wore in a prior photo?

That hairdo has got to go...it just screams middle school 13 year old, to me anyway.

The shoes are wrinkled in the shoe photo.  I think they looked too big.  

Either dear Jeremy has a teenage girl fetish, or it's just his way of telling Boob to shove it.  Now I'm wondering if Jin wears baby doll outfits in bed to please her headship.  I've heard others here say they were headed to the Prayer Closet...too many impure thoughts are occurring to me now.

8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I love Jinger's middle school look. I hope for an accelerated adolescence. Next up is dressing goth, then scene kid, then sorority slut (with tramp stamp), then conservative housewife.

How horrible to have such a blighted adolescence, that she would dress like that as a 20-something.  So sad.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I would not have worn pink jeans with that top & shoes.  Why not those black skinny pants that she wore in a prior photo?

That hairdo has got to go...it just screams middle school 13 year old, to me anyway.

Either dear Jeremy has a teenage girl fetish, or it's just his way of telling Boob to shove it.  Now I'm wondering if Jin wears baby doll outfits in bed to please her headship.  I've heard others here say they were headed to the Prayer Closet...too many impure thoughts are occurring to me now.

At least the ponytail is in the back and not on the side.

• Love 5

That outfit is awful

Those sneakers are ugly!  

And that looks to be one expensive unfortunate outfit!

1/10 ministry is paying off for Jeremy

...oh wait That would be Jin and her TLC connection funding the big brands... my bad

• Love 3

I would like to think that Jinger had a cute pink shirt that matched her pants and pink & black Jordan's and Jeremy said "Hey go put on your workout shirt and we'll take a picture and see if anyone in your family gets it."

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

The outfit isn't the greatest but we have here a Duggar daughter wearing honest-to-god supportive shoes and an outfit she can move in.  Progress.  The shoes are clunky but I can't get over how short they are.  Jinger has tiny feet.

The pieces aren't bad by themselves, but it's a lot together for "every day"- it's a walking ad if that makes sense. I agree that the shirt with black leggings would've been cute or the pink jeans (those are jeans?) with a white top. 

• Love 2

I don't know.  Jinger can look just as cute and normal without outrageously expensive (and hideously ugly) shoes.  I think this is pure Jeremy, and he's extremely materialistic.  I'm not sure how Jeremy thinks a pastor and his wife can afford designer/label clothing.  He seems clueless about a pastor's lifestyle.

• Love 3

Echoing the comments that Jinger looks like she is 13 years old. It's funny for me because she looks like a 12- or 13-year-old...for 1989 or 1990, which was about the time that I was that age! Like that seriously looks like an outfit I would have picked in the early 90s when the Bulls were winning championships.

• Love 6

Eh, Jinger is experimenting. That's okay. She'll have some misses and hits. But she looks so happy and that's all that matters to me! She'll eventually figure her style.

Never thought I would see her in Jordan's. Wow!

• Love 24
1 minute ago, trimthatfat said:

Eh, Jinger is experimenting. That's okay. She'll have some misses and hits. But she looks so happy and that's all that matters to me! She'll eventually figure her style.

Never thought I would see her in Jordan's. Wow!

I agree with you. I never thought I would say this, but it looks like a Duggar girl's smile actually reaches her eyes.

• Love 23

I think she looks adorable.  I want to put her in an 80's video - the Tawny Kitaen look.  She has the hair for it. 

I am so proud of her for having the shirt above her crotch line.  Next month, tankini on a beach in Brazil!  Go Jing!

• Love 6

Jinger is petite. So am I. Speaking from experience, clothes that fit us tend to either be Middle School Wear or Granny Wear. On a whole, I'd rather we both opt for Middle School Wear. She looks like she's enjoying herself, she looks comfortable, and she's still modest. It works. 

Edited by Heathen
Because my foster cat took to the keyboard when I wasn't looking.
  • Love 17

Other than the non matching pants (I agree that black skinny jeans or any shade of blue skinny jeans period would've matched way better), she's pretty on trend for what her age cohort wears these days. If she had on an extremely contoured and highlighted face, overdrawn matte lipstick, stiletto nails and a ball cap, she'd look like the Kylie Jenner set. I don't think she looks like a middle schooler at all. 

What im loving the most though is the look of freedom on her face! She looks really confident here, not worried or nervous, really secure. She's become really radiant and I'm happy for her. I'm happy she's getting this time to just enjoy being a young woman, rather than going from sacrificing herself to raise her siblings to sacrificing herself to raise her children, a la Jessa and Jill. Even if it only lasts for the first year of marriage, I'm happy that Jinger got this time to just worry about herself for once. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

How horrible to have such a blighted adolescence, that she would dress like that as a 20-something.  So sad.

I like her outfit a lot. If you can't dress in strange patterns when you're in your early 20s and have a nice figure, when can you? Now is the perfect time for her to experiment.

I'm not all that much older than she is and I wouldn't look twice at the outfit. I think she looks great. Those particular pants might be difficult to work out in, though. Keep pulling that hair out of your face, Jinge! Nice nails too. Finally, a Duggar girl who accessorizes.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Jinger is petite. So am I. Speaking from experience, clothes that fit us tend to either be Middle School Wear or Granny Wear. On a whole, I'd rather we both opt for Middle School Wear. She looks like she's enjoying herself, she looks comfortable, and she's still modest. It works. 

• Love 3

Is that hair what Jinger means when she says it's naturally curly? Because, no, that's not curly. That's heat damage on hair that's maybe half a step up from pin straight. 

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if the whole Nike reference goes over her head? Especially written right across her chest.

I'm thinking both Jessa & Ben are afraid for Jessa to wear pants. As far as Joy, I'll think she'll stay in skirts forever because Austin is pretty conservative.

I JUST got the Nike joke...ok, that's funny. I'm not sure I think that's deliberate, but I hope it was!

I know I've said this before, but considering that unmarried Jinger had been photographed wearing pants at home and Jessa posted a picture of herself in board shorts at the pool, I really don't think the Duggars are THAT uptight about pants anymore. In that sense I think it IS fear that holds Jessa back...fear of people questioning and speculating. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Tough crowd!  She's wearing modern shoes with closed toes, pants, and a shirt that literally calls back to her family's ridiculous rules and there are still 35 things wrong with what she's doing. 

I must be easy because I'm just glad to see her smiling and experimenting the way she didn't get to as a kid. 

Same. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Tough crowd!  She's wearing modern shoes with closed toes, pants, and a shirt that literally calls back to her family's ridiculous rules and there are still 35 things wrong with what she's doing. 

I must be easy because I'm just glad to see her smiling and experimenting the way she didn't get to as a kid. 

The shirt's my favorite part! I'm choosing to believe that's exactly why she wore it. A big FU to her parents.

• Love 10

I'm glad Jinger no longer looks stressed and tense, but relaxed and seeming content with herself.  Based on what Jeremy has said, he wants Jinger to be self-assured and happy with herself.  He's said she was insecure about being able to do things right like having meals turn out right.  In that respect of complimenting her accomplishments, I don't think he's picking out her clothes, but is praising any new independent looks and a special praise for throwing Nike back at Jim Bob.  

As far as curly hair, I think Michelle has a very lax definition.  She seems to have called curly hair anything that has more bend in it than stick straight.  Jinger's hair is naturally wavy if she doesn't straighten it.  Jessa's hair seems to be the same more naturally wavy than curly.   Josie seemed to be the only naturally curly daughter and I'm not sure it's going to hold as her hair matures.  

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ariel said:

I wonder who is picking out Jinger's clothes, her or Jeremey?  If it's Jeremy I would be concerned. 

For some reason, I think it's the headship.  I think he was dumped by a cute little girl in his early teens, and is trying to recreate Jin to resemble her.

If Jin is good with it, that's what counts.  I LOVE the F U to Boob and Ma Kettle with the Nike reference!  That is golden.  I hope Boob's head is doing a complete 180, like Regan in the Exorcist.  LOL

ETA:  Obviously I meant a 360!

Edited by xwordfanatik
Senior moment.
  • Love 5

I love her outfit. It's adorable. It's not matchy-matchy and she's not 'trying too hard' so she just looks natural and comfortable and happy to me.  Like a woman who probably had errands to run or stuff to do in the house and wants to be comfy. She truly is a beautiful woman. 

Those shoes aren't that expensive. I have those exact same Retro 7's in gray, black, and red and they were $80.00. My wife has them in mulberry and they were about $75.00. They're super comfortable, have great support, and will last YEARS. I still have some Jordans from twenty years ago that look new.  They're a great investment as far as I'm concerned because you can wear them with just about anything, you can dress them up or down, and they truly do help with foot/back pain. I found a site here that shows them at around $85.00. The last shoes I bought were $140.00 hiking sandals so dropping less than a hundred on shoes that I know I'll have for YEARS is nothing.

• Love 13

Jinger has always been the most interested in clothes so I think she's picking out her own outfits, with maybe some suggestions from Jeremy. I remember during that flea market episode where she almost blew a gasket because some of her clothes were out for sale and she went through the rack to get them back. That's not someone having any trouble picking out her own outfits. 

• Love 7

Good for Jinger!   She looks happy!  Finding your own path must be incredibly difficult for someone who was raised to think, dress, talk, and act just like your siblings.  I think she is doing fine picking out her own clothes for the first time.  Her outfits are usually very cute, and if she looks young, it's because she IS young, and she has not been prematurely aged by turning into a baby factory.  I hope her husband and in laws encourage her to stretch her wings and take some classes.  Does anyone know if Jeremy's mom and/or any sisters went to college?

• Love 7

I was watching a rerun of an old family sitcom. The sisters were having a knock down drag out fight over a sweater.  So typical.  Then I thought of the Duggars - I can't imagine growing up having to stay sweet & not fighting over something like clothes.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I was watching a rerun of an old family sitcom. The sisters were having a knock down drag out fight over a sweater.  So typical.  Then I thought of the Duggars - I can't imagine growing up having to stay sweet & not fighting over something like clothes.  

Heck, I grew up in a huge family and wore uniforms to school.  As a teen, my sister. who is a year older, and I would pool our money to buy regular clothes.  And, yes, things sometimes got a little physical when we both wanted to wear the same shirt the same day.

• Love 2