Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I might like the wallpaper if I could see the colours. The furniture fabric and the wallpaper are more luxurious and one era and style, and the art and light are from another era and style. Just an observation. They may not have decorated this since this mashup décor can appear in hotel rooms too. The only problem is both styles look worse. The lamp and art look cheap, and the furniture and wallpaper look gaudy. <which they might be, I need colour to decide. 

The room looks really comfortable. They can curl up like kittens in a sun puddle and have a nap in there. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I feel like this is one of those Hidden Pics. Like I need to be looking for a bunch of objects hidden in the wallpaper, etc.

Ben's nuts?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

I might like the wallpaper if I could see the colours. The furniture fabric and the wallpaper are more luxurious and one era and style, and the art and light are from another era and style. Just an observation. They may not have decorated this since this mashup décor can appear in hotel rooms too. The only problem is both styles look worse. The lamp and art look cheap, and the furniture and wallpaper look gaudy. <which they might be, I need colour to decide. 

The room looks really comfortable. They can curl up like kittens in a sun puddle and have a nap in there. 

I like it too, but hate the picture and lamp.  It doesn't go with the room.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's like Clue, only without Col. Mustard! 

Col. Mustard was always my favorite. Also, that makes me think of the Mustard Sweater™, and since it's a black & white photo, we can't tell if it is missing too. :-(

• Love 8

Wow, that apparel certainly screams 1998! I had so many dresses like that. Jessa's up do was the exact same as every little girl's in our dance recitals. 

Haha I'm late to the party a few pages back about dreams, but I frequently have a dream in the spring and summer that I'm backstage at the dance recital and realize, with horror, that I can't remember any of my dances! Then I realize that it's seemed like a looooooong time since I attended class, and vow to go every day the next year. Sometimes I realize I'm an adult before I wake up, and sometimes I go onstage and try to fake it. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Maybe she just found it? It's cute and very 1998. 

It is cute. Maybe they are thanking Jana for getting them dressed & doing their hair.

• Love 3

Jessa's pointy little chin really shows here.

Jin always had that little wrinkle in her nose when she smiled.  It's actually cute, even now.  My precious kitty, who crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago, wrinkled his nose when he meowed.  That's probably why I like Jin the best of the married sisters.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Does Jessa ever post something similar about any other of her sisters? Did she post about missing Jill when she went to DA like she posts about missing Jinger in Laredo? If not, I think it's odd how much she points how close the two of them are. 

No she doesn't. I don't find it odd at all because Jinger is actually Jessa's fav sister and vice versa.

With that many siblings of course some will be closer than others. It seems more genuine to me than if Jessa posting in the same fashion about all of her adult siblings. 

• Love 10

True. Remember how TLC tried to sell us on Jill and Jessa, since they were the only married sisters, and Smuggar had been disgraced? I still don't buy that those two are close at all; their interactions have always seemed forced. And the only connection Jessa has with Jana is when she needs someone to cook, clean, babysit, or install tract lighting. Jessa sure as hell never learned that lesson of humility that the jewelry box incident was supposed to teach her. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

No she doesn't. I don't find it odd at all because Jinger is actually Jessa's fav sister and vice versa.

I would hope so. Jess was forced be her buddy & raise her since the MOTY Michelle was busy working with JB to produce more blessing.  

From one of the book's Amazon reviews:

"[Children] have an everlasting happiness to attain, and it is that for which you must bring them up. They have an endless misery to escape, and it is that which you must diligently teach them. If you do not teach them to escape the flames of hell, what thanks do they owe you for teaching them to speak and do? If you do not teach them the way to heaven and how they may make sure of their salvation, what thanks do they owe you for teaching them how to get their living a little while in a miserable world? If you do not teach them to know God and how to serve him and be saved, you teach them nothing, or worse than nothing."

I find this disturbing. Why teach your kids how to make a living in this miserable world, right?

The 2nd review discusses the author's believe that one should never marry simply because of lust . . .

• Love 7

The reviews were about as illuminating as the book must be. And also written in what amounts to KJV English fundiese. My eyes couldn't roll any further back in my head reading them. I think I'll take a pass on the book. I wonder if Hawthorne used it as part of his basis for the Scarlet Letter? I have to see if I still have my notes from that class. I might; it opened up an opportunity to write a paper about PT Barnum (American Lit up to the Civil War course).

eta: That course also introduced me to Jonathan Edwards' "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God." Oh Puritans. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Cute as long as Jessa sincerely bemoans Jinger's absence.  I've been on the receiving end of so many guilt trips that it gives me pause. Stay away Jinger and Skype away.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Does Jessa ever post something similar about any other of her sisters? Did she post about missing Jill when she went to DA like she posts about missing Jinger in Laredo? If not, I think it's odd how much she points how close the two of them are. 

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

With that many siblings of course some will be closer than others. It seems more genuine to me than if Jessa posting in the same fashion about all of her adult siblings. 

I wonder if it might be a little hurtful to the other sisters (and maybe brothers) that Jessa keeps talking about how Jinger is her bff.  She's just being honest, but I hope the other kids also had a bff within the family (since they didn't get to have one outside of the family).  Also, isn't Bin supposed to be Jess's bff now (per Gothard)?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I wonder if it might be a little hurtful to the other sisters (and maybe brothers) that Jessa keeps talking about how Jinger is her bff. 

I think she has also said that Mullet is her BFF , so take everything she says with a grain of salt.

Wow, the Jgirls get better looking as they get older, while the Jboys do the reverse. Interesting. Those bangs on Jinger look like they've been smeared with Boob's Brylcreem.  And the pic looks like it was taken at a funeral parlor.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

From one of the book's Amazon reviews:

"[Children] have an everlasting happiness to attain, and it is that for which you must bring them up. They have an endless misery to escape, and it is that which you must diligently teach them. If you do not teach them to escape the flames of hell, what thanks do they owe you for teaching them to speak and do? If you do not teach them the way to heaven and how they may make sure of their salvation, what thanks do they owe you for teaching them how to get their living a little while in a miserable world? If you do not teach them to know God and how to serve him and be saved, you teach them nothing, or worse than nothing."

I find this disturbing. Why teach your kids how to make a living in this miserable world, right?

The 2nd review discusses the author's believe that one should never marry simply because of lust . . .

WOW! They're kids for God's sake. Look, if you want to live thinking life is nothing but misery and if you don't believe exactly the way you think is right then there is some god waiting to toss you into a fire, then go ahead. For the love though, leave the kids out of it. Good grief.

8 hours ago, SMama said:

Cute as long as Jessa sincerely bemoans Jinger's absence.  I've been on the receiving end of so many guilt trips that it gives me pause. Stay away Jinger and Skype away.

Exactly! I remember Jessa saying jinj is fine now because she's in the honeymoon stage but wait until that's over. Screw you Jesse. This is the life you fought for. You too could have escaped.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe that's why Bin is carrying the book around.  Doesn't want his kids to make the same mistake.

Too late for you, Bin. And thank your ridiculous dad for his assistance. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, SMama said:

I know this is the Duggars we are talking about here, but I don't see it as a guilt trip. I've posted similar photos of my childhood friends from the 90s on Facebook and it was nostalgia not manipulation.......but this is the Duggars we are talking about. 

• Love 1

I'm sure that Jinger misses her family in the same way college students do when they are away at school. Doesn't mean she can't enjoy her new life.   Jessa is still in the Duggar compound area, with two small children. She's in need of companionship from an adult female who's fun, doesn't judge nor expect her to watch extra children. , That leaves out Michelle and Jill. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

More pictures from Jeremy 

Pretty sure the man on the right in the bottom pic is John MacArthur,  noted preacher/author and president of The Master's University and Seminary.  Aren't the Vuolos associated with that institution? 

2 hours ago, Portia said:

Pretty sure the man on the right in the bottom pic is John MacArthur,  noted preacher/author and president of The Master's University and Seminary.  Aren't the Vuolos associated with that institution? 

It is MacArthur. I wonder if that was taken in California, Texas, or Philadelphia. Jeremy and Jinger seem to see his parents often. I don't recall any visits documented with Jim Bob and Michelle.

5 hours ago, Totally said:

Jermey still gives me a controlling vibe. I don't care how many black and white artsy smiling family photos he posts. 

I get that too. Jinger is the perfect meek candidate for this.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Totally said:

Jermey still gives me a controlling vibe. I don't care how many black and white artsy smiling family photos he posts. 

I agree that Jeremy is controlling by any "middle America 2017 non-fundy" standard, but I don't get any dangerous or abusive vibes from him. So long as Jinger is happy with that type of relationship (and she probably is) I think she landed a good husband. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree that Jeremy is controlling by any "middle America 2017 non-fundy" standard, but I don't get any dangerous or abusive vibes from him. So long as Jinger is happy with that type of relationship (and she probably is) I think she landed a good husband. 

Most of us don't want that for us, friends, daughters, nieces, grand children.  I will admit that Jeremy is very slick & gaming the Gothard system . It will very interesting  to see how this plays out in the future. I think he is just laying low now.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think she landed a good husband. 

I think she did better than her two older sisters.  She certainly looks healthy, happy and stylish.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I think she did better than her two older sisters.  She certainly look healthy, happy and stylish.  

With the Duggars, you've got to grade on a curve.  She certainly seems to have done better than her sisters and her sister in law; not to mention her own mother.  Time will tell.  And, of course, we need to factor in that most non-strict fundy guys wouldn't want a Duggar daughter in the first place.  It's a mighty small pond she's swimming in, not so many fish in that sea.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I think she did better than her two older sisters.  She certainly look healthy, happy and stylish.  

Agreed, but it's a mighty low bar we've set overall. 

• Love 7