Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 8/9/2017 at 10:47 AM, mythoughtis said:

I'm sure that Jinger misses her family in the same way college students do when they are away at school. Doesn't mean she can't enjoy her new life.   Jessa is still in the Duggar compound area, with two small children. She's in need of companionship from an adult female who's fun, doesn't judge nor expect her to watch extra children. , That leaves out Michelle and Jill. 

Or Jinger may miss her family the way some college students from horrible families miss their families. Not much, if at all.  Or the way you'd miss getting hit in the head with a brick -- It's really different when it stops; but better ... better.

Given how the psychology of overcontrolled "meek" people often works, it'd be a miracle if Jinger hadn't picked somebody uber-controlling. .... And only an overcontrolling person would want her. She'd get on a noncontrolling person's nerves pretty quickly, I expect.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ariel said:

Most of us don't want that for us, friends, daughters, nieces, grand children.  I will admit that Jeremy is very slick & gaming the Gothard system . It will very interesting  to see how this plays out in the future. I think he is just laying low now.

My daughter had the good sense to break up with her first serious boyfriend, and his controlling nature was the main reason.  He was not abusive, but always had to be in charge and have the final say.  Her second boyfriend that started out as a best friend relationship, was a much better fit, and they got married.

I agree with you.  I guess Jin has never known anything else, due to Boob and the other male fundies always being controlling of women.

• Love 2

I'm glad Jinger has started wearing skirts that show just above the knee! I think that is the most flattering length for women. Even according to their belief that showing the thigh is nakedness, they're still not showing the thigh really by showing the knee. I could understand their objection to wearing miniskirts, but seriously, just above the knee isn't going to defraud anyone. 

Edited by Christina87

I'm not sure Jinger is meek. Jeremy described her that way, but she appears to me to be more confident than Jessa and Jill. Well more confident than Jill now that Jill's over confident bubble has been burst. She wasn't the bully Jessa is, nor the 'over achieving' sheep that Jill was and she did give hints of her own opinions and ease with strangers on the show. There was even a picture of Jinger, long before any courtships I believe, of her wearing track pants.

Sometimes its the quiet ones who don't push forward toward the spotlight that are the ones you need to watch out for.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure Jinger is meek. Jeremy described her that way, but she appears to me to be more confident than Jessa and Jill. Well more confident than Jill now that Jill's over confident bubble has been burst. She wasn't the bully Jessa is, nor the 'over achieving' sheep that Jill was and she did give hints of her own opinions and ease with strangers on the show. There was even a picture of Jinger, long before any courtships I believe, of her wearing track pants.

Sometimes its the quiet ones who don't push forward toward the spotlight that are the ones you need to watch out for.

Not meek, but I wouldn't describe her as confident either. She couldn't even tell Jeremy what she wanted changed in the apartment and let Jessa be the bad guy. I don't know, I really hate people like that...if you're not actually meek and shy don't fake it and let other people do the talking for you. Woman up and say what you think.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Not meek, but I wouldn't describe her as confident either. She couldn't even tell Jeremy what she wanted changed in the apartment and let Jessa be the bad guy. I don't know, I really hate people like that...if you're not actually meek and shy don't fake it and let other people do the talking for you. Woman up and say what you think.

Although Jessa stated that. It could have been "I'm not a bully" FU Interwebz statement.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Although Jessa stated that. It could have been "I'm not a bully" FU Interwebz statement.

Nah, they're not good enough liars for that. Jinger agreed with her that that's what happened without any awkwardness on her part. Jinger's used to Jessa being the loudmouth so it makes sense that she uses her as her mouthpiece when Jinger doesn't want to make any waves. 

5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

With the Duggars, you've got to grade on a curve.  She certainly seems to have done better than her sisters and her sister in law; not to mention her own mother.  Time will tell.  And, of course, we need to factor in that most non-strict fundy guys wouldn't want a Duggar daughter in the first place.  It's a mighty small pond she's swimming in, not so many fish in that sea.

This is still where I am. Yes, Jinger is wearing pants and not pregnant yet that we know of. She looks happy and Jeremy seems to better then her brothers-in-law. But Derick seemed normal when he courted and married Jill. I'm still waiting to see if Jeremy goes the way of Derick.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Nah, they're not good enough liars for that. Jinger agreed with her that that's what happened without any awkwardness on her part. Jinger's used to Jessa being the loudmouth so it makes sense that she uses her as her mouthpiece when Jinger doesn't want to make any waves. 

That's what makes the FU moments so funny because their not that good of acting or lying. Look see Michelle with Jennifer or the chess playing Duggar ignore the fact they both act like Michelle is a relative they hadn't seen in years or maybe ever. Yes, Jana does get out of the house ignore all of the kids that are with her. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yeah, my take on that would be, 1, silent isn't necessarily the same thing as meek; 2., some men are easily fooled by the behaviors of women (some women exacerbate this by acting consciously and studiously different around men who are interested in them, than they do around other women).  

• Love 4

Maybe Jer just subliminally reminds me of somebody I don't remember who stole my lunch in fourth grade or something, but almost every picture I see of him screams "Arrogant prick! Arrogant prick! Arrogant prick!" 

Or maybe i just have a good eye for arrogant pricks. I've had a chance to observe quite a lot of them. over the years. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe Jer just subliminally reminds me of somebody I don't remember who stole my lunch in fourth grade or something, but almost every picture I see of him screams "Arrogant prick! Arrogant prick! Arrogant prick!" 

Or maybe i just have a good eye for arrogant pricks. I've had a chance to observe quite a lot of them. over the years. 

I think that you may be right, but I also think that Jeremy may have been the best Jinger could ever have hoped for -- Jesusy enough for the family, but not Gothard, and willing to pry open his mind a tiny little bit . . .

• Love 7
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, my take on that would be, 1, silent isn't necessarily the same thing as meek; 2., some men are easily fooled by the behaviors of women (some women exacerbate this by acting consciously and studiously different around men who are interested in them, than they do around other women).  

YES! And that's where I'm at with Jinger and why she's almost tied with Jill on my Shit Duggars list. I truly hate women who do that. I understand that it could be a a smart strategy, especially in that world, but a women smart enough to scheme wouldn't be dumb enough to fall so head over heels with the guy she's scheming. 

• Love 2

What's ironic is that Mechelle had to teach Jessa how to stop being such a bitch. I get Jessa on that level; I'm not sentimental either and would have also rolled my eyes at the "I could give you a world of flowers" crap. Yeah, to me, that's just a bullshit line that I wouldn't even believe from my husband of 23 years today. Then again, my man isn't that sentimental either, so while we remember the big stuff, I don't know the day of our first date (other than it was in July) or the proposal (pre internet, kids) other than it was in November. Looking back, my pre-marriage timeline was very fundie, other than that we had a 9 month engagement to actually plan a decent wedding. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So This!

I believe so long as Jing is doing things the way Jeremy wants it's all good ...the moment she wants something that isn't in Jeremy's view of how things should be, then he will be less than pleasant 

4 hours ago, queenanne said:

I so can't stand that playing up to men 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So far ... I see Jeremy as the guy who was always at the bottom of "his tribe". Like the 'almost' or 'so close' guy that never quite achieves his goal. A guy whose looks and something close to charm allows him to run with the "cool kids" and he uses humor to deflect he weaknesses. I'm not seeing the arrogance ... yet.

As far as Jinger, if she is playing the keep sweet role that @queenanne & @lascuba mentioned, Jeremy will grow tired and impatient of it. I don't think he needs, like JB does, a woman who pretends her husband is always smarter and wiser and never stands her ground. Then again very few men would.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I never would have pegged Derick as mean spirited either and I was obviously very wrong on that.

• Love 4

On a purely shallow note, I've always thought that the prettiest older Duggar sisters were Jessa and Jana.  I think Jill is just homely. Joy Anna is adorable, but her smile/teeth look odd to me. Jinger was always just cute, imho. When Jeremy/Babe first arrived on the scene I'm not gonna lie . . . I felt that visually Jessa or Jana would have looked more "right" with him than Jinger. But now that Jinger is married and experimenting with fashion I think she's come into her own. She's absolutely beautiful and looks outstanding with Jeremy. They're gorgeous together. Definitely the best looking couple on the show. I wish she would sacrifice a few inches of her hair and maybe get some highlights/lowlights but she truly is a beautiful girl.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So far ... I see Jeremy as the guy who was always at the bottom of "his tribe". Like the 'almost' or 'so close' guy that never quite achieves his goal. A guy whose looks and something close to charm allows him to run with the "cool kids" and he uses humor to deflect he weaknesses. I'm not seeing the arrogance ... yet.

I think what probably pushed me over the edge on the arrogance was watching the little blurb he has (or had -- haven't looked lately, trying to control my blood pressure) on the planted-church website.

Where he -- with absolutely no trace of hesitance, embarrassment, irony, any emotion or affect that could redeem this statement ... -- actually counsels some host of strangers that he seems to think are hanging on every word of his video sermons that, no matter how much they like those sermons, they should not use them as their only source of spiritual sustenance. That they should also seek a church near them. ....

Yes. He actually said this. And, as we know, his sermons aren't all that (which I feel is a kind assessment), and when he made that video (sometime last year, I think), he had approximately zero education, training or experience in being anybody's scripture interpreter or spiritual guide. I found it absolutely mind-blowing that he could sit there and say that in this matter-of-fact, I'm-counseling-you-for-your-own-good, soft (yeah, the stereotype cartoon villain, so I'm sure that's swaying me), voice. But that's exactly what he did. .... 

Why the hell would a completely uneducated and inexperienced 20-something "pastor" even imagine that tons of people were going to listen to his sermons online and be enthralled by them? Let alone that those people would somehow be irresistibly drawn -- apparently -- to viewing him as their one and only spiritual guru and leader and, once they'd found those sermons, wouldn't seek out any other spiritual counsel or take any steps toward finding a church and church community in real life? I can't imagine that even occurring to someone! 

So .... after that, just about every time I've seen a photo or video of him, I've either picked up some body language or vocal tic of arrogance or thought that I have. (who knows?)

Anyway ... other than that, I assess the situation pretty much as you do. 

Edited by Churchhoney
because "affect" and "effect" -- not the same
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I hear you.

I've been married to my wife (I'm a big scary lesbian who was disowned by my Quiverfull family) for 24 years this past July. Not legally married, of course, but we count the day in 1993 that we pledged our lives in front of our friends and chosen family as the day we were married. We took care of it legally a few years ago ... mostly for the benefit of our children. I do remember our first date. It was the first year I had ever celebrated Halloween outside the church and she broke two of my toes trying to get away from Freddy in a haunted house. I had no clue who he was or why he was scary. I didn't know why any of it was scary. I had gone to Hell houses before with the church ... houses that show you what hell will be like for sinners ... so it was all just pantomime to me. She broke two of my toes and I still fell in love. :)

I can tell you from my years in the church that Jessa questioning why a guy would want to give you all the flowers all the time would be very frowned upon. That guy would be considered swoon worthy and romantic and thoughtful and so on. A girl who didn't appreciate that in their courting beau would be prescribed a lot of scripture, the prayer closet, and a lesson with the female church elders about 'keeping sweet.' I can't even tell y'all how many of those lessons I had to go to over the years. Keeping sweet, despite my upbringing, wasn't always easy for me. I'd pull faces, I'd have arguments, I'd stand my ground. I was punished all the time ... mostly with lashes on my neck or palms or feet with a switch. Not really painful, but always performed in front of an audience so it was more embarrassing than anything else. Having to stand on a stool like Jane Eyre in the front corner of the church on a Sunday morning for the duration of the service became the norm for me after a while. I'd have to hold a sign that showed what my crimes against humanity were that week. It was common for my family to be invited places without me. I am sure the entire community breathed a sigh of relief when I came out, got disowned, and was forced to leave (pluck it from thine eye.)

Damn, I haven't talked about that stuff in years.

That might be the most adorable first date story I've ever heard. I'm sorry you had to deal with that upbringing, and I'm really glad that you got out and built a happy life for yourself. 

That moment with Jessa and the flowers is why I just can never go along with the henpecked Ben snark. I think there might be a fair amount of manipulation in that marriage (same as Michelle manipulates JB, imo), but there's no doubt in my  mind that Jessa suppresses a LOT in that relationship to keep things going smoothly. Just the idea of being with a Ben makes me want to rip my hair out. That might also explain why she misses Jinger so much...she really doesn't have a peer she can be herself around without being lectured on keeping sweet.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

On a purely shallow note, I've always thought that the prettiest older Duggar sisters were Jessa and Jana.  I think Jill is just homely. Joy Anna is adorable, but her smile/teeth look odd to me. Jinger was always just cute, imho. When Jeremy/Babe first arrived on the scene I'm not gonna lie . . . I felt that visually Jessa or Jana would have looked more "right" with him than Jinger. But now that Jinger is married and experimenting with fashion I think she's come into her own. She's absolutely beautiful and looks outstanding with Jeremy. They're gorgeous together. Definitely the best looking couple on the show. I wish she would sacrifice a few inches of her hair and maybe get some highlights/lowlights but she truly is a beautiful girl.

All the older Duggar girls have either oval (Jill, Jana,) or heart-shaped (Jessa, Joy) faces. Jinger is the only one whose face is round. So in group pictures of the four or five oldest girls, she tends to look a bit odd-girl out. Additionally, in a sea of bad hair and terrible makeup, Jinger's awful frizz and crayola eyeliner managed to stand out. But get her away from the group and do something about her hair, and she's lovely. Just look at her wedding pictures. Even her current straight hair is an improvement. So I think it's a combination of maybe being a bit of a late bloomer and of getting herself away from the sistermob scene.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Genevrier said:

All the older Duggar girls have either oval (Jill, Jana,) or heart-shaped (Jessa, Joy) faces. Jinger is the only one whose face is round. So in group pictures of the four or five oldest girls, she tends to look a bit odd-girl out. Additionally, in a sea of bad hair and terrible makeup, Jinger's awful frizz and crayola eyeliner managed to stand out. But get her away from the group and do something about her hair, and she's lovely. Just look at her wedding pictures. Even her current straight hair is an improvement. So I think it's a combination of maybe being a bit of a late bloomer and of getting herself away from the sistermob scene.

I am sure she got lost a bit in the middle of all those other girls.  I have always wondered what she thought of Free Jinger.  She was singled out by strangers as someone they wanted to save from her family.  Was it scary or did it make her go huh?  Maybe there is something other than this circus style life?  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Why the hell would a completely uneducated and inexperienced 20-something "pastor" even imagine that tons of people were going to listen to his sermons online and be enthralled by them? Let alone that those people would somehow be irresistibly drawn -- apparently -- to viewing him as their one and only spiritual guru and leader and, once they'd found those sermons, wouldn't seek out any other spiritual counsel or take any steps toward finding a church and church community in real life? I can't imagine that even occurring to someone!

That one I understand why he did it.  It's an almost automatic disclaimer for that type church.  As in here is some discussion, but you really need to go get aligned with a local church.  It's in all their tracts and will show up as a tag line in many online "discipleship" articles.  

• Love 4

Jeremy said he wanted a wife who was meek and he found one. I think there may be times where Jinger showed her version of spunk, but that's not with Jeremy. With Jeremy I see her as loving him more than he loves her. She is like a young girl with her first boyfriend who's totally goo goo eyed and whatever Jeremy wants is what she'll give him. On the one hand she knows Jeremy likes meek, but on the other hand she also knows Jeremy had relationships--and probably sex, with other more worldly girls than Jinger. I am sure in her mind she's competing with those girls. She still looks like a little girl in the pictures of she, Jeremy, and other couples.  I think she's in a perfect match. She's not so pretty that she'll take away from Jeremy, who likes to be the center of attention, she's completely smitten with Jeremy and will give into his every whim, and he wants someone who will actually do that. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think what probably pushed me over the edge on the arrogance was watching the little blurb he has (or had -- haven't looked lately, trying to control my blood pressure) on the planted-church website.

Where he -- with absolutely no trace of hesitance, embarrassment, irony, any emotion or affect that could redeem this statement ... -- actually counsels some host of strangers that he seems to think are hanging on every word of his video sermons that, no matter how much they like those sermons, they should not use them as their only source of spiritual sustenance. That they should also seek a church near them. ....

Yes. He actually said this. And, as we know, his sermons aren't all that (which I feel is a kind assessment), and when he made that video (sometime last year, I think), he had approximately zero education, training or experience in being anybody's scripture interpreter or spiritual guide. I found it absolutely mind-blowing that he could sit there and say that in this matter-of-fact, I'm-counseling-you-for-your-own-good, soft (yeah, the stereotype cartoon villain, so I'm sure that's swaying me), voice. But that's exactly what he did. .... 

So .... after that, just about every time I've seen a photo or video of him, I've either picked up some body language or vocal tic of arrogance or thought that I have. (who knows?)

Anyway ... other than that, I assess the situation pretty much as you do. 

I read that similar to what @Absolom said; cover your ass. Like a "Don't try this at home" statement. I'm not thinking it likely that one could sue a Pastor of an online sermon for say, ruining a marriage, but it seems like people will try and sue anybody for anything theses days. Like Josh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I read that similar to what @Absolom said; cover your ass. Like a "Don't try this at home" statement. I'm not thinking it likely that one could sue a Pastor of an online sermon for say, ruining a marriage, but it seems like people will try and sue anybody for anything theses days. Like Josh.

I think it's a standard disclaimer to tell the congregation to seek out other pieces of wisdom/other teachers, because the minister doesn't want to guarantee he's right or come off like a Jim Jones.   Actually an "in case my counsel isn't perfect, you should cross reference me against more than one other minister".

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, I get that now, guys! I think it's truly odd -- but I get it. Because what in the world does he say in these sermons that anybody could hold him accountable for in their lives? 

I still found his manner in the thing haughty as hell, though. Although I find his manner that way every time he speaks publicly! He got it straight from his father, of course, who strikes me the exact same way. (at least he's had some time to gather experience, though!) 

And, of course, this is the one thing that he may have listened to his so-called "mentor" at the parent church about, I suppose. Because he certainly didn't listen to the guy about his main points -- which say "make it about the people in your church; work with them and stand with them and be a group, not an individual spouting off." Haven't seen any evidence that he's following that one -- just the one about how you shouldn't base your entire life on his advice: Don't masturbate and remember that Catholics are going to hell..... ;  )

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Okay, I get that now, guys! I think it's truly odd -- but I get it. Because what in the world does he say in these sermons that anybody could hold him accountable for in their lives? 

I still found his manner in the thing haughty as hell, though. Although I find his manner that way every time he speaks publicly! He got it straight from his father, of course, who strikes me the exact same way. (at least he's had some time to gather experience, though!) 

And, of course, this is the one thing that he may have listened to his so-called "mentor" at the parent church about, I suppose. Because he certainly didn't listen to the guy about his main points -- which say "make it about the people in your church; work with them and stand with them and be a group, not an individual spouting off." Haven't seen any evidence that he's following that one -- just the one about how you shouldn't base your entire life on his advice: Don't masturbate and remember that Catholics are going to hell..... ;  )

And the survey says: Hell is going to be crowded.

• Love 10
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:11 PM, lascuba said:

I  think Jer  thinks he got the pick of the litter & is molding Jin to his likes.  It looks progressive, but it's not.  I think he's the sly one.

• Love 7

It's notable that no photos or blogs or other information has been released of Jinge doing anything to serve Babe's church - no pastor's wife activities/duties. We've seen her doing a little cooking for just themselves, some laundry, shopping, watching Babe do things, "dating" Babe, and traveling of course. You'd think it would be good for the Vuolo brand to show her, or talk about her, serving her husband's church and community. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

It's notable that no photos or blogs or other information has been released of Jinge doing anything to serve Babe's church - no pastor's wife activities/duties. We've seen her doing a little cooking for just themselves, some laundry, shopping, watching Babe do things, "dating" Babe, and traveling of course. You'd think it would be good for the Vuolo brand to show her, or talk about her, serving her husband's church and community. 

I think you are on to something...

• Love 3

I don't think we can know much about the private lives of any of these couples, but I definitely have concerns about Jeremy. Still... I appreciate that he's encouraging Jinger to create her own space away from her family, that he has no problems with pants or dresses above the knee (and did I also see exposed shoulder?), that he doesn't seem in a rush to have kids, and last but certainly not least, that his Instagram game is on point. After all of the other Duggars crappy photos, it's nice that a wannabe fame whore is at least uploading nicely composed and edited photos.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, ariel said:

I  think Jer  thinks he got the pick of the litter & is molding Jin to his likes.  It looks progressive, but it's not.  I think he's the sly one.

Yes, he is, and right now I think they're in this really lucky place where the changes he's making just so happen to be what Jinger wants or has never felt that strongly about either way (she did say she's not opinionated) so she happily goes along because she's so infatuated. It's what happens after the infatuation stage ends that the question, because she's not smart enough to manipulate like her mother and Jessa are, and she most definitely loves him more than he loves her. If it's something major that she doesn't want and actually says so? What's Jeremy's reaction? That's where the arrogant control freak is going to really make himself known. 

11 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

The fact that he chose Jinger is the proof that him being pastor is a short-term gig for him. Jinger is not pastor's wife material. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

FU Internetz in 3...2...1...

• Love 13
12 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Of course, we haven't seen Jeremy doing anything with the actual church community, either.  His online presence doesn't include any local church activities.  Most churches would be having Bible studies, coffee after church, maybe potluck picnics for parishioners and anyone interested. We haven't seen him baptizing anyone down there, conducting a wedding, preaching at a service, visiting the sick.  I personally think the church is just a cover for them to live down there on the proceeds from TLC.

And, yes, we should be seeing Jinjer baking cookies for the coffee hour, doing Vacation Bible school stuff with the kiddies, shaking hands with the parishioners after services as she stands by Jeremy's side.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Of course, we haven't seen Jeremy doing anything with the actual church community, either.  His online presence doesn't include any local church activities.  Most churches would be having Bible studies, coffee after church, maybe potluck picnics for parishioners and anyone interested. We haven't seen him baptizing anyone down there, conducting a wedding, preaching at a service, visiting the sick.  I personally think the church is just a cover for them to live down there on the proceeds from TLC.

And, yes, we should be seeing Jinjer baking cookies for the coffee hour, doing Vacation Bible school stuff with the kiddies, shaking hands with the parishioners after services as she stands by Jeremy's side.

It comes across like that to me as well. They're basically just a slightly more respectable version of the Dullards. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ariel said:

I think fundies are required to go to church three times a week.  Two times on Sunday & on Wednesday night.  It doesn't appear like Jin/Jer are doing that.

It doesn't appear any of the Duggars do that. Jim Boob is too much of a cheapskate to tithe; tithing is another Fundy article of faith.

• Love 1

The pictures Jeremy and Jinger post of themselves are fairly upscale compared to what the rest of the Duggars post. Their version of dressing for the job they want, which is NOT Spiritual Leaders of a Small Community. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Or, is he attempting to isolate her?

Jinger herself said they may not see each other that often (and frankly, other than Jessa, who does she really want to see?), but they facetime often. 

She saw her family a few times in that first six months, just not at her place. 

She may well be controlled by what Jeremy wants her to be, but she's going happily down that path. Give it a couple of years/kids, and let's come back to evaluate them. Jinger's never struck me as one who handles stress well.

• Love 3

I did have that thought, but I think it doesn't matter given the specifics of the Duggar beliefs and family. None of them would be support for Jinger if she needed it anyway. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jinjer has been isolated her whole life.  If Jeremy is doing it, it's not much different than what JB and M did to the kids or what a host of other Gothardites/ extreme fundies have done in their families.  These people are afraid of the big, bad world and the people in it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, leighdear said:

I give Jeremy points just because in the photo with his dad & brother, his dad has a slight resemblance to Sean Connery in his "Hunt for Red October" days.    Sexiest damn white beard ever.  

I see Salman Rushdie and Stanley Kubrick. 

• Love 2