Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

We all know people who gave  birth to children and were horrible parents.  It's proof you had sex without successful birth control and were physically capable of getting pregnant. Marriage and kids are about the only important thing we let people do without training or proof they know what they are doing.  God formed us so we could have children( usually). I think he stayed out of it after that. 

Yes, but it wouldn't be *truly* Duggar theology if they ignored evidence to support the opposite view (people totally not doing godly things in any way, shape, or form, having multitudes of children).

• Love 1
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Jeremy's church has 20-25 members, so 5-6 families? Not sure he needs to be there daily. He probably needs to be available evenings or whenever the families might actually be off work in case of emergency.    I am aware of a lot of small churches that have pastors with other full- time jobs. They just receive a small stipend to preach on the weekends they can. I think this is really what Jeremy's situation is. That's why the members are ok with his TLC schedule. 

Can you please post where it was stated that the member's of Jeremy's church are ok with his TLC schedule?  I must have missed that.

• Love 2

It's not only "I didn't know I could get pregnant".  It's the "I didn't know I was pregnant" moms that amazed me.  One mom told me - as she was holding her 8 lb newborn- that she had taken a pregnancy test just the day before.  Claims she had no idea. (!?)

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

It's not only "I didn't know I could get pregnant".  It's the "I didn't know I was pregnant" moms that amazed me.  One mom told me - as she was holding her 8 lb newborn- that she had taken a pregnancy test just the day before.  Claims she had no idea. (!?)

A chick at my work just became a grandmother for the second time, and her daughter had no idea. Apparently the first pregnancy was normal, but this second one, she got her period the whole way through, and just thought her small weight gain was from being tired and lazy. So odd.

I'm still hoping Jinger isn't pregnant - unless she really wants to be.

Edited by kalamac
Bringing my response back to thread topic.
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, kalamac said:

A chick at my work just became a grandmother for the second time, and her daughter had no idea. Apparently the first pregnancy was normal, but this second one, she got her period the whole way through, and just thought her small weight gain was from being tired and lazy. So odd.

I'm still hoping Jinger isn't pregnant - unless she really wants to be.

This could have been me for my second pregnancy. If it weren't for needing my HCG checked for genetic testing (we had suffered a loss exactly 30 days prior so not having or having wonky periods would have been considered normal) I would have never thought to test. As a result of the blood work, I knew immediately but I didn't really show with her until I was closer to 28 weeks and didn't need maternity clothes until I was closer to 32 weeks. Polar opposite pregnancy from my eldest. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, kalamac said:

A friend of mine who works at a free women's clinic hates that "I can't get pregnant while breastfeeding" has become such a widespread belief.  She says that while it works for some women, most women who don't get pregnant while breastfeeding wouldn't have regardless, based on their own body's post pregnancy recovery cycle, and that with the majority of women she sees who do come to the clinic, pregnant again while the current baby is just a few months old, one of the first things she hears from them is "but I thought I couldn't get pregnant if I was breastfeeding."

There is a huge variation in how breastfeeding affects fertility.  Here in the west, where we breastfeed to feed the baby and don't allow the baby to suckle for comfort much of the day as happens in the lesser developed world, the 'average' woman who breastfeeds will start to ovulate by the time the baby is 4 months old.  That's average.  My sister loved breastfeeding and breastfed her two kids exclusively for a year apiece.  She was having regular periods by the time each kid was 2 months old.  Other women will take a year or longer.  I once had a patient who came in when her youngest was 5 years old, complaining that her period was still not regular and she hadn't been able to conceive despite a couple years' effort.  Turns out, she was nursing the 5 year old 3-4 times a day, mainly for comfort, sleep.  The kid was otherwise eating regular food, etc., she was also attending kindergarten.  Mom wasn't ovulating when tested, I suggested she stop nursing completely and she was pregnant with baby #6 within 2 months.  Everybody's different.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

There is a huge variation in how breastfeeding affects fertility.  Here in the west, where we breastfeed to feed the baby and don't allow the baby to suckle for comfort much of the day as happens in the lesser developed world, the 'average' woman who breastfeeds will start to ovulate by the time the baby is 4 months old.  That's average.  My sister loved breastfeeding and breastfed her two kids exclusively for a year apiece.  She was having regular periods by the time each kid was 2 months old.  Other women will take a year or longer.  I once had a patient who came in when her youngest was 5 years old, complaining that her period was still not regular and she hadn't been able to conceive despite a couple years' effort.  Turns out, she was nursing the 5 year old 3-4 times a day, mainly for comfort, sleep.  The kid was otherwise eating regular food, etc., she was also attending kindergarten.  Mom wasn't ovulating when tested, I suggested she stop nursing completely and she was pregnant with baby #6 within 2 months.  Everybody's different.

That last example is amazing!

I had three kids I breastfed and I am certain it was exactly 9 months when my fertility returned because I was charting my temp daily and using NFP. After my first pregnancy, I had no periods or ovulation until 9 months and by 5 months postpartum, I was pregnant with #2 aka I got pregnant while breastfeeding! After #2 was born, I had periods without ovulating from 3 months postpartum and then I ovulated for the first time again at the 9 month mark and got pregnant with my 3rd aka I got pregnant while breastfeeding TWO children!!! So YES! So much variation even between my 3 and so many factors weigh in like supplementing with formula, how often the mother is nursing, her weight, and general health, mental health, stress and probably lots of stuff we don't even know about yet. Plus, did I mention, I got pregnant while breastfeeding twice, once while breastfeeding two children!!! FTR, unlike your sister, I did not "love" it. I didn't hate it either. I chose it and respect others' choices as well.  Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Also, I agree JinJer is waiting to tell the decision has been made to hide JinJer's pregnancy until whatever time the people who handle her (JB, JereME, TLC executives, and who knows who else actually makes the decisions) have told her ordered her to make it public which is obviously going to be when the next season of snark returns to the airwaves...unless she's not pregnant which would be a miracle in of itself.

5 years!  Wow!  With my first, I told family he was weaned at 2 years,  when he was really still comfort nursing, at home, in private til 3.  I was a single mom.

He was 8 when I had my 2nd, (married by then), and my 3rd came just 16 months later.  All three were completely breastfed, although 2 took pacifiers.  My normal periods returned by 6 weeks all three times.

• Love 1

I got pregnant while breastfeeding my third when she was nine months old  (and we were using NFP and condoms). She was sleeping through the night, which increases the odds of fertility returning.  My youngest is 14 months but still nurses all night. My cycle just now came back.

Jinger grew up with a mom who would not even use the natural spacing of extended breastfeeding to reduce fecundity. I genuinely hope that the delay in a first pregnancy is intentional. Since she grew up around so much obsession with fertility, Jinger should know the basics for NFP. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kalamac said:

Same thing happened with my mother when she had me.  I was the fourth child (and last) and also the smallest. (Dad joked he was afraid they wouldn't let them take home the next one as we kept getting smaller at birth. Doctors also told my Mom she'd never be able to get pregnant.)

there are many reasons a Jinj may or not be pregnant. I just hope she is enjoying this time with her husband and that she isn't in a hurry for children. If she does have any, she keeps it to a manageable number for her and Jer to raise.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

We are assuming the issue doesn't rest with Babe. For all we know he has a low sperm count and isn't capable of spreading enough seed to grow the Army. 

To add to this; We all know Babe has experience in the birth control realm. He did not spend his college and soccer days partying and sleeping around without it or he would have accidentally had a kid or two. It would not shock me at all if he broached the topic and lead her into that direction---regardless of who her father is and how she was raised, Babe is her leader now and Jinger, despite everything else, was raised to listen to her headship. Honestly, I would give Babe extra bonus points if he said these are our options, lets have some time, and then we'll plan. Frankly, Jinger can say anything she wants to the cameras or to her families while being filmed, it doesn't necessarily mean she's doing the same thing in private. 

I don't think he'd even have to lead her there. She was the one who told Jessa what she wanted changed in the apartment but didn't say anything to Jeremy, letting Jessa be the badm guy. She might honestly not want kids yet and pretended to meekly accept what Jeremy wanted. 

2 hours ago, louannems said:

5 years!  Wow!  With my first, I told family he was weaned at 2 years,  when he was really still comfort nursing, at home, in private til 3.  I was a single mom.

He was 8 when I had my 2nd, (married by then), and my 3rd came just 16 months later.  All three were completely breastfed, although 2 took pacifiers.  My normal periods returned by 6 weeks all three times.

I nursed exclusively for the first year---no solids, and then nursed on demand until 2 with them eating normal food, and younger went close to 3. I still got my period back 6 months to the date of delivery with both. 

1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I think Jinger is not pregnant because she does not want to be pregnant.  Why does she want to be saddled with a baby right now?

If Jinger isn't pregnant, I think it is Jeremy who is the one that doesn't want Jinger pregnant now. In his culture, he's the man of the house & Trojans are probably his best friends.

1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I think Jinger is not pregnant because she does not want to be pregnant.  Why does she want to be saddled with a baby right now?

While I suspect BAAAAAAAAAAABE has a big say in when they have kids, I think Jinger is getting some say. She grew up as the youngest of the 4 J'Slaves and had to deal with the Howlers and Lost Girls while her parents locked the bedroom door attempting for the next little J'Blessing. I don't think she thrived in the chaotic environment of the Duggar household. Here she's getting some alone time for the first time in her life and she only has Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe around otherwise. She must be thrilled. Why add a baby? She just discovered skinny jeans!!!

Plus Josh, Jill, and Jessa were married with children already. That took a lot of pressure off Jinger and Jeremy to bear a sacrificial lamb for ratings and People magazine spreads. Now with Joy married and Joe getting pretty close, the focus is going to shift off Jinger's uterus and onto Joy's and Kendra's. I'm betting Joy and Kendra will be pregnant by the end of the year, along with Blessa (who will not be outdone).

• Love 24
36 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

While I suspect BAAAAAAAAAAABE has a big say in when they have kids, I think Jinger is getting some say. She grew up as the youngest of the 4 J'Slaves and had to deal with the Howlers and Lost Girls while her parents locked the bedroom door attempting for the next little J'Blessing. I don't think she thrived in the chaotic environment of the Duggar household. Here she's getting some alone time for the first time in her life and she only has Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe around otherwise. She must be thrilled. Why add a baby? She just discovered skinny jeans!!!

Plus Josh, Jill, and Jessa were married with children already. That took a lot of pressure off Jinger and Jeremy to bear a sacrificial lamb for ratings and People magazine spreads. Now with Joy married and Joe getting pretty close, the focus is going to shift off Jinger's uterus and onto Joy's and Kendra's. I'm betting Joy and Kendra will be pregnant by the end of the year, along with Blessa (who will not be outdone).

I suspect another Joshanna blessing too. 

I do think the longer Jinger and babe wait, the more appeal they'll have when they do actually get pregnant. She may be the next People cover based on a baby born at this rate. Anything that makes them a little different from the Duggars, is gonna help them garner more attention and money. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I suspect another Joshanna blessing too. 

Josh and Anna announced a few months ago they are expecting a baby "in the summer" and I think it's a boy. (not sure why I think that)

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Josh and Anna announced a few months ago they are expecting a baby "in the summer" and I think it's a boy. (not sure why I think that)

They announced it was a boy at the same time they announced the pregnancy.

• Love 2

Jeremy and Jinger posted a bunch more black and white pictures of the Arkansas state Capitol, Jeremy playing soccer, and Ben and Jessa in what I think is the Vuolo's guest bedroom. Also a throwback of them, I guess they are trying to keep people guessing after the dinner pictures with random stuff.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

This proves how little I follow those two. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jeremy and Jinger posted a bunch more black and white pictures of the Arkansas state Capitol, Jeremy playing soccer, and Ben and Jessa in what I think is the Vuolo's guest bedroom. Also a throwback of them, I guess they are trying to keep people guessing after the dinner pictures with random stuff.

Kind of looks like a hotel room. 4 BR in a 1500 sf. house wouldn't have room for two wing chairs with ottomans in a spare room.

1 minute ago, Marigold said:

Can anyone see what Jessa is reading? Or pretending to read....

No, it's blurry even when I blew it up. The bottom does feature a crown and cross.

• Love 3

My first glance... I see the word "Godly" 

Small word on top is probably "The"

The cover looks very familiar to me. 

EDIT: 

The Godly Home

Someone posted it.

I thought it was a Vision Forum book, the Godly wife!  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 4

Yeah, that's what I thought I saw ("The Godly"), but wasn't sure enough to back it up. I read a couple of reviews. Written by a Puritan, it  fits into Ben's Calvinist beliefs.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

I guess Jana is wrangling the kids while Jessa and Ben read? 

Now, nothing wrong with Jessa and Ben having some quiet reading time but we all know that Jana is a workhorse in the Duggar clan. 

• Love 9

It looks quite hotel-ish to me.  Isn't the moratorium for visitors still in effect? 

Oh, that was only 6 months.  Maybe JinJer started a new one with their new home?  I'd sure hate to have snot and such all over my new furniture, and lazy Jessa wouldn't be bothered to clean up.  @Marigold, you're probably right, though.  They probably dragged Jana along to do their scut work.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Is he going to post only black and white now? I wanna see the colours in the wallpaper behind Binessa. :)

That's probably why it's black and white!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jess & Ben in that picture look like the Addams Family without the charm.

• Love 10

Can anyone see what Jessa is reading? Or pretending to read....

Not sure, but it least its upright.

I'm guessing that's Jer's & Jing's house and whoever took the picture has their ass against the wall. Duggars cramming too much furniture in a room is typical.

• Love 2

My first glance... I see the word "Godly" 

Small word on top is probably "The"

The cover looks very familiar to me. 

EDIT: 

The Godly Home

Someone posted it.

I thought it was a Vision Forum book, the Godly wife!  

Just took a look. That was written in 1673, and sounds like it. No way in hell is Jessa actually reading it. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa is reading an edited version for modern audiences. Even so, she might not make it through the big words, although the KJV may actually help her with the stilted language.

Maybe she's reading the Cliff Note version?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Kind of looks like a hotel room. 4 BR in a 1500 sf. house wouldn't have room for two wing chairs with ottomans in a spare room.

No, it's blurry even when I blew it up. The bottom does feature a crown and cross.

I'm going to guess that's their living room. They said they have a master bedroom, guest room, study for Jeremy and a storage room. Let's assume the bedrooms average around 12 by 12, leaving 900 square feet for the kitchen, dining, baths, living room, and necessary dead space (hallways, closets, etc.). This can't be the guest room, because there's no room for a bed. It's awfully feminine to be Jeremy's study. I doubt Jessa and Ben would be reading in the master. I suppose it could be the storage room, but why decorate it? So if it's in Jeremy and Jinger's house I think it has to be the living room. I guess it could be a hotel, but sweet lord in heaven, why would anyone ever stay there with that wallpaper? Motel 6 has better decor these days. 

• Love 1

This is probably one of the more interesting pictures a Duggar has posted. 

There is a book, a computer,  hideous wall paper, large furniture and it's located in a mysterious place. 

• Love 9