Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

If you've read Austen (books written in the day), or Georgette Heyer (books written a century or more later), or any of the lesser authors on that era, remember the concept of a vicar being appointed by the aristocrat that owned that living?  Sometimes they were younger sons, sometimes just well-connected.  Some had only one living and actually lived and worked there, others collected livings where the deacons (? assistants) did all the scut work and the vicar might drop in once a month (or less) to be important.

Whether he knows it or not, this is the kind of ministering Jeremy wants to do.  He'd be quite average at it.

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 9

I never got the impression Jeremy wanted a bigger Church but... I am not sure what his career goal is.  I do not think he is fundy at all.  Nor do I think Jinger is pining away for a baby.  I think she is enjoying her freedom.  

And I am willing to bet they are using conventional contraceptives.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I never got the impression Jeremy wanted a bigger Church but... I am not sure what his career goal is.  I do not think he is fundy at all.  Nor do I think Jinger is pining away for a baby.  I think she is enjoying her freedom.  

And I am willing to bet they are using conventional contraceptives.

I would guess that he's not sure what his career goal is -- except that it's got to be something that feels fulfilling to someone who's quite ambitious for prestige of some sort. .... (I don't think anybody posts the kind of pictures he does, makes such a huge deal of reading high-falutin' books as he does, or deliberately goes after a Duggar girl when he clearly could have had other women unless that person has quite a bit of -- possibly only vaguely focused -- ambition. Seems pretty clear to me that he's usually trying to prove something about himself.)

So far he's tried pro sports and bombed out. Seems he had some hopes there and didn't take the bombing out all that well. Now he's trying his dad's profession -- like athletic talent, maybe he's hoping he has that in his genes.

Maybe the church thing will give him what he wants or maybe it won't. I don't think he really has the talents to make a congregation, big or small, particularly happy, but I will say that he seems to be trying, after his lights. I think his lights are misguiding him -- he seems to think that bragging about his super-intellectual approach to sermonizing and rubbing elbows with the highest-falutin' Calvinists he can find will be the answer. Seems unlikely to me, given his current talent level. But maybe he can impress a high-falutin' Calvinist to make him his successor or something. 

• Love 5
On 9/3/2017 at 5:33 PM, louannems said:

Great ass views of Jeremy.  He could just have easily stood facing the audience, but Jeremy loves showing off his perfectly fit behind.

Did I see a woman strumming a guitar in the window?  Such a strange little church!

Jeez.  He really looks like the young guy yelling about homo-sex-Ual sin on our campus a few weeks ago.  Jeremy, if you get into the college damnation tour, please don't come here.  

• Love 5

OMG.  She is so "earnest" with the crinkly brow.  Why o why do they make personal messages public?  Mr. lookeyloo and I had an anniversary recently and no one knew but us.  It is between US, not the world!!  Some of my Facebook friends leave these kinds of messages to their spouses/parents/children/grandchildren.  Why don't they just tell those people in an email/text/face to face?  WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

OMG.  She is so "earnest" with the crinkly brow.  Why o why do they make personal messages public?  Mr. lookeyloo and I had an anniversary recently and no one knew but us.  It is between US, not the world!!  Some of my Facebook friends leave these kinds of messages to their spouses/parents/children/grandchildren.  Why don't they just tell those people in an email/text/face to face?  WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!

Well, if you don't make it public, it's not very successful as advertising, right? 

• Love 12

I'm of a different generation, so maybe that's why I don't like social media very much.  I see it as bragging mostly.  "See how wonderful my life is" kind of stuff.

That said, I have a married daughter who's a tech-wizard, and she would never post the self-aggrandizing bullshit that so many others do, including many old people like me.  

I guess it's not just an age thing, after all...

• Love 17

This would be a non-issue for we regular folk. Jinger's video came through Duggars Studios (or whatever the hell they're calling it now).

How many times did Jinger say Jeremy loved the Lord or some variant? It's all for show. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

For you religious folks out there, do you comment of your partners love for God - ever? Do you praise your partner for his devotion to God on special occasions?

As far as birthdays, after 30 plus years of marriage we consider it a success if we remember to say Happy Birthday to the birthday person before the day is done.

• Love 12

Our next anniversary is 25. Mr. Sumi always takes my birthday off, but sometimes forgets to write in our anniversary. I saw him for a couple of hours before he scooted off to work last month. He works a swing shift, so I'm usually asleep when he gets home. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

For you religious folks out there, do you comment of your partners love for God - ever? Do you praise your partner for his devotion to God on special occasions?

As far as birthdays, after 30 plus years of marriage we consider it a success if we remember to say Happy Birthday to the birthday person before the day is done.

I got rid of my significant other awhile ago. But I say thank God when my kids do something I ask them

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Whoa there, girl.  Pull it back a little!

Leader.

Protector.

Man of God.

Grateful Admirer.

That's a doozy of a crush.

Ugh! sorry but Jing just makes me think minge.....taking myself off to the prayer closet...

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Whoa there, girl.  Pull it back a little!

Leader.

Protector.

Man of God.

Grateful Admirer.

That's a doozy of a crush.

A doozy of a teen aged crush.  Babe also treated to the sloppy Duggar sundae. I'm surprised they weren't photo sharing a milk shake together with two straws.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, ariel said:

There is no way that a guy of Babe's age & his worldliness  likes this kind of crap.  He is a fame whore who has sold his soul to the devil/duggars..

Yep  it's one foot on the slippery slope and the other on a banana peel. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, ariel said:

There is no way that a guy of Babe's age & his worldliness  likes this kind of crap.  He is a fame whore who has sold his soul to the devil/duggars..

You speak the truth.  How does Baaaaaabe even smile & let his pic be taken like this?  Fame whore, absolutely.  Shameless.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jukie said:

Ugh! sorry but Jing just makes me think minge.....taking myself off to the prayer closet...

Ok, I thought "what's so bad about the word 'minge'?" Then I googled it. OMGoodness 

I swear I learn something new every day on these forums...

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 8

When I see Babe & Jing going out to dinner it look's like a divorced father who has custody of this teenage daughter every other weekend & is taking her out to dinner.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 23
8 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Mr Tabloid and I celebrated our 25th anniversary last week and he didn't make OR publish a selfie video message for me!   Think we are doomed.

The slacker!!!!

9 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Ok, I thought "what's so bad about the word 'minge'?" Then I googled it. OMGoodness 

I swear I learn something new every day on these forums...

Even knowing I was going to be sorry I had to join you. 

• Love 8

D00MED! I have 25 coming up next year. Equally doomed as we will not be advertising our activities on social media, even for our friends. I will, however, remind him to take a week off around early August so we may be able to take a little vacation. We haven't had one together in years due to our disparate work schedules. 

• Love 10

I think his "church" is paying him very little money.  He's living off the Duggar teat.  Hooking up with Jinger was planned & calculated. So far it has worked to his advantage.  Money for nothing, chicks for free.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Mr Tabloid and I celebrated our 25th anniversary last week and he didn't make OR publish a selfie video message for me!   Think we are doomed.

The big question is, though, did he buy you a drippy sundae? THAT'S true love!

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, ariel said:

I think his "church" is paying him very little money.  He's living off the Duggar teat.  Hooking up with Jinger was planned & calculated. So far it has worked to his advantage.  Money for nothing, chicks for free.

I want my [original] MTV! /Sting

• Love 7