Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Does Jeremy have a job? I imagine if he's working at all, it's for GCC. But he hasn't said anything. I'd expect JereME to brag about his new opportunities.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Does Jeremy have a job? I imagine if he's working at all, it's for GCC. But he hasn't said anything.

I assumed he doesn't because he seems like the type who would brag if he scored a fancy new position.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Does Jeremy have a job? I imagine if he's working at all, it's for GCC. But he hasn't said anything.

And if he is going to school, I wonder if it is a tuition plus stipend. That ain't a lot of money! Living on a graduate stipend can be tight anywhere, but I would imagine in Southern California, with a wife and child to support, it will be stretched very thin, even if supplemented with TLC money and their social media whoring, I mean, advertising. 🙂

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I assumed he doesn't because he seems like the type who would brag if he scored a fancy new position.

He would totally have an elaborately staged photo, which he stills pretends is casual and spur-of-the-moment, announcing it. 😂

• LOL 9

That’s the most genuine facial expression I’ve ever seen on him...and it’s over a stupid tie.

Felicity, now...she gets it. That’ll practically a Samuel-quality WTF expression she’s got going on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
21 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

At least Jeremy is not on Jim Bobs payroll/begging for $. Jim Bob doesn’t control him like most of his kids. 

I don’t like Jeremy but at least he is trying to get employment and support his family.  

Are you sure?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I think they said he has some kind of job through his grad school (administrative assistant? type stuff). 

I don't remember seeing that. Was it in the body of an IG post?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

At least Jeremy is not on Jim Bobs payroll/begging for $. Jim Bob doesn’t control him like most of his kids. 

I don’t like Jeremy but at least he is trying to get employment and support his family.  

Get what employment? He just quit his job to move.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't remember seeing that. Was it in the body of an IG post?

Didn't someone on reddit say that? It was a person who attended one of their last speaking engagements in Dallas. The person said Jeremy had a job lined up with the school, we weren't sure about the authenticity their post.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Didn't someone on reddit say that? It was a person who attended one of their last speaking engagements in Dallas. The person said Jeremy had a job lined up with the school, we weren't sure about the authenticity their post.

This sounds right. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Zella said:

And if he is going to school, I wonder if it is a tuition plus stipend. That ain't a lot of money! Living on a graduate stipend can be tight anywhere, but I would imagine in Southern California, with a wife and child to support, it will be stretched very thin, even if supplemented with TLC money and their social media whoring, I mean, advertising. 🙂

Amen. .... 

I've read their financial and financial-aid information, and The  Master's Seminary makes no mention of stipends either .... And actually I'm not sure why they would be handing those out since they're a graduate-school only. They don't have any undergrad teaching duties to divvy up among the underlings.

I guess it's possible that doctoral students could be posted to teach master's-only students. But that's not a common practice as far as I know -- Plus, Jer's a master's student, so he wouldn't get in on any stipends like that.

There is one full-tuition honors scholarship endowed by some donor. And they say it goes to about 10 percent of the students. So Jer's sucking up may potentially have won him that. But I don't see that he's necessarily qualified, compared to others, since a large proportion of the students at this place are pretty experienced pastors already. These are the qualifications they name: "Scholarship recipients demonstrate a significant aptitude for fruitful future ministry. They are selected based on their proven character, ministry experience, potential impact, and academic excellence." And since the school's in trouble for handing out favors whimsically, I suppose MacArthur can have just handed this to his little lickspittle, despite other men being better qualified for it. .... Don't think that'll make Jer very popular with his fellow students, though, if that's what's happened. 

On-site students do get a tuition break compared to remote-study students. But obviously that has to compensate for the living and moving costs you incur by trekking to California to do this. 

Other than that, they just say, Fill out your FAFSA. So 90 percent of people are doing this with loans only, it appears. 

If Jer got into the lucky 10 percent who are going tuition-free, then that's a major tribute to the power of his sucking up. And ditto if he scored some kind of campus job, since they don't even mention any such thing in their financial information -- and you wouldn't have the usual "teach a freshman section of X" jobs available. 

Especially since the school's been laying off permanent employees, including administrative aides and such, I read, in the midst of the accreditation mess. ....

If he's getting a job and money when other people are losing theirs, he's not going to be beloved on the campus, I expect. But it sounds like something that could happen, given the general rap on MacArthur as an employer and school director. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5

I would guess being married to a Dugger would lift him up!  There's a lot of under the table dealings even in the ministry!

I'm still surprised they chose California.  That seems like a huge stretch for a dugger girl!!!

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 12:13 PM, GeeGolly said:

Summer outfit for Ivy.image.png.9c26adcfeec88b89edc8f1b240c17432.png

Summer outfit for Lissy.

image.thumb.png.3a92b59cadda2a161f6b09b961a754a5.png

How is the first outfit a summer outfit? Spring maybe. Poor Ivy her mother obviously believes in that modesty gothard crap, even though her being dressed  like little house on the Prairie didn’t stop Josh. 

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I would guess being married to a Dugger would lift him up!  There's a lot of under the table dealings even in the ministry!

I'm still surprised they chose California.  That seems like a huge stretch for a dugger girl!!!

I truly wonder how being married to a Duggar in any way lifts you up? This family are the last family I’d ever want to marry into. Sure he gets tv exposure but he’ll always be related to these weirdos, I’d be so embarrassed if I was related to the Duggars I would deny it too everyone.

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190702-182247_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.a0099940e1bb45ff702cc1f540e04d18.jpg

https://amp.businessinsider.com/cameo-app-sells-personalized-celebrity-messages-2018-4

Ooohhh, lordy! Jinger is now doing cameo. It's an app where you can buy shout outs from celebrities. This is just a whole new low, it's only washed up reality stars on there. 🙄

I heard of this app on a 90 day fiance blog. Apparently all of them are on this app making $$ from shout outs.

Wouldn’t it be nice to put some effort into real life? I’m surprised by this crap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
(edited)

I'm still not understanding the hat.  I'm starting to think her real hair got fried and she pulled a Brittany and shaved it off and what we see is a wig.

Edited by BigBingerBro
can't spell
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

So...which one of you is going to pay up $60 and request a shout out for a “Reverend Fancy Pants?” 

She already has 1 buyer who reviewed. 

Screenshot_20190702-185041_Instagram.thumb.jpg.02915bc076bd862e6867f5568ad07d25.jpg

• LOL 7
32 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190702-182247_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.a0099940e1bb45ff702cc1f540e04d18.jpg

https://amp.businessinsider.com/cameo-app-sells-personalized-celebrity-messages-2018-4

Ooohhh, lordy! Jinger is now doing cameo. It's an app where you can buy shout outs from celebrities. This is just a whole new low, it's only washed up reality stars on there. 🙄

I heard of this app on a 90 day fiance blog. Apparently all of them are on this app making $$ from shout outs.

Didn't Derick and Jill do this? If you gave a certain amount of $$$ to their "ministry," they read a thank you note on Instagram or something?

• Love 2
On 6/30/2019 at 10:48 PM, galaxychaser said:

Felicity is a cute baby! I really hope she will get to go to school. And not be a prop for daddy sausage lips.

Eww, sausage lips. Won’t be able to get that out of my head now!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

She basically collects $60 for reading whatever script the buyer writes for her.  It can be a simple hello, a birthday message, or whatever the cameo person will agree to. “Hi Doodlebug! Thanks for providing the only real medical advice my family has ever seen.  Happy birthday!” 

Don't fall for it @doodlebug. Your friends here will send you the same messages for free.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She had to include the Duggar name.

I guess she's aware that, despite how impressed he is with himself, Jer's name carries no weight whatsoever......He certainly realized this when he nabbed her, but I wonder if he remembers now that he's been coasting on the Duggar media- and social-media fame for a while? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3