Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jinger…enough with the..

Are you kidding?!?                                
Omg, are you kidding me right now?!?    
seriously, are you kidding me?!?!          
omg, you cooked?                             
wait, what…                       
are you kidding?!?!?                                
Wait are you kidding me?!?!??             
omg, are you kidding?!?!?!!            

Wash, rinse, repeat 1000x   🙄

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 15

So Jeremy spends the day with Felicity, he does the shopping,  makes dinner for Jinger, gives her jewelry that was CLEARLY stated to be part of a partnership deal and she's supposed to be pissed?

At what? 

The dinner was clearly a surprise, but she likely knew he was shillling for the jewellry co.  Just not all the details.

She drags him into her ads constantly.  They do them together all the time for perks, swag & freebies.  They're both contributing to the lifestyle they so clearly love and to me, look like they're having a hell of a lot of fun doing it. 

There's no deception or misinterpreting what's happening.  They aren't trying to hide or mischaracterize any of those partnerships. 

I say, rock on & get the goodies while you can. And those lab diamonds were gorgeous.  I've got lab diamond earrings & love them.  No blood on my hands, thanks.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 10
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jinger's set looked to be pavé. How would they compare, cost-wise, to the real thing? That's a pretty generous freebie.

This is the necklace Jerm linked in the video, so even with the smallest center at 1/2 carat, it's still retailing for almost $800.  Then the matching earrings are extra. It's a classy looking set to me, not too ostentatiously blingy.   https://www.diamondnexus.com/products/pamplona-necklace-1/

No clue about the cost comparison to natural diamond jewelry. 

As a conflict-free alternative, it's pretty popular with the granola set in my neck of the woods.  Nobody was killed or maimed to provide the pretty sparkles, so it's a humble brag.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

My opinion is that there was no way that Jinger didn't already know about this partnership and "surprise video". When Jer went out to the driveway to film Jinger getting out of the car, it looked to me like they set up that shot. I also noticed the minute amount of pasta Jinger put in her dish. I think silly Jeremy boiled the whole 1 pound box of pasta! Way too much...even if Jinger ate her share, which she didn't. He also would have never included (well, sort of) Felicity in this if Jinger didn't already agree to it. I think he should have left the girl out of it as it was quite annoying to me to not see her, yet phantom-like hear her. I'm tired of the back of her head. These two are a bit fakey to me. I take offense when Jeremy proclaims how "Italian" he is. His Italian roots belong to his great-grandparents who actually were Italian. His grandma Vuolo is not Italian. She stated this in a Duggar video. Her great recipes are her mother-in-law's, which she had to learn how to cook. He is, what, 3rd generation American. Get real, Jeremy....this from a 100% Italian woman who is a 1st generation American. We don't know what background Grandma Vuolo is and what background Jer's mother is as she is not Italian to my knowledge. Please feel free to correct me here if I am mistaken.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

There are a couple of boring videos on her Instagram. One of Jerm "preaching" and another one of her cooking. I can't get a link to work. But if you have Instagram, you can go watch. 

I rather take a nap 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

Jinger (Mr. Jinger) posted a video about Shiny Happy People.  Not sure why they made it now. It was to explain why she did not participate. Main reasons she wanted to control her narrative and was concerned about editing.  The other was it didn't address helping people who were victims, where they can get help and how they can still have faith. They talk about her book and how you can reject IBLP and still be christian.  They do kind of acknowledge that it was a documentary about IBLP so helping people keep their faith was not part of the purpose (but still yammered on about not helping people find Jesus). She also acknowledged it was very accurate about the teachings and how bad Bill Gothard was.  She had some good points but but it was just silly they found fault in a documentary not presenting the  christian view. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
5 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Jinger (Mr. Jinger) posted a video about Shiny Happy People.  Not sure why they made it now. It was to explain why she did not participate. Main reasons she wanted to control her narrative and was concerned about editing.  The other was it didn't address helping people who were victims, where they can get help and how they can still have faith. They talk about her book and how you can reject IBLP and still be christian.  They do kind of acknowledge that it was a documentary about IBLP so helping people keep their faith was not part of the purpose (but still yammered on about not helping people find Jesus). She also acknowledged it was very accurate about the teachings and how bad Bill Gothard was.  She had some good points but but it was just silly they found fault in a documentary not presenting the  christian view. 

I think it was just another promotion for her book and MacArthur. And Jeremy!

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
24 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

If Jinger wants the Christian perspective of the documentary, most Christians are appauled and horrified at Gothard, his rules and how children were abused, Jinger. Jesus would be too.

I think that is exactly what Jinger is saying. She may only be Fundy-lite now, but she gets Gothard and IBLP were/are dangerous and unchristian. 

I was surprised she mentioned her dad. She said JB controls a lot and familial relationships have been fractured for a while.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

I know Jinger is not a Duggar favorite and Jill is, but IMO, Jinger took a higher road in revealing how their parents' religious beliefs and JB's power impacted their childhoods and adulthoods. Jill on the other hand has stated her childhood was pretty great and adult her beef with JB is over money. Sure, Jinger's book had a lot of read between the lines, but the message was there.

IMO, Jinger has never wanted to throw her parents under a scandalous bus, but Derick did, so Jill did it for him.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think that is exactly what Jinger is saying. She may only be Fundy-lite now, but she gets Gothard and IBLP were/are dangerous and unchristian. 

I was surprised she mentioned her dad. She said JB controls a lot and familial relationships have been fractured for a while.

She doesn’t truly get it, though. IMO, she’s just traded one horrendous belief system for another 🥲. McArthur is also abusive and dangerous. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 12
  • Applause 7
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

She doesn’t truly get it, though. IMO, she’s just traded one horrendous belief system for another 🥲. McArthur is also abusive and dangerous. 

I agree MacDaddy is a misogynistic religious zealot who likes to wield his power, but I don't feel he leads a cult. IMO, the congregants are free to cherry pick their beliefs, the same as many other churches. 

I don't expect Jinger or Jill to ever become liberal Christians. I for sure believe they will both lead lives that include judging others and interfering with human rights, but I feel Jinger is one step closer to recognizing, or to use her word, disentangling, what leans cult and what leans Christian, than Jill is.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1