Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So Jinger goes on Tamron to promote her own book and gets peppered with questions about Jill and Jill's book?

It will forever and always suck to be a Duggar kidult. ('cept if you're Amy 😁)

As I mentioned before, Tamron read the "pedophile brother" passage during the interview. She did ask how Jinger was getting along with her parents, and she answered "It's complicated." That was really the extent of non-Jill content. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4

I could see Jeremy— with his history of latching onto people more famous than he is— deliberately scheduling an interview for Jinger’s book just as Jill’s book was drawing in publicity that he could borrow.

I could even see this as a consciously coordinated effort by the Dillards and the Vuolos. A rising tide lifts all boats or some such. 

• Like 11

It's not a bad strategy, really. Jinger's book appeals to the sympathetic christian ex-fan of the show (triumphing over adversity through Jesus) and Jill's to the snarkers. The only chunk of the (former) audience that you're missing is the leghumpers, who have written off Jill and Jinger anyway. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I could see Jeremy— with his history of latching onto people more famous than he is— deliberately scheduling an interview for Jinger’s book just as Jill’s book was drawing in publicity that he could borrow.

I could even see this as a consciously coordinated effort by the Dillards and the Vuolos. A rising tide lifts all boats or some such. 

IMO this is exactly what he did. He also reposted Jill’s posts that mentioned HIM on SM, lol. 

• LOL 10

It pains me so, so much to say this, but I'm going to say Jeremy's not quite as bad as everyone's favourite cousin. He, at least, is directly involved in the Duggar circus, he's mentioned favourably in the book and he didn't spend a year ranting on SM about giving a voice to victims and then did absolutely nothing about it before switching to the latest incarnation of Amy: the frazzled mommy blogger. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 20

Is it possible that Jinger took the $80K and signed the NDA? Could that be why she didn't discuss the family negatively in her book? Though that is a possibility, I think it's more a matter of her meek, people pleasing personality and her deference to Jeremy's idol, MacArthur. I think she and Jeremy are fully committed to their new cult. Also, her ghost writer probably wasn't much interested in the Duggars, except for the book sales the name might engender. But it's possible that she did sign it and isn't allowed to dis JimBob for the rest of his life. Or is it her life? Not sure how NDAs work. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

Jer's pretty savvy.  He had contacts that found the attorney that took the girl's case on contingency.  And he is familiar with contracts.  I have a feeling that there may be a volume II coming from their side of the family.  Especially when they see how well Jill's book is selling , and all the interest in it.  And what she had the guts to expose.  Jill's book may be a wake-up call for some of her sibs.  I definitely think the lines are drawn, and the kids are not a united family anymore.

• Like 15
49 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Is it possible that Jinger took the $80K and signed the NDA? Could that be why she didn't discuss the family negatively in her book? Though that is a possibility, I think it's more a matter of her meek, people pleasing personality and her deference to Jeremy's idol, MacArthur. I think she and Jeremy are fully committed to their new cult. Also, her ghost writer probably wasn't much interested in the Duggars, except for the book sales the name might engender. But it's possible that she did sign it and isn't allowed to dis JimBob for the rest of his life. Or is it her life? Not sure how NDAs work. 

I actually think J&J had their own version of J&D's money feud prior to moving to LA. I don't think for a minute Jeremy would sign an NDA. As much as Jeremy is a wanna be, I think he is more mature than Derick and didn't need a pissing contest with JB public. Also Jinger's book was focused on the damaged caused by IBLP and not about family issues. Kind of apples and oranges.

• Like 18
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I would think if JB was involved with possible tax fraud that would invalidate any NDAs.

Well, it certainly wouldn't prevent any of the kids from being interviewed by the IRS should the government pursue a tax fraud case against JB, An NDA cannot protect anyone from being interviewed about criminal activity and any kid who declined to answer the questions claiming there was an NDA in place would be told to tell the truth or risk going to jail.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I would think if JB was involved with possible tax fraud that would invalidate any NDAs.

13 hours ago, Notabug said:

Well, it certainly wouldn't prevent any of the kids from being interviewed by the IRS should the government pursue a tax fraud case against JB, An NDA cannot protect anyone from being interviewed about criminal activity and any kid who declined to answer the questions claiming there was an NDA in place would be told to tell the truth or risk going to jail.

I have some things to say about NDAs. I'll say it in one of the other topics, probably the TLC/Media one. 

tl;dr: In my personal opinion, any NDA signed by a Duggar child or in-law in return for JB giving them money THAT HAD BEEN REPORTED TO THE IRS AS THEIR OWN INCOME - would be vulnerable to a defense of being unconscionable if attempted to be enforced.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 8
  • Useful 5
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I actually think J&J had their own version of J&D's money feud prior to moving to LA. I don't think for a minute Jeremy would sign an NDA. As much as Jeremy is a wanna be, I think he is more mature than Derick and didn't need a pissing contest with JB public. Also Jinger's book was focused on the damaged caused by IBLP and not about family issues. Kind of apples and oranges.

Oh I agree. I think Jeremy had a financial plan and negotiated show income for he and Jinger before he proposed to her. Jeremy wanted a pretty virginal wife and cash*- he didn’t need to show up JB. 

*yes I do think he liked Jinger for herself, but she fit the criteria he was looking for which is FINE, so long as people are honest about it. 

• Like 13
5 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

She still has to keep her husband satisfied, the house has to be clean, and the kids well-behaved. She's not able to maintain her looks, so her husband may start desiring other women.

Based on Jeremy telling her about when he is interested in other women and making her responsible for his phone use, I suspect she's also describing conversations she's had with her husband. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
51 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Very carefully.  😂Basically you wind up sitting on the toilet in your bra and with your outfit down around your ankles. 😂

I had a chuckle imagining confronting a squat toilet with an outfit like that.  I remember them in northern Greece and Turkey, bracing my back against the wall with my pants and panties at my ankles.  After that first time I wore a skirt in that area, and only had my panties at my ankles.  I just can't go commando!

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Based on Jeremy telling her about when he is interested in other women and making her responsible for his phone use, I suspect she's also describing conversations she's had with her husband. 

That episode shortly after Felicity was born when the only time Jinger got a break from taking care of her newborn was to make Jeremy coffee is permanently engraved in my brain. 

Jinger, you described you current life exactly, minus the number of kids.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

I don't think that outfit is right for any shoes. Or for humans to wear it. I survived wearing jumpsuits in the 80s, one of which buttoned down the back so peeing should have gotten me an Olympic medal for something. Just say no to jumpsuits, Jinger.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 13
10 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Very carefully.  😂Basically you wind up sitting on the toilet in your bra and with your outfit down around your ankles. 😂

And hope it’s not too chilly in the bathroom! 

If Jeremy need that much accountability to keep from straying, it’s only a matter of time. Burdening Jinger with this responsibility while telling her about women that catch his eye is demeaning  No wonder Jinger is constantly relentlessly hung up on her diet and trying to improve her “hotness” level for him. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Like 4
  • Sad 14
14 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

She also talks about Gothard's girls. Was Jana ever one?

She sure was— Jill  mentions it in her book, saying that at the time she didn’t realize it was “strange, unsafe, and unwise.” The other sisters just joked about Jana being one of Gothard’s girls. 

I think it would be hard for either Jinger or Jill to do anything but dance around the subject because anything they say will be presumed to be about Jana. 

• Like 15
6 hours ago, lascuba said:

That episode shortly after Felicity was born when the only time Jinger got a break from taking care of her newborn was to make Jeremy coffee is permanently engraved in my brain. 

Yeah that was gross. The Jeremy-Jinger interaction that's engraved in my brain is him telling Jinger her answers to Would You Rather were wrong. Jeremy, the entire point of the game is talking about personal preferences and not indisputable fact, you asshole. There are no wrong answers to Would You Rather. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 10
  • Sad 9
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Didn't Jeremy complain about getting her a glass of water? What a jerk/horrible man.

In my book, he’ll never live that down!  When she was up at night with the new baby!  

Edited by awaken
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1

Some of us who came out of the 80's always wore a tank top or tube top under our jumpsuits. 

Really not a difficult concept.  They were cute & comfy.  I think she's styled hers in a very contemporary way & pulls it off. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Some of us who came out of the 80's always wore a tank top or tube top under our jumpsuits. 

Really not a difficult concept.  They were cute & comfy.  I think she's styled hers in a very contemporary way & pulls it off. 

Taking my response to small talk. 

On 9/19/2023 at 10:28 PM, oliviabenson said:

Didn't Jeremy complain about getting her a glass of water? What a jerk/horrible man.

Yes it was either when she was in labor or after when she had just given birth. 

On 9/20/2023 at 2:05 AM, Kiss my mutt said:

And hope it’s not too chilly in the bathroom! 

If Jeremy need that much accountability to keep from straying, it’s only a matter of time. Burdening Jinger with this responsibility while telling her about women that catch his eye is demeaning  No wonder Jinger is constantly relentlessly hung up on her diet and trying to improve her “hotness” level for him. 

I’ve never understood why jumpsuits don’t have buttons on the front like onesies for babies 😂

Someone needs to tell Jinger to mess with Jeremy every time she sees a hot man she should tell him, then start talking about how much hair he has it’s so sexy, lovely muscles etc etc 😜

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 10
30 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Black boots would’ve made the outfit great. Or red boots! 

Better yet, no boots.  A cute pair of pumps or sandals would've looked better, especially for a wedding, IMO.

Ankle boots with a dress kind of stumpify the legs, IMO.

• Like 20
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

At least Jeremy’s pants actually fit and are not 25 inches too long. 

I think his jacket is too small. He needs a bigger size.

It looks like he has gained a significant amount of weight.  The lean athletic body is gone.

• Like 11