Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

What's cringy about a thumbs up? I must be out of the loop.

Just a personal opinion. I can’t stand thumbs ups! Just NO.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3

Jana needs an accountability partner for her to travel, remember? She needs for it to be a male also. Ben's part time job seems to be the Duggar male accountability partner as he travels with Michelle and any of the unmarried female Duggars. Jessa does go with him. I don't care what they say, Jana may be able to travel as she pleases but she is not allowed to travel by herself. This is a 33 year old woman. How sad, really.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 1
10 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Why doesn’t Jana photoshop a skirt on herself and Jinger? And Bin’s proud boy haircut says it all. 😳

What is a proud boy haircut? I am slightly familiar with the proud boys just was not aware they had a specific haircut.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What is a proud boy haircut? I am slightly familiar with the proud boys just was not aware they had a specific haircut.

Just google it. I don’t want to get into a political discussion here. 

• Like 2

Millions of young men have the exact haircut Ben has. 

Millions. In many countries. 

I'd wager some women posting right here have husbands, brothers and sons with that SAME haircut.

It signifies nothing except ridiculous man-style at this moment in time. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 3
45 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Millions of young men have the exact haircut Ben has. 

Millions. In many countries. 

I'd wager some women posting right here have husbands, brothers and sons with that SAME haircut.

It signifies nothing except ridiculous man-style at this moment in time. 

It absolutely signifies something to some of them 🤷‍♀️.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/5/2023 at 4:19 PM, GeeGolly said:

Or could, possibly, maybe, Jessa let Ben go with Jana? 🤣

Hey, there's biblical precedent. Leah and Rachel did it!

For those who don't want to Google, Jacob was a guy who was in love with Rachel. Her dad said she could marry him if Jacob worked for him for 7 years. Jacob does, but the dad pulls a switcheroo on the wedding night and J. ends up married to Rachel's older sister, Leah. Once J. agrees to do another seven years of work, the dad lets him marry Rachel too (Woot! bigamy! So wholesome!).

Jacob and Rachel were the parents of Joseph with the fancy coat. Jacob and Leah were the parents of all his meanie brothers.

Edited by satrunrose
Explaining a kind of obscure reference
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Both of them are punchable. 

orca-image-2066122097.jpeg

Speaking of punchable, I wonder why there hasn't been a post about Punchable Aunt Cade, and the wife he won't call by name?  😜

Also, I get a daily list of books Amazon has on sale, and guess whose book is on there today?  "Only" $4.99 for the Kindle version.  No sale here!

Edited by xwordfanatik
  • Like 1
  • LOL 13

I couldn’t make it through all of the Arkansas video, but could Jerm have been more obviously rude about spending the day with Austin 

it was clear he felt he was superior to anything that Austin would do 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, satrunrose said:

For those who don't want to Google, Jacob was a guy who was in love with Rachel. Her dad said she could marry him if Jacob worked for him for 7 years. Jacob does, but the dad pulls a switcheroo on the wedding night and J. ends up married to Rachel's older sister, Leah. Once J. agrees to do another seven years of work, the dad lets him marry Rachel too (Woot! bigamy! So wholesome!).

Jacob and Rachel were the parents of Joseph with the fancy coat. Jacob and Leah were the parents of all his meanie brothers.

Why couldn’t you have taught the Bible class I was required to take at my somewhat strange high school??? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Totally said:

I couldn’t make it through all of the Arkansas video, but could Jerm have been more obviously rude about spending the day with Austin 

I think Jeremy and Austin both have similar sense of humor. So they both were just ribbing each other. Jeremy does that with his old soccer friends too. Joy and Austin have been out to visit Jinger and Jeremy a few times. I think Jeremy and Austen enjoy spending time together. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Amazingly that arrangement didn't work out. Who could have seen it coming. Beside you know everyone except Rachel's and Leah's father. 

• Like 9
11 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Why couldn’t you have taught the Bible class I was required to take at my somewhat strange high school??? 

Aw, thanks! And you've uncovered my secret identity (not Bible teaching, but I am a teacher).

• Like 5
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Totally said:

Is the video Joy’s or Jinger’s?  I want to watch it.

6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Amazingly that arrangement didn't work out. Who could have seen it coming. Beside you know everyone except Rachel's and Leah's father. 

How did it turn out?

23 hours ago, auntieminem said:

I think Jeremy and Austin both have similar sense of humor. So they both were just ribbing each other. Jeremy does that with his old soccer friends too. Joy and Austin have been out to visit Jinger and Jeremy a few times. I think Jeremy and Austen enjoy spending time together. 

Huh!  Interesting. I wouldn’t have guessed Austin and Jeremy would have similar senses of humor. I’d have thought Jeremy would be way too faux sophisticated and highbrow (haha) for Austin. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I think both have a dry humor and yeah Jeremy's is more sophisticated because he has been exposed to more different people and experiences. But if I recall Austin was throwing shade at the Duggar way early on, not mean but especially about germs.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

No Jeremy fan here but ... at least he has attended 'preacher' school. Whether he has any talent for it is a whole other thing.

Missionary Derick, Preachers Gil Bates and David Waller and fake preacher David Rod, have none. Ben at least has some, not nearly enough, but some.

• Like 14
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

34A4CB8E-0AFA-4CBE-94D3-40DD61D65E96.jpeg

Jeremy you are one of the unqualified Preachers!

Hmm, I wonder how the Duggars and their in-laws feel about this? 😆

34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

No Jeremy fan here but ... at least he has attended 'preacher' school. Whether he has any talent for it is a whole other thing.

Missionary Derick, Preachers Gil Bates and David Waller and fake preacher David Rod, have none. Ben at least has some, not nearly enough, but some.

Add JB and Kendra’s dad to the pile. 

• Like 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, Derick gave up the missionary thing a few years ago in favor of law school. I doubt his lack of 'preacher' school credits will hamper him in his current work as a lawyer.

My idea of hell would be having to listen to any of those guys preach. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6
On 7/9/2023 at 11:59 AM, satrunrose said:

There was a happy ending for Joseph, though. He went on to star in Andrew Lloyd Webber's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat! (Google "Close Every Door to Me" and you can see a shirtless Donny Osmond, which was way less disturbing than I would have thought, but I'm not posting it because we've already depleted the world supply of brain bleach!). 

There is a new supply of brain bleach on the Amazon truck and it is 4 stops away.

• LOL 19
18 hours ago, ChristmasCandy said:

There is a new supply of brain bleach on the Amazon truck and it is 4 stops away.

No brain bleach needed for the shirtless Donny Osmond scene. I was never a fan of his back in the day, and had never followed his career, but was pleasantly surprised by how good he was in JATATD, and especially the "Close Every Door to Me" number. I remember, back when it first came out, showing it to a friend of mine, and we both kind of marveled at the fact that once you came right down to it, and once he grew into his teeth, Donny Osmond was actually a talented and attractive guy.

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

No brain bleach needed for the shirtless Donny Osmond scene. I was never a fan of his back in the day, and had never followed his career, but was pleasantly surprised by how good he was in JATATD, and especially the "Close Every Door to Me" number. I remember, back when it first came out, showing it to a friend of mine, and we both kind of marveled at the fact that once you came right down to it, and once he grew into his teeth, Donny Osmond was actually a talented and attractive guy.

thank you for saying something nice about Donny. most people just make fun of him but he is really talented and actually a nice person. he didnt let me down!

• Like 14
  • Love 1
(edited)

This is worth seeing just to see Jinger beat Ben in a 5K run.  Strangely, even though it's mentioned that both Ben and Jessa are there, there's no Jessa in the video, except a quick shot of her from the back and a very quick side shot.  She's got a striped shirt.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

It’s hot as hades so of course Jinger and Valerie are dressed in black. 

A kid that looked 8-10 years old also beat Ben.

Did Jeremy say Jessa and the boys were there or Jessa and the kids? I only saw Henry. If the girls were there they would have been around Felicity and Evangeline. 

Good to see Jinger doing something without Jeremy.

• Like 6

You can see Ivy for sure in the parade shot. She has on a dress that looks quite formal and stuffy, unlike Felicity's weather-appropriate little skort set. I also noticed that Felicity is quite vocal and doesn't seem rehearsed or that she has to be fed her lines. This next year should be either preschool or kindergarten for her (I forget), so it's going to be interesting to see what happens come August/September. There is a big difference between children attending parochial/religious schools and the homeschooled religious set. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
6 minutes ago, Tasya said:

You can see Ivy for sure in the parade shot. She has on a dress that looks quite formal and stuffy, unlike Felicity's weather-appropriate little skort set. I also noticed that Felicity is quite vocal and doesn't seem rehearsed or that she has to be fed her lines. This next year should be either preschool or kindergarten for her (I forget), so it's going to be interesting to see what happens come August/September. There is a big difference between children attending parochial/religious schools and the homeschooled religious set. 

I must say that it’s refreshing to watch a video where the kids are not asked every five seconds if they are excited. Also, not a single YAY! Felicity is a chatty girl, I hope they enroll her at least in private school. Real private school not McArthur’s proposed mess.

• Like 11
4 hours ago, zoomama said:

thank you for saying something nice about Donny. most people just make fun of him but he is really talented and actually a nice person. he didnt let me down!

I have heard that he's very nice and I do enjoy his voice, he just wasn't on my list of celebrities I would enjoy seeing shirtless! That being said, even before I stumbled on that YouTube clip, he still would have ranked well above breakout star Jeremy. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8