Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 3/4/2023 at 9:02 AM, BetyBee said:

I'm really old because I remember a Dick Van Dyke episode where the Petries set up a blind date for a neighbor and the date had "invented" removable coat sleeves. If that storyline had been on Andy Griffith, Jing might be familiar with it! 

Yeah, they did removable sleeves in like 1300s Europe…

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I remember reading in some Latin American countries, women would have attachable sleeves that they would wear when the went to church to be more modest.  Not sure it they pinned them or if they had elastic that held them in place.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Their new house is now quite the drive from the trendier places they used to go.  I expect that's putting a damper on Jeremy's field trips plus now they have two pre-schoolers to drag around and that isn't an age group known for its tolerance of meaningless car rides for restaurant meals.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 5

I didn't realize they were paying a mortgage now.  On what income, Jinger's tv and book royalties?  Is Jeremy getting paid even though he's still in school?

I'm fascinated how these two live Hollywood lives on a Z-list celebrity's income.

• Like 18

Its kind of crazy to be on the outside looking in...

Who would Jeremy be if he didn't marry Jinger? Who would Jinger be if she didn't marry Jeremy?

Of all the couples, IMO the Vuolos wouldn't be who and where they are now if not for each other.

• Like 23
(edited)

Jeremy has had a job at the church/seminary throughout their time in Los Angeles county.  My guess is that they used a lot of Jinger's book advance for a larger than average down payment on the house.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
39 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jeremy admitted during the lawsuit deposition that he made hardly any money, Jinger was and still is the bread winner.

How does Jeremy reconcile sponging off his wife with his misogynistic views is beyond me. Walk the walk, Jeremy. Like Ben you are a failure as a man, father, and headship if we use your own standards. 

He sought out Jinger for a reason, imo. 

• Like 22
  • Useful 1
On 3/4/2023 at 10:55 AM, farmgal4 said:

I don’t hate those shoes.

Neither do I. 

As for "natural" hair. I have natural wavy/curly hair. I spent a number of years blow drying it out. I gave up on that about 10 years ago. My husband loves it natural and so do I. And it is not only easier to get ready in the morning, my hair is much healthier. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

It's just what little girl natural curly hair does especially if it's the least bit windy at least in California.  The only way around it is shower every morning, load with conditioner, use a wet brush, and then spray with leave in conditioner as it air dries.  Most mothers aren't going to bother with all that every single day.  

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

Jeremy admitted during the lawsuit deposition that he made hardly any money, Jinger was and still is the bread winner.

How does Jeremy reconcile sponging off his wife with his misogynistic views is beyond me. Walk the walk, Jeremy. Like Ben you are a failure as a man, father, and headship if we use your own standards. 

It's not like Jinger is working 12 hour days at a factory. They are living off the fame from the lifestyle Jinger grew up in, which is the same lifestyle they are now saying is a cult. They might also have monetized Jinger's Instagram (no idea how that actually works though). I just hope they have a long term plan, because the money from this fame isn't going to last. People are going to lose interest eventually. 

• Like 12
14 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It's not like Jinger is working 12 hour days at a factory. They are living off the fame from the lifestyle Jinger grew up in, which is the same lifestyle they are now saying is a cult. They might also have monetized Jinger's Instagram (no idea how that actually works though). I just hope they have a long term plan, because the money from this fame isn't going to last. People are going to lose interest eventually. 

I'm surprise they haven't. There's not really anything interesting about Jeremy or Jinger. They don't do anything, have any fun hobbies, a niche or anything. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm surprise they haven't. There's not really anything interesting about Jeremy or Jinger. They don't do anything, have any fun hobbies, a niche or anything. 

What about sneakers and other footwear? I thought that was their niche. 😉

• LOL 11
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

There's not really anything interesting about Jeremy or Jinger. They don't do anything, have any fun hobbies, a niche or anything. 

No, they really don't do much:

Concerts, family camp, golf, shopping, cooking lessons, travel, writing 3 books, skiing, soccer games, making podcasts, Creating a retail website, beach trips, hanging with famous friends, going on podcasts, personal appearances, creating a bespoke coffee, hiking, fishing trips, bible study groups, working out, piano lessons, etc. Plus hosting all the random family members that want a California vacation. 

Oh, and parenting 2 small children.

But yeah, soooooooo dull and unmotivated compared to the scintillating Jill & the dynamic Jessa.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Tv Land Teacher GIF by Teachers on TV Land

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
On 3/14/2023 at 12:52 PM, Kellyee said:

I just hope they have a long term plan, because the money from this fame isn't going to last. People are going to lose interest eventually. 

I do think they have a plan - use Jinger's New York Times status to churn out books for the foreseeable future, and use Jeremy's doctorate to help find some sort of church/university job and the occasional speaking gig - again, with the help of Jinger's New York Times status. And possibly collecting some small royalties from these books.  (Amazon sales rankings indicate that the first two are still selling - not in high numbers, but still selling.)

Since they are limiting their family size, I'm guessing they will be financially fine. Maybe not as financially fine as Jeremy would want - ok, definitely not as financially fine as Jeremy would want - but comfortable. 

• Like 11

JinJer (mostly Jin) did another podcast with Allie Beth Stuckey. I haven't listened to it all (it's an hour), but Jeremy confirms pretty early in that he's a Calvinist. A lot of talk about Gothard and purity culture. 

eta If anyone is curious, it's posted on Allie's YT. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Thanks 5
  • Useful 5
On 3/28/2023 at 4:01 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

JinJer (mostly Jin) did another podcast with Allie Beth Stuckey. I haven't listened to it all (it's an hour), but Jeremy confirms pretty early in that he's a Calvinist. A lot of talk about Gothard and purity culture. 

eta If anyone is curious, it's posted on Allie's YT. 

Allie Beth is a truly horrendous excuse for a human being.

• Applause 7
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I'm glad to see that Jer shaved off that beard, but has gotten away from the shaved head look.

Maybe he had some kind of hair replacement procedure. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Photos from Jinger's IG that shows her with all her sisters and niece/nephews.  The two boys are apparently JD's and Jill's.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqoOremvf9b/

I guess they got the memo from JB to post phots showing that they all get along since some of the press were saying there was friction among the siblings because of Jinger's book.

Is Frederick the baby in the third picture and Charlie the last one? I thought it was the other way but I think Charlie is older. Who is the baby girl? Lauren’s?

• Like 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Who is the baby girl?

According to FB, that's Brinley, Jer's daughter.  

Not sure which is Freddy and which is Charlie.

eta:  Now I'm reading that's not Freddy--it's Truett.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

According to FB, that's Brinley, Jer's daughter.  

Not sure which is Freddy and which is Charlie.

I keep forgetting those two and their baby, thank you. It’s a good thing for the Gen 3 new kids not to be easily recognizable. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

If you click on the picture, Jinger tags the parent(s). So yes, it's Charlie, Brinley, and Truett in that order.

Charlie looks a lot like Gracie.

Charlie is adorable, they all are. Truett has grown a lot.

• Like 1
(edited)

Started her new book today. When I picked it up from the library I thought it’s short, no problem. Wow, a lot of Bible thumping to get through. Sorry if that’s your jam, it’s not mine. But it is interesting how she talks about what she thought as a kid and what she believes now. (Or maybe it’s what her husband believes? But at least she wears pants and isn’t going to have 19 kids.)

I can’t imagine having so much anxiety about everything as a child. Poor kid.

Edited by Eureka
  • Like 14

Wow. The group of Duggar women are, on the whole, a not very attractive bunch.  You would think that in nearly 20 kids there would be a stunner in the group, but nah.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
19 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think they look nice. Not everyone can be beautiful and we have no control over our looks.

No control absent surgical means, but presentation is 100% within our control.  And good grooming. 

I don't care if it is a casual meal, Jill looks like a street person wearing men's trashed cast-offs.  She looks like she smells. 

And the TTH girls look like they dressed out of the communal dirty clothes basket as usual.  

Even Jinger's plain T-shirt and jeans and Jana's simple sweater look like high fashion in comparison. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4