Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

They all appear slovenly. All. I realize no one has control over what they are born with, but proper grooming  goes a long way. Say what you will about the Bates girls, but they all attempt to pull themselves together. The Duggar adult women have opted to be public personalities of sorts, so unfortunately, grooming, etc is part of what’s getting put out there. They know the game by now.

• Like 8
(edited)

I think Jessa is potentially beautiful, but she needs a haircut and becoming clothes.  They all look like they dressed out of the ragbag, especially Jill.  What exactly possessed her to choose baggy orange sweatpants?

Edited by Suzn
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

I think in terms of their appearance, they aren't raving beauties, but all of them are reasonably attractive.  But, like everyone else, I think grooming goes a long way to how you are perceived.  Jill's outfit is not boho to me, it's more I was in the middle of cleaning the house and ran out the door in what I had on at the time.  The younger girls make me sad because they should be wearing fun clothes, not the same old denim skirts and whatever they find in the pile on top.  And don't even get me started on Josie.  There are no longer a million kids at home.  Her parents could buy her decent clothes.

• Like 19
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 3/7/2023 at 11:39 AM, louannems said:

Toilet plunger boots!

Who the Hell thought it was cool to steal the design for Papa Smurfs' boots then make them for Humans! Papa Smurf said Y'all need to get Your OWN swag and stop biting His style! Ronald McDonald feels some type of way about those big red boots as well!! 🤣😂😭💀🤣😂😭💀😭🤣😂💀

Edited by SargentSlaughter
  • LOL 7

Jinger has seemed to have let go of this belief to some degree, but the others' beliefs are all tucked neatly into the broader belief of thinking secular folks are dangerous, inferior and wrong, so yes, I would call all their beliefs ugly in that sense.

It doesn't mean I think the Duggars walk around hating everyone, or even realize how hateful their beliefs are, but if your foundation for loving Jesus is the disapproval of others, something is very, very wrong.

• Like 11
  • Love 5

If a poster has questions regarding forum rules and guidelines, i.e. body shaming, please see the moderators a PM for clarification (the mods for this forum are @deaja and @Scarlett45).

It is not appropriate to discuss within the thread, as it derails the topic, in this case Jinger and her family. 

This is not a warning just a reminder of forum guidelines.

1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I do not believe this is a "ministry" that will actually cover the medical costs of non-famous fundies. I didn't think much of the Vuolos, but I think even less of them now. 

Same here. A few weeks ago I found that Jinger's latest book is available at my public library as an e-book, and placed a hold. Last week I got an email notice that it was available to check out. And I found that, after all, I wasn't interested enough to click through and check it out, much less to spend any time reading it. When I looked again a few days later, I'd lost my place in the queue for it. No grief resulted.

(My library system automatically places me at the end of the hold line if I don't check out the book in the X days allowed, so I'm again in line to check it out unless I cancel that.)

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I do not believe this is a "ministry" that will actually cover the medical costs of non-famous fundies. I didn't think much of the Vuolos, but I think even less of them now. 

This is sickening. I don’t even believe they use this themselves.

• Like 17
  • Useful 2

Yea, shilling this bogus insurance is low. Its not the first time. Jinger and Jessa have been doing it every few months.

I recently read an article about a similar cost share insurance. The family that started it, went to jail over their scam and then started a new one when they got out. I'm not saying CHM is criminal, but I know they often don't work out well for many.

I don't get it. How dumb, naïve, careless does one have to be to turn their money over to entities like this?

I'm thinking a lot of the customers of CHM wear LuLaRoe, drink Plexus, use Dime make up and have bottles and bottles of essential oils. And of course don't trust government services.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

I have a friend who is using a plan like this--I don't remember which company--because she moved to another state and did not have insurance from her former employer.  She need something to tide her over until she qualifies for Medicare in a few more months.  I think it paid for basic health care without problem, but she had to jump through some hoops when she needed a sleep study.  She will go on Medicare in a couple of months, so this was a viable option to have basic care for a short time.  She is glad she will not have to rely on it in the future.

• Like 10
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

The seminary has health insurance and requires the students to use it or at least it did when Jeremy started there.  

I suspected that. Jinger is a LIAR.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

The seminary has health insurance and requires the students to use it or at least it did when Jeremy started there.  

You can be required to sign up for the basic insurance coverage, but nobody can FORCE you to actually use it if you prefer another method of paying your bills. 

You most likely will not be followed into a doctor's office and monitored to make sure you present the proper coverage cards. 

The family is probably registered for the program, but may not take advantage of it.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Don't you have to follow strict ultra- Christian fundamental rules; like no birth control to qualify for those types of programs? (I won't call them "insurance".))

4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have heard of having to sign that you won't smoke, but I have not heard of other restrictions.

When some knuckleheads where I worked at a Christian company proposed we did this several years ago, no smoking was definitely a requirement for the one they wanted. You were also supposed to identify the church you attended in the applications. They also had some pretty insane preexisting condition limits. I don't believe your application would be rejected for them, but they made it clear that expenses related to care for them wouldn't be covered. We basically tallied it up, and a lot of us were automatically out of the running due to smoking (not me) or not attending church (definitely me) and the rest had basic preexisting conditions that made them very leery of how much the program would actually cover. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 10
(edited)

So a couple of posts on Instagram from both of them. From Jings, a couple of nights ago they went to a Dodgers Phillies game with friends. It's a reel and hard to grab screenshots of. But this is the best I could do. I have no idea who the other woman is. 

Jing posted the selfie today. She did something with her hair. 

Jerm posted the pic of her and her shoes the night of the game. And he posted some crap video of him "preaching".  

The pics didn't upload in the right order, but anyway 

orca-image-1178344607.jpeg

orca-image-1090248920.jpeg

orca-image-1028063932.jpeg

orca-image-1294837046.jpeg

Edited by Stevie Nicks
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
7 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

So a couple of posts on Instagram from both of them. From Jings, a couple of nights ago they went to a Dodgers Phillies game with friends. It's a reel and hard to grab screenshots of. But this is the best I could do. I have no idea who the other woman is. 

Jing posted the selfie today. She did something with her hair. 

Jerm posted the pic of her and her shoes the night of the game. And he posted some crap video of him "preaching".  

The pics didn't upload in the right order, but anyway 

orca-image-1178344607.jpeg

orca-image-1090248920.jpeg

orca-image-1028063932.jpeg

orca-image-1294837046.jpeg

Jinger’s hair is fried.

• Like 17

Her hair texture looks normal in her Instagram photos.   Looks like she added some blonde streaks to frame her face.  Just the weird video & whatever filter was used makes her hair look pixelated & strange.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DXD526 said:

What is Books talking about? Who ever said 'sin is no fun'? Of course the pleasures of the flesh are tempting and fun, that's why they're called the pleasures of the flesh! He seems to think he's made some huge discovery that, "there is an allure to sin." The conflict between good and evil is as old as time itself, largely because being bad can be fun! Is he under the impression that he's making some revelation?

Obviously this guy fancies himself as 'deep', but you can't get your ankles wet in him. 

I agree. This is like undergrad-level stuff of an unexceptional student.  I can't believe he's achieved his Master's in theology when this is what he puts out there to show how intellectual he is.  I haven't been to church in quite some time, so maybe it's different now, but I never ever heard in all the churches, camps, youth groups, VBS sessions, college courses, etc that sin isn't fun.  

• Like 14
  • Love 2
On 4/7/2023 at 10:17 AM, zenme said:

They all appear slovenly. All. I realize no one has control over what they are born with, but proper grooming  goes a long way. Say what you will about the Bates girls, but they all attempt to pull themselves together. The Duggar adult women have opted to be public personalities of sorts, so unfortunately, grooming, etc is part of what’s getting put out there. They know the game by now.

I agree with this 100%. The all always look just one step above "just got out of bed." I also think they look dirty because they probably are dirty. They grew up bathing very rarely (once or twice a week?) and never wearing clothes that actually fit.

That having been said, they simply take awful pictures. In part, that's because the purpose of every photo is to demonstrate JUST HOW VERY MANY OF THEM THERE ARE.

There is simply no reason for them all to be spread out in a long line; and there is no reason to show each of them from the tips of their toes, to the tops of their heads. A shot of them grouped together more tightly, and just showcasing their "countenances" would be much more flattering.

• Like 7

If by traditional you mean prayers, hymns, and a sermon it's traditional.  It isn't liturgical though.  The hymns are all accompanied by organ, piano, and orchestra from a fairly standard hymnal not the guitar lead praise band Christian rock style.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

What happened to all the posts with stuffing his face with free food? Sucking up to his church elders? Playing golf? Hanging with his rad homie Cade? All his new sneakers and books?

Jeremy are you okay my rad homie? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 13