Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

She looks a lot like Jill in this photo. I wonder if one of the kids took it? It's an odd angle to be JereME, unless he's reclining!

It could’ve been one of the kids, but it looks as if Jeremy is laying down and getting the shot that way. But again why post this one?

I do see a resemblance to Jill (in the cheeks and jaw from that angle). 

• Like 2

Joy and Austin put up one video (I assume there will be another) on their trip to Jinger's. It is interesting that Joy is showing her kids and not showing the faces of Jinger's girls.  I wonder if it causes her think about her own kid's privacy, I doubt it. Apparently they were there for a week. Wonder if there were any conversations about IBLP or theology?   I would bet Jeremy would be wanting to talk about it.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Joy and Austin put up one video (I assume there will be another) on their trip to Jinger's. It is interesting that Joy is showing her kids and not showing the faces of Jinger's girls.  I wonder if it causes her think about her own kid's privacy, I doubt it. Apparently they were there for a week. Wonder if there were any conversations about IBLP or theology?   I would bet Jeremy would be wanting to talk about it.  

It’s probably well established by now that J&J do not want their daughters’ faces on SM. Joy is being a considerate sister and abiding their wishes. 

Sadly, I don’t think Joy will ever make the connection, unless Austin does first. JB&M  have been extraordinarily successful at sucking the individuality out of their children. It’s most obvious with the married four older ladies.

It took Jill awhile but she is a pants wearing, family planning, social drinker who recognizes some of the damage done. But a lot of it came through Derick’s prism.

Same with Jinger and Jeremy. There’s no way Jinger would be talking about her cult like upbringing and contraception if her headship didn’t believe the same. 

Austin would have to be the one saying there are nice looking people out there who look at pictures of babies and kids online for sexual gratification. And then draw a map to her brother. Joy is dim as it gets. I sometimes feel sorry for her.

Jessa is the only daughter (so far) to be unabashedly large and in charge. Ben doesn’t have a snow ball’s chance in hell of changing her mind about parenting, or anything else. It would take a catastrophe to maybe open her eyes. Jessa is going to ride her father’s financial coattails, monetize her children, have a baby every year, and remain as ignorant as ever.

It will be interesting to see how the younger four girls evolve as adults. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Christian footwear? FFS. 🙄

Do they have anything to do with Kanye? 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It could’ve been one of the kids, but it looks as if Jeremy is laying down and getting the shot that way. But again why post this one?

I do see a resemblance to Jill (in the cheeks and jaw from that angle). 

If he did lay down to get this shot, it’s even more screwed up than I originally thought. 🤣

2 hours ago, auntieminem said:

It should have caused her to think about limiting her exploitation of her own kids, but Joy doesn’t seem to think much. She’s been driving around without seatbelts and traveling cross country during a pandemic while heavily pregnant as well 🥲🤦‍♀️. Not to mention keeping loaded guns sitting out around young kids. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1

I hope those shoes are comfortable because they surely don't have style going for them.  They aren't even up to my grocery shopping standards because they're backless.  I don't trust other shoppers not to push their carts into me.  I guess all Jeremy had to see was pricey "Christian" shoes to convince Jinger to wear them.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

I hope those shoes are comfortable because they surely don't have style going for them.  They aren't even up to my grocery shopping standards because they're backless.  I don't trust other shoppers not to push their carts into me.  I guess all Jeremy had to see was pricey "Christian" shoes to convince Jinger to wear them.  

I think Jinger has average size feet but those shoes look huge.  My 12N feet would look like gunboats!

• LOL 12
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6F948073-1642-4AAE-86B7-B88873138C90.jpeg

I like her hair like this. As soon as I went off to college I stopped straightening my hair, I didn’t want to live my life afraid of moisture!🤣

It looks pretty in some of the straight styles she does too, but she looks happy and relaxed. 

• Like 11
On 2/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, Stevie Nicks said:

So after letting Google lens do some work, those ugly ass shoes are made by a company called "Fear of God" and they're called the "California slip on" and retail for $145.00-$190.00.

https://www.nicekicks.com/fear-of-god-the-california-slip-on-release-date/

On 2/21/2023 at 12:44 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Christian footwear? FFS. 🙄

Nope. They don't promote as Christian. They're about "American Luxury." Screenshot of their Insta page: 

fearofgod.thumb.jpg.a0db1fb840aa91fa49f37fd03e1f7125.jpg

I scrolled through a few of the posts there. No preaching, just announcements of "the second coming" of a style of their shoes, etc. For all I know they're fervent Christians but keeping it on the downlow in their biz? But on the face of it, they're exactly in tune with what Jer and Jinger worship: American luxury. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Nope. They don't promote as Christian. They're about "American Luxury." Screenshot of their Insta page: 

fearofgod.thumb.jpg.a0db1fb840aa91fa49f37fd03e1f7125.jpg

I scrolled through a few of the posts there. No preaching, just announcements of "the second coming" of a style of their shoes, etc. For all I know they're fervent Christians but keeping it on the downlow in their biz? But on the face of it, they're exactly in tune with what Jer and Jinger worship: American luxury. 

They use Christian terms with no substance behind them in order to sell to "Christian" status seekers.  Not that I'd support it, but I think it would be preferable if they did some "preaching."

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Jing posted another pic of her wearing ugly shoes. Standing in the snow. I can't share a picture for some reason. 

She used this for a paid partnership post for CHM.

4890ABC2-0A61-4BDA-8B73-5894D078892E.jpeg

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 10
1 minute ago, Turquoise said:

Is cutting the sleeves off a coat now a thing? 
I don't understand the vest or the color combo. I'm so unfashionable.

I doubt you’re unfashionable. Her outfit is just fugly imo. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

That reminds me of when I was in high school in the dark ages and down vests were the thing.  All the guys tried to look macho by wearing the down vest and s short sleeved tshirt even when it was freezing out.  Jinger's outfit may be fashionable, but fashionable is sometimes really ugly.  I lived through the 70s so I speak with authority.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 13

I'm not against the sleeveless jacket in general...but I don't like the way Jinger put the outfit together. She had a dark sleeveless jacket paired with a slightly lighter shirt underneath, and then a totally different color for pants. I think it is the jacket/shirt combo that is bothering me in particular. If it had been a light colored shirt to contrast with the color of the jacket it would have looked a lot better.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

That reminds me of when I was in high school in the dark ages and down vests were the thing.  All the guys tried to look macho by wearing the down vest and s short sleeved tshirt even when it was freezing out.  Jinger's outfit may be fashionable, but fashionable is sometimes really ugly.  I lived through the 70s so I speak with authority.

And trendy isn’t always synonymous with fashionable.

1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm not against the sleeveless jacket in general...but I don't like the way Jinger put the outfit together. She had a dark sleeveless jacket paired with a slightly lighter shirt underneath, and then a totally different color for pants. I think it is the jacket/shirt combo that is bothering me in particular. If it had been a light colored shirt to contrast with the color of the jacket it would have looked a lot better.

The whole ensemble just dwarfs her as well. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Looking at the Saks item, I don't like the combo of a long jacket with capri pants.

• Like 5

Jinger's pants look like they're super cheap and didn't wash well, the turtleneck looks Target-ish, the coat looks high end and the shoes aren't casual enough for the pants. Mixing styles and quality is no big faux pas when done right. Jinger didn't do it right.

Disclaimer - I dress for color and comfort, so I really shouldn't be judging anyone's attire.

• Like 12
13 minutes ago, zenme said:

Jinger is such a try-hard.  She will always be crispy, scrunched hair, and flip-flops to me.

She's given up the raccoon eye makeup, at least! 

These people seem very needy, judging by their social media posts.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
18 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I guess I'm old because, back in the day, we had sleeveless jackets, too, but we called them vests.

I'm really old because I remember a Dick Van Dyke episode where the Petries set up a blind date for a neighbor and the date had "invented" removable coat sleeves. If that storyline had been on Andy Griffith, Jing might be familiar with it! 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15