Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

With the exception of Austin all the SsIL seem to go to extremes with their hair.

Austin goes to extremes with his raggedy beard. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

With the exception of Austin all the SsIL seem to go to extremes with their hair.

I just wanted to appreciate your correct capitalization in your initialism WRT the plural (SsIL). Why yes, I did spend some time as both a copyeditor and a tech editor early in my career.

Jinger and Jer are both such try-hards. I'm glad for her that she has broken away from IBLP but sad that she fell into MacArthur's cult.

• Like 14
  • Sad 2
12 hours ago, LilJen said:

short on the sides and long on top is NOT a look for Jeremy. Just makes his face look super round.

Remember when he first came on the scene and seemed so different, what with being educated and standing up to JB? Sigh. . . Just as much a tool as the rest of them.

I spotted his weak chin in some photos way back then and noticed that he was usually careful about the angles when in front of a camera. He still usually is. At least the Duggars seem to have photogenic (and telegenic) genetics working for them. The Duggar sons have tendencies to go pasty and blobby in adulthood, but I think some of that is just living a soft lazy lifestyle. Generally, the male and female Duggarlings have been blessed by the Lord Daniel with pretty decent faces for TV. Jeremy, not so much. 

• Like 9

I've always had a bad feeling that JereME is the most likely of the in-laws to try to exchange his wife for a younger model. 

Oops! This makes less sense since the above comment was delated.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 6
6 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I've always had a bad feeling that JereME is the most likely of the in-laws to try to exchange his wife for a younger model. 

I don't know about younger, but I always thought Jeremy would grow frustrated with his uneducated wife. Also, I don't think he married her because he was in love with her, but because she was a meek malleable girl he could shape into what he wanted. I could see him meeting and falling in love with another woman and leaving Jinger.

• Like 14

My money's on JereME to be the one most likely to cheat.  I remember when they were interviewed by Audrey and Jeremy Roloff, JereME went on at length about how he comes to Jinger to help him pray to stay faithful to her because he is so tempted all the time by other women who he thinks want to sleep with him.  I suspect saying hello to him is enough to make him believe that.  I just found that whole thing so offensive and horrible for Jinger to have to deal with regularly.  Even someone with strong self esteem would eventually be impacted by that.

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 4
3 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

My money's on JereME to be the one most likely to cheat.  I remember when they were interviewed by Audrey and Jeremy Roloff, JereME went on at length about how he comes to Jinger to help him pray to stay faithful to her because he is so tempted all the time by other women who he thinks want to sleep with him.  I suspect saying hello to him is enough to make him believe that.  I just found that whole thing so offensive and horrible for Jinger to have to deal with regularly.  Even someone with strong self esteem would eventually be impacted by that.

Didn't he also only use Instagram on her phone as an accountability thing? 

Between stuff like that and his being a complete shit to her during Would You Rather, I've always thought Jeremy would be absolutely awful to be married to. I always thought him pursuing her was predatory, TBH. Probably because he knew the women he met in college or during his professional sports career wouldn't tolerate his bullshit. 

• Like 17
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don't know about younger, but I always thought Jeremy would grow frustrated with his uneducated wife. Also, I don't think he married her because he was in love with her, but because she was a meek malleable girl he could shape into what he wanted. I could see him meeting and falling in love with another woman and leaving Jinger.

I thought he might have before done that before he fell in with MacArthur, but it seems like uneducated women are a okay in those circles. JereMe's rad homie shallowness make me doubt he'll stick around if he thinks there's someone who will make him look more impressive. 

• Like 11

I don't know if he'd cheat on her -- cheating would require him finding a willing partner. Where would he meet such a person, and what would he have to offer?

He runs in all-male circles. There are no women in the MacArthur seminary or in his Bible-study group, etc. He's not particularly good looking, and he's not particularly charming or agreeable. He doesn't present as someone who shows interest in the things women have to say, or the ideas they might share. He has no financial resources, and I could be very wrong, but I think his plan to coast along in MacArthur's shadow indefinitely isn't really a long-term strategy for a successful career.

Jinger's still young, thin, and attractive. I'm sure he gets positive feedback from other men about how attractive she is (that's all that matters, right?).

• Like 9
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't know if he'd cheat on her -- cheating would require him finding a willing partner. Where would he meet such a person, and what would he have to offer?

Being a white man with a pulse means a lot in certain social circles.

Any Joe or Jane Schmoe can find a wiling partner unless they are physically separated from society (like a hospital or prison). I have known people with far less to offer than Jeremy able to find a side piece- water seeks its own level. 

Likely it would be a woman in their social group, Jeremy is too lazy to get on an app or find someone outside of his circle to make sure it didnt come back to bite him in the buttocks. 

8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Jinger's still young, thin, and attractive. I'm sure he gets positive feedback from other men about how attractive she is (that's all that matters, right?).

Jinger is very pretty. I think Jeremy would agree. But that wouldn’t stop him from cheating if he was inclined. I find most people cheat because they want to- it’s not about how desirable their partner is or how happy they are in the relationship. Most people who cheat on their spouses have no intention of leaving, it’s about the conquest/sexual variety, not because their partner is “failing” in some way. 

• Like 24

I think his new hairdo takes care of the whole “cheating” problem or need for prayers.

It’s extra strength “Chick Repellant!!!”

On 8/6/2023 at 8:39 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Jinger is very pretty. I think Jeremy would agree. But that wouldn’t stop him from cheating if he was inclined. I find most people cheat because they want to- it’s not about how desirable their partner is or how happy they are in the relationship. Most people who cheat on their spouses have no intention of leaving, it’s about the conquest/sexual variety, not because their partner is “failing” in some way. 

Chris Rock said “Men are only as faithful as their options”

• Like 17
  • LOL 1

Next thing we know, JereME will be tooling around SoCal in a snazzy overpriced convertible, with a hat on to hide his baldness, and he'll think he's a real "chick magnet."  

I see men like the above on my walks around the neighborhood.  I can't help but laugh to myself, at how great they think they are.  😜

• Like 1
  • LOL 20

Felicity turned 5 this summer. I wonder if J&J will discuss her education. And Evie Jo turns 3 in a couple of months, which has me wondering if there will be a 3rd baby for the Vuolos in the near future - or ever.

• Like 4

Jinger and Jeremy's latest video starts with Jinger's first golf lesson and then Jinger and Jeremy playing a round of golf with another couple.  Jinger and Jeremy have got their own golf cart--no walking. 

Side note:  Apparently they've seen The Office as they discussed a scene that was filmed at the golf course.  I always like to hear that a Duggar is watching regular TV shows, etc.

• Like 7

Jeremy's college courses remind me of a local college that used the same actress as a student for over a decade. We used to joke that it really doesn't say much for the college or her if she's still going a decade later. Jeremy's college years is about the same thing. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 7
  • LOL 10

Here's a video of Mayim Bialik interviewing Jinger.  I haven't watched it yet, but Pickles gives a recap on her FB page.  One thing I thought was interesting is that Jinger is a big fan of Seinfeld.  (I wonder if she's seen "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld--that definitely flies in the face of fundyism. 😄)

ETA:  I just watched a bit of it.  Mayim Bialik is so annoying with her hand gestures and laughing at her own jokes.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
4 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Here's a video of Miaym Bialik interviewing Jinger.  I haven't watched it yet, but Pickles gives a recap on her FB page.  One thing I thought was interesting is that Jinger is a big fan of Seinfeld.  (I wonder if she's seen "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld--that definitely flies in the face of fundyism. 😄)

No way she gets most of the humor in Seinfeld. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I wonder what Jeremy would think about the Seinfeld masturbation episode. Or what Jinger would think about the episode where Eileen searches high and low for contraceptive sponges that are being discontinued.

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
16 hours ago, AstridM said:

No way she gets most of the humor in Seinfeld. 

I was a (very innocent) tween during the heyday of Seinfeld, and I still enjoyed it/ found it funny even though I'm sure a lot of stuff went over my head.

Jinger is 29 years old and has access to the internet and a "worldly" husband. If she's confused, she can figure things out. It must be a rather interesting cultural education for her. I wish all the Duggar kids would educate themselves in so many ways, but I guess Seinfeld and The Office are baby steps...

• Like 12
59 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I was a (very innocent) tween during the heyday of Seinfeld, and I still enjoyed it/ found it funny even though I'm sure a lot of stuff went over my head.

Jinger is 29 years old and has access to the internet and a "worldly" husband. If she's confused, she can figure things out. It must be a rather interesting cultural education for her. I wish all the Duggar kids would educate themselves in so many ways, but I guess Seinfeld and The Office are baby steps...

Yea, and they've been in CA for 4 years now. I'm sure Jinger has had many in vivo worldly lessons - whether she wanted them or not.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder what Jeremy would think about the Seinfeld masturbation episode.

5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

"Master of my domain"

That's what I was referring to when I said upthread, "I wonder if she's seen "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld."

"The Contest" is the name of the infamous episode.  😄 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

I was impressed how articulate Jinger was. No ums or ahs. She was honest about being sheltered and not up on somethings but it appears she is trying to learn. I found the interview interesting. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 5
2 hours ago, jacourt said:

I was impressed how articulate Jinger was. No ums or ahs. She was honest about being sheltered and not up on somethings but it appears she is trying to learn. I found the interview interesting. 

Maybe Pastor Rad Homie has a tutor working with Jinger on the DL. JK

• LOL 5
7 minutes ago, SMama said:

Maybe Pastor Rad Homie has a tutor working with Jinger on the DL. JK

She did quite a few interviews on her book tour. It stands to reason that she would improve her skills, especially when asked the same questions over and over. 

I did see a clip of Mayim saying there was something like religious OCD. She asked Jinger if she thinks she had it while a part of the IBLP, and Jinger answered in the affirmative. Found that interesting.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Its not hunger! Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6
22 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

That's what I was referring to when I said upthread, "I wonder if she's seen "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld."

"The Contest" is the name of the infamous episode.  😄 

Do we think Jinger had the same response to it that a friend from college had? A bunch of friends did the contest, and when one guy won everyone kept congratulating him, and this innocent girl at the table in the cafeteria asked if he'd won a contest, and he proudly declared "I didn't jack off for 22 days!" 

I am now imagining that exact conversation but with Jinger's face. It's making my terrible day much better. 

• LOL 20
18 hours ago, jacourt said:

I thought it was good.  Mayim is a thoughtful interviewer, and I like how she immediately established their common biblical connection through the Old Testament.  That gave a lot of context to the conversation.  

I also liked when Jinger dragged the obnoxious "followers" who constantly demand to see her kids faces, along with those who speculated Evangeline had a birth defect because they decided against showing facial shots. Mayim mentioned people said the same about her kids & agreed those folks are nuts.

It was a nice, relaxed exchange & Jinger came across more intelligent than most people give her credit for.  

No way Jill could do an interview like that.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

It was a nice, relaxed exchange & Jinger came across more intelligent than most people give her credit for.  

No way Jill could do an interview like that.  

I think Jinger has been exposed to more worldly things in the last 3-4 years, these include people, restaurants, TV shows.... that it shows. Jill, while making friends, still seems not as worldly. It doesn't make her stupid, it is just where she is at right now. Jinger has the "polish", Jill doesn't. 

• Like 24