Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Better yet, no boots.  A cute pair of pumps or sandals would've looked better, especially for a wedding, IMO.

Ankle boots with a dress kind of stumpify the legs, IMO.

Especially when you’re short like Jinger. 

• Like 9
13 hours ago, Suzn said:

It looks like he has gained a significant amount of weight.  The lean athletic body is gone.

All those gourmet burgers and pizza will do that.  When he was playing soccer or doing other athletic activities, he could get away with eating like that.

I don't like ankle boots with dresses on anyone.  As was said above, they cut off your legs and make them look stumpy.  A nice pair of black pumps or red for a pop of color would have been better.

• Like 15
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jinger made a new video about Jill's book. I can't watch it until later. Can someone with a few free minutes take one for the team? 

In a way it can be considered click bait. She mentions Jill’s book. They filmed their trip to New York. That’s about it really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 6

She was talking to Jill on the phone. I think Jill was talking about the publicity and was telling her she told them (I assume her publishers team) they would be interested in going to LA (for interviews).  But, yes, it was mostly about Vs in NYC.  I wonder who does their vlogs as they are pretty well done with visuals and music. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I wonder if the kids will play little kid's soccer.  My nephew's kid was playing when he was four.  (But he was playing with the under tens when he was four, so maybe not a good comparison.) But I do know that there are beginning soccer programs for four-year-olds, and a lot of little girls are out on the field.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Tasya said:

It looks like they've been playing, hair will get mussed. Jeremy clearly loves and is actively involved with his daughters. 

Playing in frilly pink dresses? 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

This is from the Jill thread where there's a discussion comparing Jill and Jinger's journeys, and each of the husbands was brought up. 

I feel that Jeremy is very much NOT loving and supportive toward Jinger. We've seen him repeatedly talk down to her, invalidate her opinions on the most inane stuff, act put-out when asked to get a glass of water for his pregnant wife, insinuates to Jinger that he's tempted to cheat, and he doesn't even really work a true job to financially support her and the girls. She's been molded into what he wants because he doesn't value the person she is except the fact she's meek and will follow him. All of this, in addition to the shortcomings the original poster acknowledged, leads me to conclude he does not love nor support her. 

That was me. I'll admit, I was being generous in my original assessment, because I do feel that a lot of the players in this drama have some good points combined with a ton of sexism, intolerance and general jerkitude.. To be more brutally honest, I think Jeremy sees himself as a Henry Higgins and loves the photogenic, inoffensive book writing wife he thinks he created. I suspect that Jeremy could be a total arsehole if Jinger ever starts trying to find her own way outside of Stepford and I have a sneaky suspicion (with the tempted to cheat nonsense) that there could be trouble a brewing' when Jinger's not quite so photogenic. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

Can someone explain where this "Jeremy expressed he's tempted to cheat" thing comes from? Was it on an episode, or in the book? What did he say? 

IIRC, he wrote about it in their book. He said that his social media is on Jinger's phone to keep him accountable. Not sure I believe that, but that's his claim.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, satrunrose said:

That was me. I'll admit, I was being generous in my original assessment, because I do feel that a lot of the players in this drama have some good points combined with a ton of sexism, intolerance and general jerkitude.. To be more brutally honest, I think Jeremy sees himself as a Henry Higgins and loves the photogenic, inoffensive book writing wife he thinks he created. I suspect that Jeremy could be a total arsehole if Jinger ever starts trying to find her own way outside of Stepford and I have a sneaky suspicion (with the tempted to cheat nonsense) that there could be trouble a brewing' when Jinger's not quite so photogenic. 

To be honest, I probably give Derick more credit than he deserves. I really detest Jeremy so much and am quite hard on him because I have seen this exact dynamic happen to one of my female cousins and my sister-in-law. Both are meek followers in Christian marriages, and their personalities and interests now mirror their husbands' even though that wasn't the case before they met the men.

My cousin and her husband hit a rough patch about three or four years into their marriage because she finally started speaking up and standing up for herself; prior to that, her husband viewed their marriage as wonderful.

My sister-in-law's transformation is exactly like Jinger's: she's colored her hair blond, wears expensive clothes and handbags, has a smug attitude, works at her husband's company when she had a good job elsewhere before they met, and doesn't appear to do anything without him ever. It makes me both sad and angry to see this happen to women that I know and care about. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 14

Its funny, I see some of Jeremy's behaviors as trying to outshine his wife more than teaching an isolated and uneducated meek wife. There were more than a few times on the show when Jinger tongue-in-cheek clapped back at Jeremy's lack of experience. Kind of a mutual FU internet from her and Jeremy. Still doesn't excuse Jeremy's shitty behavior, but I think Jinger holds her own.

What I don't get is Jinger being thought of as smug. She may live a more LA life than her siblings, but she does live in LA. If she was dressing and dining like she does now in AR, I might think its smug, but other than that I see her posts much like Jill's and her other siblings.

And with the exception of Jessa, I think all the married sisters have leaned into their husbands' 'cultures'. They knew nothing other than the Duggar way, so it makes sense they would follow their leads.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

It seems like every pic they post, someone says she looks smug. Maybe that’s just her face?

To me, Jinger looks the same now as she did when she was a kid.  I agree, it is her face.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

Jinger is “known” for making faces. These are pictures from an article about that. I think it was because it was one of a very few ways she was “allowed” to express herself. 🤷🏼‍♀️

C25DECFB-49B5-44FE-81C5-5E2BDADD0644.jpeg

E77C3738-9D62-41B8-B234-E6FEE4368DB1.jpeg

E38D8ACF-1D27-4D9A-B6D7-E99CD32205D4.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7

The similarities between Jill and Jinger are kind of remarkable. Wearing pants, expressive faces, using birth control, cutting their hair, going blonde, finding their style and writing books. 

Jill went through a period of time when she alternated between the open mouth gape and the closed mouth 'smug'. As others have noted, and the hilarious pics @ginger90 posted, Jinger has been making faces for so long followers wanted her freed.

What is surprising but not surprising is Jessa, the queen of the sisters, has been left in the dust with uncut brown stringy hair, wearing the same stretchy skirts and dresses while pushing out baby after baby.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 19

Jinger had an expressive face (she always has), and although she has a small face she has larger features so it’s easy for her to be expressive. 

As far and Jeremy and Jinger’s relationship- in my opinion, he’s probably kind to her and they have fun together. It’s clear they were sexually attracted to each other from their courtship (which is a plus for her, so she isn’t repulsed by having to perform her wifely duties); but Jeremy doesn’t see her as an equal, and if she ever didn’t fulfill what he thought the job of a wife was he would not bend to what she might need. 

Im not saying if she became ill or something he would leave her without care(I don’t think he’s intentionally cruel to her) but he would be resentful that he had to hire the caregiver and didn’t have “company” any more- that would be his first thought, not for HER and her illness. 

Likely they will remain happy together so long as Jinger maintains the status quo. 

• Like 19
  • Sad 3
11 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jinger had an expressive face (she always has), and although she has a small face she has larger features so it’s easy for her to be expressive. 

As far and Jeremy and Jinger’s relationship- in my opinion, he’s probably kind to her and they have fun together. It’s clear they were sexually attracted to each other from their courtship (which is a plus for her, so she isn’t repulsed by having to perform her wifely duties); but Jeremy doesn’t see her as an equal, and if she ever didn’t fulfill what he thought the job of a wife was he would not bend to what she might need. 

Im not saying if she became ill or something he would leave her without care(I don’t think he’s intentionally cruel to her) but he would be resentful that he had to hire the caregiver and didn’t have “company” any more- that would be his first thought, not for HER and her illness. 

Likely they will remain happy together so long as Jinger maintains the status quo. 

I think Jinger likes the "status quo". I think she likes the dinners out, fancy coffee, the nice clothes, the activity of living in a big city (she did say she wanted to live in one). I can't see her stuck in the middle of nowhere or at TTH compound drinking Folger's. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 15
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I think Jinger likes the "status quo". I think she likes the dinners out, fancy coffee, the nice clothes, the activity of living in a big city (she did say she wanted to live in one). I can't see her stuck in the middle of nowhere or at TTH compound drinking Folger's. 

I think she likes it too. Jeremy is providing her the lifestyle that she wants (good for her!) and they enjoy each other. 

I was speaking of the “hardships” of life. Jeremy is not the guy I would want in my corner if I had a stroke given how he whined about getting me a glass of water after I gave birth. 

• Like 18
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think she likes it too. Jeremy is providing her the lifestyle that she wants (good for her!) and they enjoy each other. 

I was speaking of the “hardships” of life. Jeremy is not the guy I would want in my corner if I had a stroke given how he whined about getting me a glass of water after I gave birth. 

Totally understand. I can't see him doing so. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jeremy is not the guy I would want in my corner if I had a stroke given how he whined about getting me a glass of water after I gave birth. 

I think he's grown up quite a bit since then.  Jinger probably spoiled him before having children and he had quite an adjustment to make.

Seeing them in person it's obvious he adores Jinger and the daughters and is very proud of Jinger.  

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Its so crazy to look at J&J in fall weather clothes in LA when we've barely had a fall like day yet in my area of New England.

We just had a week maybe of rain and cool weather although it's over and a Santa Ana started yesterday.  It was quite the sight seeing dust clouds blowing down the street as the Santa Ana winds cleaned out the trees.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think he's grown up quite a bit since then.  Jinger probably spoiled him before having children and he had quite an adjustment to make.

Seeing them in person it's obvious he adores Jinger and the daughters and is very proud of Jinger.  

We just had a week maybe of rain and cool weather although it's over and a Santa Ana started yesterday.  It was quite the sight seeing dust clouds blowing down the street as the Santa Ana winds cleaned out the trees.

Yup, it got HOT (and windy) yesterday. I think it's our hottest weather of the entire summer. We're supposed to be in the low 90s for the next few days. 

But I get the clothes J&J wore. It was CHILLY here for a while.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I wish Jinger's headship would approve her going with her natural curls. I suspect he prefers straightened, highlighted hair on his meek helpmeet. 

This was a month ago. I doubt Jeremy gives Jinger's hair much thought.

image.png.932fd4ce82234882d9a26f11b1781a65.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 3