Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Making sure they know, from the very start, that their job will be housecleaning. 

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Ivy will be just like mommy pile dirty diapers on a dresser and dust before Xmas.

Oh, no. Per the Michelle Duggar system, it's the daughters who have the "jurisdiction" for housecleaning. Not Mom. So Jessa's just carrying that out. She's the mom. She gets to sit around being the Queen Bee and procreating. While her minions take care of the house. Of course, Jessa's short on minions right now, but give it time. She has a girl now so she's on the right path.

As soon as Ivy's little hands can clutch a Swiffer she'll be assigned such "jurisdictions" as her mother thinks fit. Knowing Jessa's antipathy for housecleaning, I suppose it will be that. 

Edited to add: Sorry, I didn't realize till now that this was in the Jinger/Jeremy thread.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 1

Grace Community is evangelical not fundie.  They are shoulder baring, pants wearing, working women hussies.  Although Jeremy stood out in that get up.  Plain suits or sports shirts are the order of the day.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I have a friend from Oxnard. I’ have to ask her to keep a lookout for Rev. Furkle and his props family. 

Possibly a lost cause.  I don't think they are going to live that far from the church and seminary.  Although the family used Art's deli (one place the Vuolos stopped to eat) to cater the reception after my daughter's FIL's funeral.  Studio City is only 10ish miles from Sun Valley.  They've moved into an area that I frequent.  ::sobs quietly::  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Grace Community is evangelical not fundie.  They are shoulder baring, pants wearing, working women hussies.  Although Jeremy stood out in that get up.  Plain suits or sports shirts are the order of the day.

That houndstooth blazer and bowtie is so pretentious  and makes him look like a try-hard.  Has no one ever told Jeremy about summer suits like linen or seersucker?  The houndstooth is for the fall to alternate with a tweed.  I know he looks at different fashion accounts on Instagram,  he should know this by now. 

• Love 15
30 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That houndstooth blazer and bowtie is so pretentious  and makes him look like a try-hard.  Has no one ever told Jeremy about summer suits like linen or seersucker?  The houndstooth is for the fall to alternate with a tweed.  I know he looks at different fashion accounts on Instagram,  he should know this by now. 

I would think he'd be sweaty as hell in that houndstooth in Southern California in late June.

It's also a particularly fetching look when combined with the clown lips and stubble that this photo features. It's what-the-heck style and what-the-heck photography, if you ask me. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I haven't seen a seersucker suit in years.  Brings back so many fond memories of living near Annapolis in the 80s and 90s, when MD, DC and VA were still very much part of the South.  My husband did have a seersucker suit and loved it.

As for Jer, I doubt he would understand the genteel,  rumpled part of that look. He would press the suit to death.

He is such a tool.  I wonder how many times he is going to take his little one to class?

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I haven't seen a seersucker suit in years.  Brings back so many fond memories of living near Annapolis in the 80s and 90s, when MD, DC and VA were still very much part of the South.  My husband did have a seersucker suit and loved it.

As for Jer, I doubt he would understand the genteel,  rumpled part of that look. He would press the suit to death.

He is such a tool.  I wonder how many times he is going to take his little one to class?

I live in the south and I think all men who pass the NC bar are gifted a seersucker suit.  It's a staple in the courtrooms and churches from May until September. It's also a great fabric.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I live in the south and I think all men who pass the NC bar are gifted a seersucker suit.  It's a staple in the courtrooms and churches from May until September. It's also a great fabric.

I worked in law offices in both Annapolis and DC and I suspect you are correct!

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I would think he'd be sweaty as hell in that houndstooth in Southern California in late June.

Definitely doesn't fit.  It's mid to high 80s in the valley today.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

Did y'all see the comment on his post giving him advice to ditch the fancy duds?  I wonder if he will take heed.

Nah, how else can we tell he's super duper important without his pretentious wardrobe.

• Love 22

I think this comment struck a nerve because he rarely comments back. She basically called him a pretentious poser.

I often see guys dressed like Jeremy and they look douchey. The difference is that those guys go to work in those outfits and can afford to dress like that. 

Screenshot_20190630-165249_Instagram.thumb.jpg.7a240e69e33cb98fbad8a9f85b0f2ac2.jpgScreenshot_20190630-165302_Instagram.thumb.jpg.35cc6f68789d1df1a4fca5f8a3ebe35d.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So I was right. Sucking up to GCC brass.

Jer's dial seems to be set at suck-up most of the time.

That works for some people. And others wind up with multiple kicks in the teeth. 

Time will tell, I guess. Not sure how much he'll have to offer other than the fawning, so I guess it depends on how many of these guys are in dire need of fawning. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sadly, I don’t think Jinger gets to eat many fries of any kind.

She probably gets a few from his order! And a bite from his burger before announcing I’m too full baaaabe.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/29/2019 at 8:11 PM, MichaelaRae said:

Oxnard? I JUST found out my brother and his family are moving there - if that's where the Duggalos are ending up, I'm SO going to be keeping my eyeballs peeled when I go visit them there. 😉

Wait what?  They are moving to Oxnard?  There are some dicey places in the city they need to avoid.  I am about 30 minutes north in SB.   Oxnard has a strawberry festival that is really good and they are only about 20 min south of Carpinteria which has a great avocado festival.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Every time I read Oxnard, I think of Big Bang Theory...”I have to move in with my daughter in Oxnard!!! And we’re not talking Oxnard at the beach, we’re talking Oxnard at the onion fields!!!”

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Every time I read Oxnard, I think of Big Bang Theory...”I have to move in with my daughter in Oxnard!!! And we’re not talking Oxnard at the beach, we’re talking Oxnard at the onion fields!!!”

Love, love, love TBBT.  Was it Lewis Black that said that?  

I envy them living in SoCal, but just the cost alone is too much for me to consider moving.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

It makes me think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

• Love 2

At least Jeremy is not on Jim Bobs payroll/begging for $. Jim Bob doesn’t control him like most of his kids. 

I don’t like Jeremy but at least he is trying to get employment and support his family.  

• Love 5