Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

My first thought as well.

The caption is odd. Jinger and Joy aren't particularly close so I find it hard to believe Jeremy and Austin have spent enough time together to develop an Instagram-worthy bromance. It seems so random.

we’ve learned that Austin had a rebellious period and it sounds like he was drinking and smoking - maybe JereME relates to that

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I have the same question.

Where is the blonde hair????  

Maybe they screwed with the timeline?  That's so Duggar! 

Especially if they screwed with the timeline for maxium thunder-stealing. (To upstage Jessa's baby and Jill's marriage/sex advice.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Does Cade know about this?!?! I think he'd be crushed to know Jeremy's got an alleged bromance going on with someone else too. 😉

No Jerkeme started a new trend Bro-hubs.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Maybe they did mess with the timeline. In her blonde picture, she did not look pregnant. And now she seems much bigger. Hmmm.

She didn’t look at all pregnant in the earlier pic she posted of her and Jeremy with Michelle and Jim Bob and that photo was taken in Arkansas so it must be recent. Her hair is also still blond in that photo. If you look closely at the original hair pic you can see that her roots are still pretty dark. If she pulls her hair back like she did at the funeral the blond wouldn’t be obvious from the front. 

• Love 4

So I went back and looked closely at the blonde photos and that could have heen a wig. Her hair normally lies very flat at the top of her head and she has a very high forehead...in those photos her “hair” was higher and lower, respectively,

It would be pretty amusing if Jessa’s baby and Jill’s sex advice were upstaged by a fake-out.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

She called it balayage, although it looked more like all-over highlights, but if it was true balayage, it wouldn't be framing her face very much. I don't think her putting it in a ponytail one day while at her family's home in sticky, hot Arkansas means that she's "hiding" anything. What's weird is that she and her sisters wear their hair down so much. The backs of their necks must be very strong and very sweaty.

That said, if there was a lot of bleaching done, it could easily account for the apparent change in "height." When hair gets dried out (such as by bleach) it can get stiffer and appear thicker due to the hair shaft being all jacked up. It's not the same kind of body you'd get just from having full, healthy hair, but you do get some of the fluff. Think of Tori Spelling/Donna Martin's hair on the first few seasons of 90210. It was big, but in a kind of geometric helmet way.

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

In the initial blonde picture, Jinger is skinny as a rail, but in the most recent pictures she's much more rounded. I think she got the blonde done earlier than her original post and waited on revealing it for maximum exposure. 

I imagine her roots were starting to get out of control and she had it re-colored in Arkansas before the funeral. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

My guess is that she didn’t like it as much as she had hoped she would and quickly went back to get it toned down to whatever lighter brown with a goldish tint she’s got going on now.

If it does turn out that she is pregnant, as has been speculated, I would think that maybe she just found out, and it was a complete surprise as they had been using whatever precautions seem to have worked in their first year of marriage. But God evidently had other plans this time around...

At any rate, it may well be that she bleached her hair before finding out then some combination of not liking it as much as she anticipated and realizing how much upkeep it was going to take kicked in and she decided to call the experiment a loss

• Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And one hand in his pocket. Why?

The other one is giving a high five? Flicking a cigarette? Giving a peace sign? Playing a piano? Hailing a taxi cab?

Couldn't resist, the song immediately came to my mind

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • LOL 13
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

My guess is that she didn’t like it as much as she had hoped she would and quickly went back to get it toned down to whatever lighter brown with a goldish tint she’s got going on now.

My guess is photoshop, made herself thinner and blonder. It's all I can think of.

Trying to fool us??

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Lunera said:

He's worse than Jill

Agreed! Ostensibly, Jill is way more of a trainwreck, but I really do think she's just clueless and ignorant. (Not that it is an excuse or that I think she's going to improve, more just an explanation.)

Jeremy pisses me off the most because I am pretty sure he knows better, more so than anyone else who was Duggar-adjacent, and he is just such a shamelessly pretentious fame whore. I bet he is exhausting to deal with in person. 

• Love 19

I'm looking forward to his arrival in Sun Valley and entering classes at TMS.  I want to see if he maintains his arrogance or realizes he's mid-range of the pack at best.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I'm looking forward to his arrival in Sun Valley and entering classes at TMS.  I want to see if he maintains his arrogance or realizes he's mid-range of the pack at best.

I'm curious about this too. One of my first realizations in grad school was that being the valedictorian of a small college as an undergraduate didn't mean jack shit in grad school. I learned pretty quickly to keep my mouth shut and learn from the competent folks who were ahead of me in the program. But there were a lot of my classmates who visibly struggled with no longer being top of the class. 

I think Jeremy is in for a very rude awakening, though I am not sure he is capable of admitting it. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

“But enough about me. What did you think about my sermon? Great, hunh? Did I show you my pocket square? Books! I have lots of them! Notice my shoes? Sometimes I wear socks that match my faux flower boutonnière. Sometimes  I contrast...I’m a trendsetter that way. Cute baby pictures! See, in this one she looks like me. In this one she looks even more like me. Or maybe it’s this one...which one do you think makes her look more like me...wait, where are you going? Masturbation! Did I tell you that’s bad?”

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm curious about this too. One of my first realizations in grad school was that being the valedictorian of a small college as an undergraduate didn't mean jack shit in grad school. I learned pretty quickly to keep my mouth shut and learn from the competent folks who were ahead of me in the program. But there were a lot of my classmates who visibly struggled with no longer being top of the class. 

I think Jeremy is in for a very rude awakening, though I am not sure he is capable of admitting it. 

Ha! Grad school smacks everyone but the most genius of geniuses in the ass!!! I always try to warn my cousins that undergrad gives you some foundation to work from, but it doesn’t prepare you for that part.   I highly doubt JereMe is prepared for what lies ahead.  No one is going to bow to the neophyte, and many of the old heads don’t relinquish power without a fight.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Zella said:

This was me too! I remember a few embarrassingly bad comments I made in class, thinking everyone would find them brilliant, before I learned how different the standards were, and started keeping my mouth shut lol. 

I really hope they aren't pregnant again! Jinger is so young, and I doubt Reverend Fancy Pants will want very many children; 2-3 at the most. So let's say Jinger, in her mid-twenties, has #2, and Jeremy decrees that's it. What was her entire upbringing for, then? It's sad, but I could see her feeling like she has no purpose in life in that case, since she was explicitly told her whole life she is supposed to constantly breed. She'll have Michelle on her back for 15 years, asking why she hasn't had #3 yet, and meek Jinger won't tell her to F off.

Being 30 and single has made me realize (in a good way) how long most people can have babies. Goooo Meghan Markle, having her first so easily at 37!!! But Jinger hasn't likely realized this yet, and I wonder how these girls who get started young and want to keep pumping them out will feel even at my age, not to mention 35 or 38! I think it would likely be easier on Jinger and Jeremy if they decided to have a gap of a certain number of years between the kids, if they are only going to have a limited number. Jinger is going to feel left out in ten years, when everyone else is still having blessings!

Plus, the timing is terrible, with the move to LA, and the fact that nobody is working. I personally would wait until seminary was over. Jinger will have to do 100% of the childcare, and Jeremy will need a quiet study environment, so it will be way easier with one. 

I know lots of people love having kids close in age, and lots of people are thrilled to have 1-2, even in their early twenties, and then call it quits. Many 30-year-olds would die at the though of having another baby! Those people aren't duggars, though. All her life, Jinger has been told that her worth depends on constantly having babies, and babies are celebrated more than anything else in her family. It's going to suck for her when everyone else is having babies well into their thirties, but she can't because reverend fancy pants said no to #3. Being 30 or 35 probably sounds really old to Jinger now, but I'd hate for her to feel worthless at that age because Jeremy says no more procreating. We have speculated about Jill's issues, and how crushed she might be if she can't have more, and that wasn't even voluntary, if true. Of course, she should be grateful for the two she has, but that's not the duggar way. 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

This was me too! I remember a few embarrassingly bad comments I made in class, thinking everyone would find them brilliant, before I learned how different the standards were, and started keeping my mouth shut lol. 

I really hope they aren't pregnant again! Jinger is so young, and I doubt Reverend Fancy Pants will want very many children; 2-3 at the most. So let's say Jinger, in her mid-twenties, has #2, and Jeremy decrees that's it. What was her entire upbringing for, then? It's sad, but I could see her feeling like she has no purpose in life in that case, since she was explicitly told her whole life she is supposed to constantly breed. She'll have Michelle on her back for 15 years, asking why she hasn't had #3 yet, and meek Jinger won't tell her to F off.

Being 30 and single has made me realize (in a good way) how long most people can have babies. Goooo Meghan Markle, having her first so easily at 37!!! But Jinger hasn't likely realized this yet, and I wonder how these girls who get started young and want to keep pumping them out will feel even at my age, not to mention 35 or 38! I think it would likely be easier on Jinger and Jeremy if they decided to have a gap of a certain number of years between the kids, if they are only going to have a limited number. Jinger is going to feel left out in ten years, when everyone else is still having blessings!

Plus, the timing is terrible, with the move to LA, and the fact that nobody is working. I personally would wait until seminary was over. Jinger will have to do 100% of the childcare, and Jeremy will need a quiet study environment, so it will be way easier with one. 

I know lots of people love having kids close in age, and lots of people are thrilled to have 1-2, even in their early twenties, and then call it quits. Many 30-year-olds would die at the though of having another baby! Those people aren't duggars, though. All her life, Jinger has been told that her worth depends on constantly having babies, and babies are celebrated more than anything else in her family. It's going to suck for her when everyone else is having babies well into their thirties, but she can't because reverend fancy pants said no to #3. Being 30 or 35 probably sounds really old to Jinger now, but I'd hate for her to feel worthless at that age because Jeremy says no more procreating. We have speculated about Jill's issues, and how crushed she might be if she can't have more, and that wasn't even voluntary, if true. Of course, she should be grateful for the two she has, but that's not the duggar way. 

You have a different perspective at 39, trust me.  If Jinger only has a couple kids, she might feel left out later as she gets into her thirties.  But she also might feel the same relief she probably felt the entire first year of marriage when her sisters were adjusting to the role of new wife and new mom simultaneously, and all she had to do was cook for two, gaze and Babe and turn her ass up to him every night.  Doesn’t sound like a bad place to be to me.  She will probably thank herself when she is older and so are her kids, while Jessa, Joy, Kendra, Lauren, and Anna are still getting up in the middle of the night, changing diapers and breastfeeding until their nipples turn to shoe leather.   Her home will be much nicer, cleaner and quieter, and she’ll have opportunities to do things they won’t like travel all over without a stroller and diaper bag in tow (according to my sister once you get past that phase mentally, you don’t want to go back). I’m also sure Jessa will try to make her feel about it while she secretly envies Jinger’s higher standard of living and less-strained marriage.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

You have a different perspective at 39, trust me.  If Jinger only has a couple kids, she might feel left out later as she gets into her thirties.  But she also might feel the same relief she probably felt the entire first year of marriage . . . She will probably thank herself when she is older and so are her kids, while Jessa, JoyKendra, Lauren, and Anna are still getting up in the middle of the night, changing diapers and breastfeeding until their nipples turn to shoe leather.   Her home will be much nicer, cleaner and quieter, and she’ll have opportunities to do things they won’t like travel all over without a stroller and diaper bag in tow (according to my sister once you get past that phase mentally, you don’t want to go back). I’m also sure Jessa will try to make her feel about it while she secretly envies Jinger’s higher standard of living and less-strained marriage.

Well said. She'd also be able to enjoy her time with her kids as they grow up, vs. being perpetually distracted by the demands of infants and toddlers. I realize JB and Michelle raised their kids in a super isolationist family-only environment. But even if Jeremy is against sending his kids to school, I can't imagine he would want to deny them the opportunity to play team sports. Which means some kind of organized league. I hope that if such a thing happens, Jinger would be able to sit in the stands and watch the kid(s) play without a passel of babies and tiny kids to tend to at the same time. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

It's sad, but I could see her feeling like she has no purpose in life in that case, since she was explicitly told her whole life she is supposed to constantly breed.

I'm not sure Jinger bought into that completely.  She seemed quite happy to wait a year to get pregnant and said she was going to enjoy Felicity for awhile.  How long remains to be seen, of course.  She also was the first Duggar daughter to plan to not have a huge baby if she could avoid it and voluntarily go to the hospital for an induction.  I can see her deliberately not trying for a huge family and being quite content.  They may stay in California and not have to endure a great deal of parental pressure.  

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Absolom said:

I’m pretty sure the arrogance is here to stay.  He’s a celebrity, don’t ya know?!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m pretty sure the arrogance is here to stay.  He’s a celebrity, don’t ya know?!

It's so incredibly tacky. Did Jinger and Jeremy plan beforehand to take a photo so he could post to Instagram? Nobody else has a phone out and the caption is specifically about him preaching which makes me think Jeremy wanted a money shot of him next to the coffin. I wonder how much longer they'll pimp their "grief" out for the masses?

• Love 12
On 6/20/2019 at 12:14 PM, Jeeves said:

Well said. She'd also be able to enjoy her time with her kids as they grow up, vs. being perpetually distracted by the demands of infants and toddlers. I realize JB and Michelle raised their kids in a super isolationist family-only environment. But even if Jeremy is against sending his kids to school, I can't imagine he would want to deny them the opportunity to play team sports. Which means some kind of organized league. I hope that if such a thing happens, Jinger would be able to sit in the stands and watch the kid(s) play without a passel of babies and tiny kids to tend to at the same time. 

Yeah there are upsides and downsides to having kids at any age, but I'm not going to try for any more kids after a year or two (I'm 34) because I want to enjoy my 60s while I'm hopefully in good health and getting ready to retire instead of worrying about having minors to raise.  If that means I only have the one I currently have, then so be it. 

I think that because we see so many celebrities having kids older (late 30s and 40s), it gives us a false rosy picture.  I don't think that having a kid in your late 30s is uncommon at all, but once you hit 40, the numbers tell a different story.  Celebrities have all the money at their disposal for various treatments that most of us don't.  Even still, if you look at the statistics of women who can successfully conceive- naturally or with IVF- over 40- they are relatively small.

Anyway, I'd rather have a few kids early like Jinger might and then enjoy my life rather than spend decades raising a small army!

• Love 18