Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I won't judge either.  At my dad's visitation, there were two relatives (from my dad's side) that came in just for the visitation.  We were laughing and remembering old times. Later I found out my mom's sister said: "she sure seemed to be having a good time with her father's family."  Guess what?   They are my family too! Looking at the Duggars:  usually, when there are kids around, a person can't help but smile even when mourning. 

I was at a visitation last week where I was laughing with a couple of family members as we reminisced about the good times. This is a family I have known for decades and have shared more than a few belly laughs.  It was what Nanny would have wanted,  but I know it shocked some of the more proper Southern folk who were also there.

• Love 9
(edited)

Most of the funerals and visitations I've been to have involved some random levity. I usually try to engage in it away from the family's immediate vicinity to avoid offending anyone by appearing insensitive, but even at my uncle's funeral and visitation earlier this year, some funny stuff happened. He had a great sense of humor and would have totally laughed his ass off about it, so I didnt feel bad for having a much-needed moment of levity.

And my family saw people we hadn't seen in 20-30 years. It was inevitable it would get social, though the circumstances were awful.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
Just now, Churchhoney said:

But for some reason, I feel differently about big pasted-on smile-for-the-camera grins when people who see each other pretty often happen to be going out to eat. 

Couldn't agree more. This isn't about a moment of much-needed levity breaking through sorrow ("Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion" - Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias). This is a bunch of famewhores showing off.

4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

No matter what anyone says, I remain of the opinion that Jim Bob doesn't give a crap about his kids as individuals (though of course he lurrrrrves the way they prove he has so many sperm that are great swimmers).

And he showed how he felt about his ailing father.

So where's the evidence he actually cared much about his mother?

I have always had the sense that he and Michelle always regarded his mother as live-in domestic help that they didn't have to pay. Every once in a while, they'd trot her out and pay lip service to what a wonderful Godly woman she was, but I doubt that she existed for them as a real person, any more than any of their children do.

• Love 20
(edited)
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree about the laughing. But for some reason, I feel differently about big pasted-on smile-for-the-camera grins when people who see each other pretty often happen to be going out to eat. 

I think it's probably because one of the pasted-on grins is JB's and another is M's. And I loathe those two with the fire of a thousand suns, especially the nonstop lying and hypocrisy they've engaged in for lo these many years. 

This was precisely my problem with the big wide grins.  This is not a spontaneous outburst of levity which is a normal and common reaction even in sad circumstances.  It's tone deaf, oblivious and I think inappropriate posing for the camera - the ever present tool for narcissists to express their highest value: Look at Me!

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 10

I don't have a problem with the way people choose to grieve but can JerMe chill with the Instagram pictures and enjoy private family time. Most of the girls have been quiet except for tribute pictures for Mary. We get it she's a cute baby and you like being a SM whore but this isn't the time. 

I never really like the lady but even I'm in shock after hearing all the details of her death. 

• Love 20
(edited)

Yeah I've given Mary's blood relatives a pass because, as we've discussed on here, everyone grieves differently, even when they're doing stuff I wouldn't do. But Jeremy doesn't get a pass--he's not a blood relative and has never lived in the area, so it's not like he would have really gotten close to her. It shouldn't kill him to lay off Instagram for a few days. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree about the laughing. But for some reason, I feel differently about big pasted-on smile-for-the-camera grins when people who see each other pretty often happen to be going out to eat. 

To me it would be different if the photo was of JB smiling AT little Felicity or another kind of candid moment that just "had" to be shared. But the posed nature of it just feels off. Especially since it's not like they're in front a good background or whatever. 

But then again, I'm pretty judgy normally and my last remaining grandparent went into hospice care today, so I'm pretty on edge today.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

To me it would be different if the photo was of JB smiling AT little Felicity or another kind of candid moment that just "had" to be shared. But the posed nature of it just feels off. Especially since it's not like they're in front a good background or whatever. 

But then again, I'm pretty judgy normally and my last remaining grandparent went into hospice care today, so I'm pretty on edge today.

I'm sorry about your grandparent. 😞

And as for that picture, he really could just sit on it for a few days and then share it. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Jer laying off IG is especially true since he claims not to have it downloaded on his phone. If he takes a picture, he'd have to text it to Jinger, then get on her phone to write a caption. So, grieving Jinger gets involved whether she wants to be or not. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jer laying off IG is especially true since he claims not to have it downloaded on his phone. If he takes a picture, he'd have to text it to Jinger, then get on her phone to write a caption. So, grieving Jinger gets involved whether she wants to be or not. 

He lied.

• Love 24

If you're into photography and want to show raw emotion, then show it!  I personally love pictures that show emotional depth.

Way back before cell phones, my husband snapped a picture of me, sitting on my mother's freshly dug grave, sobbing into my hands.  I don't think I would post it publicly but it is so raw and I do treasure that he captured my grief.

This Jim Bob picture is is kinda odd. Looks like Jim Bob was crying and then had to smile for the camera.   

I would not have posted this picture but since Mary just died, I can't say much.  

• Love 5

I think the beaming for the cameras is a little odd, too. I don't see why they can't save it for later, and post in about a week. They know people are going to judge them, so I would just take a step back if I were them. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

He lied.

Well, I did qualify my statement by saying that he CLAIMS not to have IG. 😁

3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I think the beaming for the cameras is a little odd, too. I don't see why they can't save it for later, and post in about a week. They know people are going to judge them, so I would just take a step back if I were them. 

The service isn't until Monday. Even the mighty Duggars couldn't book Cross Church this week.

• Love 6

That's a long time for people to put their lives on hold waiting for a memorial service.  They aren't even calling it a funeral but a celebration of life or something.  I prefer the service to be held in two or three days and then begin moving on.  

• Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That's a long time for people to put their lives on hold waiting for a memorial service.  They aren't even calling it a funeral but a celebration of life or something.  I prefer the service to be held in two or three days and then begin moving on.  

Agreed. They had JL's and Jubilee's services within three days. I get that the Duggars need the stadium church, but they've been there twice before with no problems. Couldn't they have gone to Fayetteville? 

Jana says she went to church with Mary on Sunday. Did Mary attend Cross Church and Jana went to spend time with her rather than attend services at Pa Caldwell's?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She might be able to pull it off if she had bothered to iron it or send it to the dry cleaners.  

Do what now? / Jinger probably

On 6/12/2019 at 10:11 PM, JoanArc said:

Somebody's gonna suggest funeral-goers toss a buck in the casket, as they pass.

I'm an awful human being but my first thought was that Boob totally would if he could get away with it(and you know he will figure out a way to keep it)

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Give it a rest until after the funeral, Jeremy. 

He can't. He's like Tinkerbell, needs applause to stay alive.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, I did qualify my statement by saying that he CLAIMS not to have IG. 😁

The service isn't until Monday. Even the mighty Duggars couldn't book Cross Church this week.

They probably had to wait until TLC's camera was available to film a very special Duggar episode. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

That's a long time for people to put their lives on hold waiting for a memorial service. 

Not for people with no jobs or other commitments, who spend their lives just sitting around the house taking pictures and posting online.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Wonder if Jinger saw the disturbing FB post (now deleted only b/c the poster started getting tons of friend requests from it) where a baby suffocated while Mom took a shower because the baby was wearing one of those huge headbands and pulled it down over her face.  Honestly I think that's a rare thing to happen but I can see where it would be a risk; to me those big bow headbands look silly anyway but if you just have to have them I think best bet is take them off the kid when nobody is around.  After all it's to make the baby look "cute" or "girly", if nobodies there to see her who cares if the headband is on or not, I'd go with better safe than sorry.

Also been wondering if Jinger subscribes to the advice that you shouldn't get our hair colored while pregnant?  I think that's considered out dated now but it did make me think maybe she also did her hair to head off any "when's the next blessing" questions.  I'm pretty sure she and Jer will space things out since they're the only ones to wait a decent amount of time between wedding and first baby.  But I'm also sure with Felicity going on a year old now she gets her share of questions from family and friends who pop them out like clockwork.

• Useful 3
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm sorry about your grandparent. 😞

And as for that picture, he really could just sit on it for a few days and then share it. 

But how's he going to build his image and get famous if he's invisible for a few days? Building your image as a hip and happening influencer and 21st-century celebrity pastor requires full-time work, people!    

• LOL 7
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

I don't have a problem with the way people choose to grieve but can JerMe chill with the Instagram pictures and enjoy private family time. Most of the girls have been quiet except for tribute pictures for Mary. We get it she's a cute baby and you like being a SM whore but this isn't the time. 

I never really like the lady but even I'm in shock after hearing all the details of her death. 

Is this from the Citrus and Lemon infant line?  Looks like Felicity is ready for a diaper change. Odd photo choice. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is this from the Citrus and Lemon infant line?  Looks like Felicity is ready for a diaper change. Odd photo choice. 

It's certainly a "meh" image.

He did a bad job editing this photo. The reflections in the glass door are not sufficiently minimized by the filter(s) he chose to apply. Smartphones have good cameras these days but you need a real camera with a polarizing filter to deal with glass reflections. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, louannems said:

If Grandma Mary was cremated, then people usually do a memorial service.  This can be anytime, really.  My dad's memorial service was two months after he died.

My dad's was 6 weeks. We didn't have the big funeral home funeral. We just made sure we picked a day everyone could get together (it was around the Labor day holiday so that had to be taken into consideration) and we had a memorial at a nearby country club with pictures, music, good food and good beer (he was German after all). 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I've suspected he was lying about the Instagram thing from the beginning. 

You can access Instagram from a browser now.  He can have an account, upload from his phone, and technically tell the truth about not having the app downloaded.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Saylii said:

You can access Instagram from a browser now.  He can have an account, upload from his phone, and technically tell the truth about not having the app downloaded.

Ah okay thank you! I don't have Instagram at all, so I hadn't realized that. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

But how's he going to build his image and get famous if he's invisible for a few days? Building your image as a hip and happening influencer and 21st-century celebrity pastor requires full-time work, people!    

He's not even a pastor anymore. His last sermon was Sunday past.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Did they  have a goodby party for Jeremy or did they all say 'don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out'?  Just wondering.

I can only stand about 5 minutes of his sermons, so I didn't stick around to find out. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Also been wondering if Jinger subscribes to the advice that you shouldn't get our hair colored while pregnant?  I think that's considered out dated now but it did make me think maybe she also did her hair to head off any "when's the next blessing" questions.  I'm pretty sure she and Jer will space things out since they're the only ones to wait a decent amount of time between wedding and first baby.  But I'm also sure with Felicity going on a year old now she gets her share of questions from family and friends who pop them out like clockwork.

I have thought about this too. I didn't realise hair-dyeing was now okay while pregnant and I did some research. According to the articles I read, I found they said that it wasn't that bad. However they also recommend caution.  A big thing I kept reading was "If you're already dyeing regularly without problems, then you shouldn't have a problem."  This seems significant, because Jinger was not dyeing her hair regularly as far as we know. Also you use a lot more hair dye to change the color completely, then you would to maintain already existing color. It also takes more hair dye (and maybe even bleach) to go from a dark color (like Jinger's) to blonde. Finally the advice is be more cautious in the first trimester. 

I have to admit it sounds risky to make a big hair color change while pregnant. I think if she was more than 3 months along, we would know.  I don't necessarily think she is pregnant. If people are asking about more blessings, it's none of their business.

• Love 3

if Jinger had a ballyage, the color did not touch her scalp. with ballyage you can paint it on , but more than likely it was done using saran type wrap. The concern while pregnant is when the color is absorbed into the scalp. I am still have my hair license and used to do ballyage all the time....its pretty if done right , especially with different colors...going lighter in shades or darker in shades...

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Here's my take on the whole smiling thing I don't think badly of the Duggars for going out to breakfast and wanting to enjoy happy moments with their granddaughter.

All i see is a bullshit photo  opportunity telling us we are just like your family a nice normal one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'll give Jing a pass for the wrinkled dress.  20 minutes in one of my favorite linen shirts, and I look like I've been sleeping in my car for a week.  Linen is NOT forgiving.  

She certainly didn't grow up with fine fabric clothing, unless one of the sisters manage to snag a pure wool sweater or silk blouse from one of the scrap bins at the 2nd hand stores.  She's probably still learning how to care for & wear the nice things she has now.  And they'd probably already spent a few hours together, so the wrinkles were inevitable.  The dress is adorable and great for a hot weather breakfast.  

Wrinkles aside, I still think she outshines every other woman in her family with her fashion choices. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 18