Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Considering the police report said Jinger was molested in the laundry room (up on a washer or dryer, can't remember which), it is super fucked up to make her part of the laundry team, so she had to be in there probably every day.

Edited by kalamac
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From a 2013 article:

The laundry room is a big one. Nana helped us with laundry for 13 years, now Grandma Duggar has taken over the majority of washing and drying. But Jinger and Joy-Anna are her sidekicks, so that's the laundry team.

Who is Nana vs grandma Duggar?  

• Love 2

The only way I can see the pill causing a miscarriage is if she took them while she was pregnant with Caleb I think it was.  It happened to a girl in high school, but she took several pills at one time so it was a deliberate homemade abortion.  So unless Michelle did something like that... I would think after having one baby, she would have known the signs and symptoms but maybe not.  

7 hours ago, Triple P said:

What I remember from the first special is that they sincerely believed that the miscarriage between the births of Josh and JD/Jana was God's punishment for using birth control. The doctor told them that the birth control pill caused the miscarriage and I think he was the one who brought them to Gothard. The fact that JD and Jana were born after stopping birth control was taken as a sign that God had forgiven them and rewarded their penance with two healthy babies - either JD or Jana is the replacement for the baby that was lost.*

I think that at the time of the breakdown, their religious beliefs were more deeply held than they appear to be now and perhaps they feared disobeying God. On top of that, they had some local fame/notoriety as that big family. JB was building his political career on it. They had been bit by the fame bug before the breakdown. So they had to keep having kids for God, fame, and JB's career.

*I remember this very clearly because I was pregnant with my twins when the first special aired and I felt so bad for JD and Jana and the pressure that must have been placed on him or her as the replacement baby. And smacking my head that Discovery would let them spread misinformation about the birth control pill. 

Yes I remember that from the first specials. Thank you. To me that explains children 4-7, not 7-19. There are other contraceptive options besides the pill. I should stop trying to make sense of this mess. It’s like continuing to eat until your stomach hurts, your joints ache etc and then lamenting it’s gods will that you gain weight (and I say this as a fat person!)

Yes to poor Jana and JD! One of my great aunts had 4 pregnancies in the early 1930s, with no surviving children (2 stillbirths and 2 preemies that we’re not old enough to make it back then, they lived for a few days), her fifth pregnancy was my cousin D whom she BABIED and PAMPERED and CODDLED until the day she died. I know that a pregnancy or child loss is a pain that each woman/couple may work through differently but I don’t think they kept having kids cause of that. JD/Jana we’re seen as blessings, Jill made them a 2 Boy/2 girl family, Jessa was “oh wow I guess we are fertile”, Jinger (13months after Jessa) made Michelle go “not again?!!!!”, and sweet Joe as a Babe in arms caused her to have a break down in the laundry room!!

I think by the time Joe came along it was more of an ego boost and a point of pride than anything relating to god. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

What I don’t understand, is that after the laundry room breakdown at child 7 (Joe) why they didn’t STOP having children?!!!!!! JB is a lot of things but he does seem to care about Michelle and her well being- why would he say “okay this is too much, we should stop at 7 beautiful healthy children because the care they require is too much for us to deal with TOGETHER”.....no it was “let’s develop a buddy system and make the older kids raise the younger ones”?. 

Well, when you put it that way, it makes me think/assume that Michelle was driving the baby crazy train, because it does seem a little extreme to think that unless she joins the obsession equally, she wants to go through multiple visceral body-chemistry-deep changes year after year on merely her husband's say-so.  someone who still remembers after 19 children that Jana kicked her in utero, doesn't seem like the type of person who merrily ignores the cues and events of her body; it seems like someone who's deeply attuned to them.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Who is Nana vs grandma Duggar?  

Was Nana an older woman from their church?  I seem to remember there was a lady who told Michelle she just LOVED doing laundry, and she was more than willing to help them out.  I've only heard Mary referred to as Grandma/Grandma Duggar.  

I wish that JB & M could have seen the laundry room breakdown the same way they saw the miscarriage.  They viewed the m/c as telling them it's God's will to go off birth control and have as many children as they could.  The breakdown could have shown that this was God's way of telling them they enough children at that point, so they should stop at Joe.  There are always two sides to a pancake, but these two think they only need to cook, then subsequently burn, one side.  They don't allow themselves to look at the flip side.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, sixlets said:

Was Nana an older woman from their church?  I seem to remember there was a lady who told Michelle she just LOVED doing laundry, and she was more than willing to help them out.  I've only heard Mary referred to as Grandma/Grandma Duggar.  

I wish that JB & M could have seen the laundry room breakdown the same way they saw the miscarriage.  They viewed the m/c as telling them it's God's will to go off birth control and have as many children as they could.  The breakdown could have shown that this was God's way of telling them they enough children at that point, so they should stop at Joe.  There are always two sides to a pancake, but these two think they only need to cook, then subsequently burn, one side.  They don't allow themselves to look at the flip side.

In their minds, it is only God's will when it is what JB and Michelle want.  The laundry room breakdown would have been Satan working on Michelle, and God sent the neighbor to get her back on track.  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

The only way I can see the pill causing a miscarriage is if she took them while she was pregnant with Caleb I think it was.  It happened to a girl in high school, but she took several pills at one time so it was a deliberate homemade abortion.  So unless Michelle did something like that... I would think after having one baby, she would have known the signs and symptoms but maybe not.  

That's an old wives' tale and wouldn't cause an abortion.  I believe Michelle said she conceived while taking the pill and that is what caused her to miscarry.  This is completely untrue and has been shown to be incorrect in multiple medical studies. Women who conceive while taking the pill are no more likely to miscarry than anyone else.

5 hours ago, sixlets said:

Yes, I believe Nana was a lady who lived nearby who came to the house virtually every day and did all of their laundry for years because she 'loved' it.  Sure, she did.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I believe Nana was a lady who lived nearby who came to the house virtually every day and did all of their laundry for years because she 'loved' it.  Sure, she did.

I always thought that was another of Michelle's self-serving lies, like her "missing back muscle" and her "bulimia". I think the truth is that this lady came over to help Michelle with the laundry a few times after the infamous breakdown and Michelle has exaggerated this into Nana doing the laundry "for years". It reinforces Michelle's view of herself as so special and so Godly that lesser mortals consider it an honor to be of service to her.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I always thought that was another of Michelle's self-serving lies, like her "missing back muscle" and her "bulimia". I think the truth is that this lady came over to help Michelle with the laundry a few times after the infamous breakdown and Michelle has exaggerated this into Nana doing the laundry "for years". It reinforces Michelle's view of herself as so special and so Godly that lesser mortals consider it an honor to be of service to her.

Nana was also the Duggar kids' piano teacher.  She started teaching them when Josh was 5-years-old.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Women who conceive while taking the pill are no more likely to miscarry than anyone else.

This is true.

You can, however, use your birth control as a defacto Plan B in a pinch if needed. (Though with proper birth control use you probably don't really need Plan B.) Consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Michelle taking birth control as prescribed and then conceiving and subsequently miscarrying J'Caleb are unrelated issues. This might sound harsh, but did they ever confirm it as a pregnancy and miscarriage and not just breakthrough bleeding? I'm not sure I know that whole story.

Another question: was Michelle taking birth control on Duggar time? Because depending on the kind ... it doesn't work like that.

• Love 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, queenanne said:

Well, when you put it that way, it makes me think/assume that Michelle was driving the baby crazy train, because it does seem a little extreme to think that unless she joins the obsession equally, she wants to go through multiple visceral body-chemistry-deep changes year after year on merely her husband's say-so.  someone who still remembers after 19 children that Jana kicked her in utero, doesn't seem like the type of person who merrily ignores the cues and events of her body; it seems like someone who's deeply attuned to them.

16 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

In their minds, it is only God's will when it is what JB and Michelle want.  The laundry room breakdown would have been Satan working on Michelle, and God sent the neighbor to get her back on track.  

11 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

So have I. I really believe Michelle is equal in all of this. The baby train because it gave her the attention she wanted. Also for all her talk about everything that a wife and mother should do she doesn't do any of it. Despite being in a cult where women do all the work. She ended up with a sweet arrangement that her daughters do everything from cooking, cleaning, to raising and educating her children. While Michelle sat back, worked on another blessing, and did nothing else until later when the cameras came and she could give interviews and get even more attention. Her laundry room break down just happened to coincide with a woman who would volunteer to do their laundry and turning over all of the work to her very young daughters. Thought nothing of giving baby Joy to Jill. Thought nothing of leaving her miracle in the hands of teenagers to go to Central America. To her "JOY" means putting Michelle first. The servant's heart means everyone serving her and catering to her.  

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 14

From Jessa:

Mom and Pops!

July 22, 2018

Happy 34th anniversary, Mom & Pops!

One might expect y’all to have more wrinkles and gray hair, especially after raising some of those particularly strong-willed kiddos like me. Haha! But you both still look so young! They say that having kids keeps you young, and that surely must be the case because y’all definitely don’t look old enough to have a child who’s in his 30’s!

I don’t know of another couple who’s more in love than you are with each other! Us kids are so blessed to have an example to look up to in your marriage relationship. It’s so endearing to see y’all kissing, holding hands, looking affectionately, speaking loving sentiments, and laughing at each other’s corny jokes (to the point of tears) as though you were still high school sweethearts.

But like seasoned veterans, we’ve seen God’s grace in your marriage as you’ve weathered the storms of life together. Crying together in hard times. Praying for wisdom and help from above. Reminding each other and us kids of God’s promise to “work all things together for good for those who love Him.” Your faith in Christ is solid and unwavering, and I’m so grateful for your godly examples.

You gave stability to our childhood home, and we never had reason to doubt your love and commitment to one another. In all my growing up years, I do not recall witnessing an argument between the two of you. I’m grateful y’all chose to talk through any disagreements privately, and that we didn’t feel the pressure to take sides with either parent.

So many marriages are torn down by an excess of sarcasm and put-downs that may be laughed at in the moment but have the ability to create hurts and wounds over time. Thank you for not allowing these things in your relationship or in our home growing up— and choosing instead to speak life, encourage, and build one another up with your words.

I love that y’all love working alongside each other. From day one you’ve been co-workers, beginning with running the car lot together, then the towing business, managing a gas station, becoming insurance agents together, and both of you getting your real estate licenses! It’s like you can’t get enough of each other! You just love being together, and this speaks volumes.

When it came to hobbies, y’all weren’t quick to run off in separate directions, but would rather do things together as a couple and with us kids! Family hikes or camping trips, bike rides or fishing on the lake. Hide and seek around the house, board games, and family devotions in the evenings. Weekend road trips to Silver Dollar City, or dollar ice cream cones at the local burger house. In the winter time, we’d beg y’all to take us on a “family drive”, just riding around in the van together, looking at Christmas lights. You gave us YOU— your time, your attention, your interaction— and that’s the best gift a spouse or child could dream of having. Being a wife and mama now myself, I look back on these memories and they mean the world to me.

You parented consistently together and strove to keep your household rules and expectations on the same page. You’d help out with the parent duties whenever they arose, whether it was dealing with a bad attitude or binding up a boo boo. When there was a diaper to be changed or a spill to clean up, whoever came upon it would jump right in and get to work. Neither of you had a 50/50 mindset. We saw you both striving to give 110%.

Growing up, we all knew how much Mom and Dad looked forward to their weekly date. Y’all made time together a priority, and it didn’t have to be a romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant. Sometimes it was a drive-thru dessert date. Other times it was grocery shopping, looking at a piece of real estate, taking a drive around town, or a walk in the park. Whatever the case, y’all just love being together, and it’s so sweet to see!

I’m so thankful God’s given you these years together, and may He bless you with many, many more! I love you both!

-Jes

• Love 3
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Her laundry room break down just happened to coincide with a woman who would volunteer to do their laundry and turning over all of the work to her very young daughters.  

I know the above is speculation, and call me cynical, but maybe the breakdown was staged so that Michelle could give the laundry over to Nana?

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I know the above is speculation, and call me cynical, but maybe the breakdown was staged so that Michelle could give the laundry over to Nana?

I really think that's what happened. Michelle wanted out of doing laundry so she staged it so Nana would see or hear her story and want to help. She went on to do laundry for this family for what 13 years? In 13 years Michelle was never "able" to take the laundry back? She still had her coming in to do her family's laundry? Who does that after their "breakdown" has passed? 

• Love 6

Jessa's post read as a gripe session to me that she and Ben aren't joined at the hip.  Somehow I suspect that Ben isn't as much into the "constant togetherness" as JimBob and Michelle, and Jessa isn't happy with that.  Which is odd, because I'd figure that Jessa wouldn't want to be that attached (unlike Jill and Jinger and maybe Joy). 

• Love 3

Notice how hard JB AND Michelle worked at actual JOBS in the early years of their marriage.  This was possible due to Michelle being on birth control for the first several years of marriage.

And now, birth control is evil so her own daughters do not get life experience and jobs, just babies as soon as possible!

None of the kidults have the work ethic of their Pre-Gothard parents.

• Love 14

Jessa's Ode To Mama and Pops reminds me of just how hard they did choose to work, prior to Gothardism.  Like normal young couples just starting out, they chose to earn money before beginning a family. They most likely rented an apartment like most newly marrieds.  It took them years of renting houses before they purchased a home. 

Contrast that to Jill, Josh, Jessa, Joe and Josiah who were handed free homes owned by daddy or grandma.  No hard work to barely afford a rented apartment and utilities and car payments and car insurance.  Free housing, free cars, paid utilities and insurance.  Everyone works for Pops and doesn't have to worry at all about money.

• Love 20

I like how Jessa points out that her parents never were sarcastic or put each other down....Jessa is the queen of putting others down, including her own husband. Didn’t she make fun of him, on camera, about video games being “childish”? Something like that? So she likes the example from her parents but doesn’t strive to be that way for her family. Nice.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

Jessa's anniversary gibberish is nauseating. Can't decide if she believes that shit or if she is delusional. One more "y'all" and I would have screamed.

She likely believes it a little bit. But more importantly she wants the viewers to believe it, hook, line and sinker.

• Love 8
(edited)

JB and M clearly benefited from years of togetherness and being alone.  They were able to have a normal dating relationship....

Now they don’t let their kids be alone with their spouse til their wedding night and are encouraged to immediately get pregnant.

3 weeks after I got pregnant, I was taking a 2 hour nap at night when I got home and literally would wake up, eat, and go back to sleep.  I can’t imagine how unfun doing that on your honeymoon is!

As for who drove the baby train...Michelle IMO.  I think they do have a sincerely held belief that the miscarriage was caused by birth control and was a warning or punishment from God.  But I think JB adores Michelle and Michelle adores attention 

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I think Jessa is just pulling stuff out of her ass. If I wrote down all the nice moments that I remember about my parents, from my childhood, I could also make it seem like a perfect couple instead of the dysfunctional one they actually were. 

Same here.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Triple P said:

I've always been skeptical that the breakdown ever happened. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Dear mom and dad. Thanks for letting child molestation run unchecked while growing up. Thanks for having umpteen children that you made us take care of. You guys suck.

Love ya'll.

The real Jessa.

I would pay money to see this happen. Posted on social media, of course.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Dear mom and dad. Thanks for letting child molestation run unchecked while growing up. Thanks for having umpteen children that you made us take care of. You guys suck.

Love ya'll.

The real Jessa.

Well, people do appear to be glossing over this:

You’d help out with the parent duties whenever they arose

So, they'd "help out" the sister-slaves. 

If asked to step in and actually, you know, BE the parents.

Of their own children. 

Um, "yay, congrats"?  "Thanks for doing the least you could do, lazy slugs!"

• Love 22
On July 23, 2018 at 4:59 AM, ginger90 said:

and I’m so grateful for your godly examples.

Somehow I don't see dry humping your wife on a mini-golf course in front of your kids as a godly example.  Unless she means Pan or Bacchus perhaps.

So many marriages are torn down by an excess of sarcasm and put-downs that may be laughed at in the moment but have the ability to create hurts and wounds over time.

And yet you do this to your own husband, Jessa. Hmmm.

When there was a diaper to be changed or a spill to clean up, whoever came upon it would jump right in and get to work.

I think Jessa is confusing herself and her sister moms here.  I don't see Meechelle as jumping in to clean anything.  Also Jessa mentions her parents sharing hobbies.  The poor girl thinks that driving the kids around to look at Xmas lights is a hobby.  No, dear.  A hobby is something like crochet, archery, crossword puzzles, woodworking, writing music, etc.  It is not taking care of your kids every once in a while.

I spent around 3 decades living around the South - Alabama, NC, TN, etc.  If I had to read y'all one more time in that ode I was going to vomit.  

• Love 17

I thought it was strange she mentioned sarcasm, as well. All of her comeback comments seem to always be sarcastic, it's what she's known for. Sarcasm should be the least of her worries in her marriage. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

How many marriages is she intimately familiar with? She knows many couples who use too much sarcasm?

Exactly, I was wondering how she knows this about “so many” other marriages!  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Exactly, I was wondering how she knows this about “so many” other marriages!  

She "knows" this because it is in a Gothard workbook. The have no friends and interact with very few people outside of their immediate circle. She "knows" that other people have bad marriages because she's been told this, not because she's seen it.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:
22 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

It is not taking care of your kids every once in a while.

Or when the cameras were rolling.

If she had been taking care of her kids when the cameras were rolling they would have had a lot more parenting out of her than they got. The reason we know what a crappy mother she is is because she wasn't taking care of them when the cameras were rolling, her daughters were or they were left to run wild.

• Love 3
On July 22, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Mollie said:

Nana was also the Duggar kids' piano teacher.  She started teaching them when Josh was 5-years-old.

I always wondered if Nana went over to the house to help out the first time and then came home and told her husband, Something's not right over at that house.  I can't put my finger on it, but it makes my skin crawl.  I think I'm going to help out a couple of days a week until I find out what.  I've also wondered if it was Nana that reported them to the police. - No clue on the last part, just my speculation.

On July 22, 2018 at 4:37 PM, McManda said:

Michelle taking birth control as prescribed and then conceiving and subsequently miscarrying J'Caleb are unrelated issues. This might sound harsh, but did they ever confirm it as a pregnancy and miscarriage and not just breakthrough bleeding? I'm not sure I know that whole story.

Another question: was Michelle taking birth control on Duggar time? Because depending on the kind ... it doesn't work like that.

Also my question is what else was she taking along with the birth control?  I've personally known several women that got pregnant while taking their BC Pills religiously because they didn't inform their doctor or pharmacist they were on them.  It just didn't register to them that BC was a drug.  Turns out some antibiotics, St. John's Wort and other herbal supplements and Tums can all mess with the effects of the Pill.  When training as an EMR they taught us to specifically ask folks, not only what medications they were taking but then ask all women, are you on birth control?  ask everyone, are you taking aspirin or vitamins, etc because so many folks consider medications something you need an RX for and ignore birth control all together.  Plus yes, if she was taking it on Duggar time, just throw them away.  

On July 23, 2018 at 6:59 AM, andromeda331 said:

I really think that's what happened. Michelle wanted out of doing laundry so she staged it so Nana would see or hear her story and want to help. She went on to do laundry for this family for what 13 years? In 13 years Michelle was never "able" to take the laundry back? She still had her coming in to do her family's laundry? Who does that after their "breakdown" has passed? 

Yes, this!  Perhaps if Me'chelle had sent the kids off to preschool or school in general she would be able to knock out the laundry, or *gasp!* Boob could have taken on the laundry duties, but it seems with these folks when someone offers to be kind, they make them slaves almost.

On July 23, 2018 at 6:59 PM, Heathen said:

I've always been skeptical that the breakdown ever happened. 

I think she hit that point of exhaustion, post pregnancy hormones, (I'm pretty sure her hormones haven't reached a normal level until at least 2 years after Jubilee), pain, possibly post-partum depression, add in fear of how to support these kids, money issues, Boob always wanting her joyfully available and had what most of us would describe as a Bloody Good Cry.  You sit down or curl up, sob your eyes out, pull out a bottle (or two) of wine or a pint or two of your favorite ice cream, curl up in your jammies, watch your favorite movie, snuggle your furbabies and you tell the world to BACK THE EFF OFF for the day/night.  Then you go to sleep, get up, put on your sh*tkicker boots and get your life back.   That being said, I've had close friends who have had real breakdowns and totally support them.  I, myself, have been on the razor's edge of one and got my arse to a doctor to get medication as well as tools to help support myself.  I doubt Me'chelle was ever at the doctor in her married life other than an OB.  

I think she had the BGCry, and told Nana about it the next day and she said let me come help you a couple of times until you get on your feet.  Me'chelle was no dummy and joyfully agreed and never touched the laundry again.  She probably never helped out Nana when she needed it either.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

You do need an Rx for hormonal birth control.

Yes but I agree a lot of women don’t mention that when asked “do you take any medication?”

I always reply “an oral contraceptive”....but that’s me. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

You do need an Rx for hormonal birth control.

22 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes but I agree a lot of women don’t mention that when asked “do you take any medication?”

I always reply “an oral contraceptive”....but that’s me. 

Yes!  I didn't make myself clear.  I know and have seen tons of women that don't consider an RX hormonal birth control as an answer to are you taking any medication?    It's almost like it's a given.  Doctors, nurses, EMT's, paramedics, EMR's are not mind readers, LOL.  I wish it were so sometimes.

• Love 2

Thanks @doodlebug!  I had a female extended family member that got pregnant with triplets during her divorce with another man while on the pill and swore up and down it was from the antibiotics she had been given for a massive sinus infection.  I should have known better.  She later was caught as a massive serial lier with several mental health issues.  But I LOVE all the info I learn on here!  Thanks for the great info!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

Boob could have taken on the laundry duties, but it seems with these folks when someone offers to be kind, they make them slaves almost.

I've wondered about this.  His beloved is struggling, exhausted, has post pregnancy hormones, probably in pain, possibly post-partum depression, and in fear of how to support all of these kids, money issues plus being joyfully available for Boob, and his masculinity forbids him to lift a finger to help out?  Just for that, he will always be known for Beta and not a secure Alpha. He is such a wuss.

Doing female work does not make you less of a man or even gay, if that;s what worries you JB. Hell, having a secure, well-rested, taken care of wife might even make the HEY HEY more enjoyable for all, you Jacka**.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Perhaps if Me'chelle had sent the kids off to preschool or school in general she would be able to knock out the laundry

This, right here.   She could have done laundry, and housecleaning. Maybe not grocery shopping depending on the preschoolers, but  her life would have been  more relaxed. 

• Love 17
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

This, right here.   She could have done laundry, and housecleaning. Maybe not grocery shopping depending on the preschoolers, but  her life would have been  more relaxed. 

But, but, she wouldn't be all Godly and holier than everyone else if she did that. And she'd probably be convulsed with fear while her precious children were out of her presence and under the control of heaven knows what kinds of evil people with agendas issued by the Devil to steal those Duggar souls. 

• Love 9