Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I had a dream last night that I ran into Michelle at a fancy tea held at an indoor waterpark. 

1) I wouldn’t go to a fancy tea. 

2) Michelle probably wouldn’t go to a waterpark, Indoor or otherwise. 

3) A waterpark would be a terrible place to hold a fancy tea. 

That makes this the fourth Duggar dream I’ve had, and that’s four too many, as far as I’m concerned. 

• Love 16
On 9/16/2018 at 4:02 PM, lookeyloo said:

That is the darn truth!  I think it is the bra that makes her look better.  After my daughter in law finished nursing the last grandchild, she left me with the kids when I was visiting and said she was going to the mall.  She came back and I said "did you get a breast lift?"  I love my daughter in law.  She said, no, she went to Nordstrom and got the "Oprah bra" - back then Oprah had the My Intimacy lady on and there was a bra Oprah liked.  Made a huge difference.  

I am going to have to check that brand out!  I googled Oprah Bra and saw this:  Le Mystere "Dream Tisha" Bra, #955.  I will also have their staff person fit me.  Its about time I get that done again.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Came across this video, and figured I’d put it here:

Good god, they were dorky even by fundie standards. 

Edited by Heathen
Nerdy is good, dorky is bad
  • Love 3

Big fucking whoop!  My grandparents had 11 kids, no tv show to support them, lived pretty decently (owned their home etc.) and she cooked real food 3 times a day like meatloaf and pot roast.  And there were several largde families in the neighborhood during that time (my mom was born in the mid fifties). Grandma ran a tight ship, all the kids can cook, clean and sew, and no one molested anyone.  

I actually remember watching that special and thinking those folks were nuts back then.  The J slaves were in that awkward stage but Joy was kind of cute though.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

okay who is going to be the first one to rent a space in Fundieville Mobile Home Park. I just heard from someone I know they started breaking ground on the mobile home park.

Well now we know where all the guys are working. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

okay who is going to be the first one to rent a space in Fundieville Mobile Home Park. I just heard from someone I know they started breaking ground on the mobile home park.

Will they be giving a parking spot for Joy and Austin?  

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

That would be awesome!  How fun would that be, to have a mole go stay there and report back to us. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I’ve got a popup camper!  Would love to do this and explore a little of Arkansas but having a drink around the campfire is one of the great pleasures of camping and I bet they will be a dry campground!  Will have to pass :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I’ve got a popup camper!  Would love to do this and explore a little of Arkansas but having a drink around the campfire is one of the great pleasures of camping and I bet they will be a dry campground!  Will have to pass :)

If you put it in an unmarked container and use colored water bottles to drink out of, nobody would ever know.

• Love 17

I can see JillR getting a space, because surely the Duggars wouldn't treat her good God-Fearing family the way those KOA heathens do, and then all the even slightly rational fundies being scared away by her presence.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, kalamac said:

I can see JillR getting a space, because surely the Duggars wouldn't treat her good God-Fearing family the way those KOA heathens do, and then all the even slightly rational fundies being scared away by her presence.

Nope. I can’t see JB & M giving away a space $$$ for free. For anyone. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, awaken said:

That would be awesome!  How fun would that be, to have a mole go stay there and report back to us. 

I'll be the mole for you if you want to buy me a trailer and pay the lot rent each month for me. Make sure I get a view of the restaurant dumpster. ?

Edited by Rabbittron
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, kalamac said:

I, too, can see her going there. She would have to pay, but it's worth it for her to be near the Duggars. If she can pay KOA, she could probably affford to pay the Duggars too. 

• Love 7

Speaking of campers, I've been watching the RV show, I think it's called Going RV.  Even with modifications, I dont see how either the Rodrigu or Duggar clans fit into their RV"s.  Those poor kids must have to sleep, eat & sit on the (dirty)floor. I know the Rodrigui have that cage like crib for whatever baby. I know JB added bench seating but I think that was for

On 10/10/2018 at 9:39 PM, DragonFaerie said:

their first one. I think they added more bunks to the old hockey teams RV bus which is the one we refer to as the Stink Bus. Does anyone know if they still use this one? I guess it may be less cramped now as they are marrying off & probably drive themselves to a function. Remember when poor Anna had to bring her home birthing things when they traveled around for book tours when she was way pregnant? 

On 10/10/2018 at 9:39 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Will they be giving a parking spot for Joy and Austin?  

They could be the live in managers. Maybe that would guarantee them a prime location. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I, too, can see her going there. She would have to pay, but it's worth it for her to be near the Duggars. If she can pay KOA, she could probably affford to pay the Duggars too. 

Well, they did cheat and lie to the KOA about the number of people that would be staying there.

• Love 3

How close is this campground to the TTH?  Are they trying to compete with Austin's family for the fundie seminar/vacation crowd?  Will it be near the huge house that Si and Lauren are "babysitting"?  Would that house be used for campground events/church services?

2 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

How close is this campground to the TTH?  Are they trying to compete with Austin's family for the fundie seminar/vacation crowd?  Will it be near the huge house that Si and Lauren are "babysitting"?  Would that house be used for campground events/church services?

No they are building a real Mobile Home Park.

• Love 2
On 09/10/2018 at 12:26 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Big fucking whoop!  My grandparents had 11 kids, no tv show to support them, lived pretty decently (owned their home etc.) and she cooked real food 3 times a day like meatloaf and pot roast.  And there were several largde families in the neighborhood during that time (my mom was born in the mid fifties). Grandma ran a tight ship, all the kids can cook, clean and sew, and no one molested anyone.  

I actually remember watching that special and thinking those folks were nuts back then.  The J slaves were in that awkward stage but Joy was kind of cute though.  

19 is more impressive. It would almost seem to require months at a time in a sex sling. Shellie went hardcore. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2018 at 6:55 AM, kaleidoscope said:

On 10/12/2018 at 8:59 AM, Rabbittron said:

No they are building a real Mobile Home Park.

Yep. I looked it up back when the news broke of their plans. It's at least ten miles from the TTH, and I doubt they are going all theme park with it. (However, it's fun to snark on them, lol!)

IIRC from the satellite view of the site on Google maps, it's a legit place for an RV park, i.e., short term stays for people traveling/camping in RVs/trailers, vs. some kind of long-term semi/permanent mobile home park.

• Love 2
On 10/14/2018 at 8:19 AM, Jeeves said:

Yep. I looked it up back when the news broke of their plans. It's at least ten miles from the TTH, and I doubt they are going all theme park with it. (However, it's fun to snark on them, lol!)

IIRC from the satellite view of the site on Google maps, it's a legit place for an RV park, i.e., short term stays for people traveling/camping in RVs/trailers, vs. some kind of long-term semi/permanent mobile home park.

A friend of my moms works in the planning office saw the plans and it looks like it's going to be a fixed structure Park.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

A friend of my moms works in the planning office saw the plans and it looks like it's going to be a fixed structure Park.

So, it's going to be a site for permanent trailer homes then?  Great, that's what the world needs, more flimsy housing in Tornado Alley.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's not even their anniversary. What's the point other than attention?

I don’t know, but JB should keep his mouth closed for pictures till the end of time. He looks way better without the horsey grin.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

So, it's going to be a site for permanent trailer homes then?  Great, that's what the world needs, more flimsy housing in Tornado Alley.

Maybe that is where JB plans to put the rest of the kids when they get married. 

• Love 17
On 9/16/2018 at 3:11 PM, cmr2014 said:

This is their goddamn livelihood, and they can't be bothered to take a class, or even buy a book on photography. The girls are supposed to be homemakers, and can't be bothered to get a cookbook, or do a little reading on childhood development. Who would buy a house that these people "renovated" or a car that they "repaired?" They put zero effort into everything that they do -- and they're proud of it!

The thing is it's not even that hard to get recipes and cooking help anymore.  Branch out from Pintrest and there are hundreds of web sites for all types of diets, allergies, family size and on and on (just counted out of curiosity and I have 14 cooking websites bookmarked).  And right up their "buy used" alley - my new thing is going to book sales (not a plug just an opinion but booksalefinder is the best) - go on the last day or two when they have bag day, usually $5 sometimes cheaper to fill up a standard paper or reusable grocery bag with as many books as you can stuff in there.  And you'd be surprised how many fit in that bag!.  So I've taken to filling a bag with cookbooks then I spend the winter nights browsing through them and cutting out recipes I like.  A few really good books I kept intact otherwise I put the rest of the book to recycling or share it with family & they take out recipes they like and so on until the book is demolished.

Anyway, point is it's not like they have to spend big bucks to learn these skills.  There's no need to spend $30+ of Joy of Cooking or Mastering the Art of French Cooking or any big fancy hardcover book anymore unless you want a copy of course.   And no reason in the world a person with basic internet access can't learn to cook and to find, save and print recipes and get a nice box or book  of decent recipes together from that.  Imagine what a service Michelle would have done for her daughters if they were taught even just the basics like how to make roux base for sauces (instead of canned soup salt bombs), how to make stock from poultry carcass and more.  Instead they were taught all food for all meals is apparently made from a base of cream of <fill in blank> soup, cheese and browned beef with no seasoning (green things are optional unless they're pickles)

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

The thing is it's not even that hard to get recipes and cooking help anymore.  Branch out from Pintrest and there are hundreds of web sites for all types of diets, allergies, family size and on and on (just counted out of curiosity and I have 14 cooking websites bookmarked).  And right up their "buy used" alley - my new thing is going to book sales (not a plug just an opinion but booksalefinder is the best) - go on the last day or two when they have bag day, usually $5 sometimes cheaper to fill up a standard paper or reusable grocery bag with as many books as you can stuff in there.  And you'd be surprised how many fit in that bag!.  So I've taken to filling a bag with cookbooks then I spend the winter nights browsing through them and cutting out recipes I like.  A few really good books I kept intact otherwise I put the rest of the book to recycling or share it with family & they take out recipes they like and so on until the book is demolished.

Anyway, point is it's not like they have to spend big bucks to learn these skills.  There's no need to spend $30+ of Joy of Cooking or Mastering the Art of French Cooking or any big fancy hardcover book anymore unless you want a copy of course.   And no reason in the world a person with basic internet access can't learn to cook and to find, save and print recipes and get a nice box or book  of decent recipes together from that.  Imagine what a service Michelle would have done for her daughters if they were taught even just the basics like how to make roux base for sauces (instead of canned soup salt bombs), how to make stock from poultry carcass and more.  Instead they were taught all food for all meals is apparently made from a base of cream of <fill in blank> soup, cheese and browned beef with no seasoning (green things are optional unless they're pickles)

Part of my job includes helping the Friends of the Library get their annual book sale ready.   We have at least 2000 cookbooks every year.  You can get some great cookbooks for very little money.

• Love 11

One of the reasons the married girls are such bad homemakers is because they were 'trained' by Michelle, who, herself can't cook, clean, do laundry OR manage her own time. They had no example in their own mother. Yet, they think she's the greatest mother in the world. I can't wrap my head around that one yet.

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, floridamom said:

One of the reasons the married girls are such bad homemakers is because they were 'trained' by Michelle, who, herself can't cook, clean, do laundry OR manage her own time. They had no example in their own mother. Yet, they think she's the greatest mother in the world. I can't wrap my head around that one yet.

Brainwashing and regular beatings. 

• Love 14
19 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Totally agree except that I think you've overestimated their knowledge with the "browned beef" part.

I remember when Jessa seemed to be auditioning for her own cooking show and she made the "beef and potatoes" casserole .... and the big hunks of never browned burger she stuck in the oven with potatoes. Apparently Meeechelle didn't even manage to impart the idea that you brown ground beef. Either that or Jessa didn't pay enough attention to the cooking to register that beef had to be browned for something like that.....

In any case, it sure didn't seem as if anybody in the TTH kitchen was very interested in teaching how to cook or in learning how to cook, either.

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

And you could add to this that she can't cook, clean, do laundry, manage her own time OR nurture, enjoy, educate or love and care for her kids ..... Making it even stranger that they think she's the eternal MOTY. 

I can only think that their apparent admiration for her is just the product of brainwashing, their pretty extreme isolation, maybe some degree of denial.....and their desire to keep up the family PR...for TeeVee reasons.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20