Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, awaken said:
13 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Is there a Fundie on earth who knows how to use an apostrophe correctly?

If there is, I have not yet run across them! 

Not knowing how to use an apostrophe correctly is universal. I work in a college tutoring lab and apparently the majority of incoming freshmen were sick the week their English teachers explained when to use an apostrophe.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Not knowing how to use an apostrophe correctly is universal. I work in a college tutoring lab and apparently the majority of incoming freshmen were sick the week their English teachers explained when to use an apostrophe.

And that is about the last thing you correct because the rest of the paper is usually a red hot mess. *sigh*

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

How fun would it be to run into the Duggars at Walmart.  I think I'd have to make a game of it and see how many "inappropriate" items I could sneak into their cart when they weren't looking. 

Condoms.  Lube.  A bikini.  Fresh vegetables.  Beer.  Wine.  Lacy, immodest underwear.  Romance books.  Educational material that wasn't from their homeschooling group.  Milk.  

I think the fresh vegetables would probably terrify them more than the condoms and lube.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

What I find immoral is that Boob and Michelle knowingly allowed sweet virginal Anna to be courted by their sick and twisted perverted teenage molester son.  I'm sure in their mind if Josh was getting sex on the regular everything would be alright. They did not give any thought as to how this would affect Anna or any of their future children...no matter what happens they will always carry the stigma of being Josh's children.

That’s assuming Anna was bothered by any of it.  She’s such a judgmental bitch that she probably didn’t care if it gave her a bigger platform to harass women at Planned Parenthood.  I could see her being willing to overlook those “indiscretions” and believing she’s holy enough to fix him.  

• Love 10

If those two were my birthday present, I'd ask for a refund.  It looks like Michelle took JB shopping with her at Bon Worth.  His hand on her arm is just showing that she belongs to him.  It's disgusting.  I felt sorry for Anna in the beginning.  She had no idea what she was getting into, and her parents just let her walk right into the fire.  She is choosing to stay in that marriage and thought a baby would be the cure-all.   I have no sympathy for her now. 

Dragon, I'm dying at the milk!  

• Love 7
13 hours ago, sixlets said:

If those two were my birthday present, I'd ask for a refund.  It looks like Michelle took JB shopping with her at Bon Worth.  His hand on her arm is just showing that she belongs to him.  It's disgusting.  I felt sorry for Anna in the beginning.  She had no idea what she was getting into, and her parents just let her walk right into the fire.  She is choosing to stay in that marriage and thought a baby would be the cure-all.   I have no sympathy for her now. 

Dragon, I'm dying at the milk!  

I think they all thought his molesting ways were a symptom of desires that could be righteously fulfilled by marriage. not symptomatic of anything else but normal teenage hormones, easily curable by regular sex with a grown woman, within the confines of marriage, of course. *We* all know that's not true, but they refuse to see a deeper problem.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do wonder if there would have been a problem if Josh had been allowed some time alone and been spared the lectures about how masturbation is wrong.  His parents and other adults drilled it into him that he needed to repress his desires until suddenly he can now "righteously fulfill" them with Anna.  Couple that with a family who tracked mom's cycle and open spoke about mom and dad having sex, I am surprised that only Josh seems to have issues.  JB and Michelle created a really messed up environment for their children with regards to sex. 

Josh is the only one we know about though.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I dont know. People are not motivated to stick their fingers in the vaginas of 5yrs olds just because they have been told masterbation was wrong. Lots of people have been told that- most dont molest their sisters.

This wasn’t a case of close in age siblings not understanding proper boundaries, or a “flowers in the attic” type situation. There is something seriously unsavory about JOSH himself. He preyed on his little sisters repeatedly and didn’t care about their fear. 

I think in a “normal” family he would’ve probably always been a creep, a sexual harasser and the type of date who would feel it was “okay” to slip something in your drink or film you without your consent cause he bought you a meal. Just a feeling. 

I also think Josh is a genuine asshole. 

Exactly. If the family was so isolated, and Josh was given limited information about sex, and his hormones started to go crazy, I could see him touch Jana out of curiosity, as she is closest to him in age and an adolescent. But that didn't happen. Josh fondled a FIVE-year-old. Pubescent boys just do not do that to kids that age. I mean this is like Daddy Glen from Bastard Out of Carolina.

Furthermore, he actually left Jana alone!

• Love 17
On 8/10/2018 at 10:43 PM, madpsych78 said:

Exactly. If the family was so isolated, and Josh was given limited information about sex, and his hormones started to go crazy, I could see him touch Jana out of curiosity, as she is closest to him in age and an adolescent. But that didn't happen. Josh fondled a FIVE-year-old. Pubescent boys just do not do that to kids that age. I mean this is like Daddy Glen from Bastard Out of Carolina.

Furthermore, he actually left Jana alone!

He left Jana alone because Jana would’ve kicked his ass!! (Or broken his hand or screamed bloody murder). As the eldest girl she had authority in the household, she wasn’t intimated by Josh in the least. 

Michelle and JB are at fault for how they handled things after the fact but I dont blame them for this happening intially. JB is a lot of things but I don’t think it ever occurred to him to molest his sister. I am more disturbed by Josh touching the girls while they were sleeping, cornering poor 8yrs old Jinger (if Joy-Anna was 5 she was 8 or 9 I think) in the laundry room, and touch 5yrs old Joy-Anna during story time than I am by the fact that his parents made really poor choices in how they parented before they knew this happened. It’s not Josh’s curiosity (however inappropriately misplaced) that creeps me out, it’s the predatory nature of how he treated young girls he was supposed to love.

Once they knew about Josh though- I think of JB hadn’t been in love with the idea of being on tv they would’ve sent him to live with Grandma Mary, to get him out of the house and having no access to the girls unsupervised. But no- they put their family on tv, continued to fawn over Josh as the first born, made his victims cook and clean for him. They suck. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

The five year old that Josh molested was Joy.

Yes. He molested Joy when she was five. I knew that- typo, I’ll amend thank you. I was trying to write Joy-Anna and it auto corrected!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

He left Jana alone because Jana would’ve kicked his ass!! (Or broken his hand or screamed bloody murder). As the eldest girl she had authority in the household, she wasn’t intimated by Josh in the least. 

Michelle and JB are at fault for how they handled things after the fact but I dont blame them for this happening intially. JB is a lot of things but I don’t think it ever occurred to him to molest his sister. I am more disturbed by Josh touching the girls while they were sleeping, cornering poor 8yrs old Jinger (if Johannah was 5 she was 8 or 9 I think) in the laundry room, and touch 5yrs old Joy-Anna during story time than I am by the fact that his parents made really poor choices in how they parented before they knew this happened. It’s not Josh’s curiosity (however inappropriately misplaced) that creeps me out, it’s the predatory nature of how he treated young girls he was supposed to love.

Once they knew about Josh though- I think of JB hadn’t been in love with the idea of being on tv they would’ve sent him to live with Grandma Mary, to get him out of the house and having no access to the girls unsupervised. But no- they put their family on tv, continued to fawn over Josh as the first born, made his victims cook and clean for him. They suck. 

I agree with this assessment about Michelle and JB's role. They aren't at fault for the initial act - that was ALL Josh. I don't believe that JB or any of the other sons would think to fondle their sisters. They ARE at fault for how they addressed said act.

• Love 8
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I dont know. People are not motivated to stick their fingers in the vaginas of 5yrs olds just because they have been told masterbation was wrong. Lots of people have been told that- most dont molest their sisters.

This wasn’t a case of close in age siblings not understanding proper boundaries, or a “flowers in the attic” type situation. There is something seriously unsavory about JOSH himself. He preyed on his little sisters repeatedly and didn’t care about their fear. 

I think in a “normal” family he would’ve probably always been a creep, a sexual harasser and the type of date who would feel it was “okay” to slip something in your drink or film you without your consent cause he bought you a meal. Just a feeling. 

I also think Josh is a genuine asshole. 

This is how I see Josh too. I don't feel sorry for him I don't see his childhood making him into a molester or making him so suppressed and/or confused that he molested his sisters. Nope, that was all him. His parents are completely responsible for how they handled it which was by doing nothing until after he molested a 5th victim and that was his five year old sister and then their stupid way of handling it by shipping him off to help fix up a Hobby Lobby. Josh is responsible for molesting his 5 victims. I also don't think he's sorry for it because he's behavior since then. He went onto become a smug, arrogant bastard who made horrible comments to his sisters who still had to accept his apology and still do his laundry, cook his food, and everything else. Who accused others of being molesters while being held up as an example of what a Good Christian boy should be. Josh and his parents are all the worse.  

• Love 17

This ^^. Also I don't believe for a second that Josh was really sorry for molesting his sisters. He was sorry he got caught (and exposed by In Touch) and the repercussions it caused him. Josh is all about himself.

• Love 18

So Boob added this - there are 5 photos.  

Yea a fun weekend riding through what looks like Poison Ivy!  A horse rescue group should check out some of those horses.  Does Fort Rock's insurance not REQUIRE the kids to wear helmets?   Boob, M'chelle is upset you haven't been keeping up on your teeth whitening.  Countenance is important after all.  And lay off the hairspray and get yourself a good moisturizer for those crow's feet.  

Ok snark on Boob aside, the camp was $300.  Plus an additional $100 for each adult and kid over 13.  I see Jackson and Tyler, and in TFDW's photos there was Jason as well.  If he took Justin and James as well that would be a grand total of $900 for a weekend to ride old horses and stuff.  Plus Smugger was there with the oldest male M child -I'm guessing Boob splurged on those 2 as well , so we're over $1,000.  Dude, there are so many other things you could have done with those kids for cheaper and probably had a better time, and less poison ivy.

People on Pickles were commenting the horses look mangy and poorly cared for. Given that the Forsyths advocate treating babies and children like shit, I'm not surprised they don't value animals either.

And no helmets on the kids? That's a future lawsuit waiting to happen. 

• Love 9

I think taking the boys to camp was a good thing. As far as we know, nobody got into poison ivy, fell off their horse, crashed on the zip line, or lost in the woods. They had fun and the quality of food for the at-home Duggar boys was probably 100x better than their regular meals. 

• Love 15

Interview with Me'chelle after Josie was born and back home.  Around 3 minutes in Me'chelle states that her oldest daughter, JILL, had told her that folks just don't understand being in a big family.  Jill, wondering what happened to Jana, had said that Love doesn't divide it multiplies - Did Kody Brown steal this?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

God changed Michelle's heart to make her love children right around the time she started getting attention for her superior breeding skills.  Once she figured out that pumping out babies could make her rich and famous, she decided she loved kids, IMO.

Yes I agree. 

• Love 3

My opinion is that Josh was scared of Jana.  

The Duggars divide into two groups.  Low IQ and average IQ.  Jana falls in the high average IQ group.  

Jana also had a "creepdar" and suspected that Josh was nasty.  I bet he did gross things to their dolls and she just knew to stay far away.  She is also the oldest girl, giving her another advantage.

People like Josh are good at reading their victims....

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I think it’s offensive to suggest that only dumb people get sexually assaulted. Being molested has nothing to do with your intellect. Victims are chosen because of opportunity, circumstance, and the preferences of the perpetrator. By the time Josh started molesting the girls Jana had already taken on many of the day to day homemaking tasks. She probably just wasn’t alone enough for Josh to do anything to her.

I do think, however, that vulnerability is part of the equation when a predator is looking for a victim. Jana, being closer in age, may have seemed more likely to resist and/or report him.  Josh simply might’ve viewed Jana as less vulnerable due to these factors.  Since the molestations of the oldest girls occurred while they were all sleeping in their communal bedroom; I don’t think Jana’s sister mom duties were a big factor.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I do think, however, that vulnerability is part of the equation when a predator is looking for a victim. Jana, being closer in age, may have seemed more likely to resist and/or report him.  Josh simply might’ve viewed Jana as less vulnerable due to these factors.  Since the molestations of the oldest girls occurred while they were all sleeping in their communal bedroom; I don’t think Jana’s sister mom duties were a big factor.

I agree that perceived vulnerability plays a role, and that Jana might not have seemed as vulnerable. Her age, her closeness with JD, and her relatively high degree of authority within the family might have made her less attractive as a victim. Two of the girls were molested in their bedroom (Jinger was cornered in the laundry room and Joy was molested while sitting on Josh’s lap and reading a story) so it’s possible that proximity of others wasn’t a big deal.

I certainly don’t think it had anything to do with Jana’s IQ, though, and I think it is insulting to all victims of abuse to suggest it did. Like Jessa, Jinger, Jill and Joy would have been safe if they were smarter? Maybe if they’d read a little more or learned algebra they’d have been left alone? That’s just a novel angle on victim blaming, in my opinion. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

I agree that perceived vulnerability plays a role, and that Jana might not have seemed as vulnerable. Her age, her closeness with JD, and her relatively high degree of authority within the family might have made her less attractive as a victim. Two of the girls were molested in their bedroom (Jinger was cornered in the laundry room and Joy was molested while sitting on Josh’s lap and reading a story) so it’s possible that proximity of others wasn’t a big deal.

I certainly don’t think it had anything to do with Jana’s IQ, though, and I think it is insulting to all victims of abuse to suggest it did. Like Jessa, Jinger, Jill and Joy would have been safe if they were smarter? Maybe if they’d read a little more or learned algebra they’d have been left alone? That’s just a novel angle on victim blaming, in my opinion. 

I don't think anyone is blaming the victim here. Simply acknowledging that people who are at a cognitive disadvantage are often targeted by perpetrators because of their vulnerability.

This is about how molesters select their victims, not about how a victim is to blame for having been targeted.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't think anyone is blaming the victim here. Simply acknowledging that people who are at a cognitive disadvantage are often targeted by perpetrators because of their vulnerability.

This is about how molesters select their victims, not about how a victim is to blame for having been targeted.

Okay. I’m going to leave this here, because we’re going off topic. Suffice it to say that perhaps that is how the original post was intended, but that’s not how it came across to me. 

Jim Bob and Michelle acted terribly in their handling of the molestations, but sadly their behavior isn’t that unusual in my experience. Many parents seem to take the side of the perpetrator to the detriment of the victims in situations like this. I don’t understand it, but it’s not uncommon. 

• Love 6

In the video above, posted by DragonFaerie, it is truly astonishing that Michelle would refer to Jill as her oldest daughter.  I guess she's just never going to forgive Jana for kicking her when she was in the womb.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

In the video above, posted by DragonFaerie, it is truly astonishing that Michelle would refer to Jill as her oldest daughter.  I guess she's just never going to forgive Jana for kicking her when she was in the womb.  

If we wanna dive deep into the psychology of Joshly, it's kind of interesting that the one sister he didn't assault was the least favored one.  While it's a bit of a stretch, perhaps the fact that the girls he molested were 'favorites' of his parents while Jana was decidedly not was a factor in all of this.  Perhaps he had some animosity towards JimBoob and Mechelle and took it out on his sisters.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

If we wanna dive deep into the psychology of Joshly, it's kind of interesting that the one sister he didn't assault was the least favored one.  While it's a bit of a stretch, perhaps the fact that the girls he molested were 'favorites' of his parents while Jana was decidedly not was a factor in all of this.  Perhaps he had some animosity towards JimBoob and Mechelle and took it out on his sisters.

Interesting point.  I’ll throw in that we honestly have no idea whether Josh did something inappropriate with Jana or not.  Just because it didn’t come out in the InTouch article doesn’t men something hasn’t happened at some point.  I’m not trying to make Jana a victim, or wrongly accuse Smuggar, but I don’t put anything past these folks.  They’ve, and by they I mean JB and MOTY, have already proven they’ll lie for convenience.

On one hand, I can’t blame JB and MOTY for not handling the situation perfectly at firstbecause all parents make mistakes and work with whatever tools and techniques they have.  And it’s got to suck when sexual misconduct occurs betwen your kids.  I don’t think they could stop loving Smuggar just because he touched the girls.  He’s still their son.  OTOH, handling it poorly the second time is on them. For that, and their failure to protect the girls as the behavior continued is totally their fault.  Perhaps had they not made such a big deal of sex, conception, physical contact, and just twisted, unnatural views of human sexuality, and flaunted their lust for each other in the kids’ faces, maybe this wouldn’t have happened.  Or maybe Smuggar is a deviant creep; it’s hard to say although his recent behavior suggests perhaps he is.  

When you combine that with the fact that they spiuted their holier-than-thou beliefs and superior morality, and the fact that they follow a complete pervert, and you realize the network should have given these chucklefucks the boot years ago! 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

But they couldn't have been favorites yet.  With the exception of Jana, Josh molested ALL of his sisters born at that time.

Good parents would have handled it differently and most parents would NOT have have chosen to go on and make EIGHT more kids!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I tend to think Michelle saying Jill was the oldest was more of a forgetful moment than a deliberate snub. I think it shows she always been spacey and relatively out-of-it.

And nearly every parent of more than one calls kids by the other kids' names. It was only my sister and me when we were little, and I still got called by her name, and she was still called Heathen. I'm sure calling kids by their siblings' names happens ALL THE TIME at the House that TLC Built. 

I give Mullet a pass on this one. 

• Love 9

I thought MEchelle once said she refers to her kids as the oldest, the middles, and the littles. If true she managed to get lower than born # whatever.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I think it’s offensive to suggest that only dumb people get sexually assaulted. Being molested has nothing to do with your intellect. Victims are chosen because of opportunity, circumstance, and the preferences of the perpetrator. By the time Josh started molesting the girls Jana had already taken on many of the day to day homemaking tasks. She probably just wasn’t alone enough for Josh to do anything to her.

Besides which, uh, how exactly do we know Jana falls into the "high average IQ" group? I have yet to see any evidence that she's smarter than her sisters (ahem, aside from maybe not getting married and becoming a baby factory while still a teenager, but that might be coincidence more than anything). Actually, I find Jana to be about as articulate as Joy and Jill, which is to say, "not very." They show her doing shit on the show, but does it take a high IQ to plant a garden or hang a sign?

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I tend to think Michelle saying Jill was the oldest was more of a forgetful moment than a deliberate snub. I think it shows she always been spacey and relatively out-of-it.

With that many children, I'd be surprised if she knew any of their birth dates. She'd also be very stupid to purposely snub one of her children like that on air in an interview that was meant to generate good PR for the family.

• Love 6