Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I looked it up and it was that podcast. They were talking about the control over the contracts and how JB basically negotiated with TLC so they would only have to deal with him and have the one contract with him.  He gave the right to film all the events of the kids.  Derick was saying it was like a pimp JB was going to give the the services of all the families and their life events.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 4

Former Boobchelle besties Jim and Bobye Holt are in the news. Bobye rescinded her restraining order against Jim. She claims he had counseling (suuuure Jan), and has changed. 

Good luck with that, Bobye.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 15
  • LOL 1
40 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Former Boobchelle besties Jim and Bobye Holt are in the news. Bobye rescinded her restraining order against Jim. She claims he had counseling (suuuure Jan), and has changed. 

I guess she forgot that Josh, too, had counseling. It didn’t work on him and probably didn’t here either. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I guess she forgot that Josh, too, had counseling. It didn’t work on him and probably didn’t here either. 

Yeah, doubtful. Jim has gotten away with being a mean, abusive bully his entire adult life. Pushing 60, he ain't gonna change. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I hope she stays safe. Doesn’t it take a victim 7x to leave?(on average)

• Like 2
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 2

Sadly, it takes time to realize that an abuser can be on best behavior for a few months to try to get back on your good graces.  I wonder if they have gone through this cycle before and if so how many times it will take before she realizes that he will never change.

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Sadly, it takes time to realize that an abuser can be on best behavior for a few months to try to get back on your good graces.  I wonder if they have gone through this cycle before and if so how many times it will take before she realizes that he will never change.

I am not well versed but isn’t there a diagnosed cycle? The “honeymoon period” follows repenting and then the cycle of abuse starts again. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jim and Bobye Holt have lost custody of their 3 minor children. They are now living with older brother Spencer. 

Posted here because it's rumored that JB was part of the "counseling" group who helped reunite Bobye and Jim 

That's ummm bad.   Guess letting Jim back in the house where the kids could be in danger was what caused CPS to act.   Presuming this was a formal court ordered removal, not just the parents deciding the kids would live with big brother.  

• Like 7
19 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

That's ummm bad.   Guess letting Jim back in the house where the kids could be in danger was what caused CPS to act.   Presuming this was a formal court ordered removal, not just the parents deciding the kids would live with big brother.  

If I was Bobye, I'd choose the kids over Jim. No contest!

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
49 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

If I was Bobye, I'd choose the kids over Jim. No contest!

Those people believe the husband comes first. He is the headship and he must be obeyed. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
44 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Those people believe the husband comes first. He is the headship and he must be obeyed. 

At the expense of their children. Spencer, the son the kids are with, is no longer part of the IBLP. I doubt he has much of a relationship with his parents anymore, but he wants to protect his siblings from abuses he likely suffered.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

At the expense of their children. Spencer, the son the kids are with, is no longer part of the IBLP. I doubt he has much of a relationship with his parents anymore, but he wants to protect his siblings from abuses he likely suffered.

I hate to say it and I don't wish for it, but she is going to get herself killed. 

• Sad 11
23 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I hate to say it and I don't wish for it, but she is going to get herself killed. 

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be at all surprised. When I wrote for a newspaper, I wrote several stories about domestic violence and resources to help victims. The psychology is fascinating in a horrifying sort of way. Especially considering the mindset and indoctrination of the cult, I’m surprised she got a restraining order on him at all.

Regardless, I hope the younger kids stay safely with their brother and that they get whatever emotional and psychological help they might need.

Sometimes a loss of power and control (real or perceived) can really trigger an abuser. Hope that the loss of the kids doesn’t set Jim off even more.

• Like 10
  • Hugs 1

Bobye claimed that Jim did not harm the younger children but was only rough on the teens. They sure painted themselves so much better than J & M. But they were just as bad and maybe worse. Hard to believe she chose her husband over her kids but I do fear for her.  I think all the adult children were supportive of the brother getting custody.  

• Like 11
(edited)

The Holts permanently lost custody of the minor daughter (she's 17). I believe that temporary custody was granted for the boys.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Extra period when I added her age.
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 6

None of these women IMO are good mothers at all. Any parent who puts the offending parent first before the children is an idiot. They will offend again. Has Mr. Holt ever put his hands on Mrs. Holt? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

As a poster stated above, in this cult women must be subservient to their husband at the cost of their children.  Children are just  "blessings" whose numbers are bragging rights and who must be totally obedient.  Their needs can be ignored (Jill), but the husband must be front and center.  Someone mentioned that JB may have been one of the men who "counseled" the Holts.  I'm sure the pressure on Bobye was very strong.  Possibly threatening.

• Like 4
  • Sad 8