Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

I was wondering earlier about the funeral and the only info I could find about it was from WOACB. She did have pictures the family had sent her so this is probably true.  His husband and family who he was still in contact with had a military service. JB and Ben were not invited (or any of Mary's family since they were estranged for many years). I am glad they were able to have a service with people who loved them.  I cannot believe the nerve of JB to try to take over the service. His headship is taking a lot of hits, he might have stroke. 

The report originated in the Sun. They had a photographer at the service.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
17 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

I am just glad that it has been verified that JB and Ben were not at the service. 

Same. I seriously doubt any of the people who turned out wanted a tabloid photographer lurking there like a vulture, but I suspect the service otherwise was what he and his husband actually wanted versus what was posted in the obit. I suspect some drama went on behind the scenes to make that happen, which is really awful to put the people who were actually grieving through. Per The Sun, the funeral home director officiated instead. 

• Like 18
(edited)
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, wait, what? Did I miss something?

I know - the online obit on the funeral home's website said Bin would officiate at the services, but it seems he didn't. No Duggars were seen at the service.  https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/8489803/duggar-family-snubs-gay-uncle-tommy-funeral-photos/  [I do my best to ignore WOACB at all times on any subject but I figure the Sun can be better trusted on this since they have receipts aka photos. Low bar.]

May Tommy rest in peace.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 10

I wonder if JBoob provided the obituary with the erroneous info? My husband's sister was obsessed with writing bs obituaries when their mother and sister passed. Some people want a historical record of how they want people to THINK everything went down. "History is always written by the winners." 

• Like 7
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2
On 6/29/2023 at 2:40 PM, Zella said:

Honestly if I'd been in that situation and my spouse had relatives they'd been estranged from for decades and who'd made it very clear how judgmental they were of me and my life, I'd probably just not notify them. Let Jim Bob read it in the obits with everyone else. 

I mean, same. But I've met enough marginalized people from bigoted families/communities who still keep some contact that I'm not at all surprised Lawrence would have JB contacted. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, quarks said:

So the impression I'm getting from this is that when Tommy died, his husband - very understandably - decided that he didn't want to contact any of the Duggars directly, but did think that someone should inform them, and asked the police to do so.

JB then decided that this courtesy contact meant that he - JB - needed to take over the funeral/obituary arrangements, decided that since Ben was a pastor, Ben could handle the funeral, and then went to great efforts to edit the obituary. At which point Tommy's husband was all, that's nice, we're doing our own little VA funeral - oh, great, after we've both spent years trying to stay out of the Duggar shitshow, the tabloids are here.

Hopefully the Sun wasn't too intrusive.

That sounds plausible. I just find it interesting all the wild theories that have been put out since the cops stepped foot at the door.

The only other question I have is if that's typical funeral attire these days? All the baseballs caps seems to have the same emblems, so they might signify an association, but couldn't the men at least wear dress pants?

• Like 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

That sounds plausible. I just find it interesting all the wild theories that have been put out since the cops stepped foot at the door.

The only other question I have is if that's typical funeral attire these days? All the baseballs caps seems to have the same emblems, so they might signify an association, but couldn't the men at least wear dress pants?

See, that doesn't even phase me. I've been to funerals where it was requested to all wear Hawaiian shirts; wear hot pink because it was their favorite color; wear a favorite sports jersey... to me it just matters that you are there for the family.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Like 22
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

All the baseballs caps seems to have the same emblems, so they might signify an association, but couldn't the men at least wear dress pants?

If he was a Vet they are probably unit/ship caps.   Everyone who served with him would be wearing their caps.   I doubt anyone cared what pants were worn as long as pants were actually worn.   

• Like 20
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

Funeral attire really varies by family and cultural group. It’s common to wear a favorite color or something in honor of the person. 

Even in instances where the attire is more North American Christian traditional (if there is such a thing), there is always that relative that shows up in a sports jersey or clubbing clothes- taking further stories about this to small talk. 

• Like 4
(edited)

I dress up for funerals [unless otherwise requested by the family] because that's what I was taught to do, but graveside services also read as more informal to me in general compared to services held in the funeral home or a church. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 12

I usually go with dressing nicely unless something else is requested or wear a dress for my grandmother's funeral that I knew she liked. Execpt for my uncle's funeral. He wore jeans all his life even at his wedding. Dressing nicely just didn't feel right so I wore jeans and t-shirt. My aunt (his wife) also wore jeans and t-shirt for the same reason and was happy that others did too.  

• Like 13
40 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Hmm. Since clicking through here to read new posts has landed me here in the JB and Meech topic, I gotta say something. 

About Michelle. 

I've watched Shiny Happy People more than once all the way through. Each time I see it, I despise her more than is probably good for me.

What a f*cking arsewipe she is.

The adoring helpmeet gaze at JB. (Okay, the hilariously drugged-up spaced-out slack-jawed version of it she did during that Megyn Kelly interview was a horrible kind of comedy gold.)

The sweet syrupy voice as she lectures an audience on how she "blanket trained" aka beat and psychologically tortured her babies. At least the monster Pearls were up front and honest about beating and psychologically terrorizing tiny children without wrapping it up in Michelle's sweet treacly tones. 🤮

The performative "home schooling," "house work" (as if she ever did any instead of handing it off to her female children), and reading bedtime stories to the girls. Made for TV propaganda. 

Her insane statement of motherhood: "The baby is MY buddy while it's nursing, and then it becomes someone else's buddy." Look, you narcissistic idiot, it's a BABY, not a "buddy." (My only faint hope about all that is that once she had handed off the younger "buddies" to their sister-moms, Meech didn't get around to much of the blanket training and baby beating. OTOH the footage of little Josie waving her reddened hands around as she stood in a bathroom reciting words about instant obedience? Tells me that with no new baby in the offing Meech did devote herself to whipping Josie into shape. Were Josie's hands really that red or were they freshly slapped around when that video was shot and why were they doing it in the bathroom?)

Thanks for letting me rant. That woman is as vile as her husband. Having dumped this tirade here I'm gonna go calm down. 

Michelle is a freaking piece of work.

I haven't seen the clip you're speaking of, but Josie seemed to have been a stimmer (or possibly some time of involuntary jerking/flailing) in her early years. If you check out family pictures someone is always holding her or holding her arms down. Or in single pictures her arms are often crossed and I'm thinking that was a suggested pose to control her arms for the pic.

So maybe, just maybe, and hopefully, Josie was just being Josie.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I was hoping Josie's hands were red because she was clapping so forcefully.  If they did a few takes, she could have done it herself.

True. That makes me feel less upset. Thank you!

• Like 1

In shiny happy people mech and Jim boob are shown sharing their opinion of overcrowding … they had to move out of their original house.  They had to create more bathrooms for their family.  Yet the entire population could fit in Jacksonville

• LOL 13
7 minutes ago, dariafan said:

In shiny happy people mech and Jim boob are shown sharing their opinion of overcrowding … they had to move out of their original house.  They had to create more bathrooms for their family.  Yet the entire population could fit in Jacksonville

It always bothered me the producers didn’t push back when they made that ridiculous statement. Explain how is that possible, the world’s population fitting in Jacksonville, Florida. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SMama said:

It always bothered me the producers didn’t push back when they made that ridiculous statement. Explain how is that possible, the world’s population fitting in Jacksonville, Florida. 

Yeah, it's always bugged me that no one challenged them on that bullshit. Ironically, the lack of push-back is evidence of unbiased coverage, which their ilk don't believe exists. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

I’m listening to digging up the duggars podcast episode on shiny happy people  and they mentioned the texts Derek got threatening and saying jim Bob gave you his beautiful daughter ( skipping what else they said ). And it got me thinking , if you consider Derek’s actions against god and punishable , what about Jim bobs actions towards his daughters ?  He didn’t protect them.  He didn’t seek out to punish the abuser.  Why can they not hold him Bob responsible?   I mean I know why. I grew up fundy.  But I want them to address why. Make the connection in their brains 

• Like 18
  • Applause 6
6 hours ago, dariafan said:

I’m listening to digging up the duggars podcast episode on shiny happy people  and they mentioned the texts Derek got threatening and saying jim Bob gave you his beautiful daughter ( skipping what else they said ). And it got me thinking , if you consider Derek’s actions against god and punishable , what about Jim bobs actions towards his daughters ?  He didn’t protect them.  He didn’t seek out to punish the abuser.  Why can they not hold him Bob responsible?   I mean I know why. I grew up fundy.  But I want them to address why. Make the connection in their brains 

Can you paraphrase what they said to Derek?  I mean, JB “gave” him his daughter and what?  He’s just supposed to let JB walk all over him?  Obey everything JB says?  

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Can you paraphrase what they said to Derek?  I mean, JB “gave” him his daughter and what?  He’s just supposed to let JB walk all over him?  Obey everything JB says?  

there are penalties to those who wrong parents ..jb has done you no evil, & you have done him great evil 
“He picked you to marry this beautiful untouched virgin, Derrick, he trusted you “

”the mistreatment of parents is forbidden in both the old and New Testament, with death penalties ascribed to them 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 8

I imagine receiving that text was super scary for Derick and Jill.

What surprises me is that the police did anything at all about it (if they even did). Nowhere in the text was Derick threatened. It was just some lunatic using their right to free speech to express their narrowminded opinion.

I wonder if the nasty text enabled Derick to take a moment and feel empathy and regret for what he said about (then teenager) Jazz Jennings, her parents, Nate Berkus and his husband? 

Life's lesson aren't often direct and they usually have collateral damage. Michelle's robocall ended up indirectly publicly confirming that facts of the rumors swirling around Josh. Making her narrowminded and disgusting 1st amendment hate for the LGBTQ+ community public, had repercussions. It ended 19 Kids and hurt her daughters all over again.

Derick making his feud with JB public may have satisfied Duggar haters and made Derick feel 'more right', but it too came with repercussions and collateral damage. Also, who knows if Derick's other SM hateful rants spurred on some other LGBTQ+ haters to further hurt the Jennings family?

If nothing else one would think the Duggars and Duggar adjacents would learn how damaging words can be. That and karma's a bitch.

• Like 10

Now that @Meow Mix mentioned, it I suppose it's possible that Jed or even J'inmate could have sent the burner phone text to Derick. I haven't tried to analyze the text but the parts we saw on SHP, quoted.by @dariafan above, were IMO the expressions of outrage at Derick's mistreatment of Jill's parents. Def a howl of outrage from JB's point of view.

As to threats, we didn't see the entire text, which was very long and mostly blurred out on SHP. But what we did see, also quoted above, claimed that mistreatment of parents carried Old Testament "death penalties." For all we know there were worse things said, that were not exposed on SHP. TBH if I got an anonymous long ranting hateful text invoking Old Testament "death penalties" against me, I'd call the cops too. Not that I'd expect them to run out and arrest anybody just for that, but because that's scary stalker sh*t and I'd want it on the record in case the perp followed through with more threats - or worse. I can't fault Derick for doing that. I bet that Jill let it drop in talks with her siblings or even Meech, that the threatening text had been turned over to the cops, and I'm sure she let it be known that it had upset her. Probably prevented the Burner Phone Texter from sending any more nonsense. 

My takeaway from watching the family dynamics over the years as the kids grew up and married, is that JB worked that "headship" thing in his own way. Mainly because he held the money.  Whatever lip service he paid to the idea that his daughters acquired new "headships" upon marriage, I think he expected to keep calling the tunes they all danced to.  The first son-in-law to buck him was Jeremy. The show's editing monkeys had fun showing JB's discomfort with Jeremy before Jinger married him, in that trip to Laredo. Heh. 

And JB wasn't alone in the elastic concept of "headship." In SHP, a couple of the non-Duggar former IBLP members, said that in practice, the "headship" was the oldest male present. They were talking, IIRC, about the training centers where there were a lot of young people helping to run the place. But it sounds a lot like the Duggar hierarchy as well. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

I'd report that creepy anonymous text to the police in a New York minute. I've never heard anything claiming to be a full report, but I have heard that the Duggars have drawn some creepy attention (as I suppose all folks with any celebrity can experience). I once read something about a strange woman driving into the Dillards' driveway to see Jill or something. If I were in that kind of status and had already had some of that stuff, I'd definitely let law enforcement know about the text.

It's almost too articulate to have been written by JB. It would have to come from someone with knowledge of their financial settlement, which did get press attention although I don't know how long the news took to get out after the settlement was reached. But man, it reeks to high heaven of butt-hurt patriarch, no matter who wrote it. Ugh.

• Like 21
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

f nothing else one would think the Duggars and Duggar adjacents would learn how damaging words can be. That and karma's a bitch.

Their introspection begins and ends with "Any hate directed at us is persecution/the devil attacking us and anything we say or do is just doing the Lord's works and following his teachings."    

• Like 16

I think the letter could come from someone who's friends with the Duggars. My guess would be someone around JB's age or older. Speaking against the parents are such a big thing that a lot of fundies get really offended by it. They don't want their own kids to get any ideas.

Also, didn't Gothard start his cult to prevent kids from rebelling and becoming hippies?

• Like 9

Wow, that full text is something else.  I'm not a Biblical scholar, but I don't remember anything in the Old Testament saying that JB and Michelle became Derick's parents upon his marriage to Jill.  

I understand why Derick reported the letter.  I remember that there was at least one young fan who went to their house shortly before Jill had Izzy looking for Jill and wanting to know if she had her baby yet.  That would seriously creep me out.  Also, I remember seeing some pictures posted somewhere of their house that were clearly taken by someone just off the property skulking around.  

Finally, it amazes me that whoever wrote that mess then wraps it up by referring to themselves as a friend in Christ.  If someone spewed that level of hate toward me, I would not consider them a friend.  And the gushing about Jill being intelligent, etc. is really unhinged.

• Like 15
  • Sad 2
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder if anything became of Derick reporting that. Was that ever said? It was a text message, correct? At minimum it was a Class A misdemeanor.

I guess because it was sent from a burner phone there's not a lot that law enforcement could do. 

I tend to think that FF wrote it. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Jb is really reluctant to give up control.  His married daughters get new headships, but he still wants control.  Does he try to control the daughters in law as much ?  Pa Keller is not Anna’s headship anymore … 

as to the text and the mention of finances , those children ( and they were children when the show began ) have been doing a job and they all deserved to be paid.    And why would jb should think he was intitled to all the money when the show became Jill and Jessa counting in just infuriates me 

• Like 12

Hmm, having read the whole thing, I think the chances that Jed! is articulate enough to write that are slim to none. FF has a similar issue (although I think he did get a better education than the howlers) and I think he's too much of a narcissist not to mention himself somewhere. It doesn't read like JB or Meech, although I'm sure that's what they believe. I think my bet is on one of the shadowy figures that home-churched with them. What about the dude who Felon-sat FF for all those months? If he'd let a pedophile chill with his wife (and daughter?) to please JB, he might be willing to write threatening letters to Der.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Were the Rebers in the Duggars' orbit back then? Close enough to know there was a payout? I doubt JB told many people about that, as he probably saw it as a failure. Headships don't give their daughters (rather hefty) payouts. 

At least they didn't at the time. It looks like that all changed. 

• Like 6