Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I think all the sons make their own money. And of course the daughters are supposed to rely on their husbands. Right now the only ones who really need to worry about JB&M's funds drying up are Jana, if she is to forever remain single and Josh, because he likely won't be able to get a job, other than working for one of his brothers, or another Fundy. I see no reason the Lost Girls won't marry.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
On 10/9/2023 at 1:45 PM, GeeGolly said:

I think all the sons make their own money. And of course the daughters are supposed to rely on their husbands. Right now the only ones who really need to worry about JB&M's funds drying up are Jana, if she is to forever remain single and Josh, because he likely won't be able to get a job, other than working for one of his brothers, or another Fundy. I see no reason the Lost Girls won't marry.

Jana will likely be just fine if she remains single. She remembers the years of poverty and seems to have a lick of sense. When it’s just “you” you can live very well on much less than if you’re trying to support dependents. She has a number of skills (caregiving and other domestic skills) and likely isn’t spending her payout on dumb shit (also she has no expenses now). 

I think Jessa has more to worry about as Ben doesn’t earn much and she stays right under JB’s thumb. Also Anna, given her husband is Josh. 

• Like 12

I think Jana, as always, is a bit of a question mark. Does she get actual income from the properties in her name? When JB and Michelle are gone (assuming she's still single) is she expected to move in with JD or Josh (if he's out of prison)? Does she move between her siblings every few months like the maiden aunt in a victorian novel? Worst case scenario, she gets 1/19th and the more time that passes, the clearer it is that that isn't likely to be set for life money, even for a single person if they have living expenses. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1

What does Jana do for money in the future… after JB dies or goes broke?  Has she earned enough ‘quarters’ to qualify for social security when she’s too old to work?   
Yes, she currently has no real expenses - but she probably also doesn’t have much income.  An allowance from JB is probably her major source of income. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
On 9/18/2023 at 2:24 PM, GeeGolly said:

I certainly can see the kids trusting JB with doing their taxes but... did they know what income tax was? And if they did they must have received an income.

Or perhaps JB fed them some bullshit story about Mad Family money, but again they would have known at least JB was receiving money

Derick had said he thought the show was a ministry and no one was paid.

You'd think if Meech took the time to talk bankruptcy she could have spent a minute on income tax.  Keeping the kids ignorant of real world shit to save his bank account.  That's the JB way.

• Like 11
  • Sad 4
On 10/11/2023 at 2:24 PM, satrunrose said:

I think Jana, as always, is a bit of a question mark. Does she get actual income from the properties in her name? When JB and Michelle are gone (assuming she's still single) is she expected to move in with JD or Josh (if he's out of prison)? Does she move between her siblings every few months like the maiden aunt in a victorian novel? Worst case scenario, she gets 1/19th and the more time that passes, the clearer it is that that isn't likely to be set for life money, even for a single person if they have living expenses. 

She and Josie will be Big and Little Edie.  Too mean?

• LOL 18
22 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

You'd think if Meech took the time to talk bankruptcy she could have spent a minute on income tax.  Keeping the kids ignorant of real world shit to save his bank account.  That's the JB way.

I think Gothard focused on bankruptcy because most of his families weren't that well off. Then he has them spending money on his programs and services like ATI. That probably broke many families. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Only if the Wisdom Book had a chapter on income tax.  That is a topic that probably isn't too important because the kids are only supposed to work for a family member (in this case, JB).  Figuring out a way to not report any income would be more in line with their thinking, it seems.

• Like 16

The Duggars and their bankruptcy lessons are no match for the polygamous Brown Family. Two wives filed their own bankruptcies and a different wife filed with the husband. They seemed to have had a bankruptcy ever 5 years until they got their TLC show and became MLM queens.

I wonder if any of the Duggars will end up going that route.

• Like 9
On 10/13/2023 at 2:55 PM, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars and their bankruptcy lessons are no match for the polygamous Brown Family. Two wives filed their own bankruptcies and a different wife filed with the husband. They seemed to have had a bankruptcy ever 5 years until they got their TLC show and became MLM queens.

I wonder if any of the Duggars will end up going that route.

By going polygamist? 😁

(could you even imagine any of them going down that route?) 🤣 

• LOL 14

Another interesting comparison between the Polyg Browns and the Duggars.

Christine is arguably the viewers/snarkers favorite (ex) wife of the four wives. She has 6 kids, 1 son, 5 daughters. The son, Paedon was verbally and physically abusive to his sister Gwen when they were kids. Christine made sure she and Paedon were never left alone once the abuse was known. Fast forward to present time and it gets more complicated - Gwen came out as bisexual a few years ago and recently married her girlfriend. Paedon is a loud and proud homophobe.

Christine also recently got married and had her son Paedon walk her down the aisle. For unknown reasons Gwen did not attend the wedding.

All this just to say, Christine had her daughter's abuser walk her down the aisle, yet she is the favored character of the bunch. Such a contrast to the JB&M Josh situation.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5

I've said all along parenting both the perpetrator and the victim(s) is far from straightforward.

I dislike JB&M for a plethora of reasons but I don't blame them for Josh's bad deeds and crimes. And I think a lot of behaviors that have been assigned to them likely aren't true. From what I've read Jill said throughout her book she had a wonderful childhood and felt very loved and protected by her parents.

I like Christine and think she was an average parent and certainly don't blame her for Paedon's behaviors. I do think Christine has had a lot of positive behaviors assigned to her that aren't true. From what we're hearing now the Browns' early years were not all sunshine and roses.

I guess what I'm saying is while I understand the contrast, and I dislike JB&M and like Christine, I think its far more complicated than meets the eye.

• Like 7
On 10/19/2023 at 2:24 AM, Zella said:

I can't get over what an awful name Paedon is. It makes some of the Duggar gems, like Jinger and Spurgeon, almost sound like poetry. 

Incredibly, Paedon is one of the lesser offensive names of Christine's kids. That woman loves a random y...Aspyn, Truly, Ysabel, Mykelti(?!?!?!).

I still think those are better than Spurgeon, though. 😂

• LOL 12
31 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Incredibly, Paedon is one of the lesser offensive names of Christine's kids. That woman loves a random y...Aspyn, Truly, Ysabel, Mykelti(?!?!?!).

I think it’s Truely lol

• Like 5
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Aspyn is really awful. I wouldn't name a kid Truly, but I have read a book with a protagonist named Truly, so I will allow it if it were spelled Truly and not Truely. LOLOL

Mykelti--I wonder if they got that from actor Mykelti Williamson, aka Bubba in Forrest Gump and Limehouse in Justified. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
39 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Being that Mykelti Brown is female, that would be a choice. 

😂😂😂😂 Okay I give up. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • LOL 11
38 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Yeah the names are not my style and the spellings are not my style either.

Maybe Mykelti is some kind of a prophet or something. Or a restaurant that sold good nachos.

Per Mykelti Williamson the name Mykelti is a boy's name meaning "silent friend".  He was given it by his half-Blackfoot Indian grandfather

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Useful 10

I've been thinking about Jim Boob, probably because I listen to the Digging up the Duggars podcast. I really detest what JB and Meech have done to their family. I've been thinking lately that JB is probably just a stupid, insecure male. I mean, it's so dumb to make someone like Bill Gothard your leader. His program and opinions are stupid and he never even followed his own advice. I'm sure that what attracted JB to Gothard's way of life was the fact that he'd be the dictator for life over all of his kids....well, that's how it's supposed to work anyway. It's misogynistic bullcrap that is a distortion of Biblical values, but JB couldn't resist the power trip. He's an awful, awful man!

• Like 14
  • Applause 6
50 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

If it's true that he drained $200K of his own capital on his idiotic race to unseat his party's serving US Senator, while his family was squashed into that little house and living on cheap food - he's a schmuck.

It’s true.

• Like 13

I would not give JB credit for being on call 24/7 with the tow truck as something great or heroic. Many people in different professions/trades are on call 24/7. My husband who worked for hospitals in a non clinical position was on call 24/7 also. He was called out in the middle of the night, in the rain, thunder and lightning and sometimes had to go on the hospital roof for the repair(s) needed at 3am awakened from a sound sleep. Back to JB, I also don't remember that he did all of those businesses/jobs at one time; these were over the years Yes, he wasn't lazy but he had no choice as his family was already living, IMO, on the brink of poverty in their standard of living. The man had saved $200K those years ago. I wonder with inflation, what the value of that sum would be today? I also heard that his mother gave him that money to run for office.....the he didn't save it himself. Does anyone know what actually is the truth here?

• Like 8

No doubt both JB&M worked hard in the first few years of their marriage. I wouldn't however give too much props for a 24/7 tow truck driver as I'm guessing his middle of the night tows were few and far between.

I also don't think the Duggar parents worked any harder than the average parents of a young family. The difference being most young families don't have church members dropping off "love offerings", a woman doing their laundry, discounts on music lessons, etc. So yup they worked hard AND they grifted hard.

• Like 1
  • Applause 15

Oh gosh. I never suggested that JB did anything heroic. Just noted that when it comes to putting out the effort to work and hustle to earn money, IMO he’s definitely ahead of David R. I know, low bar. IMO David’s lazy and JB isn’t.

• Like 19
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I would not give JB credit for being on call 24/7 with the tow truck as something great or heroic. Many people in different professions/trades are on call 24/7. My husband who worked for hospitals in a non clinical position was on call 24/7 also. He was called out in the middle of the night, in the rain, thunder and lightning and sometimes had to go on the hospital roof for the repair(s) needed at 3am awakened from a sound sleep. Back to JB, I also don't remember that he did all of those businesses/jobs at one time; these were over the years Yes, he wasn't lazy but he had no choice as his family was already living, IMO, on the brink of poverty in their standard of living. The man had saved $200K those years ago. I wonder with inflation, what the value of that sum would be today? I also heard that his mother gave him that money to run for office.....the he didn't save it himself. Does anyone know what actually is the truth here?

He also had parents who already owned real estate, thus his “in” to that field. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

Handed to him or night, he did work a real job as opposed to his sons who are all working for daddy.

Yeah he did. But he's the reason his sons work for him. He kept them under educated and with no skills or people skills. Had they had they had either or both most probably would have jobs someone else.

• Like 11
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

JB's dad worked for his dad, JB worked for his dad and the sons work for their dad. The only difference I see is JB raised his kids in a cult.

Oh, and JB’s dad made sure he got a real education. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah he did. But he's the reason his sons work for him. He kept them under educated and with no skills or people skills. Had they had they had either or both most probably would have jobs someone else.

The rules of the cult.  It gives the umbrella a lot more power.

• Like 4

Jim Bob was never going to be homeschooled. His sister went to public school all the way through. Not sure when Jim Bob entered that Christian school but it was a real school. Perhaps he started out in public school and that would have been a real education also. I don't think JL had any home schooling thoughts about either of his children. Besides, Mary worked a regular job or jobs throughout her life so she could not home school her kids.

• Like 9

So my half-ass opinion is that JB & Michelle went to Texas to see Josh over Christmas & left the house to the kids.  

I just can't see him willingly accepting glad tidings of great joy from Deernut, the snotrag who called him a pimp in print.  And in interviews.  And in magazines. 

Is JB that forgiving and Christ-like? 

Not a single pic thus far has even a part of a glimpse of a sliver of either one of them.  Now, I'm sure there are loads of pics as yet unseen, so maybe they issued stern warnings to their kids to leave them out of any photos.  But maybe they were there celebrating up a storm. 

I'm skeptical.

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 11
32 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It was a fairly recent interview. I forget which one, sorry.

Yes, it was an interview or podcast . NOT in print. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Useful 3