Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Here's what I think:

Grandsons:

Pest - Michael, Marcus, Mason

JD - Charlie

Jill - Israel, Sam, Frederick

Jessa - Spurge, Henry

Joe - Garrett, Baby JoKen

Josiah - Baby SiRen E

Joy - Gideon, Gunner

Jed! - Truett

Total: 15 grandsons.

Granddaughters:

Pest - Mackynzie, Meredith, Maryella, Madyson

JD - Gracie

Jessa - Ivy, Fern

Jinger - Felicity, Evangeline

Joe - Addison, Brooklyn

Josiah - Bella, Daisy

Joy - Evelyn

Jeremiah - Brynley

Total: 15 granddaughters with Jed! - Nora becoming the 16th granddaughter, thereby "breaking the tie."

• Like 5
  • Useful 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

With the docuseries and now Derick's Jill's book, on top of Jinger's book, will JB&M speak up and strike back? Or will they lay low like none of it is happening?

What can they really say?   If they try to say anything everyone will point out how badly they handled FF.   They have no room to talk about how "right" their beliefs are.   Not after their solution to FF was to have him dig a pond -- except when filming.   Or have him talk to a trooper "friend" who turned out to be a molester himself.   

• Like 14
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

With the docuseries and now Derick's Jill's book, on top of Jinger's book, will JB&M speak up and strike back? Or will they lay low like none of it is happening?

3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

What can they really say?   If they try to say anything everyone will point out how badly they handled FF.   They have no room to talk about how "right" their beliefs are.   Not after their solution to FF was to have him dig a pond -- except when filming.   Or have him talk to a trooper "friend" who turned out to be a molester himself.   

My bet is that they won't say anything. However, they could release a statement and leave it at that or do a FOX interview where they would be asked preapproved questions.

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

My bet is that they won't say anything. However, they could release a statement and leave it at that or do a FOX interview where they would be asked preapproved questions.

I agree with your bet!

I don’t know that they have the pull to do a pre-screened media interview unless it’s self-generated. Their star has dimmed quite a bit (Thank Goddess!).

• Like 15
2 hours ago, SMama said:

For someone who micromanaged and ruled with an iron fist JB must be feeling anger, humiliation, or both. Good if he does, he can walk a mile in his abused kids’ shoes. 

Agree, with one change - Michelle was the one in charge.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

After Josh's conviction and their diminished importance, I doubt that even Fox would want to do another interview.  FNC currently has plenty of problems to deal with.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, AstridM said:

Are you going to allow this? I won’t allow this. 🤣

I think that’s the day JB got slapped in the face with the reality he was no longer in control. His Golden Penis was on his way to prison. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, SMama said:

I think that’s the day JB got slapped in the face with the reality he was no longer in control. His Golden Penis was on his way to prison. 

That was a very great moment. That's right JB. Your not in control. You don't get to decide what's allowed or not allowed.

• Like 18
  • LOL 1

If Meech continues a relationship with Jill, I'll give her an ounce of credit. Everyone else seems to be with JBoob in getting on the scapegoating Jill train. IMO. they were all poorly raised by selfish parents. I'm on the side of the ones who have been strong enough to escape. I hope Jill and Jinger continue to move towards living in the real world. We'll see. Looking forward to the documentary.

• Like 18
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, SMama said:

Just now, Natalie68 said:
15 hours ago, SMama said:

Messed up my own post!  

Or one could say he was slapped IN THE face by the Golden Penis.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 9

A Note from Jim Bob and Michelle

by Jim Bob Duggar | Jun 1, 2023| 

The recent “documentary” that talks about our family is sad because in it we see the media and those with ill intentions hurting people we love. Like other families, ours too has experienced the joys and heartbreaks of life, just in a very public format. This “documentary” paints so much and so many in a derogatory and sensationalized way because sadly that’s the direction of entertainment these days. 

We have always believed that the best chance to repair damaged relationships, or to reconcile differences, is through love in a private setting. We love every member of our family and will continue to do all we can to have a good relationship with each one. Through both the triumphs and the trials we have clung to our faith all the more and discovered that through the love and grace of Jesus, we find strength, comfort, and purpose.

https://www.duggarfamily.com/2023/06/a-note-from-jim-bob-and-michelle/

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 9

I'm actually a little surprised JB publicly acknowledged this totally fabricated, sensationalized, smear campaign of propaganda against him and his faith. If it's so bad, why even take the time to acknowledge its existence? He has no show to save, no political career to salvage.

• Like 14
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I'm actually a little surprised JB publicly acknowledged this totally fabricated, sensationalized, smear campaign of propaganda against him and his faith. If it's so bad, why even take the time to acknowledge its existence? He has no show to save, no political career to salvage.

Because he’s still deluded enough to think one of his Army for Jesus (probably Jed!) is going places, and doesn’t want them to be tainted by association. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3

I don't think Jim Bob is a Machiavellian mastermind and I doubt he'd put in these terms, but I think he recognizes this as a pretty direct and prominent threat to the family brand he's worked for decades on and feels the need to defend himself and the idealized family persona they've peddled for years. Nevermind that it's been tarnished for years due to Josh. 

• Like 16

Do the later episodes throw some pointed darts at the Duggars? The first episode certainly didn't. The first episode explained why the Duggars and millions of others fell for Gothard's bullshit. What has been written in the tabloids and picked up by mainstream TV about the Duggars is far worse than what was aired in the first episode.

If JB had a brain he would have remained silent. His statement isn't helping their family at all.

On a side note. After watching Jill in the first episode, out of respect to her, I am no longer going to include her in any discussions of Josh Scandal #1.  As she said almost a decade ago and again last night, she wishes this info never became public. JB&M provide a plethora of ways to show what inept parents they were/are, so I'm leaving this one alone, at least in regard to Jill.

• Like 11
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Do the later episodes throw some pointed darts at the Duggars? The first episode certainly didn't. The first episode explained why the Duggars and millions of others fell for Gothard's bullshit. What has been written in the tabloids and picked up by mainstream TV about the Duggars is far worse than what was aired in the first episode.

<BBM and snipped for focus>

Yes (IMO), but with the focus shifting to the damage done by IBLP and similar groups. For instance: the documentary will delve into a topic like immediate obeyance, explain “blanket training” and how that dovetails into obeyance and teaching submission, then show clips of Michelle talking about / doing blanket training. 

They take this approach to tease out several issues and also use non-Duggar examples to illustrate. That said, the Duggars ARE the most familiar to the general public; there’s a lot of Duggar footage available; and for a few individual non-Duggar accounts of abusive past behavior by IBLP and affiliated individuals — most of which happened in at least semi-private circumstances — individual interviews are effectively used because there’s no B-Roll available for obvious reasons.

I will one day celebrate a vicious, scathing and accurate take-down of JB and Michelle. This had a broader focus and while I personally root for JB&M to reap what they’ve sown while still walking this earth, I also believe the SHP is more effective by being centered on the damage done to children and young people caught up in the IBLP cult. 

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

"....we see the media and those with ill intentions hurting people we love."

So here's the thing, JB and Michelle. I watched the entire thing. 

It easily could have been brutal to any number of people presumably in the category of "people you love" - Anna, Derick, Amy, Jed!, Jeremy, Jessa, everyone involved in that Medicorps shadiness, Danica and so on. 

And yet it treats all of these people sympathetically - even going out of its way to defend Anna Duggar -  with three exceptions: the two of you and Josh.

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2

Similar to what I said in the Jed thread, now is the time for JB&M to open their eyes. Take a good listen to what Jinger and Jill are saying. Put out a statement about where they(JB&M) could have done better and they can do better. They can keep their uber faith-based hate, but they should be blowing up Gothard on behalf of their kids.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5

This is an offshoot from the Jed! discussion, but it belongs here. When was the last time we saw Michelle in real time? I ask because I was startled by how much she seems to have aged, but then I started wondering, have we actually really seen Michelle in the past couple of years until now? Not saying they're hiding her like Shelly Miscavige, but I don't know that she's been featured in social media with recent pictures since Josh's arrest and of course she didn't make an appearance during the trial. Am I blanking on anything or is this basically the first time in 2 years we've seen a current image of Michelle? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

I wish I could remember the episode, but Michelle and Jana were driving in the middle of the night to some birth, maybe Anna or Jessa. I was shocked - flat hair and no make-up. I think she is one of those folks who look totally different without her hair and make-up done.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't remember the occasion, but one fairly recently with all the girls at a restaurant. Speculation meech was wearing pants, Joy pregnant with Gunner.

Michelle is obviously wearing a skirt in that photo.  She's confused people before with that combination of a slim black skirt and black leggings.  She wore it in Los Angeles also.  

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

This is an offshoot from the Jed! discussion, but it belongs here. When was the last time we saw Michelle in real time? I ask because I was startled by how much she seems to have aged, but then I started wondering, have we actually really seen Michelle in the past couple of years until now? Not saying they're hiding her like Shelly Miscavige, but I don't know that she's been featured in social media with recent pictures since Josh's arrest and of course she didn't make an appearance during the trial. Am I blanking on anything or is this basically the first time in 2 years we've seen a current image of Michelle? 

Didn’t she go visit Jinger last year, and she went abroad with JB and the younger kids last summer?

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I don't remember the occasion, but one fairly recently with all the girls at a restaurant. Speculation meech was wearing pants, Joy pregnant with Gunner.

image.thumb.png.cd80e8064a0e4818d589d4ed08f041cf.png

Yes I was going to mention this outing because Jinger was in town. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Didn’t she go visit Jinger last year, and she went abroad with JB and the younger kids last summer?

Yes I was going to mention this outing because Jinger was in town. 

That sounds right. I just couldn't remember if any pictures of her had been posted. 

35 minutes ago, Zella said:

That sounds right. I just couldn't remember if any pictures of her had been posted. 

There was that paparazzi picture of her walking with Jinger and Jana wearing a black skirt with black leggings. But I don’t remember if it was a good quality picture. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

That is interesting JB is at the birth (or soon after) of Jed's baby. I don't recall seeing him at the hospital of other grandkids' birth. Maybe he was. 

He showed up at the hospital when Gunner was born. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He showed up at the hospital when Gunner was born. 

So is he now going to show up at births? In the past I remember seeing him at home with all the younger kids on the phone during the births. 

• Like 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

So is he now going to show up at births? In the past I remember seeing him at home with all the younger kids on the phone during the births. 

I don't know how long after the birth he showed up, but Meech was still at the hospital in both instances. No clue how long she sticks around after the births.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Autofill strikes again!
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't know how long after the birth he showed up, but Meech was still at the hospital in both instances. No clue how long she sticks around after the births.

Most likely just long enough to get a picture, then bolt to not take care of her remaining minor children.

• Like 14
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, SMama said:

Most likely just long enough to get a picture, then bolt to not take care of her remaining minor children.

Joy said in her video that Michelle stayed with them their first night back home with Gunner - "to help with the baby." And she was there the next day too. 

My impression is that she is actually a helpful grandmother - maybe out of guilt for not being an actual mother?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Joy said in her video that Michelle stayed with them their first night back home with Gunner - "to help with the baby." And she was there the next day too. 

My impression is that she is actually a helpful grandmother - maybe out of guilt for not being an actual mother?

Well, we know this: she is less “joyfully available” to JB if  she’s not home. 

• LOL 19
55 minutes ago, zenme said:

Well, we know this: she is less “joyfully available” to JB if  she’s not home. 

Maybe with the baby factory shut down she is happy that part is over.

Maybe Michelle likes the attention she gets from being "Grandma there to help out."   With the show gone and interest in general dwindling about this family, she needs her dopamine fix somewhere.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

She seems to like the babies so at a birth is more enjoyable for her, maybe?  Also, the ones at home don't need as much taking care of anymore so JB can leave when he wants is my guess.

• Like 13