Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Brought this over from the Smuggar thread:

23 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with this. With money comes freedom, and less need to perform certain social rules because you have less need of the time/resources/labor of others. I 100% believe that additional funds allowed JB to be more true to himself. 

This ties back to "prosperity gospel" which they all insist they don't follow, but which every single bit of evidence points to over and over again.

JB believes that he is favored by God because he has money. As someone who is favored by God, he's obviously on the right path, and should double down and stay true to the path that has won him this favor. As one of God's favorites, he should also "guide" anyone in his orbit who is not following the same path. To wit: he becomes and insufferable asshat.

Edited by cmr2014
  • Like 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Brought this over from the Smuggar thread:

This ties back to "prosperity gospel" which they all insist they don't follow, but which every single bit of evidence points to over and over again.

JB believes that he is favored by God because he has money. As someone who is favored by God, he's obviously on the right path, and should double down and stay true to the path that has won him this favor. As one of God's favorites, he should also "guide" anyone in his orbit who is not following the same path. To wit: he becomes and insufferable asshat.

Even though that’s the opposite of what the bible actually says. No idea how they rationalize this. They say the meek will inherit the earth, Duggars.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Even though that’s the opposite of what the bible actually says. No idea how they rationalize this. They say the meek will inherit the earth, Duggars.

But I bet they would tell you they are meek and modest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

But I bet they would tell you they are meek and modest. 

Not the way Boob tries to push his influence around. I wonder how the IBLP venture at the old Tony Orlando theater in Branson is going?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder how the IBLP venture at the old Tony Orlando theater in Branson is going?

Ive been wondering myself.  Perhaps all the money spent on FF's defense cut a crimp on spending for the Christian Nationalist Museum?  One can hope.

• Like 3
  • Love 11

The belief that proof that God loves a certain person because they have prospered goes all the way back to the Puritans.   You know those uptight asses?   Yeah, they peddled that line.   While claiming it was all for the glory of god.

The meek and modest stuff is used by powerful to keep poor people down.   "Oh you don't need basic necessities in this life, in the next life you will be rich beyond compare because of how poor you were here."

So JB peddling his line of BS is nothing new.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

The belief that proof that God loves a certain person because they have prospered goes all the way back to the Puritans.   You know those uptight asses?   Yeah, they peddled that line.   While claiming it was all for the glory of god.

I think fundamentalists/Gothardites, etc. developed a prosperity gospel on their own, and their beliefs are not linked to Puritans historically.  By the mid-1800s the Congregationalists (former Puritans) were fighting for social justice on various concerns.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 6/15/2022 at 9:51 AM, Notabug said:

The Holt thing was even creepier, it was more or less an arranged courtship that the parents agreed to.  Josh and the Holt girl knew each other from going to church with their families and maybe they had an interest; but, as I recall, they were 14 or under when the decision was made that they would someday court and marry.  Sort of like the olden days when kings and queens would betroth their infant children to royalty in other countries to seal alliances.  Except there was no kingdom at stake here.

But no! The kingdom of Jim Boob was at stake!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2022 at 3:58 PM, merylinkid said:

The meek and modest stuff is used by powerful to keep poor people down.   "Oh you don't need basic necessities in this life, in the next life you will be rich beyond compare because of how poor you were here."

So JB peddling his line of BS is nothing new.

I seem to remember something about the rich and a camel and the eye of a needle. 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

In regard to the Duggar kidults offering Father's Day wishes to JB - none of them expressed being angry with their dad during the trial. They expressed feeling hurt that Josh had been lying to them and sadness that Josh is fucked up.

I'm only surprised they braved the internet of trolls and haters to express their feelings, but not at all surprised they love and support their dad.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In regard to the Duggar kidults offering Father's Day wishes to JB - none of them expressed being angry with their dad during the trial. They expressed feeling hurt that Josh had been lying to them and sadness that Josh is fucked up.

I'm only surprised they braved the internet of trolls and haters to express their feelings, but not at all surprised they love and support their dad.

I genuinely wonder of the kids who went to the trial how many of them were actually listening? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I usually try not to read too much into who posts publicly for holidays since I don't think it is necessarily a barometer of someone's actual feelings or if more private heartfelt wishes were also extended. But I do find it curious that several of the kids mentioned Jim Bob for Father's Day and, to the best of my knowledge, nobody said anything for Michelle for Mother's Day. Not sure if it's just merely the proximity to the trial for Mother's Day or what the deal is. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I genuinely wonder of the kids who went to the trial how many of them were actually listening? 

All they had to do was disregard anything that didn't agree with their opinion.  Conflict resolved.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Tikichick said:

All they had to do was disregard anything that didn't agree with their opinion.  Conflict resolved.

Well, JB basically dismissed and downplayed the abuse of his daughters right on the stand, under oath. A few know those were blatant lies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Well, JB basically dismissed and downplayed the abuse of his daughters right on the stand, under oath. A few know those were blatant lies.

Yes, but that wasn't at the trial - that was at a prior hearing. The prosecution and defense decided not to put him on the stand for the actual trial.

None of the Duggarlings other than Josh and Anna were at that hearing, so none of them directly heard that testimony, though of course they could have seen/read the news reports and/or read the later court transcripts. 

6 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Not one of them wrote a letter in support of Josh afterwards, and several of them said they agreed with the verdict. And post verdict/sentencing the ones on social media seem to be fairly happy (most of them) or at the very least continuing on with their lives (Jessa). 

I think they were listening.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 3

I don't think the kids (even the sisters) were bothered by JB's pre-trial lies. He down played the molestations and he tried to say Bobye and Michelle were elders in the church. They know he was trying to help Josh and although they all agree with the verdict of guilt, I'm guessing the would have been fine with Josh getting a lower sentence.

As much as we hate Josh, they just don't and likely never will.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, Zella said:

But I do find it curious that several of the kids mentioned Jim Bob for Father's Day and, to the best of my knowledge, nobody said anything for Michelle for Mother's Day. Not sure if it's just merely the proximity to the trial for Mother's Day or what the deal is. 

I noticed that too. It strikes me as extra odd, because it seems like Gothardism should put a lot of the blame for the FF on JB. He was the headship after all. Plus, Mechelle's already been known to play up the martyr crown hard (kids' birthdays= time to remind them that she could have died giving birth. Yay!) so I'm surprised by that radio silence too. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did the sisters' depositions come out around Mother's Day? I remember wondering why everyone was radio silent weeks before the sentencing. 

I'd have to check, but I think you might be right! And maybe the general loomingness of the sentencing was making them all collectively lay low too. 

• Love 1

I understand emotions are high, but until or unless a Duggar makes a statement about recent events, I would like to refrain from discussion (outside of Small Talk). 

However remember that the Politics Policy (the spirit and the letter) remain in effect across the forum. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, zenme said:

Omg. These people are liars.

They do things a little different [sic] dontcha know. Including the way they follow (or don't) that pesky commandment about false witness.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Does anyone have an update on JB's dinner theater purchase on the Branson strip?  How are the plans for a fundie wonderland coming along?

Oops, I see an update in the other Duggars thread.

Edited by kaleidoscope
40 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Do you ever think that Blob will realize that the circus of lawyers he hired are incompetent clowns?

The evidence was quite solid against FF.  I think the lawyers did the best they could.  I don't think the Duggars could've afforded Jose Baez, who got Casey Anthony acquitted.  He charges a $200,000 per month as a retainer.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Gee, you mean asking "has someone been downloading CP?" wasn't the wisest way to open the conversation with the officers?

Sitting down and chatting with the cops in the squad car without a lawyer present after referencing CP was not exactly a genius level move, either.

Josh apparently thought the FBI was as oblivious and gullible as Anna and his parents.

• Like 15
  • Love 5
On 10/12/2022 at 10:28 AM, Notabug said:

Sitting down and chatting with the cops in the squad car without a lawyer present after referencing CP was not exactly a genius level move, either.

Josh apparently thought the FBI was as oblivious and gullible as Anna and his parents.

Or he thought he was so intellectually superior that they'd automatically believe him. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It says he went from 29"W x 36"L to a 36"W x 29"L. The W makes sense, but he dropped 7 inches in length? My husband is 5'6" and he has 29"L. If Boob is just over 6', then I would think the length would still be 36".

I bet he wears them below his gut, hence the 29L.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

It says he went from 29"W x 36"L to a 36"W x 29"L. The W makes sense, but he dropped 7 inches in length? My husband is 5'6" and he has 29"L. If Boob is just over 6', then I would think the length would still be 36".

Of course he lost length inches because you know that the Duggar family is and always do differently

• LOL 10
29 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Of course he lost length inches because you know that the Duggar family is and always do differently

maybe he needed the shorter length because he finally bought pants that didn't have 4-5" of extra fabric gathered around his ankles

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

maybe he needed the shorter length because he finally bought pants that didn't have 4-5" of extra fabric gathered around his ankles

Nah, he's probably a 33" inseam or thereabouts. My husband is only 5'7" with a 30" inseam, and his legs aren't overly long. I think the idiot just didn't edit his copy. He was so proud about the 29" waist that he screwed up his inseam. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nah, he's probably a 33" inseam or thereabouts. My husband is only 5'7" with a 30" inseam, and his legs aren't overly long. I think the idiot just didn't edit his copy. He was so proud about the 29" waist that he screwed up his inseam. 

My son is 16 and is a 29 W X 30L  at. 5’ 8”. He is a skinny kid. No way JBoob was a 29 any time recently unless he’s going back to his HS days. Thats like me saying I went from a size 00 to a size 10. I mean technically I did but I’m not counting the size I was at 18  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Trillium said:

My son is 16 and is a 29 W X 30L  at. 5’ 8”. He is a skinny kid. No way JBoob was a 29 any time recently unless he’s going back to his HS days. Thats like me saying I went from a size 00 to a size 10. I mean technically I did but I’m not counting the size I was at 18  

Agreed. My husband is thin and wears a 30" waist. Back in the day, he was a 28x30. JB is probably a 29 below what's left of his gut. I really doubt he's 29 at his natural waist.

JB is also likely getting a wee be shorter at this point in his life. So I'm guessing its a combo of all: he wore his pants too long, he's now shorter and he wears his pants under his gut.

He said he had a 29" waist when he met Michelle, so ya, back when he was in high school.

image.png.39c32ea4a545a1ed3467fdeebfa2769a.pngimage.png.3c0f916654471cf6212580ff95935ac5.pngimage.png.03058ba42a868046754d99563ea31365.png

image.png.677bb8403f8debc26cf565223276794e.png

image.png.a992e0b0f365e582b07f8889676d68d0.png

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

He's got the typically middle age spread. While it's good that he's losing weight, doing it during the holidays is probably not the best. And no way is he a 29 waist. Not now. 

He says he's a 36"W now, but I'm guessing he's a 36" below his gut, not across it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think he started the fast at 36" (below his gut). I misread; he doesn't say what his measurement is now. Certainly not 29"! 

Right, that's what I meant, but he likely is a true 36W now, at his actual waist.

He does say his weight though. He started the fast at 232lbs and at day 35 he was at 197lbs. I'm guessing could fit into a 34W under his gut.

The pictures above are from prior to the fast.

48 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

He says he's a 36"W now, but I'm guessing he's a 36" below his gut, not across it.

Yup, his pant size would be figured by what he said, “Most of the pounds were right in front of me hanging over my belt.”.

• Useful 2