Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It says he went from 29"W x 36"L to a 36"W x 29"L. The W makes sense, but he dropped 7 inches in length? My husband is 5'6" and he has 29"L. If Boob is just over 6', then I would think the length would still be 36".

I thought it was a joke.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I wonder if he meant he went from 29x36 to 36x36? My late husband was 6'3" and wore 36x36 Levi Bootcut jeans since he was 15. When he gained weight it was in his gut and hung over his jeans. To lose weight all he needed to do was stop eating sweets and drink tea instead of hot chocolate.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Here's an "after" pic. Can't see his gut, but he looks the same otherwise. Still wearing his pants at his hips.

FB_IMG_1669833181477.jpg

He's still got some gut. Look at the way his shirt fabric drapes. 

Mullet looks as vapid as ever. I wonder if she's ever gained the ability to say "underwear" without whispering it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Here's an "after" pic. Can't see his gut, but he looks the same otherwise. Still wearing his pants at his hips.

FB_IMG_1669833181477.jpg

He looks like a smarmy bobble head in dad jeans. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Michelle has really aged in appearance since the end of the show. Grief and depression can do that to anyone, and I'm sure she's trying to understand and process (or still working to suppress and deny) all that's happened with her golden child. 

• Like 10
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Michelle has really aged in appearance since the end of the show. Grief and depression can do that to anyone, and I'm sure she's trying to understand and process (or still working to suppress and deny) all that's happened with her golden child. 

She's lost weight too, probably more than he has.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I get a visceral reaction every time I see that "headship's hand on helpmeet's elbow" pose.  I keep waiting for Michelle to turn around and clock JB upside the head, yelling "for the love of all that is holy, STOP TOUCHING ME."  Or maybe he does that to hold her upright.  Either way, I hate it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 12
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

I get a visceral reaction every time I see that "headship's hand on helpmeet's elbow" pose.  I keep waiting for Michelle to turn around and clock JB upside the head, yelling "for the love of all that is holy, STOP TOUCHING ME."  Or maybe he does that to hold her upright.  Either way, I hate it.

I hate it too.  It looks like he's demonstrating how much he controls her.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
On 11/30/2022 at 1:36 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

FB_IMG_1669833181477.jpg

Amen to everyone else’s ICK reactions to the possessive elbow touching by JB. Utterly unnatural, creepy, and controlling vibes galore.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, LilJen said:

Amen to everyone else’s ICK reactions to the possessive elbow touching by JB. Utterly unnatural, creepy, and controlling vibes galore.

It's even worse when he does it with Jana when Michelle is not in the picture.  That really creeps me out.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

History in sixty in tik tok is doing a series from the 14 and counting   She tries to block smugs unless absolutely had to.   Some takes: Michelle’s hair is better now.   I still hate jum boob.   And how in the works is that house still standing ???  Why would you let a small army of people in a room for the ultrasound ???

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I wonder what Michelle is thinking about her married daughters having miscarriages. For years, she was convinced birth control pills caused her miscarriage of Caleb. I believe all of her married daughters have experienced a miscarriage or two. How does she justify her belief now? 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I wonder what Michelle is thinking about her married daughters having miscarriages. For years, she was convinced birth control pills caused her miscarriage of Caleb. I believe all of her married daughters have experienced a miscarriage or two. How does she justify her belief now? 

I would add how she feels about Jill, Jinger, and now Jessa saying there’s nothing wrong with some forms of birth control? Also that just because children are blessings doesn’t mean you have to breed irresponsibly. Jessa said there’s nothing wrong with “managing” the number of children.

• Like 9
35 minutes ago, SMama said:

I would add how she feels about Jill, Jinger, and now Jessa saying there’s nothing wrong with some forms of birth control? Also that just because children are blessings doesn’t mean you have to breed irresponsibly. Jessa said there’s nothing wrong with “managing” the number of children.

This is interesting, considering that letting God decide how many babies to give a woman is integral to their whole system of belief.  I wonder if this means that the Duggar kids are pulling away in general from what they were taught?  Growing up in a situation such as theirs is sure to make anyone rethink their parents’ life choices.  Glad to see at least some of them think for themselves and make decisions based on what’s best for them and their families.  

• Like 17
48 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

This is interesting, considering that letting God decide how many babies to give a woman is integral to their whole system of belief.  I wonder if this means that the Duggar kids are pulling away in general from what they were taught?  Growing up in a situation such as theirs is sure to make anyone rethink their parents’ life choices.  Glad to see at least some of them think for themselves and make decisions based on what’s best for them and their families.  

I think they're realizing now that most people (not in the cult) who have children have two at most and they're also realizing that when you're one of 19 children, you don't get the attention from your parents that children deserve.  I'm sure when the Duggar kids watched the opening of The Andy Griffith Show, they must have wondered what it was like to go fishing alone with Dad.  I can't imagine any of them having a serious conversation with their parents without being interrupted by one of the other kids.  Oh I just remembered, I think they did get taken to a restaurant on their birthday with just Mom and Dad.  So they had their parents all to themselves for a couple of hours once a year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I don't think it's changed at all. It's not contradictory. She never said miscarriages are ONLY caused from birth control pills. She can still beileve hers was caused by them, and realize that there are other reasons for miscarriages. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

I don't think any of the kids, except maybe Jed, were/are ever going to have 19 kids. Just not using birth control usually does not amount to 19 kids. JB&M tried very hard to make those 19 kids happen.

So far only Derick and Jeremy have decided to actually control their number of kids.

Jessa had 4 kids and 5 pregnancies in 6 years. It doesn't seem to me they used any methods at all to manage conception. So if Jessa thinks the rhythm method or the withdrawal method are okay with God, it doesn't mean they have used either.

Before announcing this last pregnancy, Joy said they had been "trying to get pregnant", which to me means they were planning sex around ovulation. But it doesn't mean to me they were doing any to avoid a pregnancy prior to that.

I don't think any actual Duggar, wanted to or wants to, have only a couple of kids. Well except possibly Jinger.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

If the Duggar daughters are genuinely beginning to accept the idea of controlling their own bodies and planning the size of their families, that would be a far more radical change than wearing pants or cutting their hair. And considering their lifelong indoctrination, it would be a slow and painful journey.

• Like 22

Jill and Jinger are the only one using some form of birth control because they married non-quiverfull men.

Justin and Claire don't have any kids after two years of marriage, but we have no clue if they're preventing pregancy or have fertility issues.

As for Jessa, I don,t believe for one minute that she uses some form of family planning besides having a headache or have one of the kid sleep in their room.

• Like 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think any of the kids, except maybe Jed, were/are ever going to have 19 kids. Just not using birth control usually does not amount to 19 kids. JB&M tried very hard to make those 19 kids happen.

I think it's possible that Joe and Kendra might get close to that number or match it.

But as far as the rest of the Duggars are concerned, I'm struck by how many of the older Duggarlings are not really going for 15+ kids, or in some cases even 10+ kids. Jana, for whatever reason, is avoiding marriage/parenting her own kids completely; JD and Abbie put a couple of years between their two kids; Jill and Derrick used birth control; Jinger and Jeremy used birth control.  It's quite possible that all four will end up with fewer than five kids each; Jinger and Jeremy might well stop at two. 

And even the older Duggarlings who do seem to be going for larger families (Jessa, Joy, maybe Josiah, maybe Jeremiah) don't seem to be trying to match Michelle's pace - Joe and Jed! excepted.

It's almost as if the older kids looked at the lifestyle their parents shoved on them and all over TV/the media and said, yeah. About that? No.

Thus why I am not convinced that JB and Michelle will reach their goal of 200 grandchildren. 100, sure, especially if Joe and Jed! keep going. 200, probably not.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, quarks said:

I am not convinced that JB and Michelle will reach their goal of 200 grandchildren.

Especially now that Josh had been locked away for the foreseeable future. Anna was hellbent on producing a new Duggarling every other year like clockwork, despite Josh’s obvious distaste for fatherhood. Having to shut down the baby factory must have been a huge blow to her. 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
20 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Especially now that Josh had been locked away for the foreseeable future. Anna was hellbent on producing a new Duggarling every other year like clockwork, despite Josh’s obvious distaste for fatherhood. Having to shut down the baby factory must have been a huge blow to her. 

Possibly not immediately, since she still has more children than any of the other Duggarlings and most of her siblings, and since she seems to have at least some belief that the guilty verdict can/will be overturned. Once a couple more Duggarlings and siblings catch up/go past her, though, I think that will be an added blow.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, quarks said:

Possibly not immediately, since she still has more children than any of the other Duggarlings and most of her siblings, and since she seems to have at least some belief that the guilty verdict can/will be overturned. Once a couple more Duggarlings and siblings catch up/go past her, though, I think that will be an added blow.

Anna doesn't have the most kids out of her siblings. Sister Esther has 13, and Prissy will sail by her in a couple years. Prissy currently has six.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, quarks said:

t's almost as if the older kids looked at the lifestyle their parents shoved on them and all over TV/the media and said, yeah. About that? No.

The girls got all their parenting wore out of them by raising their younger siblings.    They don't want a horde of kids to look after again.    Even if they did the sister-Mom thing, they know how much it sucked and don't want to inflect it on their kids.   

You notice its the boys who seem to be going for all the babies they can, not the girls.   Because the boys know they don't have to raise them.    They are also well supported by Daddy so they don't have to figure out how to feed and house their kids.  Although you would think the older ones would remember the days before the TT House and how shoved in they all were.   

As for Jim bob and Vacant lady, I don't think they care anymore.   It was fine when they had complete control over their kids and were getting money and fame.  Now?   Whatever.  They never cared about their kids when they were raising them, they sure as hell aren't going to care about what they do as adults.   

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Anna doesn't have the most kids out of her siblings. Sister Esther has 13, and Prissy will sail by her in a couple years. Prissy currently has six.

(nods) Yes, that's what I said in my post - that she currently has more kids than most of her siblings. Not that she has more kids than all of her siblings.

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

You notice its the boys who seem to be going for all the babies they can, not the girls. 

With the interesting exceptions of John-David, who is a good five years older than the next boy down, and who presumably has clearer memories of the years before the television show, and Justin, who did marry very young, but who hasn't had kids yet two years into the marriage.

• Like 7

Oh goodness, how could I have forgotten about Joe and Kendra - yes, they have a good chance of hitting the double digits for sure.

JD and Abbie married in November of 2018 and had Gracie in January of 2020, so only 13 months later. Charlie was born in September of 2022, so 2 kids in 4 years. A boy and a girl. It'll be interesting to see if they pop out a kid by 2024.

I think 100 grandchildren will be tough to have, but not impossible. That's a little over 5 kids each. Anna has done her part with 7. Jessa, Joe and Jed and possibly Jer, if he has a combo of twin/Duggar competition, will likely have 6 or more each.

I suspect Jill and Derick will have at least one more kid. So, so far only Jana and Jinger are lowering the odds. And possibly Justin.

JB&M had 25 grandchildren in about 10 years with only half of their kids having children. In 10 more years, they could have 25 more, plus Josie will be 23 and the FF will likely be out, so there's a possibility that all 19 kids could be popping out a bunch of babies in a short amount of time starting in 2033.

The question is, will we all be typing away on these boards in 2033? Or who of us will be left in 2053 when Josie will likely have had the last Duggar grandchild by then and JB&M will be in their 80s?

• Useful 7
50 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

You forgot Joy. I can see her having 5+ kids

My guesses:

Joe - 12, Jed - 12, Jer - 10, Jessa - 8, Anna - 8, JD - 6, Josiah - 6, James - 5, Jason - 5, Jill - 4, Joy - 4, Justin - 4, Jackson - 4, Johannah - 3, Jennifer - 3, Jordyn - 3, Jinger - 3, Josie - 2 and Jana - 1. And Tyler - 2

Equals 103 or 105.

I think its all up to the older boys to have 5+ each, and/or Joe, Jed and Jer going double digits. I think Jessa is going to be the only Duggar daughter to have 4+ kids.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My guesses:

Joe - 12, Jed - 12, Jer - 10, Jessa - 8, Anna - 8, JD - 6, Josiah - 6, James - 5, Jason - 5, Jill - 4, Joy - 4, Justin - 4, Jackson - 4, Johannah - 3, Jennifer - 3, Jordyn - 3, Jinger - 3, Josie - 2 and Jana - 1. And Tyler - 2

Equals 103 or 105.

I think its all up to the older boys to have 5+ each, and/or Joe, Jed and Jer going double digits. I think Jessa is going to be the only Duggar daughter to have 4+ kids.

I think its likely one or two kids won't have any children or may only have one, I see Jana down as the one on your list (I think that is likely), but I def think JB and Michelle will hit 100+ grandchildren, the 200 JB wanted doesnt seem likely. After everything that has happened, I think JB is less attached to this "grandchild dream" and wants to enjoy his life with Michelle (I do think those two genuinely like each other) leaving the running of the TTH to Jana and now Anna who's taken over a lot since Josh has been convicted. I think JB/Michelle are older and tired and Josh has caused them a lot of stress. However they have other children to pin their hopes on, but at this point, the kids will do what they want, and they aren't too stressed as someone else will follow the dogma. 

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't see John David having six.  Abbie has hyperemesis gravidarum and I can't see him wanting to put her through that another four times.  I was actually surprised they had a second child.  I think now that they have a girl and a boy, their family is complete.  

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

When Jennifer was younger she was adamant she did not want to get married and never seemed keen on kids. One of Michelle's few interactions with the lost girls was showing them how to take care of babies using dolls.  Jenni was not having it. Though now on all the videos she seems to be carrying around one of her siblings babies. 🥲  I hope she is able to escape someday.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
28 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't see John David having six.  Abbie has hyperemesis gravidarum and I can't see him wanting to put her through that another four times.  I was actually surprised they had a second child.  I think now that they have a girl and a boy, their family is complete.  

taking my response to the JD and Abby thread.

41 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I forgot about that. I think you're right, maybe they're two and done.

• Like 3

I have been re-watching Law and Order: SVU (thanks, Peacock), and the Duggarlike episode is even creepier and more cult-like on rewatch. The episode is obviously part-Duggar/part-FLDS, but yikes. The writers even got the old-school Duggar waving for the camera. I'm surprised they gave the Michelle character a normal haircut instead of an overgrown mullet. Some of the teen girls had banana curls, though. 

By the way, the episode first aired on November 4, 2015, and Rollins mentions "what happened to the Duggars" -- clearly a reference to the molestation scandal and the Ashley Madison thing. 

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I have been re-watching Law and Order: SVU (thanks, Peacock), and the Duggarlike episode is even creepier and more cult-like on rewatch. The episode is obviously part-Duggar/part-FLDS, but yikes. The writers even got the old-school Duggar waving for the camera. I'm surprised they gave the Michelle character a normal haircut instead of an overgrown mullet. Some of the teen girls had banana curls, though. 

By the way, the episode first aired on November 4, 2015, and Rollins mentions "what happened to the Duggars" -- clearly a reference to the molestation scandal and the Ashley Madison thing. 

Could you share the episode title? I haven’t seen this one. 

I've not seen the episode, but I do wonder how various family members feel about being turned into an SVU episode.  I'm sure some of the weirder ones like James think it's funny, but I wonder how someone like JD or Jill feels about it.  I would be mortified, but I didn't grow up in this twisted environment, so who knows what the kids think.  For that matter, who knows what JB thinks about it.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I've not seen the episode, but I do wonder how various family members feel about being turned into an SVU episode.  I'm sure some of the weirder ones like James think it's funny, but I wonder how someone like JD or Jill feels about it.  I would be mortified, but I didn't grow up in this twisted environment, so who knows what the kids think.  For that matter, who knows what JB thinks about it.

The episode is inspired by the Duggars, but it quickly goes into a different direction that has little to do with the known family history of them.  It's an episode that features a fundamentalist family with a TV show, but that is dealt with in the first act.  It's not an old school "ripped from the headlines" Law & Order episode.  The crime at the center is not something that any of Josh's victims experienced.  Also once the perp is unmasked, the parents are definitely not JB and Michelle.  

Spoiler

The episode revolves around the daughter of a Duggar like family finding out she's pregnant.  None of her male relatives are the father.  Her rapist is the family's minister.  The minister offers to "help" the family by marrying her to cover up her "sin." There's a bit about how in NY a girl can get married at 14 with parental approval and the parents want this until the SUV squad reveals the preacher is the father of the unborn baby.  The parents immediately rescind their approval of the marriage because they realize a crime was committed by the minister and he needs to be arrested.  To them, rape is a bigger sin than having a unmarried daughter pregnant.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

After reading the spoiler, that is definitely not the Duggars.  Sadly it's an idealized version of fundies who would probably not react that way in real life.  I still wonder how some of the family members feel given that they were at least partly the inspiration for the episode in question.

• Like 5

Hmm, I knew the hallway outside the girls bedroom had a camera, but I never noticed these before. These pics are from when Jordyn and Josie were babies, so over a dozen years ago.

image.png.9c3fb1b13a77707bdbf45431c3265764.pngimage.png.d380854564b37e1158cd718a98c39615.png

• Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1