Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Last night WOACB (I know)  posted about this and I see the Sun and a couple other magazines picked up.  No one has found out what the follow up was for yet.  Curious.  Hope someone finds out soon. JB's head must be exploding (again).

• Like 12

I also found it interesting they showed up on a Sunday morning for something that's, per some of the other reporting, apparently coded as a follow-up. I'd think a follow-up visit would ordinarily be a Monday to Friday, 9-5 visit instead, but that is totally just a guess. 

• Like 14

They have multiple buildings and dwellings on the property now.

I think Joe, Jana and Jer have actual houses on the property.

The big warehouse and the warehome have different street addresses from the main house, but all the rest have the same address as the TTH.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
59 minutes ago, Zella said:

I also found it interesting they showed up on a Sunday morning for something that's, per some of the other reporting, apparently coded as a follow-up. I'd think a follow-up visit would ordinarily be a Monday to Friday, 9-5 visit instead, but that is totally just a guess. 

When I was on call nights and on weekends it was not unusual for a SW to ask me to do a follow up after hours. Just when you are not expected. If that is what really happened. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
16 minutes ago, SMama said:

When I was on call nights and on weekends it was not unusual for a SW to ask me to do a follow up after hours. Just when you are not expected. If that is what really happened. 

That makes sense--thank you! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

They were probably already headed to church. What an odd time to make a call.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

I wonder if it had anything to do with Jana and the M child who wandered away?

Jana settles that out of court. I am pretty sure she paid her fines. If not, well, it's been a while. 

I have absolutely no clue why the sheriff showed up on their doorstep at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. Weird.

• Like 10

Was there something mentioned about CPS checking on the M's occasionally in relation to Josh's case?  Something about the kids needing to be interviewed?  I don't remember exactly, but that seems to ring some kind of bell.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

It is odd the address shown on the police response is not the TTH, the warehouse or the warehome. Property search shows nothing for that address.

The duggar adults with other houses on the property all use the TTH address for voting, so it would seem have no seperate address. Anna is listed in voter records at the warehome address.

The address # falls between the TH and the warehome. Maybe the police paid a visit to Jase in the tree house or James in his tin shed.😂

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 3

Maybe James isn't a licensed gun owner and he was caught by posting a picture of an assault rifle by his bed. Maybe all these outbuildings aren't permitted as dwellings. Maybe DCF and the cops are getting repeated complaints/calls/reports since SHP aired.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
19 hours ago, Zella said:

All but JimBob

• Like 4

Perhaps someone in the family reported a crime and it was a follow up to that? I’d rather think that, rather than it being something else this family has done to break a law.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Perhaps someone in the family reported a crime and it was a follow up to that? I’d rather think that, rather than it being something else this family has done to break a law.

If it weren't the Duggars, my assumption would be they may well have called about something else. But they don't seem to report anything because they'd rather handle it internally. And I don't think their takeaway from Josh's trial or Jana's issue was to be proactive in calling either. 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe all these outbuildings aren't permitted as dwellings.

This sounds plausible.  its one thing to put up a bunch of sheds on property.   But if you start adding plumbing and electrical and people live there, then you need permits and it needs to be zoned as a multi-family.   

But its more likely related to care of the kids in some way.   

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I’m surprised they allowed LE in the property. There esas been a visit years ago and they either said they were not home, or denied entry. I’m fuzzy on the details. Could it be JB’s influence with local LE is gone? 

13 minutes ago, SMama said:

I’m surprised they allowed LE in the property. There esas been a visit years ago and they either said they were not home, or denied entry. I’m fuzzy on the details. Could it be JB’s influence with local LE is gone? 

I recall them denying DCF entry once. Also, they had a hard time subpoenaing JB to appear at the FF's trial. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
7 hours ago, SMama said:

Could it be JB’s influence with local LE is gone? 

I've heard that the family isn't popular with the locals, and perhaps that extends to local LE.  Perhaps it was a gentle reminder to whoever has control of Josh's finances about his past-due $50,000 fine.  Possibly a non-JB fan thought it would really bug him if they showed up early on a Sunday morning.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It is being reported the police visit was to inform him his uncle, Mary's brother, Tom Lester, had died of natural causes that morning. His uncle is survived by his husband.  So not sure why they had to go inform JB. I did not know Mary had a gay brother.

Edited by auntieminem
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 10
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, auntieminem said:

It is being reported the police visit was to inform him his uncle, Mary's brother, had died. His uncle is survived by his husband.  So not sure why they had to go inform JB. I did not know Mary had a gay brother.

I wouldn't be surprised if neither the husband or JB would speak to each other.

• Like 12
11 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

So not sure why they had to go inform JB. 

It’s not unusual for law enforcement, in the survivor’s home area, to deliver the notification in person. Someone had to  have given his name.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

The only places I have seen it so far are WOACB and Reddit had gotten info with a FOIA so you can check out there if you want details.  The did post the redacted report.  I wonder why the police would tell him. Was no one else in the family talking to them?  According to WOAB Deanna and Amy said they  did not know what was going on. 

Curious that Michelle's sister was not a big secret but never heard about JB's uncle before this. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Now it's being reported that per the obituary, Ben Seewald, homophobe that he is, is officiating the funeral. 

WTF???

I was just coming to say that. Odd choice and I am surprised Ben would do it. 

He was a veteran. Oh, I hope Ben can keep from being a pious a-hole. 

Edited by auntieminem
removed obit, it felt too invasive
  • Like 17
(edited)

If Deanna and Amy didn’t know, does that mean only JB got a notification in person? Why is he so special? 

Too bad if JB feels uncomfortable with Deanna and Amy there. It’s her uncle as well. JB and Michele spent decades bad mouthing Deanna for having a child out of wedlock. All as part of “their” testimony. While they were aiding and abetting their pedophile monster, even at the cost of their four daughters. Deanna and Amy have the right to their own opinions, and where and how they share them. Karma is a bitch.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

It is being reported the police visit was to inform him his uncle, Mary's brother, Tom Lester, had died of natural causes that morning. His uncle is survived by his husband.  So not sure why they had to go inform JB. I did not know Mary had a gay brother.

I don't understand why they would inform JB. If JB was the only family left, I could see it but the guy had a partner. The husband would inform the family if he wants to.

Maybe the uncle lives in state that doesn't recognize gay marriage?

• Like 7

I still don't understand why JB would make the arraignments as he has a husband. According to WOACB, Deanna told her she did not find out about the death until today online. So JB was notified on Sun. morning and he went ahead and made arrangements and did not tell her.  I feel so bad for the husband. Apparently there are other living siblings, I wonder if the whole family was estranged from him. I hope there is someone there for his husband that will support him. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don't understand why they would inform JB. If JB was the only family left, I could see it but the guy had a partner. The husband would inform the family if he wants to.

Maybe the uncle lives in state that doesn't recognize gay marriage?

Currently same sex marriage is legal in all 50 states.  If the Supreme Court overturned the Obergefell decision, the Respect for Marriage Act passed late last year means that all states have to respect a marriage legal in another state even though that state might choose to forbid it.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

JB probably stopped speaking to his uncle the second he came out. We know he's a bigot like that.

A truly awful excuse for a human being. Sickening. 

Now it's being reported that per the obituary, Ben Seewald, homophobe that he is, is officiating the funeral. 

WTF???

Just disgusting. I’m literally nauseated. 

Probably couldn't get anyone else at the last minute. I guess the couple didn't attend church, for whatever reason.

Why do they need a church at all then?

• Like 10
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Tom must have listed JB as next of kin, I guess after Mary died? 

eta I think he was local.

Why JB and not Deanna? I agree with others that this makes no sense. 

• Like 8
38 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Currently same sex marriage is legal in all 50 states.  If the Supreme Court overturned the Obergefell decision, the Respect for Marriage Act passed late last year means that all states have to respect a marriage legal in another state even though that state might choose to forbid it.

Thank you for the info. I’m not American and with everything going on in your country, I didn’t know if it was legal everywhere.

Could it be possible that the husband is incapacitated? That could be a reason as to why JB is involved. But it’s disguting & disrespectful that JB is taking care of the funeral and has homophobic Ben doing it.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

I imagine that JB's uncle wanted a religious funeral, and being brought up Baptist, he wasn't comfortable with the churches that allow gay marriage.  I believe Ben is SBC so not quite the same as IFB, and hopefully he will keep homophobic opinions out of the service.

• Like 1
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

I imagine that JB's uncle wanted a religious funeral, and being brought up Baptist, he wasn't comfortable with the churches that allow gay marriage.  I believe Ben is SBC so not quite the same as IFB, and hopefully he will keep homophobic opinions out of the service.

He can't keep his homophobia out of his sermons. I am dubious.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Given that JB’s uncle was elderly, I’m assuming his husband is as well. Maybe the husband is unwell or incapacitated (dementia etc) and is incapable of handling the funeral arrangements etc. I had never heard of this brother either, he probably wanted to stay far away from the circus and live his life in peace. 

• Like 12
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Given that JB’s uncle was elderly, I’m assuming his husband is as well. Maybe the husband is unwell or incapacitated (dementia etc) and is incapable of handling the funeral arrangements etc. I had never heard of this brother either, he probably wanted to stay far away from the circus and live his life in peace. 

The uncle was 75, and his husband is 72. The husband tried to get Tom to go to the hospital the previous evening, but he refused. He was afraid that he'd be turned over to assisted living. As near as I can ascertain, he was early stage Alzheimer's, but died of cardiac arrest. It seems as if the husband was in decent enough health if he could drive Tom to the hospital.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 12

The uncle was 75, and his husband is 72. The husband tried to get Tom to go to the hospital the previous evening, but he refused. He was afraid that he'd be turned over to assisted living. As near as I can ascertain, he was early stage Alzheimer's, but died of cardiac arrest. It seems as if the husband was in decent enough health if he could drive Tom to the hospital.

In that case, then there must be some relationship between JB, Tom and the husband.  

Deanna is really not the most reliable source and she may have been estranged from Tom as well. Maybe Tom wanted her cut out too. 

I don't trust any of them... 

• Like 8