Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I'm sure that Jana stored all relevant birthdates in Mechelle's phone. After all, DFO does manage to post birthday wishes on the correct day. Of course, cynic that I am, I think that Jana makes the majority of the posts on that page.

• Love 5
On 8/17/2018 at 6:15 PM, DragonFaerie said:

So Boob added this - there are 5 photos.  

Yea a fun weekend riding through what looks like Poison Ivy!  A horse rescue group should check out some of those horses.  Does Fort Rock's insurance not REQUIRE the kids to wear helmets?   Boob, M'chelle is upset you haven't been keeping up on your teeth whitening.  Countenance is important after all.  And lay off the hairspray and get yourself a good moisturizer for those crow's feet.  

Ok snark on Boob aside, the camp was $300.  Plus an additional $100 for each adult and kid over 13.  I see Jackson and Tyler, and in TFDW's photos there was Jason as well.  If he took Justin and James as well that would be a grand total of $900 for a weekend to ride old horses and stuff.  Plus Smugger was there with the oldest male M child -I'm guessing Boob splurged on those 2 as well , so we're over $1,000.  Dude, there are so many other things you could have done with those kids for cheaper and probably had a better time, and less poison ivy.

I have an answer to this. Camp Fort Rock does not provide helmets, but campers can bring their own.  They have rules regarding age and weight of the riders, but advertise that helmets are not provided. I agree with @BitterApple this is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

(Source of this info was the Camp Fort Rock website under horseback riding, and I saw it on FJ.)

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Camp Fort Rock does not provide helmets, but campers can bring their own. 

Good lord, I need a nap. I just read this as: "Fort Rock does not provide helpmeets . . . "

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I have an answer to this. Camp Fort Rock does not provide helmets, but campers can bring their own.  They have rules regarding age and weight of the riders, but advertise that helmets are not provided. I agree with @BitterApple this is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

(Source of this info was the Camp Fort Rock website under horseback riding, and I saw it on FJ.)

Why on earth would they provide helmets? They don’t provide freakin’ sheets, pillows or blankets FFS!

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Why on earth would they provide helmets? They don’t provide freakin’ sheets, pillows or blankets FFS!

Liability.

FR: "We offered him/her a helmet, but he/she MADE HIS/HER OWN CHOICE not to wear it."

Lawyer: "Okay, you're off the hook for your client's head injury or paralysis." 

Or something like that. Perhaps Lawyer Dullard can enlighten us. 

(Forgive the graceless gender pronouns. I'm trying to be PC as well as grammatically correct, but sometimes it's awkward no matter how it's written.) 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's actually the preferred usage now with fluid gender and whatnot.

I’m old. It is sooooo awkward. I really try to be up to date on correct cultural verbiage, but they/them will probably always mean more than one to me. I wish they had come up with a new word to signify someone who is gender fluid.

Edited by Love2dance
Grammar
  • Love 16

Gramatically it's correct for singlular usage. It's been common usage when gender is unknown forever. eg: "Does anyone know left their bag behind?" "No, I didn't see them." "Well if they come back, I'm sure they'll ask about it."

Back to JB & Michelle, they really have been remarkably lucky with the kids, considering how they disregard safety at just about every turn.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Temperance said:

I tend to think Michelle saying Jill was the oldest was more of a forgetful moment than a deliberate snub. I think it shows she always been spacey and relatively out-of-it.

And she has so many kids and she's never been the least bit interested in them as individuals. I'll bet that she's always mixed up their birth order and called kids by the wrong names, although she probably makes more of an effort when the cameras are rolling. I seem to recall that back in the early days (maybe on one of their Today Show appearances?), Jim Bob was challenged on camera to rattle off all his kids' names and he couldn't remember them all.

• Love 6

From Pickles today:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1704593329639469&id=269181913180625&anchor_composer=false

I already knew about Boob and the church elders shaving Josh's head, but I didn't know they threatened to shave the head of his victim if he resisted. I take everything from Pickles with a grain of salt, but if it's true then it's really sick.

I'm also curious about this *alleged* betrothal of Jana that fell through when she was a teen. I'm not saying it's outside the realm of possibility because they did the same with Josh, but I doubt she'd be bitter over it a decade later. Pickles wouldn't reveal who the family was, she just said it wasn't a Bates boy. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

From Pickles today:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1704593329639469&id=269181913180625&anchor_composer=false

I already knew about Boob and the church elders shaving Josh's head, but I didn't know they threatened to shave the head of his victim if he resisted. I take everything from Pickles with a grain of salt, but if it's true then it's really sick.

I'm also curious about this *alleged* betrothal of Jana that fell through when she was a teen. I'm not saying it's outside the realm of possibility because they did the same with Josh, but I doubt she'd be bitter over it a decade later. Pickles wouldn't reveal who the family was, she just said it wasn't a Bates boy. 

The only reason I'd doubt the head shaving story is that I don't think Josh gave a tiny rat's heinie about the girl he molested and I can't see him cooperating with the elders so they wouldn't shave her head, too.  Now, blaming her for the molestation; that I believe.

• Love 21
On 8/12/2018 at 7:56 AM, ginger90 said:

By then, Jana was in a mother role, correct? I would say that played a part. 

Jana also prepared all of the food.  Josh probably was afraid she'd spit in his food (or worse).  You never mess with the person who prepares the food. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

“Church elders” in a tiny home church?

They weren't home churching when Josh was molesting siblings.  They were attending a regular IFB church.  Their home venture was later.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They weren't home churching when Josh was molesting siblings.  They were attending a regular IFB church.  Their home venture was later.

Interesting. Has it ever been speculated the molestation and subsequent police involvement were the catalyst for them leaving that church?

• Love 3

Is shaving a boy's hair some kind of scarlet letter? It seems an odd punishment. I also find it odd that Josh cared much about his hair after being shamed in front of the entire church, never mind the fact that a lot of boys wore their hair shaved because it was in style.

Is Pickles losing FBers and wanting to drum up interest?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2

Volderjosh and family are conveniently on the far right, and can easily be cropped out of the picture. Derick, a plain T-shirt, really? Everyone is casually dressed, but man, would it kill you to wear a polo? I hope that wasn’t the pit stained T-shirt.

• Love 23
17 minutes ago, SMama said:

Volderjosh and family are conveniently on the far right, and can easily be cropped out of the picture. 

I noticed the same thing. They even left a little space between them and everyone else for cropping. What an odd family the Duggars are.

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, SMama said:

Everyone is casually dressed, but man, would it kill you to wear a polo?

And then you've got Jeremy in a sport coat. 

I don't mind just a button down shirt, but the should have been tucked in.

Why would anyone thing a t shirt is at all appropriate for a special occasion?

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

They even left a little space between them and everyone else for cropping. 

I noticed that too. There's enough space between Kendra and the Smuggs that they could crop the photo without it being obvious someone was edited out.

And good grief, Josh is huge. At this rate he'll have his first heart attack at 35. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, McManda said:

And then you've got Jeremy in a sport coat. 

I don't mind just a button down shirt, but the should have been tucked in.

Why would anyone thing a t shirt is at all appropriate for a special occasion?

Jeremy comes from the normal world where a dress rehearsal/rehearsal dinner is considered a no t-shirt/ no jeans occasion. Especially if family photos will be taken. 

I notice that Abbie is in this photo.   Directly behind Jim Bob where she can’t be cropped out. They were much farther along with their relationship than what they made public. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 18
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

And good grief, Josh is huge. At this rate he'll have his first heart attack at 35. 

11 hours ago, LilJen said:

Perhaps this is Anna's hope. . . 

Either the heart attack, or she'll keep feeding him so that eventually he'll become eligible for a spot on My 600 Pound Life. 

• Love 11
On 8/21/2018 at 12:51 AM, Love2dance said:

I’m old. It is sooooo awkward. I really try to be up to date on correct cultural verbiage, but they/them will probably always mean more than one to me. I wish they had come up with a new word to signify someone who is gender fluid.

This was new to me when I read about it today. I am cool with things but they/them means more than on person. I agree, is there something new we could use, its confusing. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Either the heart attack, or she'll keep feeding him so that eventually he'll become eligible for a spot on My 600 Pound Life. 

Or he'll have a heart attack/stroke and poor Anna will have to nurse him for the rest of their lives.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

This was new to me when I read about it today. I am cool with things but they/them means more than on person. I agree, is there something new we could use, its confusing. 

Usage of 'they' as a singular goes back to the 1300s. While it is new in terms of non-binary people, it has long been common usage for referring to just one person.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/singular-nonbinary-they

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Or he'll have a heart attack/stroke and poor Anna will have to nurse him for the rest of their lives.

I wonder if Anna is encouraging Smug to eat all he wants thinking it will make him less attractive to other women. When JoshUa is a big fat greasy blob he'll finally be all her's.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Person 1: “I saw someone at the post office and they asked about you.”

Person 2: “Oh, what did they say?”

• Love 4
On 8/29/2018 at 5:55 PM, ginger90 said:

7D6C5464-083A-44CA-94F3-FB1728197394.jpeg

Why is Hannie still wearing leggings under her skirt? She’s old enough to have received the traditional purity ring and the father-daughter date event. Doesn’t this make her old enough to know how to sit in a dress?  

• Love 1
On 8/29/2018 at 3:55 PM, ginger90 said:

7D6C5464-083A-44CA-94F3-FB1728197394.jpeg

Pedantic point: unless they wore their wedding clothes, it's not a dress rehearsal. It's a wedding rehearsal. Considering that weddings and birthing babies are the only activities that matter to these fools, you'd think they'd know the language.

• Love 12

The dress Michelle is wearing at the wedding rehearsal looks 1000 times better than that pink monstrosity she wore for the wedding. I realize it’s white, but maybe she could have worn it with a pretty colored jacket.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Why is Hannie still wearing leggings under her skirt? She’s old enough to have received the traditional purity ring and the father-daughter date event. Doesn’t this make her old enough to know how to sit in a dress?  

None of the Lost Girls or M-girls know how to sit in a dress, largely because they always wear leggings so it's not an issue. It doesn't matter whether or not someone is old enough to know something, if they haven't been taught they're not going to know it. Michelle hasn't taught her daughters anything for the last 20 years and Jana's got enough to do running the house, I don't think she's up to giving lessons in deportment as well.

• Love 12

I had a strange dream about the Duggars Friday morning. I am having a hard time remembering it. I think JB was either hitting on me, trying to recruit me, trying to convince me to agree with his beliefs or trying to get me in the family picture. Freaky!!!

16 minutes ago, SMama said:

Why is Volderjosh featured? I know it’s not TLC, but damn, spare us the nausea.

They needed Josh and the Mkids to bulk up the numbers. The crowd of well-wishers surrounding Michelle seems to be dwindling every year as her children grow older and run out of fucks to give. 

Did anyone else notice that Jana literally gives the same speech for every Michelle-centered video? "Blah blah blah...time you spend with us....late night talks...blah blah blah." I wonder if she has cue cards in her drawer to whip out as a refresher?

Eta: just rewatched and it's hilarious the way Jordyn is absent-mindedly staring at her nails as Jana spews lines of b.s. That kid's gonna be the one to eventually spill the tea, mark my words.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

Which of them said 'Ew' when JB and Michelle kissed at the beginning?

Couldn't figure it out, although I did hear it! Did any of you notice how Michelle turned away at the end so that JB kissed her cheek?

The marrieds weren't there (except for Josh, but no Anna, interesting), but also...no James.

Of the married couples, only the Dillards posted their own video so far.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

They needed Josh and the Mkids to bulk up the numbers. The crowd of well-wishers surrounding Michelle seems to be dwindling every year as her children grow older and run out of fucks to give. 

Did anyone else notice that Jana literally gives the same speech for every Michelle-centered video? "Blah blah blah...time you spend with us....late night talks...blah blah blah." I wonder if she has cue cards in her drawer to whip out as a refresher?

Eta: just rewatched and it's hilarious the way Jordyn is absent-mindedly staring at her nails as Jana spews lines of b.s. That kid's gonna be the one to eventually spill the tea, mark my words.

Oh, I hope so.  Jordyn is my favorite.  She ran out of fucks to give almost from birth!

• Love 7