Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Is Big Sandy a homeschool gathering? They must only have 6 or 7 school age kids left. I'm thinking it wouldn't even benefit JD & Jana in prospecting for mates if it's a bunch of parents with their children. And Jessa's and Jill's kids are a little young.

The Duggars are no longer special at these events. They'll blend in like every other Fundy family, yet JB & M will be a bit older than the average parent there.

Jana and JD should plan a kegger while the family is away.

• Love 16

I'm sure Jana and Laura are stuck going because someone needs to cook and babysit while Boob and Michelle are off socializing, but I imagine most of the marrieds are staying home. Joy just had a baby, Kendra is heavily pregnant, no one wants the Dullards around and Jessa's only interests in Texas are Jinger and the Gainses. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

It looks like they just opened the back door and just threw things in with no thought of organization.  And did the only fresh thing they get was unripe bananas?  And are they next to 2 cans of lysol???

That mess made me stabby.  How can you unpack that easily with it all just tossed in there willy nilly?  No wonder their house always looks like shit.  They obviously don't care about their belongings.  Well, actually one could also say the same sentence about their kids.  Take some GD pride in whatever task you are given ffs.  It seems to me whoever packed that van doesn't expect to have to do the unpacking.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm a cart sorter lady at the store.  Frozen food together, produce together, meat together, non-food together, etc., so when I throw it up on the belt, it's grouped logically and bagged the way I want it.  I also try and remember my reusable bags.

ODG, that is what I do. Usually my grocery bagger “gets it” and bags it correctly. I run into trouble when Husband has to go grocery shopping with me - due to unforeseen circumstances like the weather, or he is bored, or whatever. He thinks he is helping and unloads everything from the cart at once. Um, no. Just back away and let me do my thing. 

• Love 17

That picture looks like the "Before"m picture when they sell those trunk organizers on QVC. They should splurge & get some.  Can't believe they packed that way.  Not even one of them thought to bring bags when they knew they were going to buy that much.  2 cans of Lysol isn't going to do it with that group.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

That picture looks like the "Before"m picture when they sell those trunk organizers on QVC. They should splurge & get some.  Can't believe they packed that way.  Not even one of them thought to bring bags when they knew they were going to buy that much.  2 cans of Lysol isn't going to do it with that group.  

Lmfaooo, my mother is a QVC addict and she bought my sister and I a set of those trunk organizers for Christmas. I can't remember the brand, but they're awesome. My sister has a gigantic SUV so the compartments prevent groceries from rolling all over the back of her car.

• Love 6
On 5/2/2018 at 6:07 PM, cmr2014 said:

This is the entire premise of their entire goddamn show -- that ran for TEN YEARS. "Look at how much food it takes to feed our giant army of a family!" It was boring before, but at least the kids were cute. It's just so far beyond uninteresting now that I can't believe they still post photos like this.

That having been said, I don't know how many of them went. or how long they stayed, but to me -- to be honest -- that doesn't look like enough food. There are a dozen cans of water, 15 bananas, a couple of boxes of cereal, some crackers, etc. I really don't think that those kids get enough to eat, and what they do eat is mostly garbage.

It looks like a car from Hoarders.  It wouldn't surprise me if there is a nest of rats in there.

• Love 6

I'm sure they still took the Stink Bus. They need something to live in.  Hoping Jana gets to drive so she can zone everyone out & just  concentrate on the driving.  Like others have said, the picture was to show the world they are still the only large family that buys a lot of food incl bananas- "see we do eat fruit."   My weekly load of grocery items for a family of three would look like that if it wasn't boxed or bagged in my recycle  bags. 

The  Duggar guybots needs to get themselves off the sofas & help with the organization & packing.  Jessa (or was it Jinge that was the family packer?) could give them lessons.  I'm hoping they are like most people and  are waiting to  buy the majority of items at a local store when they get to their destination instead of hauling it all down there.  You're not impressing us at all MEchelle. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

On an episode of Bringing Up Bates, the family was getting ready to take a trip and Kelly rounded up the kids and told them they needed to pack x-number of outfits, pairs of socks, underwear etc., however each child packed their own bag, including the boys. I don't understand why the Duggars can't adopt a similar philosphy. I've never seen a family that allows their sons to be so damn lazy.

While I'm only one of three, my mom has employed a similar system ever since I can remember. Before a family trip, she would print out a packing list for each of us kids, and we were in charge of laying out and packing our clothing and toiletries according to that list. My mom demonstrated how to roll up our clothing and put it in our suitcases, and all of us could pack our stuff on our own by age six or seven.

• Love 10

I am really hoping that this is the local store because I think 2 containers in the green box are yogurt or perhaps cottage cheese, and they're just thrown in a box, not a cooler.  Yes, I am one of those people that sort my groceries when putting them up on the line at the grocery store.  It's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of Raley's and Trader Joe's by us, because the end of the carts fold down and the checker just grabs out of the basket and scans it, thus putting everything just willy nilly in the bags.  I like my fridge and freezer together, and my veggies adn fruits together in the bags, makes it super easy to unload.  

• Love 11

Haha...I am probably more on the end of the Despicable Duggars here...Other than mostly trying to put the heavier things, and those which might need to stay frozen at the beginning of the belt, I don't pay that much attention. And especially when shopping at BJ's/Costco, I always manage to forget my big bags at home, so I just pack it in the back of the car in the most semi-jigsaw-puzzle efficient way, then retrieve my bags when I get home and pack all the bits and pieces as they come out of the car and lug them in. And as far as the bags from a regular grocery store, since I don't tend to do huge amounts of shopping all at once, no matter what order I might have put them on the belt, I'll probably drag them all inside in one fell swoop. Possibly two. But in any case they are all going to end up on the kitchen table no matter what order they were bagged in, and I'll put it away from that point.

• Love 6

It's hard to tell what's in the car other than "food" but, other than the bananas and possibly some cottage cheese or yogurt, there's (again) no fresh food. When there were a dozen small kids in the house, you could make a case for all of the pre-packaged and processed foods that they ate, but the kids are all school-age and older and there are tons of adults in the house. Nobody has a thing to do all day, so maybe SOMEBODY in that house of indolent blobs could learn to cook. As we've discussed many times in the past, it's cheaper to feed a large family actual food than it is to make everyone single serving oatmeal pouches, or make another "casserole" from canned soup and frozen potatoes.

I realize that they're going on a trip, and making big pots of mashed potatoes and roasting whole turkeys isn't really an option, but it doesn't look like their choices are especially good for the sort of semi-camping that they'll be doing, either. They've been doing this for a long time now, and they still can't figure out to take boxes with them to the store, or how many bananas x number of people will eat in y days, or how many boxes of macaroni and cheese will they really need? They just bought a bunch of crap and tossed it in the car, and away they go.

• Love 11

Okay, I loathe JB and Michelle with the heat of a thousand suns. But. That post and photo seem to be just a quick snap as they'd loaded the car at the store and were heading home with their purchases.

I've traveled a lot and I'm a careful packer of my suitcases and, on road trips, my car. But - I confess - I don't strategize and agonize over how I put the goods in the car to get them home from the store. Well, beyond the obvious of the heavy stuff on the bottom and the fragile stuff protected from random damage, and keeping the cargo area clean so I'm not plopping bags and boxes down on dirt. I can't throw shade over what's in that vehicle (or what's not; we can't see everything) or how it's arranged.

That post IMO was just tossing crumbs at their core of leghumper fans, who probably still think of the Duggars as the super-huge super-righteous super-organized family that TLC sold to gullible viewers ten years ago. "See, we're still special!! We are a BIG family!! Did we mention, we have NINETEEN KIDS??" Or whatever their current refrain is; aren't JB and Michelle, who still have minor kids at home, now proudly counting their grandchildren? Instead of, oh, maybe speaking with pride of the children they still have at home? 

Lord. I started out just to comment about the picture of the car. And ended up in a rant. That kind of happens when I'm talking about that couple. Aargh.

• Love 18
39 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Okay, I loathe JB and Michelle with the heat of a thousand suns. But. That post and photo seem to be just a quick snap as they'd loaded the car at the store and were heading home with their purchases.

I've traveled a lot and I'm a careful packer of my suitcases and, on road trips, my car. But - I confess - I don't strategize and agonize over how I put the goods in the car to get them home from the store. Well, beyond the obvious of the heavy stuff on the bottom and the fragile stuff protected from random damage, and keeping the cargo area clean so I'm not plopping bags and boxes down on dirt. I can't throw shade over what's in that vehicle (or what's not; we can't see everything) or how it's arranged.

That post IMO was just tossing crumbs at their core of leghumper fans, who probably still think of the Duggars as the super-huge super-righteous super-organized family that TLC sold to gullible viewers ten years ago. "See, we're still special!! We are a BIG family!! Did we mention, we have NINETEEN KIDS??" Or whatever their current refrain is; aren't JB and Michelle, who still have minor kids at home, now proudly counting their grandchildren? Instead of, oh, maybe speaking with pride of the children they still have at home? 

Lord. I started out just to comment about the picture of the car. And ended up in a rant. That kind of happens when I'm talking about that couple. Aargh.

You're right, and I get your point, but . . .

There's a difference between "not agonizing" over the position of everything, and just tossing things into the back. They have been on television for 10+ years showing us all of their special tricks and skills in managing SOOOOO MANY children. This is the whole premise of 1X Kids and Counting, and this has been their schtick for 10+ years. So, I would ask 1) why are they still so disorganized after so many years of doing this? 2) The kids are all older now, and most are adults, why do the groceries look like they were loaded by little children carrying one thing at a time? 3) None of these people work so, again, why is everything they do such a sloppy, disorganized mess?

• Love 9

I think they probably went to an Aldi local to Big Sandy.

The way it’s all in there still makes me “quiver”.

Do all of the attendees have to bring their own food? How long is this trip?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I totally agree. I love Aldi and I am far more likely to forget my bags than to remember them, too.

• Love 1

Yes, I remember their earlier 'shtick' was that there were so  many of them and 'oh, how organized' they had to become. Remember the chore chart and the home schooling schedule? If everyone had a housekeeping 'jurisdiction' and they were on this great schedule, why were they and are they now so disorganized, late and living in a filthy house? I think their 'schedule' was  just for the TV show. Clearly, they have NEVER been organized and clean.....not to mention, ON TIME.

• Love 15
(edited)
18 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

tYou're right, and I get your point, but . . .

There's a difference between "not agonizing" over the position of everything, and just tossing things into the back. They have been on television for 10+ years showing us all of their special tricks and skills in managing SOOOOO MANY children. This is the whole premise of 1X Kids and Counting, and this has been their schtick for 10+ years. So, I would ask 1) why are they still so disorganized after so many years of doing this? 2) The kids are all older now, and most are adults, why do the groceries look like they were loaded by little children carrying one thing at a time? 3) None of these people work so, again, why is everything they do such a sloppy, disorganized mess?

How so? Does It really matter how they pack their car?

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/7/2018 at 2:40 PM, floridamom said:

Yes, I remember their earlier 'shtick' was that there were so  many of them and 'oh, how organized' they had to become. Remember the chore chart and the home schooling schedule? If everyone had a housekeeping 'jurisdiction' and they were on this great schedule, why were they and are they now so disorganized, late and living in a filthy house? I think their 'schedule' was  just for the TV show. Clearly, they have NEVER been organized and clean.....not to mention, ON TIME.

They said they were clean and organized, but they never really tried to be on-time. The schedule was more of checklist and they checked off things as they did them. (Which is a strategy I sometimes try to use myself). However for as long as I can remember they had Duggar time, which was always later than the thing was scheduled. They even bragged about how understanding and accommodating other people were for them, because they had so many children. 

Edited by Temperance
typo
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/7/2018 at 7:53 PM, Temperance said:

They said they were clean and organized, but they never really tried to be on-time. The schedule was more of checklist and they checked off things as they did them. (Which is a strategy I sometimes try to use myself). However for as long as I can remember they had Duggar time, which was always later than the thing was scheduled. They even bragged about how understanding and accommodating other people were for them, because they had so many children. 

It does take a long time to get a large group of people set up to go on the road though, like the proverbial wrangling of cats, which is always thrown into stark relief for me whenever I travel somewhere with my parents, sibling, and sibling's spouse.  Just wrangling 5 people - "has everyone gone to the bathroom?  Are you sure?  Okay, how long ago?  Joe, why are your shoes off?  They were on just two minutes ago.  Put them on or we can't get out the front door." "My feet got hot." "Does it look like any of us will need umbrellas?  Anyone checked the weather forecast?" etc. - can amass itself into a chore.  

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4

"Duggar time" is just an excuse for their rude, unthoughtful behavior.  It's not like they suddenly woke up one morning with 19 children.  They KNOW they run late with so many kids.  Plan accordingly, adjust your timing, and show up 15-20 minutes before an event/outing.  Like normal people do.  

That picture makes me twitch.  One of our local grocery stores uses two different colored bags.  One is for cold/frozen items, and the other is for everything else.  When we go shopping, we always put frozen items first, then cold, and the rest is sorted by size/weight and placed together.  Anything squishable is put at the very end.  We also load the belt with everything up against the same side the cashier is on, so he/she does not have to reach stuff.  It gives us the best chance of keeping like-things together.  Both of us worked as cashiers in grocery stores, and we do whatever we can to make things easier for the cashier and most efficient for us.

• Love 16

I admit to being a bit picky about how my groceries are bagged. I always bagged my own. Then someone without this trait decided to put in the carousel type bagging apparatus. At one of the grocery stores I go to, the cashier puts the items directly into the bags in front of them and puts the bags in the cart. I prefer Aldi’s way, all do it yourself.

• Love 1

My bet is Michelle & Jim Bob are just fine with their groceries tossed in the van any old way because THEY don't have to be involved in the process. I seriously doubt they planned the menus, wrote out a shopping list, went shopping, or have anything to do with that food besides maybe eating it. 

• Love 12
On 5/7/2018 at 11:40 AM, floridamom said:

The only organized thing in that house that I can remember seeing was the pantry because Jim Boob made them do it like a grocery store.  They have been taught organizational skills in a sense, they just are too lazy to apply it to all aspects of their lives.  

• Love 6

Sometimes I separate, sometimes I don't. The grocery store I go to has a very well-meaning girl with Down's Syndrome who works as a bagger. The last time I went through her line she put two big bottles of cranberry juice on top of a loaf of bread, so whenever I see her I try to group things together. Otherwise it depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

• Love 3
On 5/3/2018 at 7:04 AM, GeeGolly said:

Is Big Sandy a homeschool gathering? They must only have 6 or 7 school age kids left. I'm thinking it wouldn't even benefit JD & Jana in prospecting for mates if it's a bunch of parents with their children. And Jessa's and Jill's kids are a little young.

The Duggars are no longer special at these events. They'll blend in like every other Fundy family, yet JB & M will be a bit older than the average parent there.

Jana and JD should plan a kegger while the family is away.

Big Sandy is the Gothard/ATI conference. I know he was finally forced out, but it's the same old conference. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, becca3891 said:

Big Sandy is the Gothard/ATI conference. I know he was finally forced out, but it's the same old conference. 

IBLP is Gothard's old organization and it's one of their conferences. (The one in the South.)

• Love 1

ATI is a branch of IBLP. ARI is responsible for the "homeschool" conferences, now at Big Sandy, Sacramento, and the Michigan Nothwoods location (land also owned by IBLP).

24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Now Boob's claiming 20 kids. Ass. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ni-JL2WFzM

So he is counting J'Tyler? Why is that poor kid the only one dressed up, while some of the Duggar boys look like they just rolled out of bed? This is such an uncomfortable video, with MEchelle turning expectantly to each kid to receive their grateful testimonials to her specialness. Gack.

• Love 11

Is Tyler officially adopted by JimChelle? If so, that might be why. 

Interesting that not all of the non-married kids were in the video and Tyler was. Where was JD, Jeremiah, Justin, Hannie, Jenni, Jordyn, and Precious Miracle Josie?

• Love 6
(edited)

I have to admit that I bailed during Jana's "testimony." I just couldn't go any further.

eta: There's been no announcement about Tyler, and that is something I think they'd shout from the rooftops. Boob is nothing if not a braggart. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

On the one hand I can understand including Tyler in the body count so the kid doesn't feel left out, but on the other it's not like Michelle doesn't have other children to throw in there. 

As far as the video, the Duggar children had about as much enthusiasm as ISIS hostages making a propaganda tape. Everyone's body language was so uncomfortable and clenched, and those side hugs were positively cringe worthy.

• Love 17

Jana and the one in the blue and white polka dot shirt look pained. Maybe the video took several takes. You’d think they’d want every kid, grandchild, and S/DIL in the video for bragging rights!  

6 minutes ago, awaken said:

Jana and the one in the blue and white polka dot shirt look pained. Maybe the video took several takes. You’d think they’d want every kid, grandchild, and S/DIL in the video for bragging rights!  

Well at least every kid, grandkid and S/DIL they could easily round up. It makes sense that JinJer, the Forsyths etc. aren't there. But they have four other daughters who live in the house. Where are they?  

We comment on how short Jackson is, but there he's only a few inches shorter than his older brothers. Maybe their family has some short genes and some tall genes like others I know?

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180513-131938.jpg.9cff309a6a03c9d8267b2266e07be35c.jpg

Happy Mothers Day, Jana! Love her stank face.

Half of the comments are directed to Jana, mainly that she should be thanked and is the mother.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Is Tyler officially adopted by JimChelle? If so, that might be why. 

Interesting that not all of the non-married kids were in the video and Tyler was. Where was JD, Jeremiah, Justin, Hannie, Jenni, Jordyn, and Precious Miracle Josie?

Or maybe it's just because Jizm Boob and Meeeechelle have been itching, lusting, screaming for years and years now to have that fabulous number TWENTY to throw out there. So now, with a tiny excuse, the disgusting idiot JB has just decided to say it. ...............Not the first lie he's told just because he wanted to. 

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

On the one hand I can understand including Tyler in the body count so the kid doesn't feel left out, but on the other it's not like Michelle doesn't have other children to throw in there. 

As far as the video, the Duggar children had about as much enthusiasm as ISIS hostages making a propaganda tape. Everyone's body language was so uncomfortable and clenched, and those side hugs were positively cringe worthy.

There's a reason the video looks like a propaganda film and it's because it IS a propaganda film! If her kids give her flowers and it's not filmed did she really receive flowers?? These posts are too much. I brought my mom flowers and told her I love her and my kids did the same for me. No reason for filming and BS.

Edited by Normades
Missed words
  • Love 12

I will say that I think Michelle's dress looks lovely, except for the black pantyhose and black shoes. I wish she would wear beige colored stockings instead of that black. And Tyler looks good as well - why he and Michelle got dressed up and no one else did is a mystery.

• Love 1

Maybe Michelle took him to see other relatives such as a grandmother where it would have seemed appropriate for him (and her) to dress up for maybe a luncheon out or something.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Half of the comments are directed to Jana, mainly that she should be thanked and is the mother.

The fact is that to most of us in the normal world, the woman who does the nurturing and caring for the child is the mother -- therefore, it would make sense that Jana would get the flowers on Mother's Day. In their bizarro-world, though, the opposite is true. The woman who gestates the "warrior for Jesus" is the one who is celebrated. What happens to that child after it's born really isn't that important.

• Love 6

My FB feed has been full this weekend with pictures of flowers, meals, gifts, and concerts because of Mother's Days, I even posted a 51-year-old photo of my mom with me & my brothers while wishing her a happy mother's day. So, yeah, it's the norm to put this out of social media. However, the Duggar's are the only ones whose children look like they've been brought before the camera at gunpoint. Those kids/kidults all act like they are totally over have their lives filmed. The only two who seem to care about the TLC show, besides JB & M, is Jessa and Jill, and thanks to Derick, Jill's time on TLC is almost non-existent.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I have to admit that I bailed during Jana's "testimony." I just couldn't go any further.

eta: There's been no announcement about Tyler, and that is something I think they'd shout from the rooftops. Boob is nothing if not a braggart. 

Actually, they adopted him officially over a year ago. The cynical part of me wonders whether part of their motivation was to be able to say they have 20 living children, but be that as it may, and as much as it pains me to say, he is their son and deserves to be counted even though I wish he had been given a different permanent home. I'm sure he's better off than the instability he came from and maybe he's old enough that he won't drink the Kool-Aid.

• Love 4