Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I looked it up.... Jill and Jackson are born in the wrong month for JB's birthday. Same with James. But Jason lines up exactly with their wedding anniversary

Right...but if Jill and Jackson were over due...then it's close. As in they celebrated the weekend after his birthday, then the babies were born late. Same with James. Jim Bob's birthday and their anniversary are 2-3 days apart so I'd count that as one long weekend of hey, hey, hey.

Edited by momma2seven
44 minutes ago, Catfin said:

Those of us with mid-November birthdays know exactly what our parents were up to Valentines Day. 

I guess i never thought about it but my sister & my birthdays  line up with our parent's anniversary & my brother's with Christmas or New Year's Eve.  Eew, I really don't want to think about my parents doing the deed.  I wonder what the Duggar kids feel about having to live with all the sexual innuendos in that house, mainly from JB. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, momma2seven said:

Right...but if Jill and Jackson were over due...then it's close. As in they celebrated the weekend after his birthday, then the babies were born late. Same with James. Jim Bob's birthday and their anniversary are 2-3 days apart so I'd count that as one long weekend of hey, hey, hey.

No it's not close. Jill and Jackson would have been month overdue. As would James.  

People born in May would be conceived in August, not July. 

• Love 1
On 2/20/2018 at 12:48 AM, Temperance said:

No it's not close. Jill and Jackson would have been month overdue. As would James.  

People born in May would be conceived in August, not July. 

Ha ha, this is what I always tell my headship with a bit of Karen Carpenter thrown in - "on the day that you were born, the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true".....and that dream is me, born 9 months after him!  

• Love 11
On 2/19/2018 at 5:54 PM, GeeGolly said:

Oh my word. And spill the seed?! 

Okay, lets all sing along:  Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great, if a sperm is wasted, god gets quite irate!  Who is with me!!!???

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Okay, lets all sing along:  Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great, if a sperm is wasted, god gets quite irate!  Who is with me!!!???

I'm with you and singing in harmony!!!!!  Thanks for the memory.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As I've said before JB & M have such skewed thoughts on parenting. They "train" a baby who knows nothing of the world and is exploring,

I am still at a loss as to how "parents" blanket train a baby that is then horrified when J'chelle taps them on the arm with a finger - Josie at the cake testing, or when talking taps a finger in the air - Johannah's birthday to make both girls in those situations recoil, but then there's Joshie.  You would think "parents" that talk about using a rod or switch would have tanned his hide, and his hands, and other, ahem, parts, after molesting 5 girls - most of whom were his own sisters!  But, no - let's ship him off to a friend of ours and cover it all up.  Thereby teaching Joshie that there is no REAL punishment for his abhorent sexual actions - and thus the Ashley Madison scandal and Merlin and Morgana knows what he's done to poor Anna.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I am still at a loss as to how "parents" blanket train a baby that is then horrified when J'chelle taps them on the arm with a finger - Josie at the cake testing, or when talking taps a finger in the air - Johannah's birthday to make both girls in those situations recoil, but then there's Joshie.  You would think "parents" that talk about using a rod or switch would have tanned his hide, and his hands, and other, ahem, parts, after molesting 5 girls - most of whom were his own sisters!  But, no - let's ship him off to a friend of ours and cover it all up.  Thereby teaching Joshie that there is no REAL punishment for his abhorent sexual actions - and thus the Ashley Madison scandal and Merlin and Morgana knows what he's done to poor Anna.

I'm by no means defending JB & M, but I think being shipped off for 6 months and having to confess to the entire church community, is a punishment. And then they visited that state cop in what I think was an attempt to scare Josh. And even going with Gothard BS and placing blame on victims, there was blame and punishment for Josh as well.

Unfortunately some families handle these situations worse and fortunately some handle it better.

Josh was their young child too. Looking at the whole picture including Gothard and JB's & M's limited parenting skills, I'm surprised they did as much as they did. 

As far as covering up, I am positive that I wouldn't share that on a TV show. I would want to protect my girls' privacy. That is their story to tell and noone esle's.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 8
On 2/14/2018 at 3:18 PM, bigskygirl said:

I would rather get romance advice from the spots of yellow snow I can find in my neighborhood. Do not eat or sit on the yellow snow. My romance advice for the day.

WATCH OUT WHERE THE HUSKIES GO
AN' DON'T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW
WATCH OUT WHERE THE HUSKIES GO
AN' DON'T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW

RIP Frank.

I was born nine moths to the day from when my parents were married.

• Love 4
(edited)

No, they own five. Four bitty cropdusters and the 10-seat Mitsubishi. Only two of them are in regular use: the big one (less often and now private) and one four-seater that can still be tracked publicly.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 2/27/2018 at 7:39 AM, GeeGolly said:

As I've said before JB & M have such skewed thoughts on parenting. They "train" a baby who knows nothing of the world and is exploring, they allow school age kids, who need structure, to run feral, then they won't allow adult kids, who should be practicing independence, to be alone. 

Did Gothard study parenting and say, "Hey, lets get these fools to do the opposite?"

Well, I think the Duggs have abandoned the Gothard principles and practices during those elementary-to-early-puberty years. My theory is that they're just too lazy to keep up the restrictions for ALL those kids, so they've restricted like mad with the tiny ones, because it was relatively easy, and then they kick back in with mad control as soon as a kid gets old enough to make JB and M notice that, "OMG, the kid might get SEXUAL now! Or try to MOVE OUT! Or seek employment with a HEATHEN BOSS!!!!" 

And while they've been busy corralling the youngest and the oldest, they didn't have enough corralling energy left for the middles. 

Gothard would never tell anybody to do it that way. He's about all-parental-control-all-the-time. But he has no kids. I'm not sure he's even personally worked with a lot of kids. His shtick has mostly just been to give other people stupid orders about how to do it. (for maximum turn-the-kids-into-robots potential, of course.) So I doubt he's given any thought to how difficult it would be for anybody to exert all that control over a dozen or more kids at once.

And he absolutely believes that the ordinary based-on-people's-natural-development principles you describe are simply wrong. He's coming from the very hardest-line original sin and patriarchal perspectives, which prescribe what he says, not what most of us would say that nature suggests. Nature as most of us conceive of it is to be beaten down and repressed as far as these people are concerned, you know. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

Ok so I’m still down the rabbit hole.  This time I’m looking up Gothard and just REELING at the whole belief system.  

This piece was written by the survivor of a cult.  Scientology, to be precise. It’s a really clear look at Gothardism and the IBLP and has me just shaking my head in astonishment.  

Interesting, Jim Bob and MeChelle are guilty of breaking some of the biggest tenets of this faith system. Yet they espouse it.  I guess what’s good for the goose does not have to be good for the gander. 

https://mncriticalthinking.com/2017/06/22/bill-gothard-iblp-heaven-looks-like/

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Looks like Boob is being called out for hoarding the family money to control the married kids!  I love it!

Purely hypothetical.  However one can certainly be led to believe thst based upon Dreck’s twats.  And lots of circumstantial evidence. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Looks like Boob is being called out for hoarding the family money to control the married kids!  I love it!

Nothing would make me happier than to see Boob exposed for the lying, greedy piece of shit he is. The sooner the better. 

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Nothing would make me happier than to see Boob exposed for the lying, greedy piece of shit he is. The sooner the better. 

And I would love to see Derick exposed for the real reasons why he hooked up with JB aka finding a wife and father-in-law who would fund his missionary work instead of getting off his lazy behind and earning the money himself. He did not seem to mind getting the McMansion, being on the show, or the other things we got by marrying JB's favorite daughter. In some ways, he is just as guilty as JB except for the possibility JB hoarding the money, and "helping" his four daughters suing the one magazine and local law enforcement agencies for the outing of the molestation scandal. I would not be surprised if Derelict was drooling at the fact Jill could be getting some big bucks which could have lead to more missionary work money in order to promote his beliefs.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but here we go.  I got stuck going down a rabbit hole and wound up watching youtube scenes from past episodes.  Including the one where Jill announces that she's pregnant for the first time at a family Bible Study at TTH.  She starts by saying she has a confession.  That she took something that didn't belong to her - and Boob is hilarious - he's actually all teared up at the thought of her doing this.  And then she says that the day before she took something from her Mom's bathroom cabinet.  Pause for effect.  A pregnancy test - and it was POSITIVE!

Now, let's do the math people.  Israel was born in April 2015.  Jubilee's miscarriage was in Dec 2011.  So if Jill had taken a pregnancy test in say August? 2014, then means that Michelle is still hoping to catch another blessing 3 years after Jubilee?  That's just scary.  And is there somewhere that sells pregnancy tests in bulk other than the Dollar store?

• Love 19
On 15/03/2018 at 11:28 PM, questionfear said:

Yes, Amazon sells them in uber-bulk. 

I can just picture the harried amazon warehouse pickers carry the tubs of pregnancy tests. They probably collectively ran a marathon to fill her order. 

• Love 4
On 3/16/2018 at 12:47 PM, Kokapetl said:

I can just picture the harried amazon warehouse pickers carry the tubs of pregnancy tests. They probably collectively ran a marathon to fill her order. 

You know she has them on Prime Pantry autoship. Probably has an Amazon dash button programmed to them too. 

• Love 10

What did Michelle really do at the Gothard family conference in Australia?  This is a comment someone put on Pickles' Facebook:

"I would like to say here I went to basic life principals conference in lilydale Victoria and little Josie and she is really little she told me so did Johannah that they get the Rod that their mama has it in the room they both told me that they already had the rod lots of times at conference and you could tell as they both had red marks on their legs and red eyes from crying and for Michelle to stand up the front talking about parenting and timeouts made me sick she is a liar I use to think she was sweet and loving but that’s just what she wants everyone to hear in her voice and Jim bob is scary and very tall and demanding when he calls Michelle she always comes running I feel so sorry for those little kids even Lauren Swanson was bossing them around."

This child abuse has been going on for years in the Duggar household and includes hitting babies with wooden rulers and wrapping toddlers in tight restraining blankets so they cannot move their arms and legs.  During the police interviews with the children when Josh's sexual abuse was being investigated, the children told the detective that Michelle beat all of the children with a rod.  The rod is the one recommended by Michael and Debi Pearl, a 15-inch plumbing supply line. 

I find it hard to believe that the filming crew doesn't know this after all the years of being around the Duggars. TLC should stop allowing them on the Counting On show.  Their TV appearances are TLC's endorsement of their child-rearing techniques.

Rod to beat Duggar chlldren.jpg

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I don't see Josie and Johannah talking to complete strangers and telling that they got hit by the rod.

Me either.  I got a “Not true” vibe while I was reading it.  I fully believe that physical punishment is, or at least used to be, practiced in the TTH.  I just don’t believe the kids go out and talk about it in public, to strangers.  I think they know better because of, you know, the rod.

• Love 20

I'm not buying it, either. It's a poorly-written run-on sentence that the poster just happened to land on Pickles' site? It looks like someone is out there writing some very bad snark fic. 

• Love 5

Boobchelle have plenty of experience using "the rod" on their kids. One of the first rules these people learn is to "correct" where the marks won't show.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 16

I have often wondered about this: These two people have stated over and over again how they left the number of children they had 'up to God'. Why, then did Jim Bob go on TV and state that he left the number of children they would have up to MICHELLE? Last I checked, Michelle is not God.

Having said that, what is Michelle said to him that 'x' number of children was enough and she didn't desire to have any more? Would he have had to move in the boys' dorm? Would they have had to give up and "sweet fellowship" and live a celibate marriage? Anyone ever wonder about this? 

I'd like for them to be asked about these statements some time.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I have often wondered about this: These two people have stated over and over again how they left the number of children they had 'up to God'. Why, then did Jim Bob go on TV and state that he left the number of children they would have up to MICHELLE? Last I checked, Michelle is not God.

Having said that, what is Michelle said to him that 'x' number of children was enough and she didn't desire to have any more? Would he have had to move in the boys' dorm? Would they have had to give up and "sweet fellowship" and live a celibate marriage? Anyone ever wonder about this? 

I'd like for them to be asked about these statements some time.

I think if Michelle had said at any time “I’m done having kids.” JB would’ve gotten himself snipped and that would’ve been the end of that. Despite liking kids more than Michelle, I think JB would’ve been ok having a smaller family. After 6 or so kids, I think Michelle got addicted to the pregnancy hormones and the attention.....after that the older kids started to be able to help out, and it became a numbers game.

a woman in a large Facebook group I’m in stated 12 kids were far easier than 5- at 5 (all in a row) they are too small to be any help, by the time you get to 12 the eldest are self sufficient and helping with the little ones. 

• Love 2

Michelle and JB prayed to God in order to love their own children. I think that says it all! Michelle thinks she is all that because she had nineteen children. I also seriously doubt JB would have gotten snipped because in his pea brain getting snipped would make him less of a man.

In the episode where they learned in the sonagram that Jubilee had died, when they were in the waiting room before the sonagram and someone asked them about 20 kids or J'chelle said something about number 20, Boob laughed and said that, "After this we'll just be shaking hands," and Michelle looked horrified.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2018 at 6:06 AM, bigskygirl said:

Michelle and JB prayed to God in order to love their own children. I think that says it all! Michelle thinks she is all that because she had nineteen children. I also seriously doubt JB would have gotten snipped because in his penis brain getting snipped would make him less of a man.

There. Fixed it for ya. ;)

• Love 6

It looks like they just opened the back door and just threw things in with no thought of organization.  And did the only fresh thing they get was unripe bananas?  And are they next to 2 cans of lysol???

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

306DB5F9-34B2-4073-BD9E-32395A8C5156.jpeg

This is the entire premise of their entire goddamn show -- that ran for TEN YEARS. "Look at how much food it takes to feed our giant army of a family!" It was boring before, but at least the kids were cute. It's just so far beyond uninteresting now that I can't believe they still post photos like this.

That having been said, I don't know how many of them went. or how long they stayed, but to me -- to be honest -- that doesn't look like enough food. There are a dozen cans of water, 15 bananas, a couple of boxes of cereal, some crackers, etc. I really don't think that those kids get enough to eat, and what they do eat is mostly garbage.

• Love 13