Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, louannems said:

I also feared for the punishments the boys may have received off camera.  On camera, Kelly and Gil educated the boys about playing with matches and the danger of fire. The family appears loving but do they still follow the Pearl's methods of "training" kids?

I remember once the smallest got into trouble for something, not sure what, anyway Gil said they needed to talk and he willing and naturally put his hand on Gil's and walked away with him. No fear at all and he was way to young to fake that

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Oh I agree with you. It was a reason, not a good reason! I’m not someone opposed to couples taking childfree vacations, my Mom took a week away when we were growing up EVERY year, but never around our birthdays or Christmas. 

Neither am I. Its really great if parents are able to do that. Except these parents don't do any parenting at all. What do they need a break from? They don't do anything. How nice their once again spending time together without their kids. That must be so different from every other day. Jana deserves a vacation.  

• Love 11
On 12/30/2017 at 9:51 AM, doodlebug said:

Not really, many if not most couples with young kids still at home don't go out of the country on vacation a couple days before Christmas just because it's their anniversary.  Kelly and Gil made a conscious decision that being home with their kids in the days prior to Christmas wasn't as important as going to the Bahamas.  They could've stayed home and celebrated there or postponed the trip to another time.  Nobody is required to take a trip for their anniversary.  As far as I'm concerned, they're just as willing to pawn their younger kids off on the older ones as the Duggars.

We put off our planned 25th anniversary trip because our elderly dog needed a lot of care and we weren’t comfortable for him to be left with anyone else. (We’ll go next year, assuming the dog is gone by then, which he almost certainly will be.) 

• Love 18

I'm with you.  Our elderly cat was failing, and Mr. Xword and I cancelled a long-awaited trip, and we were glad we did, as we lost him later that year.  

5 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

We put off our planned 25th anniversary trip because our elderly dog needed a lot of care and we weren’t comfortable for him to be left with anyone else. (We’ll go next year, assuming the dog is gone by then, which he almost certainly will be.) 

• Love 14

On January 3, a TV show was aired in Britain called 20 Kids and Counting.  It was about a British couple who have 20 kids, and the wife gave birth to every one of them.  (Eat your heart out, Michelle.)

Differences from Duggars:

They are not fundies.

The kids go to public school.

Mom does all the housework and laundry.

They live in a 10-bedroom house.

The father owns a bakery and earns $67,000 a year.

The mother works at the bakery from 9am to 2pm.

After baby #20, the couple announced they will have no more kids.

The wife is 42 and the husband is 47.

There was one miscarriage along the way.

With each birth starting with #16, the family has appeared in a TV documentary once a year.  The first one was called 16 Kids and Counting.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/671097/20-Kids-And-Counting-Britains-biggest-family-Channel-4-Radfords-Morecambe

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

On January 3, a TV show was aired in Britain called 20 Kids and Counting.  It was about a British couple who have 20 kids, and the wife gave birth to every one of them.  (Eat your heart out, Michelle.)

Differences from Duggars:

They are not fundies.

The kids go to public school.

Mom does all the housework and laundry.

They live in a 10-bedroom house.

The father owns a bakery and earns $67,000 a year.

The mother works at the bakery from 9am to 2pm.

After baby #20, the couple announced they will have no more kids.

The wife is 42 and the husband is 47.

There was one miscarriage along the way.

With each birth starting with #16, the family has appeared in a TV documentary once a year.  The first one was called 16 Kids and Counting.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/671097/20-Kids-And-Counting-Britains-biggest-family-Channel-4-Radfords-Morecambe

I thought it was interesting that both parents were adopted. Maybe subconsciously they are creating the biological families they never knew? I think they are nice looking people.

The Radford family, from Morecambe, Lancs, is made up of kids Chris, 28, Sophie, 24, Chloe, 22, Jack, 20, Daniel, 18, Luke, 17, Millie, 16, Katie, 15, James, 14, Ellie, 12, Aimee, 11, Josh, 10, Max, nine, Tillie, seven, Oscar, six, Casper, five, Hallie, two,  Phoebe, 18 months, and Archie - who was born last Autumn. (20?)

Screenshot_20180103-181140.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
That's *only* 19..right??! :)
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They count a miscarriage. I forget how far along Sue was when she lost it.

Ahh...thanks..found it.

"Four years ago Sue sadly lost a baby boy, Alfie, who was stillborn when she was 23 weeks’ pregnant"

On 1/3/2018 at 9:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

She was 14, I think he was 18?

Yeah, I find that a little gross (not sure what’s considered legal in the UK but that’s definitely statutory rape by US standards). Still, they have stayed together all these years.

• Love 8
On 1/1/2018 at 10:53 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Well, Boobchelle ARE going to Australia in a couple weeks. *eyeroll*

good thing we are moving over half the country away north on Wednesday, I don't want to be anywhere near them!  An we are currently 2 hours north of Sydney!  That is still too close if they are coming to Melbourne

• Love 6

I was looking at info on their Australia trip. They are appearing the day before the conference is scheduled to begin.

Found this as part of the seminars:

Anger Seminar

Anger is the number-one cause of damaged marriages, abused children, and violence in the home, school, and workplace. It is the common denominator among juvenile delinquents and the reason that so many youth are running away from home.

This seminar traces conflicts to their root causes and gives steps of action which, if followed, will resolve anger.

Why This Course Is Successful

This training has helped tens of thousands of youth and adults experience lasting freedom from anger, because it is based on the universal and timeless principles of Scripture and shows how God’s truth and power can achieve what our resolve cannot.

Instructor: Bill Gothard

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I was looking at info on their Australia trip. They are appearing the day before the conference is scheduled to begin.

Anger Seminar

Anger is the number-one cause of damaged marriages, abused children, and violence in the home, school, and workplace. It is the common denominator among juvenile delinquents and the reason that so many youth are running away from home.

This seminar traces conflicts to their root causes and gives steps of action which, if followed, will resolve anger.

This training has helped tens of thousands of youth and adults experience lasting freedom from anger, because it is based on the universal and timeless principles of Scripture and shows how God’s truth and power can achieve what our resolve cannot.

arrrgh. BG back to doing what he started with, back in the 60s and 70s.  So now they're going to trot the old corpse out in other countries, in hopes that the audiences will be naive to his criminal nature and the abusive shit he recommends? Sick. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Anger Seminar

I hope this is by video link. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

"juvenile delinquents?" LMAO.

Is anger the reason why Josh molested four of his sisters and a lying cheating creep who cheated on his own wife. I thought it was the evil devil who took over his mind and soul turning into a bad, bad person.

Take a hard long look at Derick. Anger is probably a major reason why he has turned out the way he has turned out. Obviously the bible and God have not help him much.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I imagine the reason many adolescents run away from home is to get away from physical and sexual abuse. A great reason to get away and be angry, IMO.

However, their remedy is to quote scripture, beat the crap out of that kid, shame them, tell them they’ve got nowhere else to go, and isolate them further from any friends they might have, and cover it up. After all, being angry is unchristian. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

"juvenile delinquents?" LMAO.

Seriously. They just copied over the old ads for his 60s "seminars," looks like. 

Those reputedly filled some stadiums at the time, so I guess the Gothard empire is looking to strike back using its old weaponry and its remaining shekels. 

• Love 6

I just went and looked at the site, and 16 Duggars are being flown to Australia for a 4 hour talk in which they will "share their insights into family life and home schooling" followed by a "tea." This hardly seems like a good use of funds to me.

Edited by cmr2014
fix grammar
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I just went and looked at the site, and 16 Duggars are being flown to Australia for a 4 hour talk in which they will "share their insights into family life and home schooling" followed by a "tea." This hardly seems like a good use of funds to me.

To me either. Although I have a vague memory or hallucination that somebody looked farther in the program a while ago and found they were going to do a little more and that this was just their initial appearance? Dunno ....

I think the whole thing is probably a sign of the Gothardites' growing desperation. They've obviously been increasingly short on money and I wonder whether they've just made some kind of decision to take a wad of the remaining funds and throw it hard at a market that they think may not have passed peak-Gothard and see if they can get something going there. ... I mean, they've got a Gothard-himself presentation and the Duggs themselves have long been the group's real big guns, with their fame. If they weren't so anti-Catholic, you could call it a Hail Mary pass? 

.... I wish Meeechelle was going to Sydney rather than Melbourne, though. It was 117 degrees in Sydney yesterday. I'd love to see her navigate that in her 2000 layers of modesty. ... Although Melbourne can get pretty hot, too, though. So I guess there's still hope. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Well, the Duggars can't say or insinuate that they are not associated with Gothard....here they all are at a speaking engagement with HIM on the program. Liars that they are.

I didn't think about that until after I posted, but Gothard was supposedly tossed out of IBLP, wasn't he? Are they just sneaking him back in now that the press has slacked off? Is IBLP Australia a different legal entity, so that they can claim that they are no longer associated with Gothard?

JB's constant bleating that he isn't associated with Gothard is just such a bald faced lie that I don't understand why he continues to spout it. He must have some sort of internal definition that if he's not on Gothard's payroll, or doesn't follow some specific detail of the teachings that he's not a true Gothardite.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I didn't think about that until after I posted, but Gothard was supposedly tossed out of IBLP, wasn't he? Are they just sneaking him back in now that the press has slacked off? Is IBLP Australia a different legal entity, so that they can claim that they are no longer associated with Gothard?

JB's constant bleating that he isn't associated with Gothard is just such a bald faced lie that I don't understand why he continues to spout it. He must have some sort of internal definition that if he's not on Gothard's payroll, or doesn't follow some specific detail of the teachings that he's not a true Gothardite.

I can't claim to remember but I have a vague hallucination that the board made several gestures over several years that were halfway kinda sorta throwing him out but weren't really. And then there was the final throwout. But then according to lots of people, a sizable chunk of the group's muckety-mucks went on supporting him thought mostly kind of on the Q T. Speaking up for him under pseudonyms on online forums and the like. I don't know what's happened with the lawsuit, but attention to it has certainly died down, so I think they're probably doing exactly what you say. My bet would be that Jim Bob's just an unabashed bald-faced liar in general, actually. Look at the number of lies, external and internal, that surround the whole Josh thing. IN any situation, JB will say whatever he sees as being in his best interest at the moment, regardless, would be my guess. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

How many Duggars does it take to screw...nevermind.  

16 of them?  At once?  My prayers are with the entire country of Austrailia.  God bless em.

• Love 6

I do remember BG being on the show too...at one of the weddings.  Maybe the Dullards?  I remember vaguely that it was BG’s bday and they had a cake for him. Or was I hallucinating?  

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I do too...at one of the weddings.  Maybe the Dullards?  I remember vaguely that it was BG’s bday and they had a cake for him. Or was I hallucinating?  

That was the Bates family. I was reading up about them at FJ.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

Gothard did attend Smuganna and Pecan Thief's weddings, but was edited out of both episodes. 

He also attended Erin's wedding and got a birthday cake. BUB was not in production then, though. 

• Love 7

As well as the talk and tea session, the Duggars are also attending an IBLP conference, so not a complete junket haha. The two locations are about 20 minutes apart. 

I can email them a question on marriage and family, I can think of lots of question that will get me kicked out of the chat session , haha

Edited by Yukibear
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Gothard did attend Smuganna and Pecan Thief's weddings, but was edited out of both episodes. 

He also attended Erin's wedding and got a birthday cake. BUB was not in production then, though. 

Yeah, that's the cake that Kelly now claims was a groom's cake.

• Love 7