Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

What in the hell? I remember going to the water park as a kid and seeing women in full niqabs. They looked 10 times more stylish than this. And at least their feet were bare and they dipped them in the wave pool to cool off. 

The other woman in the photo looks like when you spot a freak on the Vegas strip and you just gotta take a picture with it for the memories. She looks like she can barely contain her laughter.

I taught swimming lessons a million years ago and did have two students that wore burkinis. One was an eight-year-old and the other around 24. The older student wanted to surprise the young man her parents had arranged for her to marrry, and said it was unusual for women of her origin to swim.  She did say the final decision was up to her, re: the arranged marriage. 

• Love 4

OH MY GOODNESS!

I grew up in a "modest bathing suit" culture and even if Michelle wanted to stay covered, which is her choice, there are 10 other ways to do it and not look so ridiculous.    

I guess we should be glad she isn't wearing Green Shirt. 

(I'm almost Michelle's age and I wear very long board shorts and a rash guard. HydroChic makes long leggings with a swim skirt attached. Not my choice but much better than this mess)

Hydro Chic

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 13

She couldn't find a cotton maxi skirt and a comfortable pair of sandals? That would look much more "beach appropriate" than dark hose, leggings and rubber crocs. I think Michelle is a classic exhibitionist. She doesn't want to look normal, she wants everyone to gawk at the freak show. 

• Love 24

And she’s wearing a sweatshirt. With the sleeves pushed tightly up around her elbows, so I’m sure she’s hot. Is she trying to have a heatstroke? And it looks like it says Nassau, so I’m assuming they bought it there. 

• Love 2

Michelle doesn't have varicose vein problems. She wore regular panty hose to Amy's wedding with that Nurse Ratchet white dress. Her legs certainly looked acceptable. 

I bet she has all sorts of tube tops, daisy dukes and stiletto heels up in the closet of their 'love grotto' and wears them JUST for JB's eyes..... You know the ones who make the most noise....etc

• Love 6

The shoes are ridiculous enough, I have sensory challenges, and just imagining walking around in them piled high with drifts of sand sets my teeth on edge.  She had might as well throw them away after the vacation as try to get every little grain out.  WHAT would be wrong with a regular skirt and bare legs/feet, which the daughters wear out all the time in public anyway??  Idiotic.  

• Love 4

I recently watched the video where Michelle got a makeover, a few inches chopped off her hair and it was straightened.  She looked great, but she HATED it.  She said that's how she looks when she comes out of the shower.  She honestly hated it.  She prefers her wacky "modest" style.  She clearly has no taste - look who she married!

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Mollie said:

That's not an outfit; that's Michelle's swimsuit.

I’m all for modesty if people choose to go that route. As Mama June famously said, “to women of the voluptuous size, all that vajiggle jaggle is not beautimous.” She was definitely a woman of size and had the sense of modesty or was self conscious enough to cover herself and she thought others ought to as well.

@Marigold, I LOVE many of the styles in Hydro Chic.  I would so totally wear these outfits. They are so cute. I expect to have a pretty big surgery scar once my gyn onc decides I’m ready for surgery. 

I was amused by this excerpt from their website:

Avoiding the stereotypical frumpy association with modesty, our line at once includes cute modest bathing suits and options to accentuate any woman’s features.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they were throwing shade at Michelle. Fundy Misery Fashion is pretty grim on a good day. 

If Mechelle wasn’t the attention whore that we know her to be, I’d cut her some slack that she just got off the plane and wanted to see the beach right away. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

OH MY GOODNESS!

I grew up in a "modest bathing suit" culture and even if Michelle wanted to stay covered, which is her choice, there are 10 other ways to do it and not look so ridiculous.    

I guess we should be glad she isn't wearing Green Shirt. 

(I'm almost Michelle's age and I wear very long board shorts and a rash guard. HydroChic makes long leggings with a swim skirt attached. Not my choice but much better than this mess)

Hydro Chic

Thanks Marigold!

That was my first thought -- there must be a dozen web sites out there selling modest beachwear for the millions of women who prefer it for religious or personal reasons. J'chelle, of course, wouldn't even bother to look into it. She wants to look like a freak show on the beach so that people will gawk and she can yammer about her specialness. The woman that she is posing with is, in fact, wearing a swimsuit with a skirt. There is a woman on the right of the picture wearing a long cover up. She's just ridiculous.

• Love 10

I would not be surprised if she wore this outfit to bring attention to herself. I am not buying the modest not bring attention to myself in public spiel the Duggar women are infamous for. An outfit like this one screams look at me. Of course, in Michelle's case it is saying look at me, but not in a good way. I admit I would not wear a two piece bikini to the beach even if you hold a gun to my head and threaten my hubby and Sassy. I would find a decent one piece and not spend too much time in the sun since the heat and sun makes me sick. I am older than Michelle and still can dress myself in a decent way and not to bring bad attention to myself.

And why am I thinking of JB walking along the beach leering at women especially younger women in bikinis, or telling everyone the little woman had nineteen kids. Beautiful weather and scenery wasted on two couples. Sad, sad, sad.

Edited by bigskygirl
For not far. *lol*
21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I would not be surprised if she wore this outfit to bring attention to herself. I am not buying the modest not bring attention to myself in public spiel the Duggar women are infamous far. An outfit like this one screams look at me. Of course, in Michelle's case it is saying look at me, but not in a good way. I admit I would not wear a two piece bikini to the beach even if you hold a gun to my head and threaten my hubby and Sassy. I would find a decent one piece and not spend too much time in the sun since the heat and sun makes me sick. I am older than Michelle and still can dress myself in a decent way and not to bring bad attention to myself.

I was gonna say, I'm pale by nature and I find the sun beating down on me to be punishing.  That's in fact even the way I think about it, immediately, knee-jerk, the minute I get out into it  - "beating down on me".  I do not find it comforting, like a warm blanket or anything similar, and can't imagine wearing that much stuff as Michelle.  I would in fact be pretty delighted if I were the sort of person who were content outside of a 25-degree temperature radius; but I'm not.  I hate extreme cold and heat.  I would be sweating like a mofo in that getup.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, toodles said:

I was in Nassau two weeks ago.  It was hot and humid.  I was sweating like crazy and I had normal people clothes on.  She must be dying.  It couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Maybe she's acclimating herself for Australia at the height of summer, where she'll be in a few weeks. 

But who am I kidding. All she ever wants is to call attention to herself and her fabulous biblical attributes. That's the only reason you construct beach outfits out of black tights and leggings or wedding apparel out of napkins and pillowcases. It's all about flaunting your brand. 

• Love 17

Her outfit reminds me of the one movie Cheaper By the Dozen. The movie was sit in the early 1900's or maybe the 1910's or 1920's  The family was on summer vacation, and the father wanted his older teenage daughters covered from top to bottom. The swimsuits the older girls had on reminds me of Michelle's outfit, but on the girls, the outfits look much better. The girls also had long hair because the father preferred they had long hair. At the end the girls were able to wear less modest swimsuits and were allowed to cut their hair.

1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I was gonna say, I'm pale by nature and I find the sun beating down on me to be punishing.  That's in fact even the way I think about it, immediately, knee-jerk, the minute I get out into it  - "beating down on me".  I do not find it comforting, like a warm blanket or anything similar, and can't imagine wearing that much stuff as Michelle.  I would in fact be pretty delighted if I were the sort of person who were content outside of a 25-degree temperature radius; but I'm not.  I hate extreme cold and heat.  I would be sweating like a mofo in that getup.

I'm the same exact way! That's why this meme cracks me up. (I wouldn't wear what Michelle wears though..I just carry an umbrella with me to shield me from the sun (I really have to) :)

rps20171223_124817.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 13

I was in Costa Rica earlier this year and thanks to my Great Britain ancestors, I do not tan. I wanted to walk on the beach rather than laying there.  But I had on shorts with a short sleeved top (and lots of sunscreen).  I was not dressed in long sleeves and tights --- TIGHTS????  and those hideous shoes.  Since I'm landlocked in Atlanta, I love walking through the sand when I have a chance.  Once again I made sure there was sunscreen on the top of my feet - I learned the hard way, they burn easily even when you are just walking around.  Back on topic, I agree with those who say Michelle does this more of a LOOK AT HOW MODEST I AM than really being modest.  

• Love 9

Mechelle actually has some natural color to her. More than Boob, for sure. For instance, she was pretty damn tan on her wedding day, in the pre-historic days before self tanner.

All this to say that this is her show of "modesty," not an attempt to stay out of the sun. She wore a short sleeved shirt in the picture with the Bateses, and in a picture with Boob taken in the same ridiculous getup, the fairer Boob is in short sleeves (sorry, I just felt like posting Mechelle's picture since the girl with her is so comparitavely NIKE! ?

• Love 5
On 12/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Video. 

This is just revolting. JB and J'chelle have literally nothing to show for their lives other than the production of offspring. It's nice that they have the time and money to go and spend some quality time with some other idiots who share their "values."

Most people who reach JB and J'chelle's age have a lifetime of work behind them. They've saved lives, taught children, built cars, created a home and raised a family, or something to contribute to society. JB and J'chelle have literally done nothing but have sex and produce offspring. They haven't actually "raised" the children. They didn't actually "provide" for the children. 

They have put in less than the least possible effort, and now feel entitled to take a tropical vacation and preen for the cameras about their "achievement."

• Love 13
16 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Great job, Michelle.  That's one of the frumpiest, most idiotic outfits I've ever seen on any beach.  Trips to exotic places are wasted on these people.  They like to gloat and show off their fancy vacations, not realizing they look ridiculous wherever they go.  

I assumed she realized she looked ridiculous but defines “ridiculous “ as “the less holy just don’t understand and need to see me standing out.”  It’s not enough to cover her legs completely with a long, flowing, shapeless maxi skirt— not high fashion, conceals everything, but comfortable and blends in on a beach. Nope, she has to go with heavy black leggings and clogs so everyone NOTICES how covered up she is, and sees that she’s willing to be uncomfortable to make sure she doesn’t cause any more divorces. 

Even those shoes, while orthopedic comfort wear in normal circumstances, are an invitation to turned ankles and dragging extra weight around on a beach. They aren’t comfortable or therapeutic for walking on sand. They’re there to virtue signal: look how I suffer for my values.

• Love 16
On 12/22/2017 at 9:50 AM, flyingdi said:

They probably didn't let JD stay.  He will probably have to fly back to pick them up.  Too much in the Bahamas to tempt a godly single man.

Did he fly home without an accountability partner?? I hope he managed a couple of unscheduled "landings."

• Love 5

WTF is going on with her feet?  It looks like she found a Snapchat filter for her barking dogs.  I won't mention the dartboard on her skirt.  If this was taken from the waist up, it would actually be a nice pic of her.  But, those feet/shoes.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, sixlets said:

If this was taken from the waist up, it would actually be a nice pic of her.  .

Don't let that puffed-sleeved  blouse fool you...it's just the pale pink version of her green one.

Looks like she had Jana sew one of Princess Beatrice's royal wedding hats (known as a fascinator, but the SOTDRT wouldn't teach a word that long or foreign) onto an old denim skirt she found lying around.

The legs/shoes look like Minnie Mouse.

Hope one of the younger girls ties all those scarves together and escapes some night.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Meanwhile, I had an uninsured patient who worked as a nanny, her husband managed a local small business just starting out..  They paid us $20 a month, without fail, for more than a year, each payment with a note thanking us for being patient.  I sent them a Christmas card cancelling the debt and she called crying to thank me.  There are some beautiful people out there, too.  

look in the mirror doodlebug. you are one of those beautiful folks!  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Don't let that puffed-sleeved  blouse fool you...it's just the pale pink version of her green one.

Looks like she had Jana sew one of Princess Beatrice's royal wedding hats onto an old denim skirt she found lying around.

The legs/shoes look like Minnie Mouse.

Hope one of the younger girls ties all those scarves together and escapes some night.

The parents are out of town and there is a good chance Jana has the banking information

Embezzle and RUN!

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Wow. If Michelle had a house on top of her, she’d be indistinguishable from the wicked witch of the west.

A gay man who also did drag told me that he once told another drag queen that her striped stockings belonged under a house! I nearly pissed all over myself laughing. He was definitely the arbiter of taste.  I loved his upscale resale shop.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It looks like she’s wearing a long sleeved athletic shirt, a skirt, leggings, AND tights with those shoes. Just why?!!! Why not a plain T-shirt and a flowy skirt with sandals?!

Can you imagine what cheerleader bikini-wearing-lawn-mowing Michelle would say about this look? I was thinking there must be some serious problems hiding under there. She's got to know she looks ridiculous. Doesn't she????

• Love 7

It's the leggings plus tights feature that baffles me.

I don't recall seeing any of them do that combo before, or have I just missed it? .... And then, okay, as a cool-weather combo it still looks ridic, but at least suitable to the temperature? But to don this unprecedented get-up for a warm day at the beach?

Maybe she's super-super sensitive to air conditioning (I am, so I do get that...) and just ducked outside for a minute for photos here? ...Of course, here I am trying to attribute logic to a Duggar parent. That's nuts, too. So I guess nuts is catching. 

• Love 8

OK, so maybe she feels she must wear hose because she is super pale and has varicose veins or something??? I hear she has been pregnant a few times and I bet her legs are veiny. I am sure the modesty thing is a factor too, but her dark hose always look very thick and supportive. And yet I realize she doesn't wear than all the time. I dunno. She is actually so pretty and I just wish she had some fashion sense. She could easily remain true to her own definition of modest but not look so frumpy. She looked great at that one recent wedding. Joe's? To me, the frumpiness draws attention just as much as anything else would, so if she's trying NOT to draw attention to anything but her countenance, I don't think it's working. 

• Love 4

My fundie cousins and their mother have worn pioneer wear to the beach before, I regret to report.  Probably not black stockings, but they looked ridiculously covered up, closer to Gibson girls.  The boys, of course, wore tees and board shorts and frolicked about like normal people.

So yes, I believe it is a thing which is ‘done’, sadly.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, queenanne said:

My fundie cousins and their mother have worn pioneer wear to the beach before, I regret to report.  Probably not black stockings, but they looked ridiculously covered up, closer to Gibson girls.  The boys, of course, wore tees and board shorts and frolicked about like normal people.

So yes, I believe it is a thing which is ‘done’, sadly.

I get so infuriated on behalf of such women. Run for your lives!

• Love 11
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

e87118c94cad029a48da4e0f0b14a766--my-jea

I’m LOVING the silhouette on Michelle.  She’s such a pretty woman, and she seems to have given up on the bumpy, fluffy mullet.  The hair doesn’t look as dated. Pink blouse is nice on her, and the skirt shape shoes us she’s got a cute little figure going on.  

The design of the skirt is TRAGIC, and the shoes show us just how jacked up her feet are. She needs some sort or orthotics in her shoes, but she might just have large bunions  I’m glad to see her in nude hose and something besides her witchy shoes.  This photo tells me all I need to know about why her footwear choices are so limited.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

That is t really Michelle is it? Compared to the beach picture she looks very different. 

The picture with the pink blouse is not a recent photo; it was taken years ago.  

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Ok, this is strange that I remember this but I think the skirt was a gift from a skirt etsy store and she was modeling it as a thank you.  It was custom made for her. 

The skirt was sold on a website called lovemyjeanskirt.com.  It was so long ago that the company's website is no longer working.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

The picture with the pink blouse is not a recent photo; it was taken years ago.  

Yup...we should've known that ....the scarves have fringy ends on them......now they all wear infinity scarves ad nauseam.

Don't know why Mullet ever wore a watch......when was she ever worried about the time?

• Love 4