Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

In this cult, men's (fathers' and husbands') are all that matters. You can see this in all of the Duggar daughters' clothing choices.

1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

In this cult, men's (fathers' and husbands') are all that matters. You can see this in all of the Duggar daughters' clothing choices.

Totally get that in the fundy context.  The OP seemed to be referring to the real/normal world. My comment had "normies" in mind. 

17 minutes ago, Catfin said:

Totally get that in the fundy context.  The OP seemed to be referring to the real/normal world. My comment had "normies" in mind. 

I'm starting to see that even though we all seem to agree the Duggars are far from normal by "real world" standards, we don't seem to agree on what those normal and real world standards are believing that we and our friends/family/communities/beliefs are the purveyors of such knowledge while all others are clueless. 

• Love 3

I think OP means what normal society sees as slutty. Of course, as individuals, it's going to be on a continuum of sorts. For instance, if I was a Duggar adjacent, I don't see why they wouldn't accept my choice of clothing. Other than the occasional v neck that might expose cleavage if I bend over or something, My (slightly bootcut) jeans and v neck today would be accepted as long as my view of Jesus agreed with theirs. 

• Love 2

I abide by my mother's philosophy always:  "When in doubt, buy a size up."  It's never failed me.  People, including women coworkers with no particular need to flatter me, have guessed me up to 2 sizes smaller than my actual body and up to 40 pounds smaller than the scale listing, a situation which wouldn't happen if I had muffin tops overflowing and so forth.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 6

Donate money to the victims of sexual abuse they claimed to be helping with their money grab? Nah. It must be rather solemn at the TTH right now. Bin and Derelict are going to have to get jobs. 

• Love 5
On 10/12/2017 at 1:10 PM, ariel said:

I guess Jesus was off duty when the court decision was handed down.  Because aren't the Duggars Jesus' extra special snowflakes?  Too bad the heathen SCOTUS ruined their big plans.

JB has umpteen people on his payroll.  Must suck to be you, Boob.

16 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Well Blubber Blob your scam to get rich failed what are going to do next?

• Love 6
On 10/7/2017 at 8:14 PM, TVwithTea said:

We sure will! I'm in my 50s and from time to time get hit on by guys in their 20s when I'm wearing what I think is a pretty unsexy outfit from Target, and glasses, and no make up. I consider all the Duggar girls to look and dress sexy by my standards anyway. Like I said, it's hard to dress in a way that no man would consider sexy.

Curious as to what your standards might be. Of course one could probably find men who might think anything remotely identifiable as "female" sexy, whether she was wearing clothing that emphasized that or not, but it seems that most men wouldn't get unduly excited by an averagely dressed woman in their general vicinity. I'm in my (late) 50's, too, and, although a bit overweight (I wear about a size 14), reasonably attractive for my age, and while I certainly don't dress in an overtly "sexy" manner I do like nice,feminine clothes, both pants and dresses, sleeveless during the warmer months as I hate being hot, and generally a v-neck (not low enough to show cleavage) because I have a fairly short neck and find that cut the most flattering. Most of my clothes are fairly flowy, as I don't have a shape I want to bring a whole lot of attention to. In any case, I think it's been close to 30 years years since I was hit on, and it was rare even then, so I'm not sure where all these men are who would find me distracting. I think I dress better than the Duggar girls, though, so either I dress in an even sexier manner than they do, by your definition, or "attractive" and "sexy" in women's clothing don't mean the same thing. I'm honestly a bit confused.

• Love 7
On 08/10/2017 at 11:18 AM, queenanne said:

I abide by my mother's philosophy always:  "When in doubt, buy a size up."  It's never failed me.  People, including women coworkers with no particular need to flatter me, have guessed me up to 2 sizes smaller than my actual body and up to 40 pounds smaller than the scale listing, a situation which wouldn't happen if I had muffin tops overflowing and so forth.

Like the opposite of Mariah Carey?

• Love 20

Since Boob married the girls off and transferred his authority to Derrick, Ben, Jeremy and Austin does Boob consider his self to be the Headship of the entire clan and override his sons in law?

Since Boob married the girls off and transferred his authority to Derrick, Ben, Jeremy and Austin does Boob consider his self to be the Headship of the entire clan and override his sons in law?

• Love 1

I wonder if JB & M discuss any of the married children's missteps or alternative choices with them. Or if the kids talk about with each other?

Like this Thanksgiving did they all take inventory of poorly received pictures posted and Tweets, Jinger wearing pants and fitted clothing, Jinger not pregnant, reactions to pics of Josh?

• Love 7

They have the kids nicknames on the chore chart. Why? Michelle can't remember them? Josie has "school" with a Mrs. somebody. I'm still not understanding why Michelle can't teach her own children. What does she do all day?

Only the youngest 8 kids have chores with 16 people still living in the home - true J-Slaves.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They have the kids nicknames on the chore chart. Why? Michelle can't remember them? Josie has "school" with a Mrs. somebody. I'm still not understanding why Michelle can't teach her own children. What does she do all day?

Only the youngest 8 kids have chores with 16 people still living in the home - true J-Slaves.

According to that chart Michelle teaches all the kids except Josie.  Maybe Josie needs some sort of specialized teaching Michelle can't do?

I may be wrong.  Its hard to read and appears as thought the rest of the kids have a different teacher in the afternoon.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 4

I'm surprised they have a schedule.  i thought they were free range these days!

This chart looks very new and fresh. I bet Jana totally took over when Joy left.  No way Michelle is doing a chore chart anymore. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm going to guess that Ma spends most of the day in the prayer closet, praying that Boob will be stricken with impotence, since she's not producing any more blessings.  

Jana and Jinjer look very pretty in the photo.  Even JD looks not half-bad, compared to his half-assed big brother and Boob.

• Love 5

It appears Michelle teaches certain subjects and Mrs Hannah teaches others. Unknown what that is. Maybe Josie doesn’t get whatever subjects Michelle is teaching this year. She gets 1 hour free that the others don’t before lunch. She also doesn’t have a morning chore. 

I can understand why only children get chore charts. Adults supposedly can do chores without visual reminders. However, why is a 16 year old still on this chart? Isnt he capable of knowing his schedule? Is it because the 7-8-9 year olds whine if he isn’t? 

Why doesn’t Josie get a morning chore? Why are the kids age and Nicknames on this chart? Sounds like we have additional helpers who do not know these kids. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 11

Yes, “momma” does something with the boys in the afternoons. That’s great if Josie does have her own individual teacher!  I’m sure she benefits from more focused attention.  

And im guessing Jana made up that chart!  

Looks like “therapy, encourage, prayer, massage”  for Michelle first thing in the morning – but I’m sure that’s too much to hope for! :-)

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, awaken said:

Yes, “momma” does something with the boys in the afternoons. That’s great if Josie does have her own individual teacher!  I’m sure she benefits from more focused attention.  

And im guessing Jana made up that chart!  

Looks like “therapy, encourage, prayer, massage”  for Michelle first thing in the morning – but I’m sure that’s too much to hope for! :-)

Too bad it's not psychiatric therapy for Michelle.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

wer wer...ty ty? (Can't make out the other nicknames)

Looks like Mrs. Hannah gas an extra hour devoted just to "Joze" before picking up the rest of the kids. Pity that Mechelle's later morning and afternoon are obscured, but we now have definitive proof that she's not even computer-schooling the littles. So checked out is our lovely MOTY.

Edited by Sew Sumi
stupid autocorrect
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Marigold said:

I'm surprised they have a schedule.  i thought they were free range these days!

This chart looks very new and fresh. I bet Jana totally took over when Joy left.  No way Michelle is doing a chore chart anymore. 

And it starts at 6 am?  Obviously that's Jana's schedule.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

And it starts at 6 am?  Obviously that's Jana's schedule.

The chore chart doesn't even really add up even with jana up and working!!

It is a well known fact that the Duggars do not get up early.  Jinger just talked about how her family goes to bed late and gets up late.   On a recent episode when Joy had to get up early, Michelle was up and dressed (surprisingly) but the kids were shown half asleep on the sofas because it was too early. This is common knowledge for anyone who knows just a bit about the Duggars. 

Maybe this chart was for show?  And who takes a picture in front of a chore chart, anyway?  A family who is trying to repair its image and look organized and appear as dedicated homeschoolers.  The chart looked very fresh and new and we all know the Duggars house is pretty messy and grimy. 

I think the chart was a prop! 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 18

I think one of the few times the Duggars have gotten up at 6AM was when Michelle went into labor.  Of course they had to wait until Boob had his breakfast before they could drive Michelle to the hospital.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

The chore chart doesn't even really add up even with jana up and working!!

It is a well known fact that the Duggars do not get up early.  Jinger just talked about how her family goes to bed late and gets up late.   On a recent episode when Joy had to get up early, Michelle was up and dressed (surprisingly) but the kids were shown half asleep on the sofas because it was too early. This is common knowledge for anyone who knows just a bit about the Duggars. 

Maybe this chart was for show?  And who takes a picture in front of a chore chart, anyway?  A family who is trying to repair its image and look organized and appear as dedicated homeschoolers.  The chart looked very fresh and new and we all know the Duggars house is pretty messy and grimy. 

I think the chart was a prop! 

Well, the chart was last updated a couple of months ago, at minimum, and I'm assuming that with Jinger there that these pics were taken this weekend. Hannie's age has not been updated, and IIRC, her birthday is at the beginning of October. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, the chart was last updated a couple of months ago, at minimum, and I'm assuming that with Jinger there that these pics were taken this weekend. Hannie's age has not been updated, and IIRC, her birthday is at the beginning of October. 

True.  I'm amazed it stayed so clean for a few months.  I guess they are not smart enough to make it look like it has been up for months when it was just put up for a prop? 

They just had to get that chart in the picture! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

True.  I'm amazed it stayed so clean for a few months.  I guess they are not smart enough to make it look like it has been up for months when it was just put up for a prop? 

They just had to get that chart in the picture! 

The gospel commandment according to JB and M, Gothardism and Reality TV: Thou shalt spend 90 percent of thine energy burnishing thy life into a good-looking lie. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
On 11/27/2017 at 10:45 AM, ginger90 said:

Apparently I have watched this previously (as I am sure others have) because it was on the side of another video I was watching. Just thought I'd put it here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P3EHfSCE9lg

Thanks for posting. I'm pretty sure I've seen it. Michelle looks and sounds normal and it all sounds so peachy keen to hear her explain it. But knowing the back story and how things have gone in later years it it takes the bloom off he rose so to speak. I have said before that I think Michelle is an attractive woman minus the hair and frumpy clothes. 

• Love 5