Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 12/24/2017 at 0:27 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I’m LOVING the silhouette on Michelle.  She’s such a pretty woman, and she seems to have given up on the bumpy, fluffy mullet.  The hair doesn’t look as dated. Pink blouse is nice on her, and the skirt shape shoes us she’s got a cute little figure going on.  

The design of the skirt is TRAGIC, and the shoes show us just how jacked up her feet are. She needs some sort or orthotics in her shoes, but she might just have large bunions  I’m glad to see her in nude hose and something besides her witchy shoes.  This photo tells me all I need to know about why her footwear choices are so limited.

Her body looks positively tiny, while her head/hair and feet are huge!

• Love 1

Yep, that's the photo I was referring to. I don't know how to attach things here, so thanks, ChiCriket.

You know I'm really bothered that Michelle is parasailing and it's JANA who really needs a vacation. 

Why don't her parents give her some time off to go somewhere and really enjoy herself? Can't she take some unmarried girl friend with her for accountability? Anything would be better than what she has been 'given' so far.

Women at the beach in 1902 showed more skin than Michelle does in 2017...Kelly included. They wore regular clothing to the beach and actually went in the water with those duds on. Those things are not made to be swimming in. They aren't made of bathing suit material. At least the both could have purchased that modest wear bathing stuff before this trip. MAYBE they would have looked less ridiculous.

• Love 11

The thing is, and we have discussed before, is what does Jana want? If she has been raised to be fearful maybe she doesn't want all those adventures and experiences.  We discuss from our perspectives and what we would want and what "any normal young woman" would want. Is Jana on board and being thwarted or does she accept her life.  Churchhoney has explained how hard it is both mentally and actually to break away. That is the sad part. 

• Love 18

There were tons of gifts to wrap for the Duggar house Christmas morning and the Parents of the family took off and left a DAUGHTER in charge of children, house, and ALL CHRISTMAS PREP.  Who does that? It’s just so thoughtless and mean and selfishly indulgent.  Couldn’t they have gone a few weeks earlier? Maybe those two a**h*** couples planned it so they wouldn’t have to do anything at all. Birds of a feather...

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

There were tons of gifts to wrap for the Duggar house Christmas morning and the Parents of the family took off and left a DAUGHTER in charge of children, house, and ALL CHRISTMAS PREP.  Who does that? It’s just so thoughtless and mean and selfishly indulgent.  Couldn’t they have gone a few weeks earlier? Maybe those two a**h*** couples planned it so they wouldn’t have to do anything at all. Birds of a feather...

I can completely get the JB and J'chelle are just "over" this whole parenthood thing. Unfortunately, they still have 14 kids at home, and eight under 18. If they wanted to start taking some time for themselves and relaxing with friends, maybe they shouldn't have had the last 10-15 kids, huh?

The only way that Jana is going to get out, is for her to simply leave. JB and J'chelled will never take pity on her. Since she's female, God wants her to spend her life caring for children. Since she's a good Gothard daughter, she wants for herself what God wants for her, right? I hope she's got the backbone to leave because there is no way that JB and J'chelle are going to step up and start parenting their remaining children.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Couldn’t they have gone a few weeks earlier? 

I doubt it, because then they couldn’t have “helped” Gil and Kelly celebrate their anniversary and made those sickening videos!  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I think they did plan it that way. The Bates also left their children at home to be cared for by a sister Mom, but at least it was actually THEIR anniversary (not that it makes it much better). 

• Love 3

Well, to be fair to the Bateses, the older kids were scattered all over the place. Maybe Nathan and Katie were in charge of the littles with check-ins from Erin and Whitney? I'm not sure if Carlin was in Nashville or stayed home. Oh, Josie, too. Her boyfriend is local. Someone must have gone to AR with Lawson; maybe one of the middle boys this time? They're well into their teens now and match up well in age with the younger Howlers. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I don’t think it would have mattered if the parents stayed in town. Jana would have had to do it all anyway.

• Love 16

Maybe the kids actually LIKE it when mom and dad leave town. Not to be graphic but maybe with mom and dad gone some of the boys can be in the bathroom without fear or having to explain a long bathroom trip. Maybe Jana was thinking, "Just leave already! I'll do all the Xmas prep! Just leave!"

• Love 16

Maybe TLC did a Look at the Amazing SAHD episode. I'm picturing a jingle from an old commercial being sung in the background - I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan and never ever let you forget you're a man, I'm a woman ...

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, to be fair to the Bateses, the older kids were scattered all over the place. Maybe Nathan and Katie were in charge of the littles with check-ins from Erin and Whitney? I'm not sure if Carlin was in Nashville or stayed home. Oh, Josie, too. Her boyfriend is local. Someone must have gone to AR with Lawson; maybe one of the middle boys this time? They're well into their teens now and match up well in age with the younger Howlers. 

Please refresh my memory- how young are the youngest Bates children? I know Kelly has 19, but unlike Michelle she had no sets of twins.....

Wikipedia told me they still have 9 kids under 18, and 5 kids at home under 12.......with the older kids scattered that left more work for the older ones that were left at home. But it was their anniversary so they actually had a reason to be gone.  

31 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Please refresh my memory- how young are the youngest Bates children? I know Kelly has 19, but unlike Michelle she had no sets of twins.....

Wikipedia told me they still have 9 kids under 18, and 5 kids at home under 12.......with the older kids scattered that left more work for the older ones that were left at home. But it was their anniversary so they actually had a reason to be gone.  

Not really, many if not most couples with young kids still at home don't go out of the country on vacation a couple days before Christmas just because it's their anniversary.  Kelly and Gil made a conscious decision that being home with their kids in the days prior to Christmas wasn't as important as going to the Bahamas.  They could've stayed home and celebrated there or postponed the trip to another time.  Nobody is required to take a trip for their anniversary.  As far as I'm concerned, they're just as willing to pawn their younger kids off on the older ones as the Duggars.

• Love 21
14 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Not really, many if not most couples with young kids still at home don't go out of the country on vacation a couple days before Christmas just because it's their anniversary.  Kelly and Gil made a conscious decision that being home with their kids in the days prior to Christmas wasn't as important as going to the Bahamas.  They could've stayed home and celebrated there or postponed the trip to another time.  Nobody is required to take a trip for their anniversary.  As far as I'm concerned, they're just as willing to pawn their younger kids off on the older ones as the Duggars.

Oh I agree with you. It was a reason, not a good reason! I’m not someone opposed to couples taking childfree vacations, my Mom took a week away when we were growing up EVERY year, but never around our birthdays or Christmas. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

This. I had a December anniversary. If we took a trip January was just around the corner and worked better it n so many ways. 

• Love 3
On 12/29/2017 at 1:51 PM, Mojitogirl said:

There were tons of gifts to wrap for the Duggar house

In that pic of the Duggar Xmas bedlam, there were some brown cardboard boxes with scribbling in black marker on them...."To J-whoever. From Mommy and Daddy" (blech) That's Mullet's idea of "wrapping". Straight from the Amazon warehouse to Jkid.

ETA: JessaBlessa will probably read this here (Hey, Jessa!) and post a pic and caption of how her mom doesn't waste paper and tags because she's concerned about the environment.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Is the trip going to be part of one of their shows and funded by Up network?  The duggars could have just come along on their own nickel for the photo ops. 

Anything that gets their mugs on TeeVee is gonna be worth the coins to these two 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The youngest is around 5. He and his older brother almost burned the house down. http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1132420/bringing-up-bates-season-5-episode-9

This is why you shouldn't have so many kids and leave them with your other children. My mother watched the episode. I think the father was out working in his tree cutting business and the mother was out of town. 

• Love 2

That Ghost of Smuggar Xmas Past video above was barf-inducing.

Seemed like Joshley was trying out to be a QVC host and Jackson was auditioning for Glee.

And the irony of Joshley's hoodie is that now we know he was more into the X (rated) than in keeping the (Christ) in Xmas.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

The youngest is around 5. He and his older brother almost burned the house down. http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1132420/bringing-up-bates-season-5-episode-9

This is why you shouldn't have so many kids and leave them with your other children. My mother watched the episode. I think the father was out working in his tree cutting business and the mother was out of town. 

Only the laundry room, not the whole house, was destroyed. The rest of the home is intact.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I wondered after that episode how much of an earful Lawson got.  He was the one who was supposed to be watching Jud and Jeb but he was asleep due to working nights.

For the record I don't blame Lawson for the fire and there were other semi-adult children in the house.  I'm just curious as to whether Ma And Pa gave him hell for it.

• Love 3
On 12/29/2017 at 8:25 PM, awaken said:

I also feared for the punishments the boys may have received off camera.  On camera, Kelly and Gil educated the boys about playing with matches and the danger of fire. The family appears loving but do they still follow the Pearl's methods of "training" kids?

• Love 4