Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 7/26/2018 at 6:13 AM, Jeeves said:

But, but, she wouldn't be all Godly and holier than everyone else if she did that. And she'd probably be convulsed with fear while her precious children were out of her presence and under the control of heaven knows what kinds of evil people with agendas issued by the Devil to steal those Duggar souls. 

Just like JillRod loves to say, "Public schools love to "brainDIRTY" our godly, sweet, PRECIOUS children"!

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

What age were Michelle's babies when she would lose interest and pawn then off on the older girls?

Six months. She weaned all her babies at six months and then they were moved into the girls' dorm so the J'Slaves could have the pleasure of waking up in the middle of the night to tend to their "buddies." 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 26/07/2018 at 7:30 AM, doodlebug said:

This is a common misconception (hah!) and I need to set the record straight: there is only ONE antibiotic that has been proven to make the pill less effective, rifampin, which is used to treat tuberculosis.  There is a theoretic reason why it was thought that antibiotics such as penicillin could make the pill less effective. However, excellent studies have proven that hormone levels in women taking the pill are no different when they're on an antibiotic than when they're not and the pill is just as effective in preventing ovulation, antibiotics or not.

I run into a lot of women who conceive while taking the pill, no surprise there. and the vast majority just didn't take it as directed.  It is certainly possible that a woman may ovulate occasionally when taking the pill properly, but really good studies done on women who were taking it exactly as prescribed have shown that the chances of getting pregnant are less than 1% per year.

My own opinion is that a lot of people feel guilty that they didn't take the pill properly and got pregnant and, rather than admit it to the world, they claim it was that penicillin they took.  OK by me, but not true.

The most common reason women get pregnant while taking the pill is that they don't take it every day as directed.  Michelle Duggar is far more likely to have missed some pills and gotten pregnant than any other explanation.

The pill can, however, make some other medications less effective.  Certain anti-seizure meds and some of the meds used in HIV positive people are involved which is why it is definitely important that every doctor know every medication and supplement a patient is taking.

Is it true that the menstruation that women on the pill experience is not real menstruation, and completely avoidable?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. All my knowledge on female contraception dates to high school health classes in the late 90s. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Is it true that the menstruation that women on the pill experience is not real menstruation, and completely avoidable?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. All my knowledge on female contraception dates to high school health classes in the late 90s. 

@doodlebug would probably be the best to answer this, but from understanding the placebo week of oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) is still menstruation, meaning it's still the uterus shedding lining. As far as I know, while it's still menstruation it is avoidable.

There are different kinds of hormonal birth control and they can do different things. The can inhibit the release of an egg, thicken cervical mucus so sperm can't get through, make it harder for a fertilized egg to implant into the uterus, or a combo thereof. I that's my basic understanding. The mechanics are over my head.

There are OCPs that were marketed as reducing periods (Seasonale was the first, I think), where it's 84 days of hormones and then a week of placebos, where the week of the placebos you'd have your period. The same effect can (and often is) achieved by taking a standard 21 day pack of birth control continuously or skipping the placebo week of a 28 day pack and just starting a new pack.

But always talk to your doctor or pharmacist about your best option for birth control and if it's okay to skip placebos or stack packs.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Answered in small talk since it's off topic here.

Edited by doodlebug
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I generally don't have a problem with internet shorthand, but "u" has always bothered the hell out of me for some reason. 

So I've always hated Michelle and Jim Bob just on general principle, but there are two moments on the show where I actively loathed Michelle to the point of violence. One, when they were building the TTH and she said that it was the kids who said they wanted just the two dorm rooms, which was such a blatant lie 

I don’t think it was necessarily a lie that the girls wanted to sleep in one big room; Mechelle just deliberately omitted the reason why: the girls were constantly having to get up in the middle of the night to feed babies, change diapers, comfort kids having nightmares and tend to sick children.  Putting them all in the same room meant the older girls were bound to hear any kid in need long before JB or MOTY would; allowing them to get their sleep while saving the sister moms steps between bedrooms.

• Love 13

I've always imagined that Michelle and Jim Bob said, "Hey, guys? Wouldn't it be neat to have just two big bed rooms, one for all the girls and one for all the boys?" There's no way any of them would have responded with anything but, "Yes!"

• Love 8
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that JB genuinely loves J'chelle, and loves his kids, but he makes really bad decisions -- insanely bad decisions -- over and over again, and never learns from his mistakes.

I think JB genuinely loves himself. I think he loves Michelle, I think he enjoys and has affection for his children but doesn’t LOVE them. If he loved them he would put their needs (safety, security etc) before his WANTS (looking like an alpha male stud by procreating incessantly).

For both he and Michelle the children are a means to an end. In another cultural milieu Jb& Michelle May have been childfree OR have just stopped at one child so they could have the physical, financial and emotional energy to focus on each other as they wanted (without children being neglected in the process). See how they act these days? They have a fair number of minor children at home (8 actually James- Josie) and they behave like empty nesters!

• Love 18

As a parent it would be a nightmare for me to have all those kids in two rooms. But that's because I (& and Mr Golly) took care of our kids. Michelle just closes her door when it's time for her to retire for the evening and doesn't look back. Me, on the other hand would tending to kids who are keeping each awake, tip-toeing in to care for a sick child or a waking baby.

Michelle basically had live-in nannies when her only daily responsibility was 5 minutes devoted to boinking JB. What did she do with the other 1435 minutes?

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

As a parent it would be a nightmare for me to have all those kids in two rooms. But that's because I (& and Mr Golly) took care of our kids. Michelle just closes her door when it's time for her to retire for the evening and doesn't look back. Me, on the other hand would tending to kids who are keeping each awake, tip-toeing in to care for a sick child or a waking baby.

Michelle basically had live-in nannies when her only daily responsibility was 5 minutes devoted to boinking JB. What did she do with the other 1435 minutes?

Prayed to God every single minute that she didn't lose her shit entirely.  Or reflect and regret her choices and decisions.

What pisses me off the most with these two is the sheer audacity they display.  One of these days, they are going to fall from their highly perched pedestal, and that's going to one long, hard fall.  Their only hope of being saved is JB's Aquanet slowing him down, and Michelle's newly-found love of bell sleeves slowing her down.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

There is something seriously wrong with these people -- and I mean in a mental health sort of way. There is no logic to any of this, and there never has been.

Who decides to have more children when the mother is past the point of mental and physical collapse?

Who decides to have more children when they are unable to financially support the ones they do have? When they are crammed into a 3 BR house, and eating "love offerings."

Who decides to have more children when they admittedly "don't have a heart for children?"

Who spends $250,000 on a non-starter political campaign when they can't feed or clothe their own children?

I don't think it's just masculinity at play here. The basic logic process is fundamentally flawed. I think that JB genuinely loves J'chelle, and loves his kids, but he makes really bad decisions -- insanely bad decisions -- over and over again, and never learns from his mistakes.

Are they really mistakes when he constantly gets rewarded for them? From our perspective and that of anyone with a logical world view, yes, he's fucking up royally in the grand scheme of things. But from his perspective?

All those kids are what got him the name recognition for politics. 

Continuing to have kids and homeschooling them in spite of his wife breaking down "worked out" because "god" sent him in the form of a kindly neighbor. 

That $250,000 on that non-starter campaign got him even more recognition from the media and the larger fundie political circle. 

He got his family on national TV show, he and his wife--and now his adult children--get paid to give inspirational talks. He has so much financial security that he can afford to support mutliple adult chidren and their spouses anbd buy a bunch of private planes on top of that. Even both Joshgates didn't take him down for long. 

• Love 23
53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Haven't we seen her working out on a treadmill?  I guess she gets in her exercise.  Plus reading the Bible and drinking coffee.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What did she do with the other 1435 minutes?

Devoted it to herself, of course. Like any decent narcissist would. (I did come across an article recently that described expecting children to carry out all household chores as a typical narcissist trait. That would explain a lot, I think.)

• Love 9

In all fairness she probably never parented any of her kids properly.  There’s no way she cared for three or four young’uns all day, and still had time to turn up her ass for JB at night to make more babies.  She’s been slacking on the job since day one.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

Haven't we seen her working out on a treadmill?  I guess she gets in her exercise.  Plus reading the Bible and drinking coffee.

That mullet didn't style itself, you know. 

She's been slacking since Jana and John were born. There's a reason her first and last-born are the only ones she has a real bond with, to outward appearances anyway. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

In all fairness she probably never parented any of her kids properly.  There’s no way she cared for three or four young’uns all day, and still had time to turn up her ass for JB at night to make more babies.  She’s been slacking on the job since day one.  

Well it doesn’t take much Energy to have sex as a cis woman. Michelle didn’t even need to be AWAKE. I’m not saying she was a great mother but sex doesn’t take a long time unless you’re doing it right. 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Well it doesn’t take much Energy to have sex as a cis woman. Michelle didn’t even need to be AWAKE. I’m not saying she was a great mother but sex doesn’t take a long time unless you’re doing it right. 

And who really thinks Jim Boob is doing it right?  

• Love 24
(edited)
6 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

And who really thinks Jim Boob is doing it right?  

We know he's not. Michelle explained to the girls that being joyfully available all the time is really no big deal because it "doesn't take too long". Sounds like Michelle mastered the art of being a pin cushion.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15
On 7/30/2018 at 5:37 AM, GeeGolly said:

We know he's not. Michelle explained to the girls that being joyfully available all the time is really no big deal because it "doesn't take too long". Sounds like Michelle mastered the art of being a pin cushion.

We have got to find the clip of her saying this to the girls! I remember it from long ago. Anyone? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, awaken said:

We have got to find the clip of her saying this to the girls! I remember it from long ago. Anyone? 

Was that the scene with Jessa at the coffee shop that seemed so awkward? The one where Jessa was floored that Mom wanted to tell her how to be sweet to Ben? 

• Love 3
On 7/29/2018 at 8:59 PM, graefin said:

Devoted it to herself, of course. Like any decent narcissist would. (I did come across an article recently that described expecting children to carry out all household chores as a typical narcissist trait. That would explain a lot, I think.)

Let's not forget that Michelle claimed she was the Appointment Maker for the family, which kept her very busy. I think it was in the episode when one of the Lost girls got glasses.

Regarding the dorm rooms, did ToddlerJackson who was around 2 when they moved in sleep in the girls dorm so it was easier for them to take care of him during night?  Did the older boys comfort the younger ones during a bad dream or thunderstorm or were they lugged down hall to girl's dorm?  Who took care of an "accident " in the boy's dorm? (Ewww, that's a nasty thought.) 

I cant imagine that Boob & Mechelle didn't plan for future children in the girls dorm(since girls took care of the younger ones) by allowing room for  extra real cribs, not Pack & plays.  That room had to be so crowded & messy, no matter how much the Sister Moms took care of it. 

I know we've discussed them using Pack and Plays as cribs as well as if the dorm rooms were locked but I forgot, were they? 

• Love 1

In the episode Monday night, Josiah went in to the boys' dorm looking for shoes. I couldn't believe that there was a mattress on the FLOOR. Someone was actually sleeping on the floor and that the room was such a mess...it also looked just plain dirty to me. Michelle is NOT a good mother or homemaker in the least. She is a lazy, self absorbed person. Both are not 'christian'.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

In the episode Monday night, Josiah went in to the boys' dorm looking for shoes. I couldn't believe that there was a mattress on the FLOOR. Someone was actually sleeping on the floor and that the room was such a mess...it also looked just plain dirty to me.

How do the leghumpers watch these episodes, see the same things we see, and still praise the Duggars for their organizational and housekeeping skills? They hold Michelle up as an example of the perfect Godly homemaker when the filth and neglect are right there on camera in front of them.

• Love 14

In the episode Monday night, Josiah went in to the boys' dorm looking for shoes. I couldn't believe that there was a mattress on the FLOOR. Someone was actually sleeping on the floor and that the room was such a mess...it also looked just plain dirty to me. Michelle is NOT a good mother or homemaker in the least. She is a lazy, self absorbed person. Both are not 'christian'.

They've been shown to have bare mattresses with no sheets on them and kids have slept in their day outfits. I'm sure it's been at least 20 years since Michelle did any real housework (although she is fond of donning an apron any time a camera comes out!). In one of their early shows, it was said that one of the kids' jurisdictions was their parents' room. I could maybe understand sharing the responsibility for a communal area like the kitchen or living room, but their parents' bedroom? Get out, and clean up your own damn mess.

• Love 20

That means Jana has been slacking on her household management duties. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, graefin said:

They've been shown to have bare mattresses with no sheets on them and kids have slept in their day outfits. I'm sure it's been at least 20 years since Michelle did any real housework (although she is fond of donning an apron any time a camera comes out!). In one of their early shows, it was said that one of the kids' jurisdictions was their parents' room. I could maybe understand sharing the responsibility for a communal area like the kitchen or living room, but their parents' bedroom? Get out, and clean up your own damn mess.

I grew up with a mother who expected me as the eldest daughter to clean almost the whole house.  I was pretty much in charge of cleaning every room in the house except for my parents' bedroom and my brothers' bedroom.  I just cannot wrap my head around having a daughter clean up her parents' sheets.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

How do the leghumpers watch these episodes, see the same things we see, and still praise the Duggars for their organizational and housekeeping skills? They hold Michelle up as an example of the perfect Godly homemaker when the filth and neglect are right there on camera in front of them.

You would think they would at least clean up for the camera!  That carpet hadn't seen a vacuum in weeks!

• Love 1

A lot of us used to speculate TLC brought in professional cleaners to get the house camera ready before filming. The state of the TTH in recent years pretty much confirms that theory. The majority of the people living there are teens and adults. There's no excuse for that place to be such a pigsty. That's just pure laziness on their part.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18
14 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Who took care of an "accident " in the boy's dorm? (Ewww, that's a nasty thought.) 

6 hours ago, graefin said:

They've been shown to have bare mattresses with no sheets on them and kids have slept in their day outfits.

Boys, little ones or teenagers with their accidents on bare mattresses.  That room is a biohazard and you couldn't pay me to touch any of those mattresses.  Ewwwwwww.  It's just super laziness.  There is no reason those boys cannot build another bed and be responsible for changing their sheets weekly and doing all of their own laundry.  I wonder what Kendra and Lauren thought if they watched the show.  Hopefully they are both, oh hell no! That's not happening in my house!

• Love 4

Way back when the original show was on there was a lot of speculation that there were some bed wetters among the boys and the sheets were always in the wash.  Or more likely the Duggar logic was  "the sheets are just going to get wet anyhow so why bother?"

I do remember seeing large fans running in the boys' dorm, which makes the speculation seem correct.

I recall an episode where the Bates family came to visit and the boys went to sleep in the stink bus so their guests could sleep in their room.  Yuck!

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 2

Years ago I think Michelle admitted that "some" of the little boys were bedwetters when people were wondering why they were packing 20 pairs of underpants for a weeklong trip for them.

• Love 1

I was searching the Duggar tag on Instagram for any news and came upon this. These people are the definition of leghumpers. There are a few pictures besides the video.

• Love 6

First of all it is mom's birthday not moms birthday. Second some people need to get a life. Third are Michelle and JB wearing the same type of shirt color. Fourth how far along is JB. Fifth why does JB have to put his hand on Michelle.

On the one hand, it's a super nice gesture to agree to have lunch with a fan for her birthday. On the other, it's really fucking weird to let a random fan have your number by texting him a picture, and then responding to a text from that fan months later when he asks you to surprise his wife with a birthday lunch. I know they're attention whores who love the adulation, but there's got to be a tiny sense of self preservation somewhere. 

If Michelle and JB do this kind of thing often, it's not wonder some random stranger walked into their house once, and that teen knocked on Jill and Derrick's hoping to see if Jill had given birth to Israel yet. Who knows how many instances like that there have been.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

I wonder how much JimBoob and Meechelle charge for birthday appearances.

I doubt they got paid by the fan, but they did get a free meal -- and free meals are what JB's all about!

Edited by cmr2014
The w on my keyboard is wonky
  • Love 8

I wonder if restaurants ( in the Duggar area) that offer free meals on birthdays and special occasions had to put a limit on how often you can use that benefit with large families due to certain people "The Duggars" taking advantage?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Lunera said:

I was searching the Duggar tag on Instagram for any news and came upon this. These people are the definition of leghumpers. There are a few pictures besides the video.

This is pretty freaking weird and creepy, but I’m sure Michelle found it flattering. 

On an unrelated note, Walmart gives me so much anxiety, there’s no way I could be smiling for selfies in that place. I just want to get in and out. I made the mistake of going there on “tax-free day” on Saturday and am lucky to have made it out alive.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

It looks like Mechelle is carrying a book with her. I'm thinking it's one of the Duggar books. What a birthday gift. 

Either a signed Duggar book or a Bible they can use for "fellowshipping" during lunch.

• Love 3

I think it's a copy of their book.  Gee, um, thanks.

I cannot tell you how happy I am that Walmart now does 2 day shipping for free.  On the other hand, between me and 2 of me neighbors, the ups guy is getting a workout.  :-)

• Love 5

Honestly I am surprised she even thought to bring a gift, even if it is a copy of their book that was lying around.  I get the impression that they think that interacting with "fans" is a gift in itself...

• Love 7