Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

I think he looks stupid in all the pictures; in the triple montage his hair looks ridiculous, and in the single pic, his facial expression and snide comment are ridiculous.  You can tell he thinks he just drips sex appeal in that last photo, because that’s probably what his sad harem has told him.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
On 10/6/2019 at 1:56 PM, readheaded said:

His personality is so egregious to me, there's nothing he could do to himself physically for me to find him attractive.  He's so smug for absolutely no reason.  Yuck.

I actually think he looks better in the “Happy?” photo.  That billy goat Amish look he’s worn always looked weird to me; he looks better with full growth. He’s letting some gray in there, too. It just looks better. 

Robyn must be very pleased  (cause we know the other don’t matter). 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

He looks a bit like Kris Kristofferson in the new photo.

I see that resemblance too.  He looks good actually.  But don't tell him that or it will go to his head.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I have not wanted to tell all my COLs this, out of shame and fear of shunning, but......I think Kody looks good in the last photo, even if he's trying too hard.  I think he and Christine would make a beautiful couple.  If, you know, they were actually a couple.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I have not wanted to tell all my COLs this, out of shame and fear of shunning, but......I think Kody looks good in the last photo, even if he's trying too hard.  I think he and Christine would make a beautiful couple.  If, you know, they were actually a couple.

CouchTater, I thought so.  But I didn't want to be the first person to say it.  😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

As soon as that thought started to creep into my head, I remembered that the sides of his head are shaved, his eyes are usually beady and, you know, his personality is shitty. Solves that problem.

And if that doesn't do it....

Remember the creepy dancing.... In a KILT...  that was too short...  😲

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

As soon as that thought started to creep into my head, I remembered that the sides of his head are shaved, his eyes are usually beady and, you know, his personality is shitty. Solves that problem.

Those beady, cold shark eyes are a dill-breaker for me.  Shitty, narcissistic personality is icing on the cake.  Not even if he was the last man on earth!

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
On 10/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, CouchTater said:

I think he and Christine would make a beautiful couple.  If, you know, they were actually a couple.

Yes, at this stage I think he and Christine make an attractive couple.  They both are looking good lately.  

• Love 5
On 3/25/2019 at 7:16 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Well we know Robyn's in charge when it comes to his short and curlies.....  Why stop at the nether regions.  😂

On 3/25/2019 at 8:34 PM, toodles said:

I can still smell them and I'm 62.  I remember crying whenever I saw the box.

I read these 2 posts as one being a reply to the other. I laughed way too hard thinking Toodles could smell Kody's pubic hair.  I needed the laugh. 😄

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 12/15/2019 at 4:39 AM, aimlessbird said:

I think what Kody meant when he says Robyn always got table scraps is sloppy seconds.

Whatever he said/meant I don't think Robyn has ever got any "seconds" sloppy or otherwise. She would never put up with anything but the best all around. She is the Queen of all and will not bow to anyone.

• Love 12
On 12/21/2019 at 10:57 PM, Gramto6 said:

Whatever he said/meant I don't think Robyn has ever got any "seconds" sloppy or otherwise. She would never put up with anything but the best all around. She is the Queen of all and will not bow to anyone.

If anything, this is the narrative that Robyn coached Kody on...as in, "tell the other three that rilly, I'm the wife that always comes very last on your list, even though we all know perfectly well that it's a massive lie.  This way, I can cry my patented "dry tears" and pretend that I get your pathetic table scraps when rilly I'm getting the filet mignon, if you know what I mean, and I think that you do.  Now go practice the story in the mirror until you can say it without smirking or bending over double with laughter.  Then and only then will I model my latest haul from VS for you.  Sweetie."

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If anything, this is the narrative that Robyn coached Kody on...as in, "tell the other three that rilly, I'm the wife that always comes very last on your list, even though we all know perfectly well that it's a massive lie.  This way, I can cry my patented "dry tears" and pretend that I get your pathetic table scraps when rilly I'm getting the filet mignon, if you know what I mean, and I think that you do.  Now go practice the story in the mirror until you can say it without smirking or bending over double with laughter.  Then and only then will I model my latest haul from VS for you.  Sweetie."

Love this post and the crowning touch was "Sweetie".  I recall her using this word, I think it was when she was responding to a negative comment on one of her posts and she disdainfully referred to the the person as "Sweetie".  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Robyn also called Christine's aunt "sweetie" in a disparaging way, when they were on a plyg pro & con panel.  "Do not make me a victim, SWEETIE!"  I wanted to slap her.

That was IT, thanks for jogging my memory XWord!

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Robyn also called Christine's aunt "sweetie" in a disparaging way, when they were on a plyg pro & con panel.  "Do not make me a victim, SWEETIE!"  I wanted to slap her.

Oh yes - Robyn, newest member of the Brown family, new to polygamy, new to her sister wives' extended families - had the gall to refer to Christine's aunt as "sweetie" because she dared to have an opinion about the bliss that is polygamy that differed from Her Majesty's Highest Ranking Star Fleet Commander HBIC.  I think that also might've been the very first time that I too wished I could smack her through my tv screen.

Ah, those firsts.  They just warm my heart.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

At her current weight, Kootie might prefer that she model her latest haul from the big and tall woman's shop.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Had I been Christine's aunt, I would have said You make yourself the victim, you don't need any help from me.

• Love 10
On 12/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, MonicaM said:

At her current weight, Kootie might prefer that she model her latest haul from the big and tall woman's shop.  

Considering his options...That's still better than Janelle and her wardrobe from Flagstaff Tent & Awning 

• LOL 5

Who gives a fig about what Kody wants?  He's a jerk of the highest order.

Sadly, he's stuck with four wives who seem to have varying degrees of fond feelings for him, and since they've all tied themselves to a reality show and a religion that makes the same demands...they're stuck.

Meri was first, and she admitted that she only went along with polygamy so she could marry Kody.  She worked, went to school, is pretty sensitive about only having one child, and used to use her First (and legal) Wife status to get the cream of the crop in terms of Kody's attention.

Janelle was second, bearing him six kids, and for some reason she still follows Kody around.  But she's held jobs and lived apart from the family even before the TLC gig came along.  She always seems content with whatever she gets from him.

Christine was really all in for being the third wife, and she admits that she thought that she was going to be his last wife.  She's never held an independent job and seems the most dedicated to getting Kody to love her.  She also has six kids with Kody, and has been the primary sitter for her sister wives' kids.  She's put up with more crap from him than any of the others, but she keeps hanging in there.

Robyn showed up just a few years ago.  Supposedly, Meri brought Robyn in intending for Robyn to be her backup in the power war between Meri and Janelle and Christine.  There's also the timing of Robyn being brought onboard when TLC was considering doing a polygamy show between several established families, and showing a new wife joining the fold was a very interesting story line.  Kody is said to be reluctant, because Robyn was married before and came with three children of her own, but he quickly adapted and suddenly Robyn was his obvious favorite.  She has two children with Kody.

Now Meri is divorced (legally) from Kody so he could legally marry Robyn and "adopt" her kids from her first marriage.  I'm not sure if it's a legal adoption, since her kids still visit her first husband.  Meri had an embarrassing episode where she was seduced online by a man who didn't exist and was prepared to leave Kody.  That didn't pan out.  I think that now Meri is only pretending to be Kody's wife because she get's money from TLC to do so.  But she has bought a B&B that her mother oversees, and sells clothing online.

Janelle is still hanging around, supposedly working as a real estate agent, and still content with whatever she gets from this whole polygamy thing.

Christine is still there.  I hear Kody pays more attention to her, but whatever.

Robyn still holds Kody's balls in her hands, but she doesn't seem as into him as before.  She started an online business, but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

I wonder what would happen if Kody were to die tomorrow?  Which 'wives' would really care?  

Maybe Kody should suddenly take a vacation in a remote tropical location and forget to tell his women.  Let them think he's dead.  I'm sure they'd all show up for the cameras and sob about how much they worry about him and miss him, but seeing who quickly moves on and who stays to fight it out for the Most Sorrowful Widow would be entertaining.

A whole new show!  What do they do now?  Who helps the others and who tells who to shove off!  

After a year, have Kody show up and see how he reacts to finding out that Meri is long gone.  Janelle may say, "Hey, how are you?  Let's get together later for a camping trip as soon as I can get some time off work."  Christine will welcome him back with open arms, no questions asked.  Robyn will present him with a list of questions to answer and then let him know if he's still worthy of her attention.  She'll agree to integrate him back into the show, but what will his role be?  She might want to introduce him as the ex-husband while she does other things.  It'll depend on what is the most financially productive.

• Love 7

You know, Meri appeared to be A-Ok with having just one kid during the first two seasons. It was Kody harping on the topic - even when Christine was in labor with Truely, as well as during their anniversary dinner. 

Then Robyn announced her pregnancy and suddenly, it became important (I remember Mariah having a conniption fit after the announcement, that probably was a catalyst). 

Also recently Janelle admitted that she stopped the real estate thing after moving to Flag. 

• Love 8

Who is this person??  I feel like it's got to be someone who posts here, or certainly reads here - there are so many good inside jokes!  Well done, whoever you are!

She/he's even got Kody's thousand-yard caveman stare of "duhhhhhhhh" spot-on.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 10/2/2014 at 6:37 PM, Kohola3 said:

And I really think the Ship of Fools has sprung a gigantic leak.  These idiots seem to think we find them endlessly entertaining when in reality they have done nothing of interest in at least a season.  I can't think of anything that would increase the sagging ratings other than possibly a 5th wife and the subsequent murder of King Kody by one or all of the baby mamas. 

At least they now own their own body of water for The Ship of Fools! (Although muddy, nasty, mysterious water. )

• LOL 7
On 12/26/2019 at 9:14 AM, Zahdii said:

Who gives a fig about what Kody wants?  He's a jerk of the highest order.

Sadly, he's stuck with four wives who seem to have varying degrees of fond feelings for him, and since they've all tied themselves to a reality show and a religion that makes the same demands...they're stuck.

Meri was first, and she admitted that she only went along with polygamy so she could marry Kody.  She worked, went to school, is pretty sensitive about only having one child, and used to use her First (and legal) Wife status to get the cream of the crop in terms of Kody's attention.

Janelle was second, bearing him six kids, and for some reason she still follows Kody around.  But she's held jobs and lived apart from the family even before the TLC gig came along.  She always seems content with whatever she gets from him.

Christine was really all in for being the third wife, and she admits that she thought that she was going to be his last wife.  She's never held an independent job and seems the most dedicated to getting Kody to love her.  She also has six kids with Kody, and has been the primary sitter for her sister wives' kids.  She's put up with more crap from him than any of the others, but she keeps hanging in there.

Robyn showed up just a few years ago.  Supposedly, Meri brought Robyn in intending for Robyn to be her backup in the power war between Meri and Janelle and Christine.  There's also the timing of Robyn being brought onboard when TLC was considering doing a polygamy show between several established families, and showing a new wife joining the fold was a very interesting story line.  Kody is said to be reluctant, because Robyn was married before and came with three children of her own, but he quickly adapted and suddenly Robyn was his obvious favorite.  She has two children with Kody.

Now Meri is divorced (legally) from Kody so he could legally marry Robyn and "adopt" her kids from her first marriage.  I'm not sure if it's a legal adoption, since her kids still visit her first husband.  Meri had an embarrassing episode where she was seduced online by a man who didn't exist and was prepared to leave Kody.  That didn't pan out.  I think that now Meri is only pretending to be Kody's wife because she get's money from TLC to do so.  But she has bought a B&B that her mother oversees, and sells clothing online.

Janelle is still hanging around, supposedly working as a real estate agent, and still content with whatever she gets from this whole polygamy thing.

Christine is still there.  I hear Kody pays more attention to her, but whatever.

Robyn still holds Kody's balls in her hands, but she doesn't seem as into him as before.  She started an online business, but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

I wonder what would happen if Kody were to die tomorrow?  Which 'wives' would really care?  

Maybe Kody should suddenly take a vacation in a remote tropical location and forget to tell his women.  Let them think he's dead.  I'm sure they'd all show up for the cameras and sob about how much they worry about him and miss him, but seeing who quickly moves on and who stays to fight it out for the Most Sorrowful Widow would be entertaining.

A whole new show!  What do they do now?  Who helps the others and who tells who to shove off!  

After a year, have Kody show up and see how he reacts to finding out that Meri is long gone.  Janelle may say, "Hey, how are you?  Let's get together later for a camping trip as soon as I can get some time off work."  Christine will welcome him back with open arms, no questions asked.  Robyn will present him with a list of questions to answer and then let him know if he's still worthy of her attention.  She'll agree to integrate him back into the show, but what will his role be?  She might want to introduce him as the ex-husband while she does other things.  It'll depend on what is the most financially productive.

I would call it resigned.  None of her STRIVE posts or actions suggest she is content.  She just knows if she wants her yearly bump and grind with Kody she has to put up with the rest.  She accepts crumbs for not only herself but for her kids.  Savannah being a quiet kid probably gets less attn than Truley.

• Love 2

I watched this show once, mistaking it for a spinoff of Newhart and starring one of Daryl Brothers. I'm surprised this tool is still on TV.

2127047469-.jpg

On 1/8/2017 at 10:11 PM, Kohola3 said:

"We want to check it" - what, is there some sort of written test or something?

I don't know about a written test, but am told there's an oral one. 😉

• LOL 4

Omg I must be a very sick individual. Last night I dreamed that Kody's real name was Igor Brown but he changed it to Kody for the show.

Why, just why? How did my life come to this? 

Edited by Teafortwo
cat facepalm gif didn't work; removed
  • LOL 13
4 hours ago, Elbow said:

How many siblings does he have? And have any of them left the LDS/FLDS/AUB?

I recall he has 9 siblings. His father had 3 wives when he died. In his brother’s obituary, there was also mention of an adopted brother (not included in the list of 9 he was survived by, but listed separately). No clue about the rest of your question. 

• Useful 3
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I recall he has 9 siblings. His father had 3 wives when he died. In his brother’s obituary, there was also mention of an adopted brother (not included in the list of 9 he was survived by, but listed separately). No clue about the rest of your question. 

I wonder if the obituary mentioned that his son Kody's wife Janelle, was also his step-sister.😖

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 3/27/2019 at 3:35 PM, xwordfanatik said:

If you happen to watch the earlier episodes where he takes wife #4, Robyn, on a fabulous honeymoon, the unhappiness and jealousy of the first 3 wives is quite apparent.  He favors Robyn's kids above his other 13 children, quite obviously.

The episode where the family goes to Hawaii is also quite telling.  He acts pissy, arrogant, churlish, and childish every which way.  He's a narcissistic bully, buffoon, and altogether unlikeable.  

I am sure other posters can add many other examples, as some have already.

How about when he was all giddy and excited about being on a date (and kissing) Robyn while his wife was in the hospital in labor - alone?  AND, if I recall correctly, as she was giving birth all Kody could talk about (when the camera was focused on him) was Robyn.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:23 AM, Natalie68 said:

Savannah being a quiet kid probably gets less attn than Truley.

Wait - what?!???  Truly gets attention from Kody?  I guess I was looking down at my soda during that moment.

• Love 3
On 1/20/2020 at 8:52 PM, Kyanight said:

How about when he was all giddy and excited about being on a date (and kissing) Robyn while his wife was in the hospital in labor - alone?  AND, if I recall correctly, as she was giving birth all Kody could talk about (when the camera was focused on him) was Robyn.

Wait - what?!???  Truly gets attention from Kody?  I guess I was looking down at my soda during that moment.

Truely seems to get more camera time than Savannah.  I think Christine force feeds Truely down Kody's throat sometimes.  I have always felt bad for Savannah.  Even that girls trip that was supposedly for Savannah's birthday was just a manipulation by Kody so that he could spend more time with Robyn's girls.  Imagine being a little girl and playing 2nd fiddle or 3rd wheel at your own birthday trip.  I always thought that was a shoddy thing for Kody and Robyn to do.

Edited by aimlessbird
fixed a couple of typos
  • Love 12

I have a general Kody question. When he and Meri legally divorced, did they ever do a re-commitment ceremony of any kind? I mean, the other "wives" had some sort of commitment ceremony to be "married", since he could only be legally married to one woman, who at the time was Meri. But now that Robyn is the legal wife, I wonder if he gave Meri a commitment ceremony? If not, then I should think Meri is completely divorced from Kody.

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I have a general Kody question. When he and Meri legally divorced, did they ever do a re-commitment ceremony of any kind? I mean, the other "wives" had some sort of commitment ceremony to be "married", since he could only be legally married to one woman, who at the time was Meri. But now that Robyn is the legal wife, I wonder if he gave Meri a commitment ceremony? If not, then I should think Meri is completely divorced from Kody.

They only generally touched on the fact that the "legal marriage document" has no real meaning to them.  Their spiritual commitment and religious ceremony is what matters.  Since Meri and Kody had both the spiritual and the meaningless legal done on the same day, the "legal divorce" was technically meaningless.  However...Meri did frame her meaningless document and hung it on the wall in her bedroom. And she was an emotional wreck while signing the divorce papers while cold faced Kody and Robyn looked on. So I call bullocks on that.

One of the very few times I agreed with Kody was when he stated that he didn't want anyone in the family to know when he and Robyn went to the JP office and had their meaningless legal ceremony done for their legal marriage.  Robyn wanted Meri there to symbolize Meri's sacrifice and have her be witness, but then said she wanted her kids there too.  Kody vetoed it because he said if Meri was there then the other wives would need to be there...and then all the kids needed to be there...and then it would become another wedding party etc etc.  I actually agreed with him that if only the spiritual ceremony was meaningful, then the legal paperwork should not have any acknowledgement at all.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

m. And she was an emotional wreck while signing the divorce papers while cold faced Kody and Robyn looked on. So I call bullocks on that.

Robyn was giddy and smiling while Meri signed the papers.  I remember that specifically because my blood was boiling!!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn was giddy and smiling while Meri signed the papers.  I remember that specifically because my blood was boiling!!

I thought it was awful that she was there, it seemed that she just wanted to be sure that it was done.  Robyn could hardly contain her glee.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

EXACTLY!  We discussed it here and people went back and watched the scene again - and couldn't believe Robyn's attitude while Meri was crying and crying.   I have my OWN personal theory - I think Robyn nagged Kody and wouldn't let up until he agreed to divorce Robyn and marry HER for security reasons.  At the time he was all about romping with Robyn and would have done anything for her.  Adopting the kids was a nice added bonus, I'm sure.  

Here's the dill - if the marriage license is no big deal to anyone as they keep saying ad nauseam - then:   A) Why was Meri crying and so distraught?  And B) Since it was OBVIOUS to anyone who gave a shit and had at least one eyeball in their head that it DID matter to Meri - why didn't Kody divorce ROBYN after the adoptions were final - and remarry Meri?  Because Robyn would NEVER have permitted that! 

And then everyone scratches their heads and is SOOOOO puzzled as to why Meri was catfished.  Yeah it was gross, but I think she TOTALLY felt unloved, undesirable and extremely lonely.  Kody divorces her, he tosses her aside because he is boinking Robyn every chance he gets and then he's pissed because Meri didn't cloister herself and join a monastery like she was clearly supposed to.

I remember on one of the season-ending tell-nothings, that Kootie was asked if he was going to now get a legal divorce and remarry Meri legally, and he said "why would I do that?"  I can't stand Meri at all, but I thought that was a dick move and completely heartless on that prick's part.  He's just a sack of shit, for that, and many other reasons.

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

If I could give you a thousand "likes" for this, I would.

Kootie criticizing Meri for playing the victim makes my blood boil.  He's the KING of victimization.  Poor little Kootie was victimized by Meri when she hoped to leave and find some happiness after he dumped her.  Poor guy had to flee Utah with the police hot on his trail because he's a polygamist.  He faces persecution everywhere he goes because he loudly and proudly announces to everyone he meets that he's a polygamist.  His "wives" constantly victimize him because they don't immediately jump on his outlandish ideas.  

He's mean, narcissistic, self centered, egotistical, and nasty.  Those are his good points.  It would take too long to list his negatives.   🤣

While I agree Kody is a jerk, I do not feel particularly sorry for Meri. Meri was warned that “Sam” could be a catfish. Then, when exposed, she lied about her part in it as if she were 100% victim. She pursued that relationship and refuses to admit it. 

Cant heal the wound until it’s deep cleaned and that deep cleaning requires absolute truth. It’s too late at this point. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

While I agree Kody is a jerk, I do not feel particularly sorry for Meri. Meri was warned that “Sam” could be a catfish. Then, when exposed, she lied about her part in it as if she were 100% victim. She pursued that relationship and refuses to admit it. 

Cant heal the wound until it’s deep cleaned and that deep cleaning requires absolute truth. It’s too late at this point. 

I’m with you as well, while I empathise somewhat with how vulnerable Meri was, she chose that lifestyle and she’s the one who invited Robyn in to the family and (supposedly) the one who initiated the legal divorce proceedings in the first place. She chose her fate. 

She also has never acknowledged her part in the catfishing saga preferring to play the victim to save face. 

• Love 10