Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn may actually have to feed Areola herself, better yet, maybe it's time for a 3 yr old to learn the skill of spoon to mouth co-ordination all by herself.

Never understood how a stay at home mom needs a nanny???? Oh I know - it's the joowry business...it keeps her so busy.  except NOT!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

Never understood how a stay at home mom needs a nanny???? Oh I know - it's the joowry business...it keeps her so busy.  except NOT!

Given their penchant for MLM's I am amazed that Robyn hasn't tried to start one with SWCloset.  Could be because she realizes that she is the least favored sister wife by the general public and wouldn't be able to enlist an army of worker drones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Oh OH!!  Even worse!!  He has only one wife to keep him company! Hmm.  Isn't that the favorite wife with the favorite children with the massive huge gigantic mansion with plenty of room for him to have ALL to himself!? He even gets out of driving anywhere to visit anyone because Janelle and Christine obviously have children watchers in place in their own houses.

Well, it's no fun for Kody if he's only got the one wifey to play with.  I think he gets his jollies when he's with all four of them and he gets to watch them all shoot daggers out their eyes at each other due to their jealousy issues.  That's what gets his motor runningk.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked Kody about a tabloid story. His response:

07CFCA07-EA3A-4386-99B5-69151F422A85.jpeg

There won't be a 5th wife because the women Kody attracts nowadays are older and fatter than Janelle.

There's no gorgeous 28 yr olds wanting anything to do with his old gray ass.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

The majority of monogamists never think twice about how many wives a man on the street in Shirley Temple curls might have, so we don't hate or persecute anybody.  The more you talk about it, Kody, the more we yawn.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

My amateur diagnosis:

Too much leave-in product being used in the remaining follicles, combined with a complete lack of style.

We are going to start seeing him on the ID channel and their new show about cults aren't we.  

• LOL 7

I wasn’t sure where exactly to put this, but I’m guessing Kody is the most involved with the finances. When Kody gets Social Security, if Robyn and Meri collected on his, do they get less because there’s two wives collecting instead of one? Does his share go down because his wife and ex wife are collecting off of him? I would guess they all will collect their own since I’m assuming they are paying into SS with the show, but was just wondering.  Also Kody was jabbering about having kids in school when he’s 70, has he paid for the other kids schooling?   I’m not a regular watcher, so I only remember Mariah complaining about how she just had to go to Westminster, but thought the family gave some amount and Meri forked over the rest.

• Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I wasn’t sure where exactly to put this, but I’m guessing Kody is the most involved with the finances. When Kody gets Social Security, if Robyn and Meri collected on his, do they get less because there’s two wives collecting instead of one? Does his share go down because his wife and ex wife are collecting off of him? I would guess they all will collect their own since I’m assuming they are paying into SS with the show, but was just wondering.  Also Kody was jabbering about having kids in school when he’s 70, has he paid for the other kids schooling?   I’m not a regular watcher, so I only remember Mariah complaining about how she just had to go to Westminster, but thought the family gave some amount and Meri forked over the rest.

It doesn’t matter how many ex wives there are, it doesn’t reduce the benefit they receive. Kody would have to be of retirement age, and the ex wife would have to remain unmarried.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It doesn’t matter how many ex wives there are, it doesn’t reduce the benefit they receive. Kody would have to be of retirement age, and the ex wife would have to remain unmarried.

And I believe must have been married for 10 years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

If you are divorced, but your marriage lasted 10 years or longer, you can receive benefits on your ex-spouse's record (even if they have remarried) if:

You are unmarried;

You are age 62 or older;

Your ex-spouse is entitled to Social Security retirement or disability benefits; and

The benefit you are entitled to receive based on your own work is less than the benefit you would receive based on your ex-spouse's work.

Your benefit as a divorced spouse is equal to one-half of your ex-spouse's full retirement amount (or disability benefit) if you start receiving benefits at your full retirement age. The benefits do not include any delayed retirement credits your ex-spouse may receive.

If you remarry, you generally cannot collect benefits on your former spouse's record unless your later marriage ends (whether by death, divorce, or annulment).

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

So Christine, the most devoted sister wife, has never had a legal marriage with Kootie, let alone a 10-year stretch, and who has seldom if ever worked outside the home, will get zip. Unless she's been paying into SS through her TLC earnings?  I really hope that Kootie has done some kind of provision for her in his will (assuming he has one.)  

• Love 2
(edited)

The maximum allowable SS benefit amount ($2,861/mo for 2019; $1,430/mo for ex-spouse) is only payable to those who had the maximum taxable earnings for at least 35 working years. Depending on when you retire and how much you made while working, your benefits may be considerably less. The estimated average monthly benefit for "all retired workers" in 2019 is $1,461. The ex-spouse would get an average of only $730/mo. Even with several good TLC years, this fambly's multiple bankruptcies and love of precarious "jobs" makes me think they will be lucky if they get the average amount.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 7/14/2019 at 3:34 PM, deirdra said:

If you are divorced, but your marriage lasted 10 years or longer, you can receive benefits on your ex-spouse's record (even if they have remarried) if:

You are unmarried;

You are age 62 or older;

Your ex-spouse is entitled to Social Security retirement or disability benefits; and

The benefit you are entitled to receive based on your own work is less than the benefit you would receive based on your ex-spouse's work.

Your benefit as a divorced spouse is equal to one-half of your ex-spouse's full retirement amount (or disability benefit) if you start receiving benefits at your full retirement age. The benefits do not include any delayed retirement credits your ex-spouse may receive.

If you remarry, you generally cannot collect benefits on your former spouse's record unless your later marriage ends (whether by death, divorce, or annulment).

Funny story - I started collecting.  I am remarried after 11 years with first Mr. lookeyloo.  Apparently he started collecting because the local SS office called me to say "good news!  You can collect on his because it is more and you were married more than 10 years!"  I said, are you going to waive the requirement that I am not remarried? Because I am.  Oh, she said, sorry to bother you.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

What happened!

I started watching 'Sister Wives' when it first started, I found it interesting and the people likeable.  I quit watching about 4 years ago due not having cable.  I have just started watching again with the beginning of this last season.

Kody has changed. He is now an egotistical, cold hearted, self centered rude person. I don't like this Kody at all. I don't know if I can continue to watch this.

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, yellowrosewftx said:

What happened!

I started watching 'Sister Wives' when it first started, I found it interesting and the people likeable.  I quit watching about 4 years ago due not having cable.  I have just started watching again with the beginning of this last season.

Kody has changed. He is now an egotistical, cold hearted, self centered rude person. I don't like this Kody at all. I don't know if I can continue to watch this.

Agree, while I never liked him,  in very earlier seasons he was somewhat more palatable and tolerable for sure. It was an interesting insight into the dynamic of that lifestyle at first and you thought, ok this guy seems fairly genuine, but at some point, he let his fake guard down and showed what an asshat show pony he actually was, multiple times. I really started hating on him around the time of Truely’s birth, when he was clearly more preoccupied with Robyn, than the difficult situation his pregnant wife was going through, she was abandoned and preparing the baby nursery alone, while he sauntered out of town, being enamoured with the new thing Robyn and doing the bare minimum for Christine’s emotional needs at a vulnerable time while ignoring the needs of his newborn daughter also. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 19
On 7/19/2019 at 8:04 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

I really started hating on him around the time of Truely’s birth, when he was clearly more preoccupied with Robyn, than the difficult situation his pregnant wife was going through, she was abandoned and preparing the baby nursery alone, while he sauntered out of town, being enamoured with the new thing Robyn and doing the bare minimum for Christine’s emotional needs at a vulnerable time while ignoring the needs of his newborn daughter also. 

Kody also would have let Truely die of kidney failure rather than take her to the hospital if Aspyn hadn't insisted when the wives were out of town.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

That’s weird I thought it was Gods decision, not yours...hmmm

Agree.  I could bet you if a fifth wife came along that made $300K a year and wanted to be part of the family.   They would be sealed as quickly as possible.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  I could bet you if a fifth wife came along that made $300K a year and wanted to be part of the family.   They would be sealed as quickly as possible.

For sure, but not much chance of a woman making $300K a year wanting anything to do with Kodfus and his crew!!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • LOL 7
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

For sure, but not much chance of a woman making $300K a year wanting anything to do with Kodfus and his crew!!

Well Kody and the sea hags have so much to offer, undeveloped land that carries the prairie plague, numerous MLM biznesses, fantastic spellers and a fat guy named Tonia Tony

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Well Kody and the sea hags have so much to offer, undeveloped land that carries the prairie plague, numerous MLM biznesses, fantastic spellers and a fat guy named Tonia Tony

And never underestimate the lure of 15 minutes of fame as evidenced by the plethora of "reality" TV shows.  It's a sickness.  Which, of course, we perpetuate by watching the crap.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And never underestimate the lure of 15 minutes of fame as evidenced by the plethora of "reality" TV shows.  It's a sickness.  Which, of course, we perpetuate by watching the crap.

Is it really fame even if 90% of the people I know IRL don't know who the hell they are/haven't heard of the show and most of the 10% DGAF?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, DakotaJustice said:

Is it really fame even if 90% of the people I know IRL don't know who the hell they are/haven't heard of the show and most of the 10% DGAF?

I think it probably is to them.  "I was on the teevee, isn't that just the coolest?  Aren't I just the most special?" 

Frankly I'd want to wear a bag over my head in public if I were even accidentally associated with the Brown Clowns.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

oh and don't forget about that "woke" turd

Who can ever forget that annoying little twit Mariah?  Kootie is salivating at the thought of another season with her wedding.  LOL at sea hags!

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Janelle would marry her if Kody wouldn’t. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Uh-oh.  Someone (Meri or Janelle) is going to think that's abusive.  Remember when Kootie told the Dargers that two of Kootie's wives thought sharing a kitchen was abusive?  Now they're in the same sentence, and said sentence makes no sense!  

Paedon (shoulda been Peyton, why didn't he rate a "y" in his name?) apparently rear-ended someone.  Slow news day?

• Love 4

I was an insurance claims adjuster for about 15 years. 

Interested to know if Kody even had insurance on the vehicle to begin with, and if Paedon was a named driver on the policy.  I'm guessing not. A lot of insurance companies will cancel for undisclosed drivers in the household but since legally Kody didn't actually reside at Christine's he probably got away with not listing the kids because the insurance premiums would have been horrific.

Not sure how Nevada law looks at it but in California, insurance follows the vehicle, not the driver. 

Paedon's 21 now. This accident occurred in 2017 when he was still a teen. 

I'd LOVE to see the lawsuit. The attorney is doing his/her job by trying to place the blame on the plaintiffs, but the vast majority of the time when there's a rearend hit, the liability typically rests with the driver in the back. 

Purportedly they aren't asking for much, but I note it states a minimum of $15k. Guessing that Kody has minimum BI limits on his insurance. 

Also since this happened 2 years ago I bet he's paying much higher premiums. 

5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Uh-oh.  Someone (Meri or Janelle) is going to think that's abusive.  Remember when Kootie told the Dargers that two of Kootie's wives thought sharing a kitchen was abusive?  Now they're in the same sentence, and said sentence makes no sense!  

Paedon (shoulda been Peyton, why didn't he rate a "y" in his name?) apparently rear-ended someone.  Slow news day?

This is one of those gossip sites. If a toilet overflows, it's news!

ETA: Just checked the link to Starcasm and they actually have bits of the legal docs. Plaintiffs are demanding a jury trial. Which usually means that if the Browns are being repped by insurance company attorneys, they'll move for a settlement quickly because while the BI limit might just be $15/30k, legal bills incurred can be much, much higher. 

https://starcasm.net/sister-wives-kody-brown-son-paedon-sued-over-car-accident/

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4

Way back when our daughter was a newish driver in the 90's, she ran a stop sign on a dirt road after midnight.  That ticket cost Mr. Xword and I about 1 grand over the next three years.  

Knowing the Brown's rep for being cheap and not paying bills, it would suck to be Kootie.

• Love 3

Kody's belief that the people in front were more at fault than Paedon who ran into them makes no sense.  Even if they took their foot off the accelerator (no brake lights) to slow down, it is still the responsibility of the person behind them to notice that the space between the cars is shrinking quickly - so brake accordingly!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Kody's belief that the people in front were more at fault than Paedon who ran into them makes no sense.  Even if they took their foot off the accelerator (no brake lights) to slow down, it is still the responsibility of the person behind them to notice that the space between the cars is shrinking quickly - so brake accordingly!

Unless a deposition was taken from Kody, I'm going to assume that's the (insurer's?) attorney's attempt to mitigate their losses and have a percentage of the negligence placed on the plaintiff (who was rear-ended by Paedon with enough force to be pushed into another car in front of her). 

What the attorney is trying to do is get a settlement for as little as possible. If that doesn't happen, then Kody and Paedon will be on the hook for anything more than the limits of the liability insurance policy. Paedon was legally an adult at the time so he's legally liable as is Kody as the owner of the vehicle.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They were ticketed several times in Las Vegas when the kids were younger . . . for driving without insurance.  Hmmmm.  

Why am I not at all surprised?!?

In California you can't renew your car registration if the vehicle is uninsured - Kody strikes me as the type to get basic liability coverage then let the coverage lapse once he gets his tags.

Incidentally, kudos to that financial whiz Janelle for keeping up on the premium payments. Not.

Realizing of course that most people will opt for recurring payments...

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Realizing of course that most people will opt for recurring payments...

But that supposes that there will be funds in some account to pay make said payments.  We know that they spend every dime they make on vacations.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

They were ticketed several times in Las Vegas when the kids were younger . . . for driving without insurance.  Hmmmm.  

These fine, upstanding, financially responsible people didn't have the proper insurance for themselves and their well-maintained fleet of functional vehicles? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1