Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

She claims to have wanted to be a third wife, so she may be perfectly happy with the hierarchy. 

Personally, I don’t blame Robyn or any of the wives for doing their best to get what they want. I feel like they can’t win: either they’re manipulative ball breakers or wimpy sheep. 

They really can’t win with the way their version of plural marriage is set up, imo.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Wonder how he'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

But, he told us, way back when Meri asked him something like, "if I were to pay attention to some other guy, how would that make you fill?"  Kootie answered with something like, "the idea of you with another lover sickens me."  

Kootie is a gigantic ass, and he's a pain in another, as well.

• Love 15
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

But, he told us, way back when Meri asked him something like, "if I were to pay attention to some other guy, how would that make you fill?"  Kootie answered with something like, "the idea of you with another lover sickens me."  

Kootie is a gigantic ass, and he's a pain in another, as well.

I was just going to mention this scene I’m not sure what season it was but I saw it on YouTube and Kody dare I say looked visibly disgusted when Meri said it, which is pretty ironic.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I was just going to mention this scene I’m not sure what season it was but I saw it on YouTube and Kody dare I say looked visibly disgusted when Meri said it, which is pretty ironic.

It's season one when Kootie and Meri were at the fancy restaurant for their anniversary

• Love 4

He is such a clown!

He grabs a bullhorn & screams that we have to move...then complains about how the move that isn’t necessary is hurting his feelings.

He’s lying to his wives about this 1 house, he leaves the state and pays someone to draw up house-plans. He’s got all these women making decisions about their kids and lives and it’s all based on a lie.

Also they are dead broke.

Also they HAVE to move together, 30 minutes away from each other!

Also he’s hitting lines...lol.. his teenage kids seem to know he’s a moron.

Edited by Soaper410
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Agree. Before Robyn, Christine was the favorite. Christine is the fun, peppy wife who is quite happy being the third wife as long as she knows Kody favors her. She likes being the candy after a more serious meal.

She was seriously unhappy and depressed when Kootie was newly infatuated with Robyn. But that gushiness puppy love with Robyn is over. Robyn is in charge but Kootie and Robyn fight and bicker now. Robyn is the heavy hitting entree but Christine is now back to her happy, light and sweet dessert role.

Janelle - the boring vegetable and Meri - tossed out in the trash

LOL!!      I'll bet Robyn has turned into a nagging shrew.  Christine is probably a breath of fresh air.

• Love 7
On 3/22/2019 at 8:19 PM, suomi said:

No-perm natural-color Meri, no-perm no-bleach Kody, Janelle is ginormous! She and Christine are very attractive/pretty. LMAO, how Kody fronts now that his curl is natural. 

I kind of think I remember him blow-drying it back in the early seasons; I’m thinking the curl is actually natural.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Kyanight said:

LOL!!      I'll bet Robyn has turned into a nagging shrew.  Christine is probably a breath of fresh air.

I still am of the opinion that Robyn is the fave, due that she indeed gets by with nagging him, and the rest do not.  Cootie and Robyn are the real couple, the rest are just satellites around their planet.

For example, when Christine was talking to Cootie about being an unmarried wife Cootie naturally turned the conversation back on himself by saying that he's had this talk 4 different times, while Christine gets to have it only once, indicated to me the contempt he had for her and her feelings. The look on his face at that moment was so freaking petulant that I wanted to pop him one on behalf of Christine.  I just dont get what they see in him.

As far as I can tell, he may be spending more time with Christine, but it's not due to any deep-seated fillins.  More likely due to ratings.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, WalrusGirl said:

I kind of think I remember him blow-drying it back in the early seasons; I’m thinking the curl is actually natural.

I don't think so, because the curl formation isn't uniform. Natural curl begins at the same place all the time. Sometimes, like the episodes we're seeing now, his "first" wave starts right near the scalp - that's a new perm, that's where the rods sit during the perm process. Sometimes, his "first" wave starts an inch or two from the scalp - which is a perm that's growing out, so the curl begins further from the scalp.

Same with Meri, altho she gets large rod/body perms which result in waves instead of curls. Sometimes people with fine hair get hooked on perms because 1) it looks very awkward when the hair grows and gets to be, for example, 6 inches long with 3 inches of new growth which is straight and 2) perms do provide volume altho they also cause major damage (just the chemicals to begin with added to perming again over old perm) - Exhibit A: Kody's straw head. He also bleaches or at least heavily highlights and people with fine hair should choose one or the other (perm or color), not both. 

He may have a slight natural wave, similar to Truely, but he is not naturally a Shirley Temple ringlet-head. I think he wants us to believe his color and tight curl are natural so we won't think he's vain, a sissy, whatever. Too late, LOL!

PS: Perms today, for his length hair, start at about $75, at least the same or even more for highlights! 

Edited by suomi
PS
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, suomi said:

PS: Perms today, for his length hair, start at about $75, at least the same or even more for highlights! 

Kody said Robyn taught him how to style his hair to be curly.  Do you suppose she gives him the perms at home?

• LOL 2

Anyone else here old enough to remember Toni home perms?  Did that ammonia stuff stink!

For some reason, my hair got curly after I had my daughter.  I've learned to appreciate it.  No way is Kootie's curl real.  He'll be bald soon if he keeps that perming up.  Good!!  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Kody said Robyn taught him how to style his hair to be curly.  Do you suppose she gives him the perms at home?

If so, she does nice work. When you see a perm/color on your book and someone like him walks in you counsel them heartily and make sure they sign a damage release! Or refuse the service because your reputation is walking around town on that head. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Anyone else here old enough to remember Toni home perms?  Did that ammonia stuff stink!

For some reason, my hair got curly after I had my daughter.  I've learned to appreciate it.  No way is Kootie's curl real.  He'll be bald soon if he keeps that perming up.  Good!!  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I used to work with a rowdy guy who loved to yell out, when the shop was full of processing perms and stinky, "Smells like money up in here!" 

• LOL 5
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ugh, yes,  I have spent the last 30 or 40 years trying to forget home perms.  I had friends that would do them at our sleepovers.  My own hair is naturally wavy so I passed on what looked  and smelled like torture. 

As much as I can't stand Kody, he is father of the year compared to two of the men on the Seeking Sister Wives mess that follows this.

I am still seething about how bad Ysabel feels about her curvature.  I think he is an absent father to most of the middle ones.

And who the hell came up with the idea of referring to three of them as triplets?  (I think 2 are half sisters and one is a step sister from Robyn)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I can still smell them and I'm 62.  I remember crying whenever I saw the box.

• Love 8

What is Kodys job?  Like what does he do during the day? 

Robyn is selling 3 necklaces a year.

Janelle is not selling homes.

Meri is bringing in a little income from LLR.

Christine is losing $ from LLR

But what is Kody supposedly doing? Have I missed the memo or is he running the houses like it’s Downton Abbey?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
Just now, Soaper410 said:

What is Kodys job?  Like what does he do during the day? 

Robyn is selling 3 necklaces a year.

Janelle is not selling homes.

Meri is bringing in a little income from LLR.

Christine is losing $ from LLR

But what is Kody supposedly doing? Have I missed the memo or is he running the houses like it’s Downton Abbey?

You missed the memo.  Kootie is more than busy selling his family to TLC year after year.  The 40-some weeks they're not being filmed (sold out), he's parking his lazy ass on whomever's sofa that he decides to boink that night (or week, or whatever he does.)  LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I just started watching this a couple of weeks ago.  Can someone tell me why Kody is so hated on here?  The lifestyle isn't for me, but he seems like an okay person, except for being a doofus...and that awful hair.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Honey said:

I just started watching this a couple of weeks ago.  Can someone tell me why Kody is so hated on here?  The lifestyle isn't for me, but he seems like an okay person, except for being a doofus...and that awful hair.

He has said cruel things to most of the wives, and cares about nothing except what he chooses to care about.  Example:  When Christine wanted to go visit her ailing father, he told her she'd need to take the cost of the trip out of her grocery money.  But somehow, it's not likely that he make Robyn pay for their honeymoon trip to Hawaii.

But I do agree with you about the most innocent parts of his personality, he's a doofus and has awful hair.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Honey said:

Where to begin... He said his wife Christine was disgusting fat and the way she ate nachos grossed him out and he wasn't attracted to her at all while she sat there looking heartbroken.

He makes inappropriate sexual type comments when his daughters are getting married or having babies etc etc.

His teenage daughter has scoliosis and he makes her feel like it's HER fault!

There's sooooo many reasons to hate his dumb ass I can't list them all.

• Love 14

If you happen to watch the earlier episodes where he takes wife #4, Robyn, on a fabulous honeymoon, the unhappiness and jealousy of the first 3 wives is quite apparent.  He favors Robyn's kids above his other 13 children, quite obviously.

The episode where the family goes to Hawaii is also quite telling.  He acts pissy, arrogant, churlish, and childish every which way.  He's a narcissistic bully, buffoon, and altogether unlikeable.  

I am sure other posters can add many other examples, as some have already.

1 hour ago, Honey said:

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Honey said:

Have you read the posts in this thread, beginning with the first page? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

On March 24, Kody tweeted:  "@rosecolored6 will probably never read these tweets she and @MeriBrown1 are both on a cruise.  Fun for them lonely for me"

Lonely?  He has 2 other wives at home and several kids. I wonder if he moved into Christine's home to help out there in her absence or is Annie, Christine's mom still living with her?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Where to begin... He said his wife Christine was disgusting fat and the way she ate nachos grossed him out and he wasn't attracted to her at all while she sat there looking heartbroken.

He makes inappropriate sexual type comments when his daughters are getting married or having babies etc etc.

His teenage daughter has scoliosis and he makes her feel like it's HER fault!

There's sooooo many reasons to hate his dumb ass I can't list them all.

Here are a couple of my favorites.  He picked out Robyn's wedding dress behind the wives' backs.  He dropped this little tidbit on them during filming and a heartbroken Christine walked off the set.

Caught on camera kissing Robyn prior to marriage on the way to be with Christine while she was in labor with Truely.  Then he asked Christine's OB about IVF for Meri while Christine was in labor.  Hard labor.

Kody and his love affair with his hair.  That falls under the general douchiness.

I could go on and on, but it's dinner time.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

If you happen to watch the earlier episodes where he takes wife #4, Robyn, on a fabulous honeymoon, the unhappiness and jealousy of the first 3 wives is quite apparent.  He favors Robyn's kids above his other 13 children, quite obviously.

The episode where the family goes to Hawaii is also quite telling.  He acts pissy, arrogant, churlish, and childish every which way.  He's a narcissistic bully, buffoon, and altogether unlikeable.  

I am sure other posters can add many other examples, as some have already.

I just love that you used the word “churlish” to describe Kody’s behavior in Hawaii. Fits him perfectly.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I just love that you used the word “churlish” to describe Kody’s behavior in Hawaii. Fits him perfectly.

I have so much admiration for the way xword resuscitates obscure words in the English language.  Her vocabulary is amazing and keeps our beautiful language from devolving into a series of guttural grunts.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Wasn't he sitting on the floor playing with Legos and being a toddler while in Hawaii, too?  Also he made all 57 family members stand at attention while he tried to direct how everyone parked their cars at a restaurant, he allowed his family to set up camp on the beach and then directed everyone to move to another location, etc.  Basically if he's not the center of attention at any family gatherings, he'll find an assholic way to do so.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I have so much admiration for the way xword resuscitates obscure words in the English language.  Her vocabulary is amazing and keeps our beautiful language from devolving into a series of guttural grunts.

Thanks, Sandy, I look forward to your posts, as you have a wonderful way with words.

26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Wasn't he sitting on the floor playing with Legos and being a toddler while in Hawaii, too?  Also he made all 57 family members stand at attention while he tried to direct how everyone parked their cars at a restaurant, he allowed his family to set up camp on the beach and then directed everyone to move to another location, etc.  Basically if he's not the center of attention at any family gatherings, he'll find an assholic way to do so.

Yes!  "I am the General," barked Kootie.  IIRC, they were in some coffee place when he did that.  Most of the fambly didn't seem to be impressed, poor baby.  "Assholic," what a perfect description!  hahaha

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Honey said:

And WHO can forget his "vacation" trip to Galveston with therapists in tow with Christine.  Where he steam rolls her when she wants to actually discuss their, and only their relationship.  Then he puts it on the table "you love the family and I will love you". 

But come ON!! That tweet made me laugh really loud.  Poor wittle Kody sitting at home with two wives and how many kids and he's lonely because two wives and one grown child are off on a cruise daring to have fun (or a life) withOUT him. Poor. Poor. Kody.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

But come ON!! That tweet made me laugh really loud.  Poor wittle Kody sitting at home with two wives and how many kids and he's lonely because two wives and one grown child are off on a cruise daring to have fun (or a life) withOUT him. Poor. Poor. Kody.

Actually, isn't Janelle in North Carolina taking care of her grandson while Maddie is on the LLR cruise, too? Maybe that's why Kody is lonely--he's stuck at home with most of the kids and only Robyn.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Actually, isn't Janelle in North Carolina taking care of her grandson while Maddie is on the LLR cruise, too? Maybe that's why Kody is lonely--he's stuck at home with most of the kids and only Robyn.

Robyn may actually have to feed Areola herself, better yet, maybe it's time for a 3 yr old to learn the skill of spoon to mouth co-ordination all by herself.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

TLC has random reruns every now and then and the Hawaii episode was on a few months ago.  They cut the parking lot scene.  I thought that was funny.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn may actually have to feed Areola herself, better yet, maybe it's time for a 3 yr old to learn the skill of spoon to mouth co-ordination all by herself.

She's probably still breast feeding.  Still co-sleeping from what's been mentioned.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

She's probably still breast feeding.  Still co-sleeping from what's been mentioned.

Makes me wonder if Robyn has self-esteem issues and "needs to be needed", illustrated further by her motivation for uprooting an entire family so she could play Mama Bear to Dayton.

By 1 yr. old, my kids were trying to wrestle the spoon away from me, so they could independently feed themselves, by 2 yrs. they were on their own with a little toddler fork and by 3, to keep them happy, I would give them a butter spreader to cut their own veggies.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Makes me wonder if Robyn has self-esteem issues and "needs to be needed", illustrated further by her motivation for uprooting an entire family so she could play Mama Bear to Dayton.

Wouldn't be surprised.

I was in a group with a "free spirit" mother whose 3 year old son was still breast feeding.  He'd scream "boob" and run over and tear her blouse open and latch on. I gotta tell you, it was repulsive on so many levels....

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Wouldn't be surprised.

I was in a group with a "free spirit" mother whose 3 year old son was still breast feeding.  He'd scream "boob" and run over and tear her blouse open and latch on. I gotta tell you, it was repulsive on so many levels....

Years ago, I was a realtor.  Had a mother and 6 yr old son in the back seat, he unbuttoned her blouse and took down the flap on her nursing bra and proceeded to enjoy a lil snack.  I quickly removed my eyes from the rear-view mirror and focussed on the road ahead.  Not a word was mentioned about the incident, I guess it was a common event in their lives.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Had a mother and 6 yr old son in the back seat, he unbuttoned her blouse and took down the flap on her nursing bra and proceeded to enjoy a lil snack. 

I wonder if she goes to school with him - bet that would be something the kids in the lunch room would enjoy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

If true, no wonder Kootie seems to be more appreciative of Christine, of lately.  AFAIK, she has no co-sleepers, and Kootie has to get his jollies somewhere.  Sorry for the mental picture.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 6/11/2016 at 1:43 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Breaking news: The Kodouche wore extensions when he got a crappy hair cut during the Great Flee from Persecution. He considers it a low point and really bad hair. Problem is, I can't tell the difference between his "good" hair and his "bad" hair.

http://www.fishwrapper.com/2016/06/11/sister-wives-preview-clip-kody-brown-hair-secret-confession-video-polygamist-reality-tv/

I'm in the way back machine today.  I thought you might enjoy this.  

I guess it doesn't matter that you make your family miserable and scare your children half to death as long as your hair looks good. I hope the link still works.

The link works, but not to this story.  You get the idea.

Edited by toodles
I should have checked the link first.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, kimaken said:

Oh OH!!  Even worse!!  He has only one wife to keep him company! Hmm.  Isn't that the favorite wife with the favorite children with the massive huge gigantic mansion with plenty of room for him to have ALL to himself!? He even gets out of driving anywhere to visit anyone because Janelle and Christine obviously have children watchers in place in their own houses.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, toodles said:

The link works, but not to this story.  You get the idea.

How short was the cut and how long were the extensions?  I suspect their condition was better than his real hair.

• Love 1