Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

Totally agree @altopower!  His first answer to any question re a problem is "It wasn't me that...." to whatever happened "The mothers or the kids did it first..." or whatever. NEVER once, NEVER, he is the cause/blame for anything.... Disgusting mound of flesh that thinks he is King of it All!!!  🤮

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

IF everyone in the brown family in flagstaff followed all the rules , how would kootie have moved the goalposts ?

I believe the references from Janelle about moved goalposts was because Kody gave out the printed "rules" too close to the Thanksgiving holiday and there was no way anyone in Janelle and Christine's families could comply (Holidays 2021). They all knuckled down for Christmas and got the family together that year.

Fast forward to the arguments of 2022 in this season... Kody then changed up the "they need to follow the rules" to force everyone to obey to "the boys need to apologize have a conversation" so that they could swear fealty to the all powerful God King Kody... while on bent knee apologizing groveling. Janelle accused Kody of first demanding the rules be followed then changing his tune and moving the goalpost to then demand the conversation forcing them to be separate...and then throwing a tantrum because they were all separate.

Typing it all out makes it sound even more ludicrous than it was on the show.

• Like 13
  • LOL 3
On 12/24/2023 at 4:05 PM, Roslyn said:

I believe the references from Janelle about moved goalposts was because Kody gave out the printed "rules" too close to the Thanksgiving holiday and there was no way anyone in Janelle and Christine's families could comply (Holidays 2021). They all knuckled down for Christmas and got the family together that year.

Fast forward to the arguments of 2022 in this season... Kody then changed up the "they need to follow the rules" to force everyone to obey to "the boys need to apologize have a conversation" so that they could swear fealty to the all powerful God King Kody... while on bent knee apologizing groveling. Janelle accused Kody of first demanding the rules be followed then changing his tune and moving the goalpost to then demand the conversation forcing them to be separate...and then throwing a tantrum because they were all separate.

Typing it all out makes it sound even more ludicrous than it was on the show.

I’m wondering what he would have changed the goal posts to be.  Because we know he didn’t want to go to other houses 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 12/23/2023 at 11:48 AM, Gramto6 said:

Totally agree @altopower!  His first answer to any question re a problem is "It wasn't me that...." to whatever happened "The mothers or the kids did it first..." or whatever. NEVER once, NEVER, he is the cause/blame for anything.... Disgusting mound of flesh that thinks he is King of it All!!!  🤮

Robyn is the same way. She said on the last episode that she is at peace with herself, doesn't feel she did anything wrong and could meet her maker with a clear conscience. So this should make for an "interesting" monogamous relationship going forward. 

Kody must also dye his hair. I just noticed that he is blonder now than he was when the show first started. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Kody must also dye his hair. I just noticed that he is blonder now than he was when the show first started. 

He's gray at the roots many times. Just cut that mess off to a short length and spend all the hair time calling his kids.

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Based on that image I think he would look better bald than he does with that witch's nest he has right now.

I snort looking at him with the yellow ringlets falling around the beady-eyed angry face. He thinks he's such hot stuff with the 6-pack abs and great pecs but he must never look in the mirror above the neck.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
21 hours ago, altopower said:

I snort looking at him with the yellow ringlets falling around the beady-eyed angry face. He thinks he's such hot stuff with the 6-pack abs and great pecs but he must never look in the mirror above the neck.

If he thinks he’s got 6 pack abs, he must never look below the neck either. I see him solely focusing on his lucious locks. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12

Sometimes when I'm bored, I go to Google News and search for Sister Wives. My, my, almost everything up there today is how Kody is denying this and snapping at that, all with those small pics of his stringy hair and beady little eyes - and the ever present blue plaid shirt. He's in a very bad place right now and all of these "look back, talk back" shows and the mostly-clips shows have really given us a chance to see how awful he was and still is. He doesn't like it. And he doesn't like being showcased as such a rotten husband.

• Like 3
  • Applause 13
  • Love 1
On 12/26/2023 at 1:41 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

We also learned that it’s Robyn who taught him how to do the ramen curls. 

All the scrunching in the world can't make perm curls.

On 12/26/2023 at 5:12 PM, Nysha said:

Based on that image I think he would look better bald than he does with that witch's nest he has right now.

True.  Just shave it down close to the scalp.  About 1/4" would look good.  

• Like 9

You're right Kody's curls do not come from scrunching.  I have curly hair that can be scrunched with mousse to be curlier and it definitely does not produce unequally sized spirals.  It's a perm or hair set on perm rollers.  If his natural hair was spirals (my granddaughter's is) then you have to work remove the spirals.  She does crazy head flipping and hair shaking to loosen and blend them.  Kody's hair would have been reverting to spiral curls for the entire show if they were natural.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 6
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1

True.  I have what my mother always calls baby fine/flyaway hair.  It is very hard to style it.  When I styled my hair, I would get a wave perm, just so it would hold a little wave.  Once and once only did I get a curly perm.  I didn't like it.  But it was easy to care for.  Just let it dry, After scrunching of course.🤣

• Like 9
On 12/19/2023 at 6:35 PM, NoWhammies said:

Sure, sure. But he did mention he wanted to "check himself into the hospital" (as one does) so he could be with Robyn. He probably had to wait until the 4 PM check-in time so housekeeping could make up his room, and by then he'd learned Robyn would be fine and it was time to take her home. 

And that was after he held up a thermometer and his temp. was a little over 99. He then announced that he had Covid "thats for sure."  i can just imagine him trying to "check"  himself into a hospital with a low grade fever during Covid. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

Has anyone brought up the possibility of Kody having ADHD? He just seems so textbook: the impulsivity, inability to make a plan and follow through, short attention span, constant need to be in motion… 

To clarify, I am NOT excusing Kody’s behavior, nor am I saying that all folks with ADHD are like Kody. Kody just happens to maybe have ADHD and ALSO be a complete asshat. 

• Like 10

Kootie needs to examine his sales techniques. He used to could sell the wives on many stupid ideas.  And then they stopped falling for it.   Or his plan is to sound so ridiculous people just agree to get him to shut up

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
On 12/26/2023 at 11:41 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

We also learned that it’s Robyn who taught him how to do the ramen curls. 

His hair last night reminded me of this:

image.png.3756e9dd36bf3df1374e421fe890620f.png

• LOL 20

I wonder how kootie thinks he and david will become friends ?  Cause Christine and David will spend holidays with their families in Utah.  Christine probably would bring truly herself unless Ysabel does it.   I realize he still thinks he is the nucleus of the family  even though all evidence shows that’s untrue   But he wants the plague pond lot because his kids will suddenly start coming to see him ???   My hope is that when they start getting utilities put in and the pond has to be removed completely 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wonder how kootie thinks he and david will become friends ?  Cause Christine and David will spend holidays with their families in Utah.  Christine probably would bring truly herself unless Ysabel does it.   I realize he still thinks he is the nucleus of the family  even though all evidence shows that’s untrue   But he wants the plague pond lot because his kids will suddenly start coming to see him ???   My hope is that when they start getting utilities put in and the pond has to be removed completely 

The pond isn't a pond, it's a type of retention ditch. Part of their properties are a flood zone and water flows from the road that they often film on through the center of the properties into the "pond" where the solids can fall to the bottom and the water on the top flows out the other side.

They are to control the flow of the water and trap it during heavy rains or snow melt from the mountain to prevent flooding. If you look closely at the aerial view they show of the properties you can see (with the different color of the soil) the flow of the flood waters.

I believe that the weird mountains of random dirt are from the "pond" being dug out. Eventually it will fill with dirt and debris and needs to be maintained.

Way back when the realtor was telling them that they could line it and stock it with fish...I wonder if that was just some random thing said for a storyline, but that ditch is most likely controlled by the local authorities governing water flow.

• Like 9
  • Useful 6

I had not watched the presentation on why they “needed” to move from Vegas.  And boy howdy did that make me angry    He wanted to run for office.   And was speaking like he would have a lock on winning.   There is confidence.  And then there is kootie.   Secondly, having the hair bounce back and forth between dry caveman mess to decent curls was something to behold.   Next, I would love to know where he got his information that made him believe the housing market was at the top and about to drop … cause it was wrong.  
and it shows how little regard he actually has for his children.  To needlessly uproot them for stupid reasons.  He was restless and he wanted to be a big fish in a big pond. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Kody has always seemed to thrive on chaos. He could keep the wives off balance by being on the move, but running around between houses on the cul de sac was no longer enough, expecially because the wives could see from their windows that he was at Robyn's 90% of the time.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
On 1/7/2024 at 6:50 PM, ladle said:

Has anyone brought up the possibility of Kody having ADHD? He just seems so textbook: the impulsivity, inability to make a plan and follow through, short attention span, constant need to be in motion… 

To clarify, I am NOT excusing Kody’s behavior, nor am I saying that all folks with ADHD are like Kody. Kody just happens to maybe have ADHD and ALSO be a complete asshat. 

I think we all agree that there is something seriously wrong with this guy. The things you mention could indicate ADHD, especially when you take his restless (almost frantic) behaviour into consideration. Just check a random episode from the Utah or Vegas era and you'll see.

Having said that, I also think that being an autocratic polygamist head of a large family partly made him the way you described. Whatever he cooked up, was executed by the wives. Whatever he decided, happened. Whether it was marrying Robyn or moving house a 100 times. So he could easily abandon a plan and come up with something else. He didn't have to pay attention or finish anything he started, it was done for him. This type of behaviour also gave him a huge sense of power.

I'm sure it fed his already inflated personality and made him the despicable narcissist we see on tv. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1