Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

On 7/27/2023 at 12:46 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

No doubt Robin and the older girls also had to have a panic attack about being attacked and the sinfulness of a homaseckshul wedding. The three older kids are old enough to make a decision, but why they didn’t bring the Chikun Tenders to see their all siblings? 

I had to laugh at this comment, although in reality, I feel that Robyn and Kody both feed into the girls' anxiety driven panic attacks. I've never seen parents leap to the ready so quickly because a kid is having a minor panic attack. Their interference alone ramped her panic attack from a 3 to a 10 in 1 minute.My panic attack would get worse with all that attention focused on me. But clearly she didn't mind because she allowed Kody to carry her up to her room even though she's a full grown teenager. As a person who actually suffers from panic attacks, that scene will forever be in my mind for how symbiotic it was.

I am going crazy while reading the forums. Ever since primetimer revamped its forums, I keep having miniature videos pop up and play right in the middle of my typing or reading. It's driving me nuts and I don't know how to get rid of them! I never had this before.

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
26 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Doesn't that essentially cut off the ties with their bio dad?

I think that would depend on any deals that were made.  I am still not convinced it was a real adoption anyway.  Maybe biodad let Kootie have some decision-making power in exchange for visitation rights.

And he's still the biodad even if the kids were truly adopted.  With that family at the top of the Lie Pyramid, he might have had the kids visiting for years and is a nice guy.  We only know the BS that the Browns spew to keep people watching and probably 99% is just made up.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

And he's still the biodad even if the kids were truly adopted.  With that family at the top of the Lie Pyramid, he might have had the kids visiting for years and is a nice guy.  We only know the BS that the Browns spew to keep people watching and probably 99% is just made up.

I've always wished bio dad would spill the tea about his and Robyn's marriage. The fact that he never did either means he's the opposite of what she claims, He's afraid of her craziness and she has something on him, or they paid him off. Boy oh boy, this show has jaded me.

On 7/22/2023 at 7:05 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Being perpetually late can be an anxiety symptom, or it can also be a power trip.

I've always viewed being perpetually late as an extreme power trip on par with always having the last word. Some people insist upon making an entrance.

• Like 14
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I am going crazy while reading the forums. Ever since primetimer revamped its forums, I keep having miniature videos pop up and play right in the middle of my typing or reading. It's driving me nuts and I don't know how to get rid of them! I never had this before.

Yes.  I read this on my phone and the video covers quite a bit of the screen. Last week or so, there were huge ads at the top too.  Made it impossible to read. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

I'd be surprised to hear that they even interact with their father. Robin convinced Kody to adopt them. Doesn't that essentially cut off the ties with their bio dad?

Adoption is a legal status. What people choose to do socially and personally varies by circumstance. Placing your kids for adoption doesn’t mean you’re legally forbidden from seeing them if their legal parents are fine with it or even encourage it. 

Many children who are adopted at older ages keep social ties with their birth family/parents. Especially in communities where intra-family adoption is more common. 

Given the age the kids were when Kody adopted them, and if David’s motivation to agree to the adoption was partly financial (all child support obligations would be forgiven), I wouldn’t be shocked if they kept in touch or visited him/his side of the family as teens/adults. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

All my similar issues went away when I downloaded and started using DuckDuckGo. It’s wonderful. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
On 8/5/2023 at 2:35 AM, Chalby said:

I've always wished bio dad would spill the tea about his and Robyn's marriage. The fact that he never did either means he's the opposite of what she claims, He's afraid of her craziness and she has something on him, or they paid him off. Boy oh boy, this show has jaded me.

In my opinion, it says a lot about him. He could have chosen the limelight to tell his side of the story, but he chose not to, remaining an almost dignified silence.  It definitely spared his kids the humiliation of witnessing a very public fight. 

I’m not saying this guy is a saint as there are usually two sides to a story. But we have seen enough on tv to at least question some of what Robyn has said.
Also, no mom would send her kids to their dad on a holiday if he truly was that dangerous and awful. I also seem to recall a recent rumor about Dayton possibly relocating to Montana to be closer to his real dad??

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

That divorce was nothing legit except Kody and Robyn wanting to be the legal couple.
It made a shocking storyline, and got Robyn the official HBIC title. 
Their real dad was not a threat. COPS and Utah or Nevada of wherever they were grifting were not a threat. 
This was nothing but manipulation on the grounds of saving the children, who were in a very safe place already.

Meri was so desperate to be one of the cool kids and have a secret from janelle and Christine that she let herself be treated like garbage. Meri is desperate and stupid.

If I were Christine or Janelle, That honestly would’ve been the line drawn to make me leave. The whole scheming secrecy then BAM here’s what we’re doing, you have no choice, basement wives, would’ve been it for me.

Robyn is a stealth manipulator and deserves everything she has brought upon herself. Kody has to take blame because he goes alone with it all and refuses to take responsibility. Meri is mean yet stupid, and I’m so glad the other two are gone. They’re not faultless either, but so glad they have enough backbone to go.

• Like 15
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If I were Christine or Janelle, That honestly would’ve been the line drawn to make me leave. The whole scheming secrecy then BAM here’s what we’re doing, you have no choice, basement wives, would’ve been it for me.

I think that Janelle knew right away what Kody keeping that secret meant for their future relationship. Christine did try to be supportive because she’s a natural peacemaker, BUT Kody made it plain as day that Robyn was his favorite, his only love, and the emotional needs of the other three didn’t matter to him. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think that Janelle knew right away what Kody keeping that secret meant for their future relationship. Christine did try to be supportive because she’s a natural peacemaker, BUT Kody made it plain as day that Robyn was his favorite, his only love, and the emotional needs of the other three didn’t matter to him. 

Janette made comments at the time that the secret, the divorce, and the marriage would change the dynamics of the family. I remember the scene.  

Kody and Robyn didn’t tell them ahead of time because 1- they knew they would object.  2) They wanted this over their objection.  I think he knew then he didn’t want to be married to anyone but Robyn.  He’s been freezing them out ever since. 

• Like 20
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Janette made comments at the time that the secret, the divorce, and the marriage would change the dynamics of the family. I remember the scene.  

Kody and Robyn didn’t tell them ahead of time because 1- they knew they would object.  2) They wanted this over their objection.  I think he knew then he didn’t want to be married to anyone but Robyn.  He’s been freezing them out ever since. 

Yup. 

• Like 7

What else would they expect from the Brown kids, especially the ones closer to adulthood, than to dislike or resent all the attention and preference Robyns kids received. Or was dictated and demanded by Kody? The Brown kids lives were disrupted by new family members, moves, etc. That’s a lot for anyone to process and accept 100 percent immediately. Then you have your Dad ignoring you to gush over them? Put their wants above your needs? That’s just asking for trouble.  

• Like 19

When he told Christine to save her grocery money if she wanted to go see her father , she should have smacked him , and never fed him again   You  know he had to go over to her house and eat like he’s never been fed before     And uprooting everyone who was thriving  Because 1 of Robyn’s was going to school elsewhere 

• Like 16
On 8/4/2023 at 5:02 PM, Chalby said:

Same here it’s so annoying plus I’ll write an entire post and 9 times out of 10 before I can hit submit my page will suddenly refresh and my entire post is gone.  🙄

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1

How they decided it was fair for Meri to have extra money for vacation while the other two struggled to feed their kids boggles my mind.

Thats the first sign Meri is evil. She literally took money for food from her family because she was mad she couldn’t have more children. That is the epitome of selfishness. Why the other mothers and Kody mainly went along with this is beyond comprehension. Then he turns around a few years later and says well ROBYN needs a bigger house bc she has more kids at home. Why doesn’t Robyn just save her grocery money?

I do agree more people need more resources, whether it’s food, room, etc. But Meri demanding the same budget for fewer people began my disgust with her. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

The joke was on Meri.

Instead of her carefully prepared chicken and asparagus meals, Leon chose to have tater tot casseroles at Christine's home.

It just may have been the joyous atmosphere that was more appealing to Leon.

• Like 15
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

How they decided it was fair for Meri to have extra money for vacation while the other two struggled to feed their kids boggles my mind.

Thats the first sign Meri is evil. She literally took money for food from her family because she was mad she couldn’t have more children. That is the epitome of selfishness. Why the other mothers and Kody mainly went along with this is beyond comprehension. Then he turns around a few years later and says well ROBYN needs a bigger house bc she has more kids at home. Why doesn’t Robyn just save her grocery money?

I do agree more people need more resources, whether it’s food, room, etc. But Meri demanding the same budget for fewer people began my disgust with her. 

And how kootie asked Christine for some of her house money because Mer bear had overspent and her big empty house 

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I didn’t watch the earlier episodes but I can’t figure out why they didn’t consider the cost per capita as much as they considered fairness to each of the three wives. I can understand that it’s not fair for one wife to live in a larger, nicer home while another lives in a smaller and/or less desirable home. But food? No way should Meri have had as large a grocery budget as Christine or Janelle or Robyn. Also, wasn’t Robyn the only wife to ever demand that each child have his/her own room? That’s ridiculous when you have five kids. 

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I didn’t watch the earlier episodes but I can’t figure out why they didn’t consider the cost per capita as much as they considered fairness to each of the three wives. I can understand that it’s not fair for one wife to live in a larger, nicer home while another lives in a smaller and/or less desirable home. But food? No way should Meri have had as large a grocery budget as Christine or Janelle or Robyn. Also, wasn’t Robyn the only wife to ever demand that each child have his/her own room? That’s ridiculous when you have five kids. 

Not to mention, that Sobbyn put a note on her refrigerator telling the non-Sobbyn kids to check with her or the nanny before they ate anything.

Well, dear Sobbyn did have "to save her grocery money" for an exclusive Hawaiian vacation with that jackass Kootie.  She held herself and her spawn apart "from day one," all the time claiming she was all about the whole family.  Utter bullshit.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

The didn’t go per capita bc Meri had a big nonsensical sob story about how she only had one actual child, but she WANTED 8, so she should be budgeted for 8. It wasn’t her fault she didn’t really have as many actual humans to feed as the other moms, so she shouldn’t be punished. Which made zero sense then and zero sense now. 

• Like 24
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'd bet it was all part of their agreement when Meri divorced Kody to marry Robyn. IOW, instead of alimony (per month or year), she asked for upfront costs for which she felt entitled. Kody's only choice was to put up or shut up, regardless of how it would effect his other 2 wives and all their kids.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3

A couple of things…..

What vacation is being referenced?

How did Kody think Christine could give Meri money that was her mortgage? I never understood this.

IF the division of money was from the show, it should have been equal.

• Like 4
On 8/7/2023 at 8:05 AM, mythoughtis said:

But yet he seems manic that they’ve all left. He wanted them to stay in the flock and somehow be happy about being frozen out.

Unsure if true, but there have been articles floating around about Kody being angry with Robyn and blaming her for the other wives leaving. Well, duh. This was a slow-cooker of a disaster that took a decade to create. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Not to mention, that Sobbyn put a note on her refrigerator telling the non-Sobbyn kids to check with her or the nanny before they ate anything.

Well, dear Sobbyn did have "to save her grocery money" for an exclusive Hawaiian vacation with that jackass Kootie.  She held herself and her spawn apart "from day one," all the time claiming she was all about the whole family.  Utter bullshit.

From what I saw on some of the paperwork re her divorce (WOACB, I know 🙄), she was still getting food stamps in 2010 when she spiritually married Kody.   Maybe that was why.  Or she was a bitch.  Sobbyn didn't have to save anything.  Including her cookie.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

From what I saw on some of the paperwork re her divorce (WOACB, I know 🙄), she was still getting food stamps in 2010 when she spiritually married Kody.   Maybe that was why.  Or she was a bitch.  Sobbyn didn't have to save anything.  Including her cookie.

Maybe the note on the door was taking things a bit far, but I have known larger families where there just isn’t a lot of extra food laying around. The kids don’t really eat anything without approval for that reason. And their friends definitely don’t snack. One family I know had a water cooler and the kids visiting the house were always welcome to get water but they weren’t allowed to eat anything there. As the dad explained, feeding five kids cost a lot as it was; feeding all their friends (even chips and cookies) would have been cost prohibitive.

Anyone else old enough to remember the episode of Three’s Company where Chrissy keeps eating all the food in the apartment (yeah, right) including a big bowl of peaches Jack had sliced to make peach Melba? So he challenges her to go without eating an entire day (or something like that)?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

I watched the Tell-All again yesterday (I know, I know)  but what I came away with is that Douchie really thinks he's ALL THAT!!  He said something like "I don't care about LOVE, I care about RESPECT"...  and then there was the comment about his only fear is being "poor" or something.

Jeebus.  WHAT AN ASS!!!

Then he blamed Christine for everything that went wrong with the family. Every, single thing.  As though HE had clean hands!!  I'm surprised it took Christine as long as it did to get the hell out of that toxic relationship.  Janelle too.  Even Meri!

I hope they all are so, so happy without Mr. & Mrs. Douchecanoe.  They deserve each other.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 8/8/2023 at 7:05 AM, TurtlePower said:

But yet he seems manic that they’ve all left. He wanted them to stay in the flock and somehow be happy about being frozen out.

Unsure if true, but there have been articles floating around about Kody being angry with Robyn and blaming her for the other wives leaving. Well, duh. This was a slow-cooker of a disaster that took a decade to create. 

Kody is a narcissistic asshole, he didn’t love the first 3 anymore (if he ever did) but he loved them fighting over him, jockeying for attention, complimenting him, pumping up his fragile ego.

He also knew that Robyn loved being his favorite, pretty hard to be the “favorite” when you’re the only wife.

I think one of the things that brought Kody and Robyn so close together and “in love” was their mutual delight in watching the other 3 wish they could have what Robyn had.

When Christine left she started the avalanche of wives that pulled the rug out from under Kody and Robyn’s perfect world.

I also think Robyn loved her kids being Kodys favorites while his other kids begged for his scraps…. Those days are over, like Hunter said “Let Robyn have have him, we don’t need a father figure anymore” 👍🏻

• Like 5
  • Applause 15
  • Love 1

I can't begin to imagine how Kootie has been so negligent of a father, that Garrison had to call and ask Sobbyn, "can we have our dad back?"  And instead of telling that turd to shape up and visit his other kids, she dug her claws further into Kootie's balls, and kept on hogging all of his time for the Chicken Tenders.  What an evil woman!  

🤬

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 17
  • Love 3
On 8/26/2023 at 5:31 AM, Joan of Argh said:

I also think Robyn loved her kids being Kodys favorites while his other kids begged for his scraps…. Those days are over, like Hunter said “Let Robyn have have him, we don’t need a father figure anymore” 👍🏻

It was Garrison who said "Let Robyn have have him..." in the promos we got for season 18. I don't think Hunter was even present in those scenes. Like Logan, Hunter is off living his best life (and more power to him). 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The already infamous ear-piercing scene got me thinking about Kody's twisted priorities.

He'd have to play second fiddle for Ysabel's surgery. It would be all about her and he could do nothing other than sit by Ysabel's bedside and be there for her. That's hard for a selfish bastard like Kody, who wants to be front and center at all times. Enter AuRoaRa, who was so scared of having her ears pierced! An excellent opportunity be the heroic and loving dad who could swoop her up and carry her out if needed.

I always thought Kody shunned any responsibility out of laziness or a lack of interest. Yet, there seems to be a pattern in him escaping (or not investing in) family gatherings or responsibility if he cannot be the center of attention. Gwen's wedding now comes to mind...

• Like 17
  • Applause 3
On 8/28/2023 at 5:26 AM, General Days said:

It was Garrison who said "Let Robyn have have him..." in the promos we got for season 18. I don't think Hunter was even present in those scenes. Like Logan, Hunter is off living his best life (and more power to him). 

I knew I’d get it wrong, I can’t seem to keep those boys straight in my mind.

I think part of the problem is Garrison also calls himself Robert the Brown

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I knew I’d get it wrong, I can’t seem to keep those boys straight in my mind.

I think part of the problem is Garrison also calls himself Robert the Brown

Right? It's so confusing. Apparently Robert is his first name (after Janelle's late father) and Garrison is his middle name.

Don't feel bad. Kody can't even remember his own kids' birthdays.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

And Ariella doesn't know her own Non-Robyn siblings.

THIS is the biggest load of crap.  If Robyn cared, she would make sure Areola knew her siblings names.  There are these things called photos and LIVE ACTION movement on tv.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Teri313 said:

And Ariella doesn't know her own Non-Robyn siblings.

She knows them.  She wanted to give Truely a hug at the ‘Christine’s leaving tomorrow’ debacle organized by MyKelti.  Kody wouldn’t let her.  

It’s Kody’s responsibility to stay in his kids lives and to make sure his younger kids know his older ones. He is capable of organizing activities outdoors or indoors Restaurants etc .  were open for normal business in the fall if 2021 and since.  

• Like 11
21 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Seriously though, there’s a 20+ year age gap between the youngest and eldest. It’s natural and expected for older siblings to leave the coop before younger, so even without the rift, Ariella is going to have trouble remembering who everybody is. 

I don't buy that Ariella doesn't remember who all her siblings are.  I know three and four year olds who know all their relatives through their parents' cousins.  I think it was something they said for the show to exaggerate.

The only way I'd see it is if Robyn and Kody deliberately quit talking about the siblings when COVID began to create separation.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 8
13 hours ago, General Days said:

There was an episode where Ari (and possibly Sol) didn't know some of the kids. The details are totally gone from my head, but I remember being surprised that they had to sort of prompt her to say hi to whoever.

There were two moments that I can remember in the last season or two. One was filmed at Robyn's house on Christmas.  Ari was (I think) asking who gave her the gift she opened and she pointed and said "her or her" and someone answered with the girls name.

Another was with Solomon. They were gathering in Christine's AZ house backyard and when some of the older kids walked by Sol, Kody said "hey! It's Garrison and Gabe and Savannah!" (not sure if those were the exact names or not) but it made it look like Kody was saying the names so that Solomon would know.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Another was with Solomon. They were gathering in Christine's AZ house backyard and when some of the older kids walked by Sol, Kody said "hey! It's Garrison and Gabe and Savannah!" (not sure if those were the exact names or not) but it made it look like Kody was saying the names so that Solomon would know.

To be fair (which doesn't come easily when I talk about Kody), Solomon might know the names but not what the people look like now. So Kody may have been reminding which faces went with which names. Or not. It's Kody.

• Like 7

Kody’s newly acquired word of the week seems to be gaslighting. It’s interesting how he accuses everyone of gaslighting but completely fails to grasp that his behaviour is the exact definition of gaslighting. It shows how distorted his views of the world (and of himself!) have become.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2