Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

792EDB64-269B-4E39-B295-AE30F5059C82.jpeg

Want me to translate that for everyone?  He means he's sad that he can't flirt with Robyn in front of Janelle, Meri and Christine.   Why would he flirt with any of the others??

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Poor baby.  What a tormented life he leads.  Boo fucking hoo.

He made his bed, now he has to lie in it.  Well, in all four bed.  But probably only 3. Oh, hell, who cares.  Big whiny baby.

• Love 16
On 2/15/2019 at 7:24 PM, ginger90 said:

792EDB64-269B-4E39-B295-AE30F5059C82.jpeg

Wait - what?!??  "Some things may never be safe?"  First of all, I really hate the Browns throwing around the word "safe."  But for Kody to put this tweet out to the public is so incredibly vain, heartless and stupid, I can't even.  "Safe" from what?  From one of his wives killing him in his sleep?  Look, Doofus, you married four women and you know that they all have very natural issues with jealousy, even though they are supposed to suppress those emotions in the name of religion and to make them a better person or some such crap while King Kodork gets to flit from bed to bed with nary a care.  So for him to post this - what are we supposed to think?  Poor widdle Kody can't go all caveman on Robyn while Christine is in the room?  Can't snuggle up to Janelle if Meri is lurking?  I mean, as self-imposed Leader and General of the Brown fam'ly, he should be able to do whatever he wants and his wives simply need to find a way to dill with it.  So what's this tweet supposed to accomplish, other than give your wives a nice, passive shout-out while simultaneously pounding your man-chest?  What a complete jerkwad buffoon.  I loathe him.

• LOL 10
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Wait - what?!??  "Some things may never be safe?"  First of all, I really hate the Browns throwing around the word "safe."  But for Kody to put this tweet out to the public is so incredibly vain, heartless and stupid, I can't even.  "Safe" from what?  From one of his wives killing him in his sleep?  Look, Doofus, you married four women and you know that they all have very natural issues with jealousy, even though they are supposed to suppress those emotions in the name of religion and to make them a better person or some such crap while King Kodork gets to flit from bed to bed with nary a care.  So for him to post this - what are we supposed to think?  Poor widdle Kody can't go all caveman on Robyn while Christine is in the room?  Can't snuggle up to Janelle if Meri is lurking?  I mean, as self-imposed Leader and General of the Brown fam'ly, he should be able to do whatever he wants and his wives simply need to find a way to dill with it.  So what's this tweet supposed to accomplish, other than give your wives a nice, passive shout-out while simultaneously pounding your man-chest?  What a complete jerkwad buffoon.  I loathe him.

I had to think about this for a minute.  The only wife that I've ever seen Kody flirt with is Robyn.  So I guess he is saying the other wives are finally tired of it - after all these years?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

When Kootie was boasting and over-sharing about having to go from room to room to room to room to track down even one pair of socks and underwear, it struck me that one or more wives may find his crap on the floor and just chuck it in the garbage, rather than do his laundry. They should make him wash and store his own laundry rather than expect the wives, Mindy & the older kids keep track of his crap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

When Kootie was boasting and over-sharing about having to go from room to room to room to room to track down even one pair of socks and underwear, it struck me that one or more wives may find his crap on the floor and just chuck it in the garbage, rather than do his laundry. They should make him wash and store his own laundry rather than expect the wives, Mindy & the older kids keep track of his crap.

Mindy stayed in Las Vegas.  I think she might have moved out long before they ever moved.  

• Useful 1

Mr. Angeltoes watched an episode with me.  He thought the whole bunch of them were loons but especially Kody.  He said,"Look at that crazy bastard!  He looks like a cult leader.  Wait, reverse it for a second, go back, go back, freeze it right there....see how nuts he looks?  It's all in his eyes.  He looks like Jim Jones!"  He also asked,"What the hell is wrong with his hair?".  Needless to say, I'll be watching alone from now on.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Mr. Angeltoes watched an episode with me.  He thought the whole bunch of them were loons but especially Kody.  He said,"Look at that crazy bastard!  He looks like a cult leader.  Wait, reverse it for a second, go back, go back, freeze it right there....see how nuts he looks?  It's all in his eyes.  He looks like Jim Jones!"  He also asked,"What the hell is wrong with his hair?".  Needless to say, I'll be watching alone from now on.

Hahaha - my husband will watch pretty much anything with me, except - as he calls it - "that sister wife crap."  I have had to come up with creative ways to watch this show for YEARS.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Dear Kootie:  what in Hell are you growing on your face?  The tail ends of a mustache without the middle?  PS:  I hate it (and you, truth be told.)  Now go act like a petulant child.  You do that so well.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Dear Kootie:  what in Hell are you growing on your face?  The tail ends of a mustache without the middle?  PS:  I hate it (and you, truth be told.)  Now go act like a petulant child.  You do that so well.

OH ha ha - did anyone else notice the wind blowing away on that plot of land that Robyn liked so much when Kody and Meri were checking it out?   I was hoping his hair would do bozo the clown again, but sadly it didn't.  I was waiting for him to gripe about the wind, though.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I was waiting for him to gripe about the wind, though.

He better get used to wearing his little Man Bun a lot, because it is always windy in Flagstaff (due to the mountains). Spring winds in northern AZ are unbelievable.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

OH ha ha - did anyone else notice the wind blowing away on that plot of land that Robyn liked so much when Kody and Meri were checking it out?   I was hoping his hair would do bozo the clown again, but sadly it didn't.  I was waiting for him to gripe about the wind, though.

What made it so disturbing is that he's shaved it on the sides and in the back so his entire head of scraggly hair grows from a three-inch circumference at the top of his head.  He looked like a deranged clown with the wind whipping it hither and yon.  I think it actually stood up straight a couple of times.  It was like watching a drunk lava lamp made of hair or something.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 14
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 2/28/2019 at 7:29 PM, Angeltoes said:

On the odd occasion that i would watch this show, the late Mr. Police would yell at the tv, "all of you people are going to Hell". He was a good catholic boy. 

Edited by Reality police
  • LOL 11
  • Love 9

OMG that is too funny! 😄

On 3/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, laurakaye said:

Hahaha - my husband will watch pretty much anything with me, except - as he calls it - "that sister wife crap."  I have had to come up with creative ways to watch this show for YEARS.

It was actually Mr. Gothish who stumbled upon this show and got me to start watching - I still haven't seen some episodes from the first season. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Kody always reminds me of my ex pastor.  He was kicked out of the ministry at the church after mine...

He has HUGE ideas but no planning or follow through then would get angry that his BIG PLAN wasn’t fufilled and blame everyone else for not following him.  

My favorite was when he wanted to throw a back to school bash for  25,000 kids.  The problem was 1) there are only 7K students enrolled in the whole county, he has no concept of the amount of space, parking, money, security/traffic persons, it would take.  His plan was have 50 bags of chips and 1 bouncy house.  

Kody gets these okay ideas in concept (moving to a quieter place with more plig families).  But his idea becomes stupid really fast. 

They both are little boys who don’t care or don’t know how the real world works.  

Edited by Soaper410
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, laurakaye said:

What made it so disturbing is that he's shaved it on the sides and in the back so his entire head of scraggly hair grows from a three-inch circumference at the top of his head.  He looked like a deranged clown with the wind whipping it hither and yon.  I think it actually stood up straight a couple of times.  It was like watching a drunk lava lamp made of hair or something.

Oh geez, I love this so much!

I was just coming here to say that watching all the weird things he’s doing to his hair reminds me of Travis Bickell’s evolving style in “Taxi Driver.”

Kody in Manson/shark eyes mode: “Are you talkina ME?”

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t watch the show regularly but wasn’t the premise of moving was to save all this money for their old age, but then Kody is like yeah Flagstaff is way more expensive.  Huh?

The only way Kootie could get the gang in on his and Robyn's scheme to move was to baffle 'em with bullshit.  Dazzling them with brilliance (!) wasn't gonna cut it...

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

SNL had a skit last night centering on learning to creat PowerPoints and of course I thought of Kody’s TED Talk. 

If is such a weird concept, PowerPoint to your spouse(s) as opposed to like...I don’t know...talking to them?

I get this was for the show but it’s so weird and makes them all seem like coworkers, not family 

• Love 8
On 2/28/2019 at 3:03 PM, Twopper said:

In the promo I saw today Kody is next to Meri, and their hair looks a lot alike.  Not a good look for either one.  Or is it just me seeing the resemblance?

When Meri was younger and skinny (season 1) from certain angles she looked like a dude 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, llewis823 said:

I was googling and went down the rabbit hole. Check out this old picture of the "fambly" before Sobbin Robyn joined. Look how different especially Kootie looks!

browns.jpg

No-perm natural-color Meri, no-perm no-bleach Kody, Janelle is ginormous! She and Christine are very attractive/pretty. LMAO, how Kody fronts now that his curl is natural. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, llewis823 said:

I was googling and went down the rabbit hole. Check out this old picture of the "fambly" before Sobbin Robyn joined. Look how different especially Kootie looks!

browns.jpg

Omg! Stand back!!!! Janelle is ready to *POP*  😲

• LOL 5
14 hours ago, suomi said:

No-perm natural-color Meri, no-perm no-bleach Kody, Janelle is ginormous! She and Christine are very attractive/pretty. LMAO, how Kody fronts now that his curl is natural. 

And eyebrows that look like they belong on her!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I had a dream last night that I became Kody's fifth wife. They wanted me to live in some nasty house with leaks and holes in the ceiling. I'm calling it more of a nightmare, really.

• LOL 9
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Omg! Stand back!!!! Janelle is ready to *POP* 

She has definitely lost some weight since the show first started.  Not as much as she should have.  She should be as small as Christine and Robyn by now.  That has been at least 10 years.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SL16 said:

I had a dream last night that I became Kody's fifth wife. They wanted me to live in some nasty house with leaks and holes in the ceiling. I'm calling it more of a nightmare, really.

But did you hear Angels singing or Prarie dogs dying lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

She has definitely lost some weight since the show first started.  Not as much as she should have.  She should be as small as Christine and Robyn by now.  That has been at least 10 years.

At first I thought she's lost some weight, but now I'm not so sure.  As you said, that picture was taken at least ten years ago, and I can testify that in ten years, pretty much everything on a body sags.  I'm thinking she looked more rotund in the picture because gravity had taken less of a toll at that time.  If she looks a bit less round today, I'm guessing it's because she's losing the round shape, not poundage.

I could be wrong, of course.   🤷‍♀️

• Love 3

I think Kody disagrees with y’all

6974612F-2A92-4EFC-9B6A-A70B8E26899E.jpeg.e43c0b22401a459b36c801ae3b30c83f.jpeg

Lol, well I don’t really know what Kody thinks, but I do wonder if any of the Browns read this board and what if anything they think.  I’d imagine this far into the game, they’d ignore any real rants or even just criticism of them.  I actually “like” all the adults pretty much the same with the slight nod to Christine.  Like is probably too strong a word, but they really don’t bother me.  I don’t quite understand their family, but they don’t seem the most dysfunctional on reality tv, although that’s not saying much.

I am fairly nosy in regards to their finances.  They just don’t make sense to me.   Also, dislike any living beyond their means and then declaring bankruptcy.  For those that have watched from the beginning, did Kody ever seem really in love with any of the wives on the show besides Robyn?  

Perhaps I should feel sorry for Meri, but I pretty much never do. I probably should dislike Kody, but I pretty much don’t.  Now, I do think he has some of the most idiotic plans I ever heard of and I should hate him but I don’t because I feel like they all deserve each other.  The only time I actively dislike the adults is when I think they make horrible parenting choices.  Perhaps I’d really dislike/hate Kody if I saw the whole Truely thing or to a lesser extent the nachos thing with Christine.

Question:  Didn’t Meri grow up in polygamy?  I read somewhere online she wanted plural marriage, but then I remember someone saying it was Kody.  Was it mentioned in their book, who wanted it first?  Last thing, I know it’s speculating, but do you think Meri and Kody would be happy if they stayed monogamous?  I read on an old message board that one of the posters worked with Meri before the show or at the start of it (no idea if it was true) but she said Meri was nice and pretty much kept to herself.  The only time I feel sorry for Meri is that she seems alone, despite having 500 family members, but she’s very irritating to deal with, so I can see why (because I can lol)  I’m not sure which came first, her abrupt behavior or her isolation. I’d be curious to read a study on this family  and not written by old social justice warrior Mariah.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 6

Since that picture, Meri has gained (a lot) and Christine has lost (a lot) - which explains her renewed giddiness with Kootie). Janelle has lost, then gained, then lost again but has never broken her initial plateau. She's about 20- 30 pounds down from then but needs much more. Robyn since that time has gained. But she is on her way down to skinny now that she's done with kids. 

Somewhere between season 3-6 we learned from Robyn that Kootie likes "curvy girls." Except he was grossed out by Christine and her nachos at one point. I think that was just Robyn trying to make the other wives feel bad - passive aggressively.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

Somewhere between season 3-6 we learned from Robyn that Kootie likes "curvy girls."

That's Robyn doing what Robyn does best.... Pulling the wool over the other wives eyes.

Just like being the "legal" wife doesn't mean anything... But I don't see her offering up the position.  😉

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Robyn since that time has gained. But she is on her way down to skinny now that she's done with kids. 

I've seen a few of you say this - how does anyone know that Robyn is going to be skinny now that she's done having kids?  If she isn't motivated to exercise and doesn't make any effort, it's not going to happen.   The older you get, the harder it is to lose weight.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I've seen a few of you say this - how does anyone know that Robyn is going to be skinny now that she's done having kids?  If she isn't motivated to exercise and doesn't make any effort, it's not going to happen.   The older you get, the harder it is to lose weight.

In the last couple of episodes she has already slimmed down significantly. Plus some of her social media posts from November and December show her much more thin.  True, she may not be as skinny as before but she is definitely losing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I think that Robyn has noticed the renewed playfulness between Kody and Christine since Christine has shed weight.  The pat on the backside he gave her in the bedroom when they were getting ready to go somewhere was the closest I have seen any of them come to a real relationship.  Robyn must have been aghast at seeing this casual display of affection played out publicly when it's an unwritten rule between all of them that no PDA happens in front of each other, much less on TV land.  This action no doubt stirred some insecurities in Robyn, and I think she'll do whatever it takes to maintain her grip on his short and curlies, whether that means losing weight or presenting him with another dynasty child.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I think that Robyn has noticed the renewed playfulness between Kody and Christine since Christine has shed weight.  The pat on the backside he gave her in the bedroom when they were getting ready to go somewhere was the closest I have seen any of them come to a real relationship.  Robyn must have been aghast at seeing this casual display of affection played out publicly when it's an unwritten rule between all of them that no PDA happens in front of each other, much less on TV land.  This action no doubt stirred some insecurities in Robyn, and I think she'll do whatever it takes to maintain her grip on his short and curlies, whether that means losing weight or presenting him with another dynasty child.

I really wonder about that. Christine said Robyn helped her a lot and gave her some good advice when her relationship with Kody was in the toilet. Now their relationship is great. I wonder if Robyn feels much jealousy, or if she's happy that things are better with Kody and Christine. I don't think she has to worry or feel any insecurity with regard to Kody, because I think they have a pretty rock-solid relationship. Theirs seems like the most "real" marriage of all, if that make sense. Probably because when they got married, they were both older and had experience, and they really fell in love.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I really wonder about that. Christine said Robyn helped her a lot and gave her some good advice when her relationship with Kody was in the toilet. Now their relationship is great. I wonder if Robyn feels much jealousy, or if she's happy that things are better with Kody and Christine. I don't think she has to worry or feel any insecurity with regard to Kody, because I think they have a pretty rock-solid relationship. Theirs seems like the most "real" marriage of all, if that make sense. Probably because when they got married, they were both older and had experience, and they really fell in love.

It does make sense, I see your point and this is what keeps me watching this show.  The balancing act the wives perform just to keep some semblance of harmony is fascinating to me.  Robyn can feel happy that Christine and Kody are in a better place, as long as that better place does not come near to her superior place.  Robyn flexes her muscles and sets her jaw when she appears to challenge Kody on issues and it seems that this is her way of demonstrating to the others the power position that she holds.  I guess it all works out as long as each wife knows her place and stays in her lane, the only fly in the ointment at present would be Meri, who can't stay in her lane because she has been excluded from the track meet and is discontent as an observer from the sidelines.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It does make sense, I see your point and this is what keeps me watching this show.  The balancing act the wives perform just to keep some semblance of harmony is fascinating to me.  Robyn can feel happy that Christine and Kody are in a better place, as long as that better place does not come near to her superior place.  Robyn flexes her muscles and sets her jaw when she appears to challenge Kody on issues and it seems that this is her way of demonstrating to the others the power position that she holds.  I guess it all works out as long as each wife knows her place and stays in her lane, the only fly in the ointment at present would be Meri, who can't stay in her lane because she has been excluded from the track meet and is discontent as an observer from the sidelines.

I think you’re right about Robyn being OK with Christine as long as Christine knows her place in the family.

Christine knows that to get into, and stay, in Kody’s good graces she must at least appear to be all about the family and her sister wives. If she sings Robyn’s praises for helping with her and Kody’s relationship, Kody will see it as an indication of Christine’s devotion to the family/him.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

I think you’re right about Robyn being OK with Christine as long as Christine knows her place in the family.

Christine knows that to get into, and stay, in Kody’s good graces she must at least appear to be all about the family and her sister wives. If she sings Robyn’s praises for helping with her and Kody’s relationship, Kody will see it as an indication of Christine’s devotion to the family/him.

Christine knows on what side her bread is buttered! She's not going anywhere, so might as well make the best of things.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Kody will see it as an indication of Christine’s devotion to the family/him.

Just like every good cult leader.  Get the followers to drink the Kool-aid together no matter how bad it is for them.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Christine knows on what side her bread is buttered! She's not going anywhere, so might as well make the best of things.

She claims to have wanted to be a third wife, so she may be perfectly happy with the hierarchy. 

Personally, I don’t blame Robyn or any of the wives for doing their best to get what they want. I feel like they can’t win: either they’re manipulative ball breakers or wimpy sheep. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

She claims to have wanted to be a third wife, so she may be perfectly happy with the hierarchy. 

Personally, I don’t blame Robyn or any of the wives for doing their best to get what they want. I feel like they can’t win: either they’re manipulative ball breakers or wimpy sheep. 

Agree. Before Robyn, Christine was the favorite. Christine is the fun, peppy wife who is quite happy being the third wife as long as she knows Kody favors her. She likes being the candy after a more serious meal.

She was seriously unhappy and depressed when Kootie was newly infatuated with Robyn. But that gushiness puppy love with Robyn is over. Robyn is in charge but Kootie and Robyn fight and bicker now. Robyn is the heavy hitting entree but Christine is now back to her happy, light and sweet dessert role.

Janelle - the boring vegetable and Meri - tossed out in the trash

• LOL 1
  • Love 7