Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

Do any of Kody's siblings live in plural marriages?

Patricia (sister)
Cindy (sister)
Scott (brother)
Lorilyn (sister)
Christine (sister)
Curtis (brother)
Travis (brother)
Leah (sister)
William (brother)

"Michael (brother) one wife, Kody was trying to encourage him to get  second wife while out to dinner with two other Brown brothers visiting in Las Vegas."

"In this week’s episode , three of Kody’s brothers – Scott, Curtis and Michael – come to visit and older brother Scott it turns out, is also a staunch polygamist with two wives."

"Surprise, surprise however – middle brother, Curtis is a committed monogamist with only one wife – Erica."

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

"Michael (brother) one wife, Kody was trying to encourage him to get  second wife while out to dinner with two other Brown brothers visiting in Las Vegas."

"In this week’s episode , three of Kody’s brothers – Scott, Curtis and Michael – come to visit and older brother Scott it turns out, is also a staunch polygamist with two wives."

"Surprise, surprise however – middle brother, Curtis is a committed monogamist with only one wife – Erica."

I remember reading that one of his sisters was a polygamist, but ended up leaving her husband.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 1/20/2021 at 5:08 AM, Cetacean said:

My take on it is that the good people of Flagstaff don't give a rat's patootie for the Brown Clowns and largely ignore them.  Kootie probably gets absolutely no reaction when he crows about his four wives to everyone he meets (Kootie:  "Hello, I have 4 wives and eleventy-seven kids".   Stranger [waveing hand]: "Whatev") and that bugs the hell out of him. 

He can't keep a show on the air when nobody cares. I certainly don't.  The whole group is lining the bottom of the bird cage these days.

Maybe if he didn’t come across as so arrogant and confrontational about his “individual rights” to do as he pleases. Or maybe they think he’s a major dick for the way he treats 75% of his “ladies.” But I’m pretty sure he’s not contemplating those possibilities. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I remember reading that one of his sisters was a polygamist, but ended up leaving her husband.  

Also when Janelle first met Kody and moved to his dad's ranch to live, I think they wanted his brother to marry her.  That could be just a rumor.  But she already had her sight set on Kody.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Kootie is the quintessential attention ho.  Nothing is too embarrassing or weird for him to get what he wants.  Chicken having a seizure dance is an expression I've read about his stupid show-off jerking around.  That may be why Janelle had the hots for him...he's so much opposite to her wishing she was invisible persona.  

38 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What a colossal tool.  He just wants all eyes on him.

The biggest size Craftsman Toolbox there is!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
20 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

This doesn't help endear him to the people in Flagstaff. I'm sure they look at him as someone to avoid.

image.png.0ac11499326b3aa1e94cf81f15a482e0.pngimage.png.44fec3eb279b80213e10d0aeb8b11cc5.png

Is his hair in a scrunchie?  How very butch.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 4/15/2021 at 11:04 AM, itsadryheat said:

This doesn't help endear him to the people in Flagstaff. I'm sure they look at him as someone to avoid.

Do you know what he was doing and where? That seems so random.  I bet the kids are embarrassed.

On 4/14/2021 at 9:14 PM, Tuxcat said:

Do any of Kody's siblings live in plural marriages?

Patricia (sister)
Cindy (sister)
Scott (brother)
Lorilyn (sister)
Christine (sister)
Curtis (brother)
Travis (brother)
Leah (sister)
William (brother)

Curtis was killed in a motorcycle accident fairly close to the time Kody's father died.  He and his wife were not only monogamous, but they had rejected the fundy Mormons for a non-denominational Christian church.   I am not sure if it was Curtis or a friend who had also been in the same church who was adamant about not believing Joseph Smith.

I think he said the oldest brother had a plural marriage, but I am not sure which is the oldest.  I think Michael was the youngest.

I want to add that I just watched Kody trying to teach Truely how to ride a bike.  He really can be an awful father.   It seems like he had never even talked to Christine about the bad bike experiences Truely had already had.   This is the same epi where the "wives" are in Chicago and Kody claims to be taking care of all the kids. The kids are watching him make pizza at Robyn's house.  He later takes them to the property for a cook out where we see not only Mykelti but also one of the grandmothers.  I think it is Janelle's mom so she was probably staying with Gabe and Savanah at their house.  Truely was either at Robyn's or at Janelle's.

This whole episode made me angry.

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

Do you know what he was doing and where?

The article said he was leaving the gym in Flagstaff. 

"Kody was his usual social self at the gym, an eyewitness tells DailyMailTV. 

'He drove up in a little blue sports car. He has a twinkle in his eye and a certain charm, I'm sure some of the ladies at the place were checking him out. You'd never know that he had four wives and 18 children at home. It seems like his wives would want him to wear it, especially at a place where there are plenty of attractive single women hanging out,' they said. 

Kody, sporting his trademark 'man bun,' even did a little dance in the parking lot, stretching from side to side and trying to balance on one foot.

'He pranced around and looked to see if anyone was watching, he's a bit of an entertainer.'

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

The article said he was leaving the gym in Flagstaff. 

"Kody was his usual social self at the gym, an eyewitness tells DailyMailTV. 

'He drove up in a little blue sports car. He has a twinkle in his eye and a certain charm, I'm sure some of the ladies at the place were checking him out. You'd never know that he had four wives and 18 children at home. It seems like his wives would want him to wear it, especially at a place where there are plenty of attractive single women hanging out,' they said. 

Kody, sporting his trademark 'man bun,' even did a little dance in the parking lot, stretching from side to side and trying to balance on one foot.

'He pranced around and looked to see if anyone was watching, he's a bit of an entertainer.'

He's a lot of asshat!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 13

I really think that Cody is just using this pandemic to be with Robin and not the rest of his family and he's making excuses he chose this life he needs to step up his game shame on you kody for making your other wives feel like that

• Love 8
On 4/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, xwordfanatik said:

The biggest size Craftsman Toolbox there is!

Like...maybe...this one?  I mean, if the tool box fits......

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 2.52.21 PM.png

(I know it's dark, but he really is a dick...)

Edited by OldButHappy
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 4/17/2021 at 10:39 PM, itsadryheat said:

'He drove up in a little blue sports car.

He always has a sports car.  In last night's epi he has a big pick up truck.   Maybe he should spend less on cars and gym memberships and more on the important things like having enough to pay the down payment for Ysabel's expensive surgery.  He is vile.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

He always has a sports car.  In last night's epi he has a big pick up truck.   Maybe he should spend less on cars and gym memberships and more on the important things like having enough to pay the down payment for Ysabel's expensive surgery.  He is vile.

Well what's manly* about that?

*Macho, which is the only version of manly Kody understands.

• Love 7
On 4/19/2021 at 4:55 PM, Twopper said:

52BEEE6A-59D8-4968-9A59-E87F988963CB.jpeg

• LOL 20
  • Love 2

Not me.  I do not agree that Robyn is his favorite and he should abandon the rest of his wives..that would be like saying one of his children is his favorite and he should just abandon the rest.

Monogamy isn’t going to fix what’s wrong with Kody and his relationships.  Selling your soul and the souls of your wives and children to The Reality TV Gods has consequences.  In their chosen religion the husband is the leader of the family.  If he’s unhappy with his situation he is merely reaping what he has sown...he has lead his family down the path they are on.  If he had been more attentive to Meri, she might not have ever found “Sam”, for example.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Monogamy isn’t going to fix what’s wrong with Kody and his relationships.

Currently he can blame his problems on the original three wives, but if they leave, he has no scapegoats.  He is at the age of a midlife crisis, and the seven year itch he will have with Robyn.  Although they have been married longer than 7 years, I think the polygamy aspect of their life probably delayed the itching. 

Without TLC, I doubt he can afford Robyn so she will divorce him and sue for child support and alimony while she seeks a wealthier man. 

He seems to have anger issues based on the last two seasons, and there are hints of it in the earlier seasons.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I suspect Kody's ego would suffer a huge blow with only one wife. He gets his narcissistic supply from more than one woman wanting to be with him and vying for his love. So yeah - Robyn is favored wife, but Kody still wants multiples because he needs the narcissistic supply and attention being a man with multiple wives brings. 

Robyn wants other wives around because she likes to lord her favored/legal status over them, and she appears to enjoy making sure she claims all of Kody's attention. She also needs the financial support the other wives bring (via the show and other avenues) as she doesn't seem to be someone who wants to actually work. Additionally, Robyn's self-worth is all tied up in people not perceiving her as the one who came in and broke up the family; she needs the other wives to stick around for that reason as well. If they suddenly became monogamous, her plausible deniability would go away, and what people think of her is very important to Robyn.

So while Kody and Robyn want to ignore the other wives and be mostly together with most of Kody's time spent on Robyn and the kids, I don't believe either of them want to be monogamous. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

I think Robin gets off on being in the power position more than she adores her failed prophet. Monogamy didn't work out so good for her the first time. I believe she wanted a group effort, ie financial and hands on support and kind of got a bait and switch in the kody department. Their time together would be divided by 4, and now she's stuck with that guy 98% of the time. He seems more into her, than she into him. They deserve each other.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

Robyn is a buffoon.  She couldn’t organize a pair of shoes, much less orchestrate the plots folks assume she’s behind.

I don't think she plots;  I think she manipulates, and the results are the same or similar.  She manipulated the whole family into absorbing her and her family based on her "damsel in distress" facade.  Kody came up with the idea of divorcing Meri to marry Robyn and adopt her children to rescue them from the villainous bio dad.

when the show folds and the money runs out, I hope she and Kody end up working as ranch hands for his brother on the ranch.  They and their kids can live with Kody's mom.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

If Kody is left with Robyn, he'll learn that Monogamy Hell is similar to Polygamy Hell and the only common denominator is him.

It will never occur to Kody that the problem is him. Never.

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, bobalina said:

It will never occur to Kody that the problem is him. Never.

When you point at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you. Wherever you go there you are. And other similar sayings. I guess they become commons sayings for a reason, and in this case Kody fits those reasons. Self-awareness is not part of Kody's game. 

• Love 7

This man is a self-absorbed ego maniac who isn't all that bright. 

It is interesting to binge-watch all the seasons in rapid succession, because it makes it apparent how Kody is the major faultline running thru this family with the Robyn faultline crossing it.

He moves his family to a college town and complains that there are no places to rent.  College seniors move out in May, and there is a massive rush in May and June to rent the apartments and houses they have been living in.  Not only did they wait too late--except for Robyn who had a head start---but they didn't seem to grasp the concept that it would be that much more expensive.

Now that Kody has been a fixture in Flagstaff for two years, I wonder what kind of reception he gets from the locals. 

In a couch session in an episode in a season long, long ago Robyn talks about not wanting pets in the house because of their bathroom habits.  It is Robyn that doesn't want the dog.  I am actually surprised Kody is covering for her, but I guess I shouldn't be because he makes his refusal all about him, his ranch background, and his clothes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

Now that Kody has been a fixture in Flagstaff for two years, I wonder what kind of reception he gets from the locals.

According to one article dated 12-8-2020, ‘Sister Wives’ Kody Brown Still Feels Shunned In Flagstaff. 

"he previously mentioned that he thought Flagstaff, rather “liberal,” would accept the family. However, it now looks like Sister Wives‘ Kody Brown still feels unwanted in the university and touristy town. In fact, we suggested back in March this year, that Kody might move the family back to Utah. The Sun UK reported that they talked with Kody Brown. The patriarch of the TLC show told them that he and the family still feel ‘not popular” in Flagstaff, Arizona, as neighbors ‘wish they weren’t here.” Recall, they moved there two years ago. So, it seems that from Kody’s perspective, people still don’t care for them. He told the outlet that they’re ‘not popular around here.”

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/12/08/sister-wives-kody-brown-flagstaff/

So what has kody brown done to assimilate himself and his 4 backup singers to the town and residents of Flagstaff? Was he expecting a parade and keys to the city upon arrival? Flagstaff may be a university and tourist town, but "the town" is a small town. The Brown traveling circus, ie. photo of the head clown outside the gym, the grifting they most likely attempt at local stores/"Kids Eat Free"restaurants, and press attention would not be welcomed, liberal town or not by the locals.

I've lived all over this state, Flagstaff, Tucson, Sierra Vista, Prescott, and now Phoenix. I've been here so long I am considered a local.  For the most part people like living quiet lives.  Not surprised at the neighbors reaction while Meri was moving into the first rental. I too would be running for the phone. kody brown is flamboyant. If he thought he would be a big fish in a small town, his personality would prevent that. I bet his lifestyle isn't as much of a deterrent as is his suck the air out of the room personality.

Interesting that this article stated "In fact, we suggested back in March this year (2020), that Kody might move the family back to Utah." Put's another spin on the last episode.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

he previously mentioned that he thought Flagstaff, rather “liberal,”

Ok wait...I've read where they all said they liked Flagstaff because they believed it was more conservative. So which is it? Liberal and conservative are opposites, for heaven's sake. Do they even realize that? Ugh these people are so confusing, and are always talking out of both sides of their mouths (or their butts).

42 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

bet his lifestyle isn't as much of a deterrent as is his suck the air out the room personality

He sucks all the air out of my living room, and he's not physically in it!

I'm surprised my tv is still intact, as I've wanted to throw heavy things at it every time that noodle-headed narcissist is on screen. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

I bet his lifestyle isn't as much of a deterrent as is his suck the air out of the room personality.

After thinking about what I wrote, I'm thinking maybe this is a big reason why they move so much. We aren't the only ones that deeply dislike the guy. I refer back to the visit back to his hometown/high school episode. Didn't appear to be a lot of warm and fuzzies. Could they have gotten paid to be part of that episode? I'm guessing a little kody brown goes a long way, wherever he lives. I'm also guessing that after the initial shock and awe of his personality wears off, people run the other way when they see him or tell him to knock it off to his face. His kryptonite grandiose personality, impulsivity, and big mouth alienates those around him and his "go to", is to move.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ok wait...I've read where they all said they liked Flagstaff because they believed it was more conservative

I read that somewhere too. I think what he meant was liberal socially but conservative politically. Whatever that means. Since he never lived in Flagstaff before moving there and has no "friends" there, wonder where he came up with that. He obviously isn't into research.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ok wait...I've read where they all said they liked Flagstaff because they believed it was more conservative. So which is it? Liberal and conservative are opposites, for heaven's sake. Do they even realize that? Ugh these people are so confusing, and are always talking out of both sides of their mouths (or their butts).

He sucks all the air out of my living room, and he's not physically in it!

I'm surprised my tv is still intact, as I've wanted to throw heavy things at it every time that noodle-headed narcissist is on screen. 

Arizona as a state is generally conservative. Flagstaff with its proximity to Sedona and as a college town tends to trend more liberal. So I think if I recall, they wanted a conservative state (check) to match their voting views but a more liberal area (check) within that state so people would "accept" them.

Frankly, I don't think people have two shits to give and likely don't spend much time worrying about whether they "accept" or "don't accept" the Brown family lifestyle. The Browns believe they are the "Pink Elephant" in the room, so they can't imagine people likely don't care one way or another about them as long as they aren't sucky neighbors. 

I like Flagstaff. It's a cute town with some pretty views. I was just there in October and actually drove past where I think the Coyote Pass property is located near the San Francisco peaks. (Note: we didn't drive by because the Browns lived there - it was just on the way to where we were driving and I realized later we had probably been past Prairie Dog Poop Flats). The view of Humphrey's Peak is lovely in the landscape. The tress are nice. It's a nice place to see and visit as you drive past, but the winters and the snow would probably get to me living there, as well as the high volume of tourist traffic passing through to get to the South Rim of Grand Canyon. 

Actually, in general, I like Arizona because much of the state is so beautiful (I love the desert). I also like Utah because it's an incredibly beautiful state (Bryce Canyon is one of the most spectacular places I've ever visited and Zion is a close second), and I like that you can go 80 mph on the freeways. Plus, the people are nice.

So honestly, it seems like the Browns would do well settling in either place...settling being the key word here. Maybe if they stayed somewhere long enough, they'd actually realize that they aren't quite the topic of conversation among neighbors that they believe themselves to be. Although grandiosity is one of the manifestations of narcissism, so I'm probably naive to think they would ever set aside the belief that their neighbors are just that interested in their lifestyle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I bet the real reason that Kody doesn’t like it is because he isn’t getting the attention he thinks he should get from the local population. No one is coming up to him to tell him he’s so cool, and it’s awesome he’s a polygamist, and he’s got the most amazing hair. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I bet the real reason that Kody doesn’t like it is because he isn’t getting the attention he thinks he should get from the local population. No one is coming up to him to tell him he’s so cool, and it’s awesome he’s a polygamist, and he’s got the most amazing hair. 

I'm pretty sure if I saw that bouncing pile of hair coming at me, I'd turn and walk quickly in the other direction while averting my eyes. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Buckle up kody brown, the bumpy ride of negative press is going to ruin your shocks.

"With his four wives and many children, Kody Brown is the controversial patriarch on Sister Wives. He hasn’t impressed viewers with his parenting skills or his ability to be a supportive, loving husband to any of his wives. Yet, Sister Wives is the train wreck audiences can’t look away from. The dynamic of four people trying to share a single spouse naturally lends itself to drama and fighting. Viewers now want to know more about Kody Brown and what he does when not badly handling his home situation."

"Kody Brown was born January 17, 1969, making him 52 years old, which is surprising given his immature behavior that is often displayed on the show."

https://screenrant.com/sister-wives-kody-brown-job-age-instagram-religion/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
On 4/21/2021 at 2:44 PM, deirdra said:

If Kody is left with Robyn, he'll learn that Monogamy Hell is similar to Polygamy Hell and the only common denominator is him.

I actually think he’d be like....”Despite NOBODY even hinting at this fact, I’ve determined Robyn ruins everything! She’s blocking me from my goals. Why didn’t any of them say anything? They don’t deserve me!” 😂 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 8
On 4/15/2021 at 9:04 AM, itsadryheat said:

image.png.0ac11499326b3aa1e94cf81f15a482e0.pngimage.png.44fec3eb279b80213e10d0aeb8b11cc5.png

he looks like he's drunk and trying not to tip over 🥴🍾

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 4/21/2021 at 10:44 AM, NoWhammies said:

I suspect Kody's ego would suffer a huge blow with only one wife. He gets his narcissistic supply from more than one woman wanting to be with him and vying for his love. So yeah - Robyn is favored wife, but Kody still wants multiples because he needs the narcissistic supply and attention being a man with multiple wives brings. 

Robyn wants other wives around because she likes to lord her favored/legal status over them, and she appears to enjoy making sure she claims all of Kody's attention. She also needs the financial support the other wives bring (via the show and other avenues) as she doesn't seem to be someone who wants to actually work. Additionally, Robyn's self-worth is all tied up in people not perceiving her as the one who came in and broke up the family; she needs the other wives to stick around for that reason as well. If they suddenly became monogamous, her plausible deniability would go away, and what people think of her is very important to Robyn.

So while Kody and Robyn want to ignore the other wives and be mostly together with most of Kody's time spent on Robyn and the kids, I don't believe either of them want to be monogamous. 

Great points! So  insightful and spot on as usual. Lots of stuff I hadn't even thought about.

• Love 5

I've been wondering about the changes in Kody's appearance and behaviour.

He's not calm. He's more frenetic than ever. He has a hard flat 10 yard stare, and anger is sculpting his face. 

He's more lean than before so I wonder if he's taking supplements to boost metabolism. 

From a vague memory (of Reddit?),  a tweet from the Grand Poobah Kody about the red pill,  I looked up plexus red pill. Yep there is one. Or maybe testosterone. My son in law took it and he raged. Sweaty, tantrum throwing hell. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 5