Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

Interesting article about this guy Brady and AUB plyg life.

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE SHOW?

"After the show ended in early 2014, Brady filed for bankruptcy with his legal wife Paulie and was able to wipe out $318k of their $402k debt to start again."  Bankruptcy seems to be the go to financial planning for plygs.

"Brady offers a loving take on becoming disillusioned with polygamy and religion in general, instead of careening on a path of misery and disconnecting from most of the family-like Kody Brown was doing on his past season"

"Brady goes on to estimate that 90-95% of polygamist marriages are not entered to out of love, but in order to get power, and make sure they can get into heaven and become a God there. According to fundamentalist Mormon doctrine, if a man does not have multiple wives, he can only be an angel in heaven." Except for kodybrown who LOVES all of his wives🤣

https://starcasm.net/what-happened-to-brady-williams-and-his-family-from-my-five-wives/

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Interesting article about this guy Brady and AUB plyg life.

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE SHOW?

"After the show ended in early 2014, Brady filed for bankruptcy with his legal wife Paulie and was able to wipe out $318k of their $402k debt to start again."  Bankruptcy seems to be the go to financial planning for plygs.

"Brady offers a loving take on becoming disillusioned with polygamy and religion in general, instead of careening on a path of misery and disconnecting from most of the family-like Kody Brown was doing on his past season"

"Brady goes on to estimate that 90-95% of polygamist marriages are not entered to out of love, but in order to get power, and make sure they can get into heaven and become a God there. According to fundamentalist Mormon doctrine, if a man does not have multiple wives, he can only be an angel in heaven." Except for kodybrown who LOVES all of his wives🤣

https://starcasm.net/what-happened-to-brady-williams-and-his-family-from-my-five-wives/

No wonder plygs are disliked.  Shame on them for making life more expensive for the rest of us, by their bankruptcies.

• Love 10

The headline and summary of this article (below) are the most interesting parts.  Also, I feel like Robyn's been 42 for several years already.  Maybe the spirit babies stopped the clock.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3055115/sister-wives-kody-brown-owes-taxes-home-robyn/

TAXING! 

Sister Wives star Kody Brown owes $1K taxes on home with Robyn as family ‘can’t afford’ to build on vacant land

Teresa Roca

13:41 ET, Jun 10 2021

Updated: 13:45 ET, Jun 10 2021

SISTER Wives star Kody Brown owes over $1,000 in taxes on the Flagstaff, Arizona home he shares with wife Robyn, as the family “can’t afford” to build on vacant land they purchased back in 2018. 

The Sun can exclusively reveal Kody, 53, owes $1,058.31 in property taxes, which include interest, on the Arizona home he shares with fourth wife Robyn, 42.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

The Sun can exclusively reveal Kody, 53, owes $1,058.31 in property taxes, which include interest, on the Arizona home he shares with fourth wife Robyn, 42.

Overdue taxes or is that the usual tax on the property?  Because I pay more than that twice a year on my small home in a rural area with no city services.

• Love 6
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Overdue taxes or is that the usual tax on the property?  Because I pay more than that twice a year on my small home in a rural area with no city services.

If I have  the correct house, 2021 taxes on it are $9,235.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Me too!  Our property tax this year went up quite a bit.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

If I have  the correct house, 2021 taxes on it are $9,235.

Well, Robo had to have enough bedrooms for each of the kids to have their own.  So she and Kootie can suck it up.  They could have made do with a smaller house, like most of us monogamists, but it's nothing but the best for those two lazy grifters.

Go borrow it from Robo's cheerleader Meri!

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Can someone explain How he could "mistakenly" short the amount on his property tax?

And can someone explain Why would he "mistakenly" short the amount on his property tax?

Robbing peter to pay paul???

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Robbing peter to pay paul???

Perhaps Robyn was going to be banned from future purchases at Victoria's Secret until she paid her bills. Priorities. And the property taxes were shorted.

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

owes $1,058.31 in property taxes

Such a paltry amount to short. You'd think they wouldn't want the guvmint attention or negative press. Heck, that's one less trip to costco. Or robyn could stop buying those ceramic army men housed in her hutch.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Such a paltry amount to short. You'd think they wouldn't want the guvmint attention or negative press. Heck, that's one less trip to costco. Or robyn could stop buying those ceramic army men housed in her hutch.....

Yeah, the number doesn't make much sense,  but then we have questioned for years how they do their finances...moving small amounts from here to there and back again may be their modus operandi to look like they actually have the cash... 

• Love 8
(edited)

Here we have the choice of paying property taxes annually or w/monthly deductions.  Perhaps he or Robyn "mistakenly" drained the bank account from which the payments are deducted for a month or two. Missed payments come with interest charges added, fines from the City and NSF fees from the bank.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

Gotta give it to the dumbo kodybrown.

His arrogance and grift motivated showcasing their lifestyle for the world to see, so we plebes could see the good side of polygamy. He thought he could control the story, portray a plyg version of Father Knows Best where love is multiplied not divided.

It has been suggested that kodybrown was motivated to embark on his tv career by the show Big Love. If he was trying to emulate a lighter, reality tv version of Big Love, he failed. Unlike Big Love, none of the sisterwives characters are the least bit endearing. Unlike Big Love, kodybrown cannot financially support his ginormous family. Unlike Big Love, kodybrown cannot emotionally support his wives and children, nor can he hide his favoritism and disdain. Like the last part of the Big Love series, the show sisterwives has marched into the plyg dark side shining a light on the foundational spiritual lie that it is.

The Brady article I posted above was interesting that he outed the fallacy of Love in polygamy by estimating “that 90-95% of polygamist marriages are not entered to out of love, but in order to get power”. Sorry Christine, now we know. You’ll never get your emotional needs met from kodybrown or your romanticized sisterwives. What do you have to say about that kodybrown? Probably trust what I say, not what you see.

By ignoring the importance of emotional health and personal responsibility, the kodybrown family has created a dysfunctional environment full of emotional detachment, competition, health issues, failed communication and resentment. I believe the Nancy therapy sessions and Girls Gone Gym episodes were 100% producer driven, not anything these people actually “believe” in. They are all horrible actors.

The fact Brady also incorporates bankruptcy as a lifestyle choice confirms this part of the larger culture of polygamy. Government grifts and bankruptcy. How about stop procreating ant hills you can’t afford to support, a-holes.

kodybrown succeeded shining a light on polygamy, but he couldn’t control the narrative and it’s not the story he had intended to tell. It has been suggested the AUB kicked these people out because of the catfish episode. I counter that this is the public reason. The real reason is the outing of the plyg modus operandi.

I hope someday, somehow, some brave soul goes Deep Throat and details the financial aspect of polygamy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I hope someday, somehow, some brave soul goes Deep Throat and details the financial aspect of polygamy.

One of the Escaping Polygamy women did out a lot of the practices of the "church" including records showing tax evasion and money laundering on her way out.  The main character (can't remember names except Kolleen) had her bank statements from when she was forced to start work as a child (I think she was 8) and worked two full eight hour shifts at the Kingston businesses and got to sleep only a few hours each night.  She was forced to fork over the majority of her pay back into the businesses.  And when she left they kept all of the money she had in the bank.  It was horrifying to see pictures of this kid curled up asleep in a desk chair.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

One of the Escaping Polygamy women did out a lot of the practices of the "church" including records showing tax evasion and money laundering on her way out.

2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

She was forced to fork over the majority of her pay back into the businesses.  And when she left they kept all of the money she had in the bank.

Can't say anything about polygamy but where I am from, there are a few tight-knit (pretty secretive) fundamentalist Christian communities. Their churches typically have lots and lots in the bank. From there they are able to pay for medical bills (they're often not insured as it goes against their beliefs) and they fund stuff like loans and mortgages to church members or support those who need it. 

I doubt anyone outside those communities knows exactly how they got their wealth but there have been instances of dodgy tax schemes and 'bending of tax rules" if I remember correctly. Also, it is said that every working member hands over a pretty significant part of their monthly pay check and large parts of inheritances, if not all, go to the church as well. Those who left, have nothing. Are often shunned by 'friends' or family. They tend to speak of peer pressure, force even to comply to the rules and hand everything over.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Cetacean said:

One of the Escaping Polygamy women did out a lot of the practices of the "church" including records showing tax evasion and money laundering on her way out.  The main character (can't remember names except Kolleen) had her bank statements from when she was forced to start work as a child (I think she was 8) and worked two full eight hour shifts at the Kingston businesses and got to sleep only a few hours each night.  She was forced to fork over the majority of her pay back into the businesses.  And when she left they kept all of the money she had in the bank.  It was horrifying to see pictures of this kid curled up asleep in a desk chair.

Jessica, aka Stephanie 

• Love 1
On 6/14/2021 at 2:46 PM, LilyD said:

I doubt anyone outside those communities knows exactly how they got their wealth but there have been instances of dodgy tax schemes and 'bending of tax rules" if I remember correctly. Also, it is said that every working member hands over a pretty significant part of their monthly pay check and large parts of inheritances, if not all, go to the church as well. Those who left, have nothing. 

Churches typically exist tax-free, but if parishoners had their money in regular bank accounts and mutual funds known to the IRS, they would have to pay taxes on the interest income & capital gains.

• Useful 3
31 minutes ago, Kbo said:

Maybe not, however…a new sister-wife could be the perfect excuse to write Meri off the show and off the family. And I also suspect they’re completely broke and this would definitely make headlines, more shows thus more money. It would not surprise me if he did this some time.

What I found interesting was what he wrote about Robyn and how she allegedly interfered with this relationship. You’d have to be really into this show to know that she’s 100% sure to do that to protect her own status.

• Love 13

I'll admit to a certain morbid fascination around a 25 year old woman who has been married and divorced and has two kids and is not finding tie to be courted by Kody. Is she some sort of Sister Wife Savant who started out really early?

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

Kootie cannot afford the wives & kids he has and certainly cannot afford a new wife with two kids in tow.

But since he doesn't care about that, it doesn't really matter whether he has the money or not.

We're talking about a guy who has abandoned wife 1, allows wife 2 to sleep in a trailer whereas wife 4 has a mansion. Oh and completely forgets about wife 3!

This is also a dad who blew his son's chance for a scholarship (Gabe) just because he could.

• Love 7

No Kody in any of the 4th of July pictures. They don't even try to hide that he is never with Meri, Janelle, or Christine. I guess he is living permanently at Robyn's? If he was spending time with the others, I doubt they would hide it on social media.  Janelle even posted about having 5 of her 6 kids with her and missing Logan, but no mention of Kody at all. If asked, they would probably lie and say he's "working".

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Recycled Story from 2018 almost word for word. All media is the same.

'Sister Wives' Star Kody Brown Gets Rejected After Proposing to 25-Year-Old Woman

17 March 2018 by In Touch Weekly In Touch Weekly

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni61962625

They didn’t even bother to change his age in the “new” article. He’s 49 in 2018 and 49 in 2021 😂 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'll admit to a certain morbid fascination around a 25 year old woman who has been married and divorced and has two kids and is not finding tie to be courted by Kody. Is she some sort of Sister Wife Savant who started out really early?

I'm morbidly fascinated, but also repulsed, because this woman is the same age as his own daughter Maddie, who is also a mother of two.  

I'd want to see the dynamics of Robyn's being replaced as the new, hot wife (Christine never had a chance) and Kody's being a father to young children (I assume) when he just denied Robyn's spirit baby, while the OG wives pretend to keep sweet.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Weren't we led to believe that any "new" wife had to be vetted by the other ones? or some such early sisterwives bullsh*t. Wonder who ok'd this 25 year old, divorced mother of two?

Come on lying, lazy reality tv media, finish making up the story.

Here, I'll start. Aging, angry and balding kody brown, appears to have a "type". Years ago, he permed and highlighted what's left of his hair and went after a younger version of fourth wife Robyn. His new attitude released him from the need for any prior approval from the other "in name only" wives. This is such a delicious fantasy, that we will be reporting this every year until its true.

• LOL 10

I swear I get more aggravated with him each episode I watch. He’s such a selfish, despicable, obnoxious human. Janelle finds him “charming”, but I just don’t see it. God love those sweet women who love him and those precious kids. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I used to think Kody had some good qualities. He would make some rash decisions and crude comments, but I was able to look beyond those things for the big picture. I thought he really did want the best for the family.    

I found him genuine in his religious beliefs and dedication to plural marriage.  He appeared to read the scripture and pray for guidance.  The family used to pray together.  He seemed to be open minded with his children’s diversity, respecting their decision to avoid plural marriage, date same sex partners, etc.  He set a good example for Mariah, encouraging her to forgive Meri for her indiscretions.  He seemed to hang in there with marriage counseling, which a lot of people refuse to do.  He supported the educational endeavors of all the kids.  However, he seems to have lost his way.  I’m not sure if it’s depression, stress, middle age, exhaustion, or something else.  While a lot may suspect Robyn......I’m not sure.  I think Robyn causes him a lot of grief.   Maybe, he’s come to realize his dream of plural marriage with his current wives is just not feasible.  And so he feels like a failure.  Were things this bad before Robyn came into the picture?  Idk.  It just seems like a very different dynamic now and not in a good way.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

However, he seems to have lost his way.  I’m not sure if it’s depression, stress, middle age, exhaustion, or something else.  While a lot may suspect Robyn......I’m not sure.  I think Robyn causes him a lot of grief.   Maybe, he’s come to realize his dream of plural marriage with his current wives is just not feasible.  And so he feels like a failure.  Were things this bad before Robyn came into the picture?  Idk.  It just seems like a very different dynamic now and not in a good way

I think Kody is older and overwhelmed. 15-20yrs ago things were logistically more difficult, small kids, housing etc, but emotionally easier. Also when everyone was focused on providing for the children’s basic needs, they didn’t have emotional energy to focus on the mess their emotional lives were. Having 20 children is a lot- physically, emotionally, financially etc. and now that most of the kids are independent- Meri, Christine and Janelle have less reason to deal with Kody emotionally. 

When Kody was younger and had more stamina it was easier to relate to all of the women (physically, emotionally, sexually etc)- now he’s exhausted.

I don’t hate Kody but I think he’s a bad “headship” and a wee bit lazy. (A lot lazy) You don’t get check out of parenting just because you’ve been doing it a long time. TLC came along and gave them financial resources but also less reason to work together (in reality) but stay together for filming. Kody knows that Meri is GONE and I don’t think he minds. He and Janelle are friends, and Christine is so upset and disappointed in him but is committed to the marriage. (At least for now, let’s see how she feels when the show is gone, she may head to Utah to be with the rest of her kids)

Edited to Add- I dont think things were "perfect" before Robyn came into the picture, but I do think there was a more communal atmosphere and interdependence, because the goal was to get these children raised and keep food on the table.

Meri and Janelle had some deep emotional issues with each other, but they hid it well enough so that Mariah could develop a relationship with the first set of kids (Logan-Mykelti), and all of the Moms really did work together when the kids were little- again because they HAD TO.

I dont think Kody likes Robyn very much, but he would be happy to let go of the idea of a plural family and have visitation with Savannah and Truely sometimes, if his ego wouldnt be so bruised. If Janelle and Christine were to leave (Meri is gone), I dont think Kody would mind. But at the end of the day I think Kody and Janelle will end up together. Robyn may be legal wife but he is going to get sick of her whining and once her kids are raised she may get sick of him as well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Robyn may be legal wife but he is going to get sick of her whining and once her kids are raised she may get sick of him as well. 

Except that aside from her NYT Best Seller, her super lucrative joory bizness, and her teevee show, Robyn doesn't seem to have much earning potential. Grown kids = no child support. She'll be there until the last dollar is squeezed from the Kody tree. Then she'll probably be a drain on the finances of her adult children. So good luck, kids. That's headed your way. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, NoWhammies said:

Except that aside from her NYT Best Seller, her super lucrative joory bizness, and her teevee show, Robyn doesn't seem to have much earning potential. Grown kids = no child support. She'll be there until the last dollar is squeezed from the Kody tree. Then she'll probably be a drain on the finances of her adult children. So good luck, kids. That's headed your way. 

Didn’t Kody adopt the ones that weren’t his biological kids. If he did, Robyn hasn’t been getting child support for them since that happened. But yeah, Robyn has no ability to support herself financially. Has she ever held a job? She isn’t going to have much in the way of Social Security either, even with Kody’s benefits which are also likely to be small. You know none of these idiots are saving for retirement.

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Kody is older and overwhelmed. 15-20yrs ago things were logistically more difficult, small kids, housing etc, but emotionally easier. Also when everyone was focused on providing for the children’s basic needs, they didn’t have emotional energy to focus on the mess their emotional lives were. Having 20 children is a lot- physically, emotionally, financially etc. and now that most of the kids are independent- Meri, Christine and Janelle have less reason to deal with Kody emotionally. 

When Kody was younger and had more stamina it was easier to relate to all of the women (physically, emotionally, sexually etc)- now he’s exhausted.

I don’t hate Kody but I think he’s a bad “headship” and a wee bit lazy. (A lot lazy) You don’t get check out of parenting just because you’ve been doing it a long time. TLC came along and gave them financial resources but also less reason to work together (in reality) but stay together for filming. Kody knows that Meri is GONE and I don’t think he minds. He and Janelle are friends, and Christine is so upset and disappointed in him but is committed to the marriage. (At least for now, let’s see how she feels when the show is gone, she may head to Utah to be with the rest of her kids)

Edited to Add- I dont think things were "perfect" before Robyn came into the picture, but I do think there was a more communal atmosphere and interdependence, because the goal was to get these children raised and keep food on the table.

Meri and Janelle had some deep emotional issues with each other, but they hid it well enough so that Mariah could develop a relationship with the first set of kids (Logan-Mykelti), and all of the Moms really did work together when the kids were little- again because they HAD TO.

I dont think Kody likes Robyn very much, but he would be happy to let go of the idea of a plural family and have visitation with Savannah and Truely sometimes, if his ego wouldnt be so bruised. If Janelle and Christine were to leave (Meri is gone), I dont think Kody would mind. But at the end of the day I think Kody and Janelle will end up together. Robyn may be legal wife but he is going to get sick of her whining and once her kids are raised she may get sick of him as well. 

Good points, but I’m not sure how Kody is really okay with not having his multiple wives, since that negatively impacts his status in the afterlife.  (According to how he has explained his religious  beliefs.)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

What religious beliefs he has left.  I'm not sure what, if any, AUB type beliefs Kody is still hanging onto.  He seems very disillusioned to me and like he's lost control of his family, his life, and is drfting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Didn’t Kody adopt the ones that weren’t his biological kids. If he did, Robyn hasn’t been getting child support for them since that happened. But yeah, Robyn has no ability to support herself financially. Has she ever held a job? She isn’t going to have much in the way of Social Security either, even with Kody’s benefits which are also likely to be small. You know none of these idiots are saving for retirement.

That was what I was getting at. Since there is such a big gap between her kids, once Sol and Ariela are no longer minors- the older kids would be capable of taking care of her. She would likely prefer to be with them than Kody. Aurora and Brianna would be adults at this point- I wouldn't be surprised of Robyn ends up with them when Kody gets on her nerves or passes away first.

• Love 5

Janelle left for several years because she couldn't stand Meri, and Christine served as the "basement wife", taking care of everyone's kids while being neglected herself. It was a mess before Robyn came along. Robyn may have made it worse, but it was bad before that. We didn't see it because I think they put on a better show during season 1 of the show. There is a reason not one Brown offspring wants to live polygamy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Kellyee said:

There is a reason not one Brown offspring wants to live polygamy. 

All of the kids probably thought their mother was the "basement wife". Even Robyn has said she got the other wives' "scraps".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

All of the kids probably thought their mother was the "basement wife". Even Robyn has said she got the other wives' "scraps".

I think Kody said that about Robyn, but I'm sure she is happy to play the martyr.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Kody said that about Robyn, but I'm sure she is happy to play the martyr.

I think it was Kody that said it too.  It was out on the CP land when he was railing against Meri, saying she keeps everyone hopping and gave a little demo...right foot, left foot.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with all you say.  But it’s left Kody with a simmering ugly anger. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I agree with all you say.  But it’s left Kody with a simmering ugly anger. 

It sure has. And he doesn’t seem to mind showing it. 

This season we got to see the ugly side of things and Kody is finally showing how he actually feels about it all. 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

While Kody said the actual "getting the scraps" quote after the big property blow up, Robyn did allude to it as well when she told Meri that all the properties are beautiful and she would be happy on any of them, she will just take "what is left". In a talking head Meri then scoffed and said something like "really Robyn, like you are the bottom of the totem pole!?"

Even after 30 years of marriages and children, moving and jobs...10+ years of a television show and therapy...this entire family truly sucks at any and all communication.

• Love 21