Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

How long is Meri going to milk the victim persona?  As long as it lines her pockets with cash.  She still gets her LuLaCrap buyers to fill sorry for her, somehow.

Kootie will do anything to keep the show going, and his sheeple wives will do what he says.  It's mind-boggling to this COL.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn was giddy and smiling while Meri signed the papers.  I remember that specifically because my blood was boiling!!

Because of this, I can’t help having a soft spot for Meri - despite everything else

Since “legal” marriage doesn’t matter to them, it makes no sense for any of them to legally marry. if Kody just treated each of the women as “spiritual wives,” legally it would be the same as any dude with multiple baby mamas - and the police will never descend upon them again  

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Here's the dill - if the marriage license is no big deal to anyone as they keep saying ad nauseam - then:   A) Why was Meri crying and so distraught?  And B) Since it was OBVIOUS to anyone who gave a shit and had at least one eyeball in their head that it DID matter to Meri - why didn't Kody divorce ROBYN after the adoptions were final - and remarry Meri?  Because Robyn would NEVER have permitted that! 

Since “legal” marriage doesn’t matter to them, it makes no sense for any of them to legally marry. if Kody just treated each of the women as “spiritual wives,” legally it would be the same as any dude with multiple baby mamas - and the police will never descend upon them again  

I had the same thought - if the legal marriage doesn't matter, why ever do it with any of the wives (except for the purposes of adopting the spouse's children as with Robyn).

Having said that, are we sure that only a stepparent can do a second-parent adoption in... whatever state they were living in when they were doing the divorce-marry-adopt shenanigans? Reason I ask is that it used to be possible, in some states, for a non-married partner to adopt his/her partner's children as a "second parent adoption." This is how gay couples were both able to be legal parents to a child before same sex couples could marry. I wonder if Kody really had to marry Robyn to adopt her children or if that was a faulty assumption.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kootie will do anything to keep the show going, and his sheeple wives will do what he says.  It's mind-boggling to this COL.

exactly and with all the talk of pregnancy from Robyn and Kootie reminding us all what a stud muffin virile man he is...

I think next season will be Mariahs wedding and Robyn pregnant and pushing out another baby for the Brown clowns.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

if the legal marriage doesn't matter, why ever not do it with any all of the wives - marry each one and then divorce each one?

I wonder if Kody really had to marry Robyn to adopt her children or if that was a faulty assumption just another lie

My take on it in italic.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, suomi said:

My take on it in italic.

Give each of them a turn as HBIC and just watch the sparks fly when buried resentments come out to play.  Janelle could smugly fondle Kody in front of Meri and Christine could proudly display her legal marriage certificate for all to enjoy.

How long to they have to remain married to benefit from his Social Security if he prematurely passes from the strain?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

How long to they have to remain married to benefit from his Social Security if he prematurely passes from the strain?

8 hours ago, suomi said:

10 years. 

INTERESTING.  If "legal" stuff doesn't rilly matter to them (hahaha as if), then the Kodester should give Robyn whatever's left of those 10 years, then divorce her and marry Christine for 10, then move on to Janelle for 10.  Meri's got her 10 and then some.  If that happened, would each wife be entitled to Kody's SS if he passes after that?  I mean, it would be like dividing a peanut between four hungry elephants, but if Kody rilly wanted to play fair, this is what he should've been doing all along.  Again, I am talking as if Robyn would willingly sacrifice that meaningless certificate so all the wifeys could get a share of Kody's bounty (ha).  

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

INTERESTING.  If "legal" stuff doesn't rilly matter to them (hahaha as if), then the Kodester should give Robyn whatever's left of those 10 years, then divorce her and marry Christine for 10, then move on to Janelle for 10.  Meri's got her 10 and then some.  If that happened, would each wife be entitled to Kody's SS if he passes after that?  I mean, it would be like dividing a peanut between four hungry elephants, but if Kody rilly wanted to play fair, this is what he should've been doing all along.  Again, I am talking as if Robyn would willingly sacrifice that meaningless certificate so all the wifeys could get a share of Kody's bounty (ha).  

Your post made me think.  This is obviously purely hypothetical....if Kody were to die and only ONE wife received an inheritance or SS - which wives would take care of the other wives/children?   I would have to give this more thought because I didn't get any immediate gut reactions about any of them.. EXCEPT - I think Robyn would keep all of the money for herself and her OWN kids.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Your post made me think.  This is obviously purely hypothetical....if Kody were to die and only ONE wife received an inheritance or SS - which wives would take care of the other wives/children?   I would have to give this more thought because I didn't get any immediate gut reactions about any of them.. EXCEPT - I think Robyn would keep all of the money for herself and her OWN kids.

Just like Meri would have done.  Except for Kootie, Robyn and Meri are the most selfish IMO.  

Yes, considering the financials, Kootie should have gone in order, 10 years legally married to each "wife."  Meri wouldn't have allowed it, and Robyn wouldn't hear of it.  Legal marriage is not impor-unt?  My ass it isn't.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If Robyn and Kody stay married for 10 years, BOTH Robyn and Meri are entitled to survivor benefits.  If they don't only Meri is.  They don't split his benefit - they each get it.  The person who probably needs it the most would be the one who gets it - Christine.  Since SS is based on your 15 highest earning years I don't know if she would qualify on her own earnings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When they were supposedly going to be arrested, didn’t the wives make up some type of guardian arrangements for their children? If they did, I wonder if it’s still the same. Or did I dream that?

When they marched at Salt Lake City, I believe they gave the power to Robyn, who stayed home with King Sol and I believe Areola.  Day-un was Robyn's only spawn that got permission to go.  I admired Paedon for staying home from it, but all Christine's daughters went, IIRC.  Joe Darger saying "families, not felons" and Kootie/Christine speakingk there was pretty much it.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Sandy W said:

If you are married to them at the time of their death, then you only have had to be married a year.  If you are divorced at the time of their death, then your marriage had to have lasted at least 10 years.  So, right now Meri and Robin would be eligible if he dies.

• Useful 5
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

When they marched at Salt Lake City, I believe they gave the power to Robyn, who stayed home with King Sol and I believe Areola.  Day-un was Robyn's only spawn that got permission to go.  I admired Paedon for staying home from it, but all Christine's daughters went, IIRC.  Joe Darger saying "families, not felons" and Kootie/Christine speakingk there was pretty much it.

I just watched that episode about a week ago and I loved how blunt Paedon was about the whole thing saying he didn't agree with it and didn't think it was a good idea and he stood his ground.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

They made a big Whoo-Haa about Christine drawing up official papers for her kids and Robyn and Christine gave the song a dance "oh...why can't they see how much I trust this other woman with my children!!" You will have to add your own wails, sighs and covering your face with a lace hankie for dramatic reasons... Janelle just calmly stated that her kids "were being taken care of", but the unsaid implication was it wasn't by Robyn...

Then they went on and on about how they can all be arrested!!  YES arrested!!  Because...if they cross the state line then they. are. felons... GASP !

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

They made a big Whoo-Haa about Christine drawing up official papers for her kids and Robyn and Christine gave the song a dance "oh...why can't they see how much I trust this other woman with my children!!" You will have to add your own wails, sighs and covering your face with a lace hankie for dramatic reasons... Janelle just calmly stated that her kids "were being taken care of", but the unsaid implication was it wasn't by Robyn...

Then they went on and on about how they can all be arrested!!  YES arrested!!  Because...if they cross the state line then they. are. felons... GASP !

And Robyn was crying and giving Dayton instructions on what to do if violence broke out at this rally.  Like ANYONE cared enough to even pay attention, much less protest their protest.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

And Robyn was crying and giving Dayton instructions on what to do if violence broke out at this rally.  Like ANYONE cared enough to even pay attention, much less protest their protest.

Exactly. Kody lives to kick up the fake drama for his show, but he couldn't make that protest be something it wasn't for the cameras.  I thought it showed how narrow minded Kody thinks when he wanted to be a major ass to the handful of other protestors (the anti-polygamy group) by telling them to shut up that it was THEIR protest...then Joe had to step in and tell Kody that everyone deserves a voice within their opinion...duh. 🙄 Man Child through and through.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Exactly. Kody lives to kick up the fake drama for his show, but he couldn't make that protest be something it wasn't for the cameras.  I thought it showed how narrow minded Kody thinks when he wanted to be a major ass to the handful of other protestors (the anti-polygamy group) by telling them to shut up that it was THEIR protest...then Joe had to step in and tell Kody that everyone deserves a voice within their opinion...duh. 🙄 Man Child through and through.

Typical hypocritical moron Kody...

He also doesn't want his unmarried children sleeping with a partner under his roof while he sleeps with 3 women he's not legally married to.

He's ridiculous 🙄

• Love 19
On 1/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, xwordfanatik said:

How long is Meri going to milk the victim persona?  As long as it lines her pockets with cash.  She still gets her LuLaCrap buyers to fill sorry for her, somehow.

I agree. on both things.  I also bet you that Kody will take on another wife if it means keeping the show going.  

On 1/24/2020 at 4:08 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I think that was just for the show.  Or for Christine to gain some favor with Kody.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

As far as inheritance goes, if Janelle has no hope of ever marrying Kody herself, she at least has to be relieved that Robyn will be the legal wife upon Kody’s death rather than Meri. 

Hard to say.  Robyn has been a pain in the butt to all of them through these years, IMO.  Janelle is not a total idiot - she knows why they moved to Flagstaff.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Hard to say.  Robyn has been a pain in the butt to all of them through these years, IMO.  Janelle is not a total idiot - she knows why they moved to Flagstaff.

I think you're right and that makes me sad because Gabes own bio mom uprooted him and forced him to move for the sake of keeping Robyn happy which in turn keeps kootie happy... ugh

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Janelle is not a total idiot

hahahahha... we've been tossing around ideas for new thread names

Pretty much everyone agrees that the current "Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)" is not the Janelle we've come to know...... yours might be a good candidate "Janelle is not a TOTAL idiot" 

or maybe she is..... 🤨

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Podcast Reality Life with Kate Casey.  Interview with Kody Brown  

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/wondery/reality-life-with-kate-casey?fbclid=IwAR3BUf4X0amZfKyMA0h3Ctay8dsYk4xRlcUukUieCljXJobSWInfLNg-4qE

Total fluff piece.  Someone really needs to clue Kody in that Jewish faith is not only not eating pork and shellfish and keeping the Sabbath. It's a whole other belief system Kody. Jews do not believe in Jesus Christ Kody. Huge huge difference.

• Love 8
On 2/3/2020 at 11:15 PM, Irate Panda said:

Did the prairie dog plague in the pond go away on its own or did Kody prancing around in his undies magically restore its purity like it did for Robyn’s virginity?

It's a non-issue now that they realize they will never have the ability to bring utilities to the property so they would have to live like pioneers.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

It's a non-issue now that they realize they will never have the ability to bring utilities to the property so they would have to live like pioneers.

I only thought it since they were modestly taking their clothes off swimming in prairie poop lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I think it's funny that even in the pic Meri isn't really part of the tight knit little group....

They're all dressed in hillbilly clothes with little hats but Meri is *plunked* down in her LulaRoe crap clothes, shoebooties, scraggly hair and she looks bored! 😂

Edited by Joan of Argh
Wrong emoji
  • LOL 10
35 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think it's funny that even in the pic Meri isn't really part of the tight knit little group....

They're all dressed in hillbilly clothes with little hats but Meri is *plunked* down in her LulaRoe crap clothes, shoebooties, scraggly hair and she looks bored! 😂

I love Christine Mae.

Do we have any idea  why Kody and Robin purchased a house that close to Coyote Pass.  Have they given up on building?  I believe they can see the pass from their new property. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, crimson23 said:

I love Christine Mae.

Do we have any idea  why Kody and Robin purchased a house that close to Coyote Pass.  Have they given up on building?  I believe they can see the pass from their new property. 

I would think they would HAVE to give up the idea of building until a giant subdivision is built on the other lots there and utilities are piped/laid to the houses there.  There is no way in hell they can afford even THAT - and they still have the materials and labor on the house to contend with.

• Love 11

How many times this season have we heard Kody repeat the phrase "Where we go one we go all?"  Didn't he write it on one of his white board presentations?  Well I was reading an article this morning about a far right wing fringe group Qanon. This group promotes such off the wall conspiracy theories like Trump is fighting a war against pediphiles and cannibals that are running a child sex ring. Also that JFK jr is a Trump supporter and is alive and faked his death. They believe That Obama and Clinton and other top democrats are going to be rounded up and sent to prison in Guantanamo.  All sorts of other bizarre and off the wall theories.  Near the end of this article was the statement that the Moto for Qanon is "Where we go one we go all" I almost spit out my coffee.  How would anyone know this and use it in speech unless one follows the beliefs of this group?  He is even crazier than we thought. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 2/5/2020 at 11:14 PM, Joan of Argh said:

And she has that pout that has frozen to her face for the last 5 years or so.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

How many times this season have we heard Kody repeat the phrase "Where we go one we go all?"  Didn't he write it on one of his white board presentations?  Well I was reading an article this morning about a far right wing fringe group Qanon. This group promotes such off the wall conspiracy theories like Trump is fighting a war against pediphiles and cannibals that are running a child sex ring. Also that JFK jr is a Trump supporter and is alive and faked his death. They believe That Obama and Clinton and other top democrats are going to be rounded up and sent to prison in Guantanamo.  All sorts of other bizarre and off the wall theories.  Near the end of this article was the statement that the Moto for Qanon is "Where we go one we go all" I almost spit out my coffee.  How would anyone know this and use it in speech unless one follows the beliefs of this group?  He is even crazier than we thought. 

Kody did use the phrase back when he announced to the kids that they were moving to Las Vegas. Most likely he has had that ideology since Janelle left for a time and then they were all reunited when they moved into the Lehi house.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I figured Kody was sort of copying the Three Musketeers...

Didn't they say something like "all for one, one for all"?

I always thought that's where Kody got it from. 

Or the Griswold family from National Lampoon's Vacation. 

Kody wishes he was Chevy Chase, who btw has been a lot better about accepting HIS hair loss.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

If you google Where we go one we go all the first thing that come up is the conspiracy goup Qanon. You can order tee shirts and hats if you want to be associated with these nuts. Maybe Kody just heard the phrase and thought it was cool and adoped it or maybe he believes all of this crap. Either way he is an idiot. I wish someone would ask him is he is a follower of Qanon.  I highly doubt the Qanon people copied Kody. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

But Kootie may have got his hair styling ideas from the author of The Three Musketeers, who originated the phrase Un pour tous, tous pour un (One for all, and all for one; also inverted to All for one, and one for all) is a motto traditionally associated with the titular heroes of the novel The Three Musketeers written by Alexandre Dumas père, first published in 1844. 

JFK stole the phrase before National Lampoon, Kootie & Qanon. 

https://sextile.com/tag/alexandre-dumas/

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
On 1/24/2020 at 9:35 PM, Angeltoes said:

If you are married to them at the time of their death, then you only have had to be married a year.  If you are divorced at the time of their death, then your marriage had to have lasted at least 10 years.  So, right now Meri and Robin would be eligible if he dies.

So Meri and Robyn each would draw 100% of Kody's benefits if he dies and they are at least 60. Janelle and Christine would get nothing. Janelle  could probably draw on her account but Christine would be SOL. If Christine were smart she would push for Kody to divorce Robyn after they have been married for 10 years and marry her. Unless her kids are going to support her she could be poverty stricken in her old age.  Just another way for the Browns to manipulate the system.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

If Christine were smart she would push for Kody to divorce Robyn after they have been married for 10 years and marry her.

Fat chance getting Sobbyn to agree to that!  She couldn't care less about the long term of anybody but herself.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

But Kootie may have got his hair styling ideas from the author of The Three Musketeers, who originated the phrase Un pour tous, tous pour un (One for all, and all for one; also inverted to All for one, and one for all) is a motto traditionally associated with the titular heroes of the novel The Three Musketeers written by Alexandre Dumas père, first published in 1844. 

JFK stole the phrase before National Lampoon, Kootie & Qanon.  https://sextile.com/tag/alexandre-dumas/

Ok I admit it don't know what this means. One for all and all for one is a popular phrase and a recognizable one but Kody did not say this. He uses the exact wording as Qanon, Where we go one we go all. That is a little too strange. JFK said this??

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

So Meri and Robyn each would draw 100% of Kody's benefits if he dies and they are at least 60. Janelle and Christine would get nothing. Janelle  could probably draw on her account but Christine would be SOL. If Christine were smart she would push for Kody to divorce Robyn after they have been married for 10 years and marry her. Unless her kids are going to support her she could be poverty stricken in her old age.  Just another way for the Browns to manipulate the system.  

Or she could get one of his family members to say him and Christine have been common law spouses for 20+ years and she might would be able to draw on Kody's SS.

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Or she could get one of his family members to say him and Christine have been common law spouses for 20+ years and she might would be able to draw on Kody's SS.

Not to be rude, but just how much SS do you all think he has amassed during his employed years? $5000 total in Social Security doesn't add up to much when you split it between the wives.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Common law only applies in states that recognize common law marriages.  SS uses the state's rules as guidance.  Christine is out of luck as NV, AZ, and UT do not recognize common law marriages.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Common law only applies in states that recognize common law marriages.  SS uses the state's rules as guidance.  Christine is out of luck as NV, AZ, and UT do not recognize common law marriages.

Well and seriously folks.....  even if it were recognized, that would make Kody a bigamist which is DEFINITELY illegal, even more so than Polgamy... although the entire issue is really murky when it comes to upholding the law.

• Love 6

Its not split. Eligible spouses and ex spouses if they meet age requirement each draw 100% of a deceased spouse. If  Kody is living when he reaches retirement age his wives the current one and former draw 50% each. They coud rack up if he divorced Robyn at the 10 year mark, married Christine and divorced her at the 10 year mark and then married Janelle. From what I read there is no limit to the # of ex spouses that can draw if they meet all of the requirements. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Its not split. Eligible spouses and ex spouses if they meet age requirement each draw 100% of a deceased spouse. If  Kody is living when he reaches retirement age his wives the current one and former draw 50% each. They coud rack up if he divorced Robyn at the 10 year mark, married Christine and divorced her at the 10 year mark and then married Janelle. From what I read there is no limit to the # of ex spouses that can draw if they meet all of the requirements. 

Except like someone said, Robyn doesn't give a crap about the other wives and there is NO way in hell she would divorce Kody so that he could marry one of the others.

• Love 17