Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

On 1/29/2018 at 10:07 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

While I am VERY RELUCTANTLY giving credit where I think credit is due, I thought Kody's opinions about the room (and bathroom) for Caleb and Maddie were - dare I say - sweet. Whatever lead them to move back home, that is a lot of stress on a young marriage, and - ughhhhh - I liked that he valued giving them some privacy. And it was thoughtful of him to consider Maddie would need to be near a bathroom.

I didn't have a problem with Kody sharing his views on the room arrangements, BUT he really bugged me when he forced the idea on Janelle.  Janelle was trying to be sensitive to the needs of her other children--needs Kody was more than happy to ignore.  

Caleb and Maddie are adults who believed themselves not only sufficiently mature and self sufficient to marry, but to bring a child into the world.  There's not a thing wrong with moving back home if circumstances warrant, but their presence should not turn the rest of the family's life upside down.  Maddie is certainly capable of walking down the hall to a bathroom.  Of course, they should be made comfortable, but they shouldn't be made so comfortable that they have no incentive to become self supporting and find their own home.

Kody's reaction to their return was positively gleeful--he reminded me of Jim-Bob Duggar.  He has Maddie and Caleb comfortably under his control and  without any inconvenience whatsoever to himself.  He'd love it if they stayed forever.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, TVFAN said:

Caleb and Maddie are adults who believed themselves not only sufficiently mature and self sufficient to marry, but to bring a child into the world.  There's not a thing wrong with moving back home if circumstances warrant, but their presence should not turn the rest of the family's life upside down.  Maddie is certainly capable of walking down the hall to a bathroom.  Of course, they should be made comfortable, but they shouldn't be made so comfortable that they have no incentive to become self supporting and find their own home.

That whole conversation was so stupid.  Maddie is pregnant and we can't possibly make her walk all the way down the hall to the bathroom, so let's knock out a few load-bearing walls, disrupt all of our other kids and build her a new bathroom.  And this from Kody - who took an entire day, as well as several hair-fluffing trips around the cul-de-sac searching for the proper tools - to hang a television on Janelle's wall several seasons ago.  Agree 100% with @TVFAN...Maddie having to waddle 10 feet down the hallway to tinkle is not a big dill.  My guess is that Kody was looking for a project to occupy his time so he'd have an excuse to avoid Meri.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That whole conversation was so stupid.  Maddie is pregnant and we can't possibly make her walk all the way down the hall to the bathroom, so let's knock out a few load-bearing walls, disrupt all of our other kids and build her a new bathroom.  And this from Kody - who took an entire day, as well as several hair-fluffing trips around the cul-de-sac searching for the proper tools - to hang a television on Janelle's wall several seasons ago.  Agree 100% with @TVFAN...Maddie having to waddle 10 feet down the hallway to tinkle is not a big dill.  My guess is that Kody was looking for a project to occupy his time so he'd have an excuse to avoid Meri.

I agree, it seems to me that the segments such as bathroom needs, table shuffling for family meals etc. are 'fillers' to pad out the show to round out an episode.  I don't watch for this mundane stuff, I am more interested in the dynamics of this lifestyle, how and why it works...or doesn't.  Even though they weren't totally honest about the catfish situation, it held my interest and I will be very interested in how Meri maneuvers her way through the B&B situation.  

TLC is the learning channel right?  If I wanted to know day to day activities of another family, I would invite a neighbor in for coffee.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

TLC is the learning channel right?

In title only.  Once it wandered off into Boo-Boo, Toddlers and Tiaras, 19 kids, and Hoarding territory, it entered Totally Ludicrous Channel land.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, neh said:

I think that if the producers and the family focused on their lives with more authenticity, they would have a lot more viewers.  

That would work only if the Brown's were willing to honestly share what was going on in their lives.  For instance:-

Has Janelle actually lost any weight with her Strive program?

Is SW closet actually turning a profit and do they design any of their product?

Did Meri receive funds from sale of Bonnie's Lehi home to make purchase of B&B happen?

I'm not holding my breath for answers from the Browns.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

(I mean, we know what we think happens, but I want to hear from their mouths, just once, how Kody divides his time.)

As long as there is time to take an anti-nausea pill ahead of time.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

No shit. And I still want to know how they handle wifely rotation. (I mean, we know what we think happens, but I want to hear from their mouths, just once, how Kody divides his time.)

I believe there was an episode about polygamous date nights where they showed his day with each of his four wives. From what they showed he starts in the morning with a new wife and spends the day with her until the next morning. I don't know how accurate this is but it's what they showed on the show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SL16 said:

I believe there was an episode about polygamous date nights where they showed his day with each of his four wives. From what they showed he starts in the morning with a new wife and spends the day with her until the next morning. I don't know how accurate this is but it's what they showed on the show.

And yet Christine had to agree to having wrestling mats put in her garage in order to have Kody spend time with her children.  I thought that was so sad and real.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, neh said:

And yet Christine had to agree to having wrestling mats put in her garage in order to have Kody spend time with her children.  I thought that was so sad and real.

But wasn't that after Robyn came?  Kody didn't see ANYONE else - including his kids!  It was just Robyn.  Christine had to do SOMETHING to get his attention... and I doubt it worked for more than a time or two.

• Love 5
On 2/6/2018 at 6:36 AM, SL16 said:

I'll bet that is the way it was for a long time, but I wonder about now. He most likely does not spend whole days with Meri anymore. I have a feeling Robyn's house is his "home base", and he probably spends days with Christine, and maybe some time with Janelle. I do wonder if he sleeps overnight at Janelle's anymore though.

On 10/9/2017 at 12:46 PM, lettsjetts said:

With his hair so scraggly it looks much better when pulled back.

Did Kody get work done?  His face looks so tight on the coming attractions for the reunion.

1 hour ago, Lola16 said:

Did Kody get work done?  His face looks so tight on the coming attractions for the reunion.

Wouldn’t surprise me....a narcissistic pig like him would spend money “freshening up” his face....while he has multiple kids who need clothes, dental work, college funds, scoliosis surgery....,you get the picture.  Guess those other things become the American taxpayers’ responsibility.  

• Love 7

My sis and I were talking about the show.  I told her that Kody gets off on thinking he's such a "bad boy" and the law is after him for being a polygamist.  Truth be known...once the show is done, probably at least 3 of the wives will head for the hills.   Then he WILL be in trouble with the law...for not paying his voluminous child support!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Phronsie said:

My sis and I were talking about the show.  I told her that Kody gets off on thinking he's such a "bad boy" and the law is after him for being a polygamist.  Truth be known...once the show is done, probably at least 3 of the wives will head for the hills.   Then he WILL be in trouble with the law...for not paying his voluminous child support!

One can only hope.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2014 at 4:21 PM, ghoulina said:

I'm really not too worried about the Brown children. From what we've seen of them, they all seem to have fairly solid heads on their shoulders. Mariah is the only one of the older ones who I've really seen have any significant character deficiencies. The other kids seem kind, grounded, ambitious in various ways. One thing about the Browns that I appreciate is they seem fairly lax about their children choosing polygamy. Sure, they might be disappointed if they don't, but the majority of the kids have said they do NOT want plural marriage and I think it bodes well that they feel comfortable stating that. I think their parents will love them no matter what life they choose. 

I don't think Mariah is so badd. She could have been nicer to her mother. The 1I think that is really dysfunctional is mikelty ... And where did they dig up all these stupid names.  I do not know how to spell them and I'm not going to bother to try to find out.

• Love 3
On 4/1/2018 at 5:13 PM, Lola16 said:

It might be the ponytail pulling any sagging skin back. He DOES look better like that. I also think he'd look better bald and without the goat. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

It might be the ponytail pulling any sagging skin back. He DOES look better like that. I also think he'd look better bald and without the goat. 

Tight ponies damage hair like his with every wearing. He seems to have a nicely shaped skull so he could easily carry off a baldy.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Sociology101 said:

Kody appears to be helping Christine or Meri with their live sales. Just going to leave this here...

Image 2-3-19 at 10.05 AM.jpeg

Where's his "business partner" . . . Brian?  (The guy we'd never heard of until Kody was dangling the "We can loan you $40,000" carrot in front of Meri . . . until he realized that there was no $40,000.  Which was long after the rest of us realized that.)

• Love 4

Whoever got these leggings in their Valentine package from LLR must have a lot of pull with the company.  I read on a site for disgruntled LLR representatives, that many of them had not received the Valentine's issue as of Feb. 1st, leaving little time for marketing and shipping the leggings prior to Valentine's day.  Those that had received their shipment, displayed their package and the leggings they received bore no relationship to the specific day, they were just more of the ghastly floral prints.

• Love 3

I have so much to say about Kody and his parenting after watching this season's ep 3 (on demand).  Can't wait til it's broadcast and the ep thread for that opens ... he is the worst father ever.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Janc said:

I have so much to say about Kody and his parenting after watching this season's ep 3 (on demand).  Can't wait til it's broadcast and the ep thread for that opens ... he is the worst father ever.

I've only watched half of the ep, about to go finish it, but 

Spoiler

Yeah he is being extremely stubborn about Ysabel. Honestly, I think he is scared. I don't think he wants to see his daughter in the hospital and in pain. Just his mannerisms and the expression on his face, he seems petrified by the idea. It is very serious surgery, so I kind of understand his reticence, but not sure he is doing the best thing for Ysabel.

• Love 3
On 2/4/2019 at 7:58 AM, Kohola3 said:

That has to be one of the most bizarre pictures we've ever seen.  Seriously.

And with this fambly, that's really saying something.............

21 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  My EYES!!!!  This needs a SPOILER ALERT what is this and WHY??!

And also, what's the disclaimer on this particular pair of leggings - "gently worn by a sweaty caveman, we recommend laundering before wearing?"

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  My EYES!!!!  This needs a SPOILER ALERT what is this and WHY??!

And also, what's the disclaimer on this particular pair of leggings - "gently worn by a sweaty caveman, we recommend laundering before wearing?"

Let's hope those are Christine's personal stock!

I admit there is a part of me that thinks this is funny - one thing I do like about Kody is his willingness to risk looking like a fool. Sometimes you just have to do what you want and opinions be damned. I've always enjoyed how he dances with abandon at family parties and weddings.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"gently worn by a sweaty caveman, we recommend laundering before wearing?"

Frankly, I would rather purchase something Christine's dog peed on than something Kody wore.

10 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I admit there is a part of me that thinks this is funny - one thing I do like about Kody is his willingness to risk looking like a fool. Sometimes you just have to do what you want and opinions be damned. I've always enjoyed how he dances with abandon at family parties and weddings.

And it shows he's willing to hustle to pay for all those retirements and kids who still have to go to college!

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

And the race to the bottom is ON! 

I don't know if it's more disgusting or more pitiful. That man will do anything to get publicity.

I don't think he even knows how horrible or foolish he looks - in his mind he's a studly stud helping out the wifey and sure that his pose will bring in the sales that she can't make on her own.  He makes me want to vomit - once I can pry my eyes back open to find the barf bag.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Is this Christine or Meri’s inventory?

Apparently it was Christine's.  The deal was if she sold 50 pairs of leggins within a period of time, Kody would model a pair.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Apparently it was Christine's.  The deal was if she sold 50 pairs of leggins within a period of time, Kody would model a pair.

Ok now I really have to give him props. He kept his end of the bargain!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

What is Kody wearing on top?  An ultra-short bathrobe that barely covers his bits?  (when he is not wearing polyester leggings)

hehe, "bits."  He's such an ass.  Probably the type that thinks he's hung like a horse, when in reality, he's hung like a hamster.

I apologize for the mental picture.  I'll see myself out...

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

hehe, "bits."  He's such an ass.  Probably the type that thinks he's hung like a horse, when in reality, he's hung like a hamster.

I apologize for the mental picture.  I'll see myself out...

Come and sit with me xword.  I love your analogy.

• Love 3

I somehow doubt he's being playful. I bet he thinks he looks adorable and we're all trying to peek under the robe for a thrill.

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Probably the type that thinks he's hung like a horse, when in reality, he's hung like a hamster.

More bleach, more bleach!

• Love 4
On 2/5/2019 at 9:05 PM, deirdra said:

What is Kody wearing on top?  An ultra-short bathrobe that barely covers his bits?  (when he is not wearing polyester leggings)

I'm just glad his bits are covered . . . whether horse-sized or hamster-sized.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2