Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ABay said:

She had a recurring pole on Psych as Lassiter's girlfriend and then wife.

I looked up her IMDB after. Turns out she's been working this whole time. Some projects I've even heard of, though I haven't seen them. Either way, she's still an idiot.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Britney Spears' Lawyer Demands Answers from Jamie Over Bedroom Listening Device

Mathew Rosengart filed legal docs essentially calling out Jamie, arguing he's done a reversal over the conservatorship for selfish reasons. He suggests Jamie is trying to immediately end the 13-year-running conservatorship to avoid answering questions under oath ... in particular allegations he bugged his daughter's bedroom.

Yeah, I think Jamie is running scared at this point.

Edited to add more:

Jamie Spears Demands Britney's Conservatorship End Today, Doesn't Want Money

One last note from Jamie's side here, which is pretty astounding ... "This conservatorship should end. Now. There is no reason for another second of delay. Jamie is willing to stipulate to the immediate termination of the Conservatorship without reservation or exception."

He really, REALLY doesn't want to answer questions under oath.

Edited by GaT
  • Useful 10
  • Love 11
On 11/1/2021 at 4:44 PM, Peace 47 said:

I got a kick out of reading those multiple social media descriptions of Buscemi’s “epic gif” or “epic meme” with rarely a mention of the source material:  a very brief cutaway gag from 30 Rock.  That’s definitely the best celebrity Halloween costume I saw this year.

Thank you!  It has been bothering me more than it should have that all these articles were talking about him "recreating his meme."  He was recreating a character he played, that was written so well that moment hit the zeitgeist.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

I always liked Kristy Swanson - She was really enjoyable in Higher Learning, The Chase and Early Edition. I didn't know she was a moron.

So did I. I loved her in those three and as Marlowe in Psych. Its hard to find out that she's crappy person.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, GaT said:

Britney Spears' Lawyer Demands Answers from Jamie Over Bedroom Listening Device

Yeah, I think Jamie is running scared at this point.

Edited to add more:

Jamie Spears Demands Britney's Conservatorship End Today, Doesn't Want Money

He really, REALLY doesn't want to answer questions under oath.

Right before she got her own handpicked lawyer he was suggesting she needed to be committed again.   Now MIRACULOUSLY she is all better and doesn't need a conservator anymore.   WOW.   What a recovery by Britney.

I saw something real quick while digging in other things yesterday that they are checking out her "business" manager too.   Sounds like there was more than grifter  (I consider her family as one grifter since they all benefited from Jamie being the conservator even if they didn't personally take action to get her money )around Britney.  

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

He wants out from under all of this so badly he's not even demanding that Britney pay him off to go away, anymore.

Now that it's a virtual certainty that Mr. Spears would rather jump off the gravy train instead of facing possible legal consequences for how badly he appears to have exploited Miss Spears during the entire conservatorship, I wonder if Perez Hilton and others who had been Mr. Spears's most ardent public cheerleaders will admit that they backed the wrong horse all this time. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Fool to cry said:

I would never in a million years have predicted Pete Davidson to be the Warren Beatty of the modern era.

I think they called David Spade the George Clooney of the comedy set?  So Pete Davidson is like the new school version I guess.  

Kristy Swanson is in one of my favourite movies "Big Daddy".  She's pretty cute in it too.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
Just now, proserpina65 said:

What a load of horseshit.  No matter how the round got there, it was her job to make sure the gun was safe before it was given to an actor.  She's negligent if nothing else.

Her attempts to defend herself are some of the worst I've ever seen. I think deep down she knows she has no defense, but she's desperate to deflect blame in any way she can because she wants to avoid charges and/or a civil suit, so she's trying this horseshit instead. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think they called David Spade the George Clooney of the comedy set?  So Pete Davidson is like the new school version I guess.  

I have a friend who works in the industry who has met David Spade. She never got his appeal until she actually talked to him and she told me after "I get why he dates so many supermodels." She said there was just something about the way he talked and made eye contact. 

Pete must have some sort of appeal, whether it's his personality (I don't think it is) or whatever he does in the bedroom (I'm thinking it's this).

• Useful 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I have a friend who works in the industry who has met David Spade. She never got his appeal until she actually talked to him and she told me after "I get why he dates so many supermodels." She said there was just something about the way he talked and made eye contact. 

Pete must have some sort of appeal, whether it's his personality (I don't think it is) or whatever he does in the bedroom (I'm thinking it's this).

I watched David's show "Lights Out".  It was on for one season a year or two ago.  It was a roundtable with himself hosting and always 3 other comedians, some of them women.  He's very tender with the women.  It's not uber noticeable, but I notice it.  He is gentlemanly.  He's kind of playful.  You can tell they all love him.  Touching somebody on the wrist when laughing at a joke, or when they all get up to stand and hug at the end of the session.

There was something very infamous when Ariana was releasing her "Sweetener" album, which is mostly about Pete, there is even a song named "Pete Davidson" on it.  One of her fans asked how long that "Pete Davidson" song was, because it's only meant to be an interlude.

30c940f8e6125accb45576c26c4c4205_md.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Joshua Jackson and Jodie Turner-Smith may be the most adorable couple.  I’ve always thought she was striking, but not necessarily beautiful.  This is the first time I have seen her dressed casually with her hair down, and man was I wrong. She is simply drop-dead gorgeous!

They are the faces of J Crew this holiday

They are very cute.  When "Little Fires Everywhere" was airing, which Josh is on, Jodie was live tweeting it and it was fun.  She was experiencing the show just like a normal fan.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

He may not be directly responsible, but he is negligent.

The director, Joel Souza, said (according to the affidavit the sheriff's office submitted in its application for a search warrant) Halls normally checked guns again after armorer Hannah Guitierrez-Reed did, and handed them to the actors.  (But, in this specific instance, he wasn't sure if the gun was checked again after the lunch break.)  One of the film's producers told a NY Times reporter the actors had been handed guns by both Halls and Gutierrez-Reed over the course of filming.

Halls will have to answer as to why he called out the "cold gun" notification if he hadn't verified.  (Assuming that's accurate; the affidavit says Halls grabbed the gun from a tray set up by Gutierrez-Reed, handed it to Baldwin, and shouted, “cold gun" but I'm not sure from which witness interview that statement came.)  If it's not your responsibility, then don't assume that responsibility by asserting to everyone on set a safety status you don't actually know is true.

• Useful 5
  • Love 12

The "celestial" shoes in that JCrew commercial are so cute, but I can't afford to pay $140. Yikes. I used to have a pair of shoes I could barely walk in (heels) that had a pretty, delicate daisy-like pattern sewn in, all over them, in silver. The shoes were black. 

That advert was cute.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Zella said:

The Rust armorer is now trying to insinuate that sabotage via the crew members who walked out over safety concerns might have been the reason a live round was on set and not the spectacular safety violations and incompetence she and the AD displayed. 🙄

Weren't the armorer and AD the same two people before and after crew members walked?  Weren't crew members grumbling about conditions before they left?  If so, why didn't the armorer and AD take the precaution of locking away guns/ammunition when off set to prevent disgruntled crew members from "sabotage" in the first place?  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Weren't the armorer and AD the same two people before and after crew members walked?  Weren't crew members grumbling about conditions before they left?  If so, why didn't the armorer and AD take the precaution of locking away guns/ammunition when off set to prevent disgruntled crew members from "sabotage" in the first place?  

Exactly. Because the accusation is bullshit, and they know it. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Exactly. Because the accusation is bullshit, and they know it. 

Even if Rust was the happiest set in motion picture history, one would think keeping guns/ammunition locked up at the end of the work day should be SOP.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

why didn't the armorer and AD take the precaution of locking away guns/ammunition when off set to prevent disgruntled crew members from "sabotage" in the first place?  

1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Even if Rust was the happiest set in motion picture history, one would think keeping guns/ammunition's locked up at the end of the work day should be SOP.

Exactly. Whether or not they lock up the guns & ammunition at the end of the day shouldn't depend on how happy the set is, it should be like breathing to them.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Even if Rust was the happiest set in motion picture history, one would think keeping guns/ammunition locked up at the end of the work day should be SOP.

Yep.  I saw Gutierrez' attorneys on The Today Show trying to imply that a disgruntled former employee sneaked onto the set during the  hourlong lunch break and put real bullets into a bin that was supposed to hold only dummies which was left in an unlocked SUV on set.  That Gutierrez' only responsibility was to keep the guns locked up, not the bullets.  And that she had to leave the bullets unattended because she was performing duties for her other role as a prop person on set.  So, not her fault that someone tampered with the dummy ammo.

However, they never said she wasn't the one who loaded the gun. And, they also don't point out that it is very easy to tell a live round from a dummy round with just a quick look.  The dummy rounds are either a different shape or color from live rounds, often both.  Which means that Gutierrez, charged with being the gun expert on set whose main duty was to keep the rest of the cast and crew safe, loaded the gun without bothering to look at the rounds as she loaded them to be sure they were dummies.  

Even if someone was disgruntled enough to want to try to kill a random someone else on the set; there is no claim that that mystery individual had access to the gun and loaded it themselves.  For that matter, in his initial statement to police, the AD said that Gutierrez opened the gun to show him that it did not contain live ammo prior to his handing it to Baldwin and admitted that he did not look closely at every round and wasn't actually sure there were no live bullets in it.

The two of them have a lot to answer for and I suspect they are going to be doing it in criminal as well as civil court.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

This story is so disturbing that it makes me feel ill when I think about.  To drive after drinking and at 150 mph!  It boggles the mind.  That poor lady and her dog.  It sounds as if she suffered greatly. Just heartbreaking.  Henry Ruggs, III, NFL, was charged.  

https://nypost.com/2021/11/04/henry-ruggs-filmed-partying-in-las-vegas-before-deadly-crash/

Here’s an article about the young woman that was killed.  

https://people.com/crime/nev-woman-killed-along-with-dog-in-crash-involving-raiders-player-remembered-as-great-friend/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
41 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This story is so disturbing that it makes me feel ill when I think about.  To drive after drinking and at 150 mph!  It boggles the mind.  That poor lady and her dog.  It sounds as if she suffered greatly. Just heartbreaking.  Henry Ruggs, III, NFL, was charged.  

https://nypost.com/2021/11/04/henry-ruggs-filmed-partying-in-las-vegas-before-deadly-crash/

Here’s an article about the young woman that was killed.  

https://people.com/crime/nev-woman-killed-along-with-dog-in-crash-involving-raiders-player-remembered-as-great-friend/

In some ways fans do this to these young sports players. From the time they're young they are told that they are perfect. Perform in the stadium and they can do no wrong. Now days they don't necessarily even finish college before huge sums of money are thrown at them. It's kind of a miracle this stuff doesn't happen more.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I am very familiar with that stretch of Rainbow and it's got lots of traffic lights and the speed limit is 45mph. It's a regular street, not a highway, as you can see in the embedded video in this report. It also intersects with many of the main East/West cross-streets. If you'd asked me before this I would have said it was impossible to get up to 156mph there. It's only because it was 3:30am he didn't hit more cars.

$20 for an Uber and that woman and her dog would be alive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I am very familiar with that stretch of Rainbow and it's got lots of traffic lights and the speed limit is 45mph. It's a regular street, not a highway, as you can see in the embedded video in this report. It also intersects with many of the main East/West cross-streets. If you'd asked me before this I would have said it was impossible to get up to 156mph there. It's only because it was 3:30am he didn't hit more cars.

$20 for an Uber and that woman and her dog would be alive.

The NFL provides free transportation to any player who has had too much to drink and wants a ride.  All he had to do was call.  It would've been free.  The number of really bad decisions made by this guy in just a few hours' time is really mind boggling.  He also had a loaded gun on the floor of his car at the time of the crash.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
On 11/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, Crs97 said:

Joshua Jackson and Jodie Turner-Smith may be the most adorable couple.  I’ve always thought she was striking, but not necessarily beautiful.  This is the first time I have seen her dressed casually with her hair down, and man was I wrong. She is simply drop-dead gorgeous!

They are the faces of J Crew this holiday

This is adorable. They are a gorgeous couple. They made me wanna buy J. Crew, so it was successful!

• Love 12
On 11/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, Crashcourse said:

I'm watching TMZ now and Harvey Levin is wearing his lawyer hat and saying Alec Baldwin was talking too much.   

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but Goodness Gracious!! Where is the common sense!? Besides the potential legal ramifications--- it is just tacky, heartless & crass to let his wife, Hilaria de España Hillary from Boston post pictures on Instagram of the whole family dressed up to go trick-or-treating knowing there's a young boy having his first of many holidays without his mom. 😢😢😢

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/01/alec-baldwin-in-family-halloween-pics-after-rust-shooting/

baldwin-halloween.thumb.jpg.33b2388a708e7daa2fe9b042174f5eec.jpg

Why!? Just WHY!!? All the talking, all the tweeting, closing down a restaurant so they can have dinner and drinks:

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/alec-baldwin-and-wife-hilaria-dine-in-vermont-bar-closed-to-public-as-rust-probe-picks-up-steam

baldwin.thumb.jpg.1f04200dd946e7bce97f076e8acf7ccd.jpg

I could have cut him some slack as an actor who was told "cold gun," although he is a producer so his role is more culpable. But, his behavior after the fact, before the poor woman is cold in the ground is very telling about his character as a human being.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but Goodness Gracious!! Where is the common sense!? Besides the potential legal ramifications--- it is just tacky, heartless & crass to let his wife, Hilaria de España Hillary from Boston post pictures on Instagram of the whole family dressed up to go trick-or-treating knowing there's a young boy having his first of many holidays without his mom. 😢😢😢

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/01/alec-baldwin-in-family-halloween-pics-after-rust-shooting/

baldwin-halloween.thumb.jpg.33b2388a708e7daa2fe9b042174f5eec.jpg

Why!? Just WHY!!? All the talking, all the tweeting, closing down a restaurant so they can have dinner and drinks:

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/alec-baldwin-and-wife-hilaria-dine-in-vermont-bar-closed-to-public-as-rust-probe-picks-up-steam

baldwin.thumb.jpg.1f04200dd946e7bce97f076e8acf7ccd.jpg

I could have cut him some slack as an actor who was told "cold gun," although he is a producer so his role is more culpable. But, his behavior after the fact, before the poor woman is cold in the ground is very telling about his character as a human being.

Wow. I've defended Alec a lot because I know I'd be a mess in his shoes. But what were they thinking?!

• Love 15

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10165655/amp/Natalie-Wood-assaulted-Kirk-Douglas-sister-alleges.html

There was always great mystery around the very beautiful and talented actress Natalie Wood:

50063629-10165655-image-a-2_1636042981401.jpg.424f18f943f771491c772a27b5e9374e.jpg

Growing up as a child star with a pushy "momanger," the top Hollywood circles she ran in from a young age, the Russian heritage during the Cold War, breaking her wrist during a scene and always wearing a thick bracelet to cover it, the mysterious way she drowned... Well, her sister has finally named the famous older actor who raped her at 16, after... ~sort of being offered up by her mom/"momanger."

Kirk Douglas.

He was 39 at the time.

"Mom" dropped her off at Chateau Marmont hotel and sat in the car with the sister. She returned some time later looking disheveled and in distress. Mom told her to "suck it up," to preserve her career. 

Son, actor Michael Douglas wisely said through his publicist: "May they both rest in peace."

• Useful 3
9 minutes ago, AheadofStraight said:

I'm totally cool with keeping everything as normal as possible for the kids. It's her posting of pictures that is beyond cringe. JFC, that woman is an imbecile. And she is still keeping up the Spanish charade? "Baldwinitos"??

Yes, Hilaria lacks common sense.  I have a feeling that she is actually looking at all the recent paparazzi attention as an opportunity to build her online brand; not that she'd ever admit it.   She's kinda disgusting.

I've got no problem with taking the kids trick or treating; they're kids, they need the sense of normalcy, especially now.  But it was tasteless and tacky to post the photos online.  And, presuming they liked the food at that restaurant or whatever; good Lord!  Everyone has carry-out or delivery these days.  Doordash can pick food to eat at home in privacy.  Or, have one of the nannies or other employees who undoubtedly are with them 24/7 get some carryout.  I wouldn't be surprised if Hilaria didn't make the plan to have the bar shut down for them just because she knew the paps would be there to document it.  She seems the type to think any publicity is good publicity.  This is a woman who spent years faking a Spanish accent after all.

• Love 18