Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10165655/amp/Natalie-Wood-assaulted-Kirk-Douglas-sister-alleges.html

There was always great mystery around the very beautiful and talented actress Natalie Wood:

50063629-10165655-image-a-2_1636042981401.jpg.424f18f943f771491c772a27b5e9374e.jpg

Growing up as a child star with a pushy "momanger," the top Hollywood circles she ran in from a young age, the Russian heritage during the Cold War, breaking her wrist during a scene and always wearing a thick bracelet to cover it, the mysterious way she drowned... Well, her sister has finally named the famous older actor who raped her at 16, after... ~sort of being offered up by her mom/"momanger."

Kirk Douglas.

He was 39 at the time.

"Mom" dropped her off at Chateau Marmont hotel and sat in the car with the sister. She returned some time later looking disheveled and in distress. Mom told her to "suck it up," to preserve her career. 

Son, actor Michael Douglas wisely said through his publicist: "May they both rest in peace."

It's interesting that the younger Mr. Douglas's diplomatic response (re evidently wanting the best for both the elder Mr. Douglas's and Miss Wood's afterlife) did NOT   attempt to deny the possibility that his late father could have done what Miss Wood's surviving sister has claimed to have happened. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Eh, he's average at best, imo.

14 minutes ago, Dani said:

From the shade thrown on Anna and his son with health issue

I didn't actually take that post as throwing shade.  It seemed to me just like any other post from someone who'd just had/wife had just had a baby, right down to the healthy part.  Don't get me wrong, I think Chris Pratt is an ass, but not for this post.

• Love 12

There's no reason that the Baldwin children should miss normal  things like trick or treat. There's no reason that Hil should not post is t h at's normal for her. None.

And the title producer does not mean any power or responsibility. Especially for actors and backers it can just be an ego boost.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I didn't actually take that post as throwing shade.  It seemed to me just like any other post from someone who'd just had/wife had just had a baby, right down to the healthy part.  Don't get me wrong, I think Chris Pratt is an ass, but not for this post.

In my opinion, when you have one child with health issues commenting on how happy you are that your new wife gave you a healthy kid is insensitive at best. We’ll have to agree to disagree. I could maybe see it not being a complete dick move if it was just after the baby was born but that’s not the case. The post wasn’t even about the daughter. 

Edited by Guest
8 minutes ago, Dani said:

In my opinion, when you have one child with health issues commenting on how happy you are that your new wife gave you a healthy kid is insensitive at best. We’ll have to agree to disagree. I could maybe see it not being a complete dick move if it was just after the baby was born but that’s not the case. The post wasn’t even about the daughter. 

I agree.  I know that is what a lot of people are dragging him for, but what sets me off is the line "her heart is pure, and only for me."  Katherine is a decade younger than Chris and it gives off bad purity culture vibes.  I know nothing about Katherine's personal life before she met Chris. She could have had a hoe phase in college for all I know.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
11 minutes ago, Dani said:

I just see it as someone enthusing about his wife & child and how they make him feel.  But yes, we'll agree to disagree because while Pratt has done and said plenty of dick things, I don't see this as one of them.

1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree.  I know that is what a lot of people are dragging him for, but what sets me off is the line "her heart is pure, and only for me."  Katherine is a decade younger than Chris and it gives off bad purity culture vibes.  I know nothing about Katherine's personal life before she met Chris. She could have had a hoe phase in college for all I know.  

Aren't they both kind of . . . I wanna say fundamentalist Christians but that's not exactly right, something more along those lines, though?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree. Without everything else the thing about the daughter wouldn’t have been that bad. The whole post has a sanctimonious and territorial vibe. 

12 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Aren't they both kind of . . . I wanna say fundamentalist Christians but that's not exactly right, something more along those lines, though?

Evangelical. 

41 minutes ago, Dani said:

29 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

All this. It’s really hard for me not to side-eye how quickly the MCU cast leapt to his defense last year while leaving the likes of Brie Larson and Emily VanCamp to the trolls. Extra side-eye when you remember Pratt dated Emily back when she was still in her teens while he was in his 20s.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but Goodness Gracious!! Where is the common sense!? Besides the potential legal ramifications--- it is just tacky, heartless & crass to let his wife, Hilaria de España Hillary from Boston post pictures on Instagram of the whole family dressed up to go trick-or-treating knowing there's a young boy having his first of many holidays without his mom. 😢😢😢

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/01/alec-baldwin-in-family-halloween-pics-after-rust-shooting/

baldwin-halloween.thumb.jpg.33b2388a708e7daa2fe9b042174f5eec.jpg

Why!? Just WHY!!? All the talking, all the tweeting, closing down a restaurant so they can have dinner and drinks:

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/alec-baldwin-and-wife-hilaria-dine-in-vermont-bar-closed-to-public-as-rust-probe-picks-up-steam

baldwin.thumb.jpg.1f04200dd946e7bce97f076e8acf7ccd.jpg

I could have cut him some slack as an actor who was told "cold gun," although he is a producer so his role is more culpable. But, his behavior after the fact, before the poor woman is cold in the ground is very telling about his character as a human being.

She also lied about why she went there. She claims she just drove and drove until she found a place. Her grandparents actually had a house near there. 🙄

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I like this Chris.

But I do not like this Chris.

https://news.yahoo.com/chris-pratt-slammed-online-post-003739726.html

He just gets more dickish.

You don't win the 'One Chris Must Go' game three times running in a row for nothing!

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

All this. It’s really hard for me not to side-eye how quickly the MCU cast leapt to his defense last year while leaving the likes of Brie Larson and Emily VanCamp to the trolls. Extra side-eye when you remember Pratt dated Emily back when she was still in her teens while he was in his 20s.

And the sad part is, they came out in FORCE to defend him from a silly internet game -- the aforementioned 'One Chris Must Go.'

• Love 21
1 minute ago, DearEvette said:

You don't win the 'One Chris Must Go' game three times running in a row for nothing!

And the sad part is, they came out in FORCE to defend him from a silly internet game -- the aforementioned 'One Chris Must Go.'

But trolls shitting on Brie Larson for expressing perfectly harmless opinions and not smiling sufficiently? That's apparently A-OK! 

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 16

Prior to this, the only things I'd ever read about Chris Pratt was how he and Anna Faris kept dumping their pets and that he belongs to a creepy church.  So, yeah, add that icky post to the mix and I remain thoroughly unimpressed.

• Love 21
31 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

But trolls shitting on Brie Larson for expressing perfectly harmless opinions and not smiling sufficiently? That's apparently A-OK! 

Or trolls shitting on Emily just because people felt like Sharon got in the way of Stucky happening? That as more than a good excuse for the writers to cave to the backlash and crap out on her character completely and rewrite her as a villain, instead of just telling the masses to just cool it? Ughhhh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Yes, Hilaria lacks common sense.  I have a feeling that she is actually looking at all the recent paparazzi attention as an opportunity to build her online brand; not that she'd ever admit it.   She's kinda disgusting.

I've got no problem with taking the kids trick or treating; they're kids, they need the sense of normalcy, especially now.  But it was tasteless and tacky to post the photos online.  And, presuming they liked the food at that restaurant or whatever; good Lord!  Everyone has carry-out or delivery these days.  Doordash can pick food to eat at home in privacy.  Or, have one of the nannies or other employees who undoubtedly are with them 24/7 get some carryout.  I wouldn't be surprised if Hilaria didn't make the plan to have the bar shut down for them just because she knew the paps would be there to document it.  She seems the type to think any publicity is good publicity.  This is a woman who spent years faking a Spanish accent after all.

Yes, to be clear, I'm not saying their children should miss out on normal life. It's the way they're going about it. Don't post pictures. Lay low. Not that hard. 

I am not super familiar with Natalie Wood's life, but I always thought she had such a unique beauty with the dark hair and big brown eyes. 

• Love 13

No idea if this is true, but he DID marry someone 13 years younger than Anna is.  I scrolled down to find the source, and Anna Faris discusses her divorce in her podcast, the guest host was Rachel Bilson.  

15 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I am not super familiar with Natalie Wood's life, but I always thought she had such a unique beauty with the dark hair and big brown eyes. 

I watched "Splendor in the Grass" for the first time this year.  Great movie.  I recommend it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Or trolls shitting on Emily just because people felt like Sharon got in the way of Stucky happening? That as more than a good excuse for the writers to cave to the backlash and crap out on her character completely and rewrite her as a villain, instead of just telling the masses to just cool it? Ughhhh.

Now, now. She was standing in the way of a man's pure, sacred love for another man. That can't be allowed to stand. #EndlessSarcasm

• LOL 13
8 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

chris-evans070_-1.thumb.jpg.eb94111c333028ba7d1cb6766648043f.jpg

Besides being a cutie-pie, what I think I know about Chris Evans is that he plays the piano & said he's looking for a woman who's independent, whose life won't revolve around him. So, he's sensitive & supports strong women. 

My favorite Chris Evan's Moment Of Life!:

Mmm! *swoon!* 😊

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

I listened to that podcast with Rachel Bilson and I must have missed that entire part. Not surprised at all though. What health issues does their son have? 

I know that Jack was born very premature.  The rest can be found on Anna Faris's Wikipedia page I assume.

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Why is purity bad?

@Ohiopirate02 said bad purity culture not that the concept of purity is bad. There is a lot of information out there about the dangers of purity culture. 
The Flaw at the Center of Purity Culture

1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

I listened to that podcast with Rachel Bilson and I must have missed that entire part. Not surprised at all though. What health issues does their son have? 

He was born two months early and had a cerebral hemorrhage that resulted to muscle problems in his legs and vision issues leading to multiple surgeries. Anna’s has also said that he had a little heart issue. 

29 minutes ago, letter8358 said:

Well, he must be drinking that kool-aid way too long. Bye, Emilio!

I was aware that Charlie Sheen has been an anti-vaxxer for years, but c'mon that's Charlie Sheen.  I gave Emilio more credit than that.  Sigh.

• Love 22

Obviously, unless Michael Douglas himself does a total 'tell-all' about his life and parents, we will never know for sure what he may have heard, when or if he ever asked his late father about it and/or notice anything amiss about his late father's reaction to any mentions of Natalie Wood.

However, given that Michael Douglas has spent almost his entire life in Hollywood, it seems probable he may have heard whispers down the decades  via the grapevine (or even got openly confronted by someone) re Natalie Wood and his own father. They both admitted to having a somewhat stormy and distant relationship in the younger man's childhood and early adulthood. However, since Michael Douglas has himself been a very successful television then film star and director for decades, it's possible in their later decades he may have realized that Kirk no longer could send him to bed supperless if he asked him 'hard questions' - including whether the grapevine's claims about Miss Wood may have been true. Also, he may have observed the older man's reactions to mentions or even footage of the late Natalie Wood to not believe them to have been  conventional and/or appropriate. 

Hence, I think there's a good probability that Michael Douglas may actually have reason to believe that his late  father COULD have committed a criminal act against the teenaged Miss Wood but rather than denying this (or openly admitting it) has opted for the most diplomatic means possible to address it. 

P.S. I think Miss Wood's surviving sister should be given some credit for waiting not just for the elder Mr. Douglas's death but also his centenarian   widow's death to address it. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

players GIF by Dots

My dumb ass expected better from the likes of him. But I guess he’s just another quack, quack, quack, quack….

Oh shut up, I had to get a little laugh out of this mess.

I did too.   But before Charlie's meltdown he was known as the "weird" brother.   Martin Sheen did a helluva job raising his kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'm surprised that she doesn't have the contemporary popularity of Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe. You could argue over her film catalogue but I don't think most people who like those actresses have even seen Breakfast at Tiffany's or Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. I love Gypsy so Natalie has always been iconic to me.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I did too.   But before Charlie's meltdown he was known as the "weird" brother.   Martin Sheen did a helluva job raising his kids.

Well, to be fair, his middle son Ramon Estevez and his only daughter Renee seem to have turned out comparatively okay. But then, perhaps they may individually just have been more discreet re their problems than their trainwreck and/or flaky sibs (and perhaps their mother Janet possibly could have had more influence with them than Martin growing up). 

Still, two out of four problem kids doesn't beat Tom Hanks's apparent  average of one of  four. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Well, to be fair, his middle son Ramon Estevez and his only daughter Renee seem to have turned out comparatively okay. But then, perhaps they may individually just have been more discreet re their problems than their trainwreck and/or flaky sibs (and perhaps their mother Janet possibly could have had more influence with them than Martin growing up). 

Still, two out of four problem kids doesn't beat Tom Hanks's average of one of of four. 

I don't really follow celebs personal lives all that much.  Obviously I know the score on Charlie, I'd have to live under a rock not to. But, did Emilio do anything besides not getting vaccinated?

• Love 2

On 11/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, Anduin said:

The worst Buffy Summers. There's SMG, the time Faith took over her body, her stuntwomen, probably a few cosplayers and RPers, and then Swanson. I genuinely can't name a single other thing she's been in, if you don't count Playboy.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word of this?

On 11/3/2021 at 11:53 AM, WritinMan said:

I've read a couple articles. I've seen a couple videos. And I still don't know who Addison Rae is or why anyone cares.

You're not the only one.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:54 AM, MissAlmond said:

Even if Rust was the happiest set in motion picture history, one would think keeping guns/ammunition locked up at the end of the work day should be SOP.

SOP?

19 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

chris-evans070_-1.thumb.jpg.eb94111c333028ba7d1cb6766648043f.jpg

Besides being a cutie-pie, what I think I know about Chris Evans is that he plays the piano & said he's looking for a woman who's independent, whose life won't revolve around him. So, he's sensitive & supports strong women. 

My favorite Chris Evan's Moment Of Life!:

Mmm! *swoon!* 😊

Evans also assisted Betty White in getting to the stage at a People's Choice Awards several years back. Kindness/good manners are definitely hot. 

(Do you suppose they always seat him in the front row for that reason?)

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Leeds said:

Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word of this?

You're not the only one.

SOP?

1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

1. Kristy Swanson was in the movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer, before the series began.

I'm guessing it's a riff on, say, comic book collectors sitting around ranking Batmans -- Adam West is #1, then Christian Bale, Michael Keaton, with Clooney always last, etc.. (The Big Bang Theory spent some time in an episode ranking Catwoman portrayers, IIRC.)

Ms. Swanson's recent actions, or lack thereof, sent her straight to the back of the line.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Blergh said:

Obviously, unless Michael Douglas himself does a total 'tell-all' about his life and parents, we will never know for sure what he may have heard, when or if he ever asked his late father about it and/or notice anything amiss about his late father's reaction to any mentions of Natalie Wood.

However, given that Michael Douglas has spent almost his entire life in Hollywood, it seems probable he may have heard whispers down the decades  via the grapevine (or even got openly confronted by someone) re Natalie Wood and his own father. They both admitted to having a somewhat stormy and distant relationship in the younger man's childhood and early adulthood. However, since Michael Douglas has himself been a very successful television then film star and director for decades, it's possible in their later decades he may have realized that Kirk no longer could send him to bed supperless if he asked him 'hard questions' - including whether the grapevine's claims about Miss Wood may have been true. Also, he may have observed the older man's reactions to mentions or even footage of the late Natalie Wood to not believe them to have been  conventional and/or appropriate. 

Hence, I think there's a good probability that Michael Douglas may actually have reason to believe that his late  father COULD have committed a criminal act against the teenaged Miss Wood but rather than denying this (or openly admitting it) has opted for the most diplomatic means possible to address it. 

P.S. I think Miss Wood's surviving sister should be given some credit for waiting not just for the elder Mr. Douglas's death but also his centenarian   widow's death to address it. 

No she doesn't deserve any credit. Ìt wasn't her story to tell. She's made a nice career out of exploiting her sister. She disgusts me.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

What Michael Douglas may or may not have learned from his father about the Natalie Wood story is really none of our business.  He doesn't have to verify Lana Wood's assertions to help her sell her book; no one has to tell everything they know about their loved ones.  If Michael Douglas knows his father was a rapist but doesn't want to publicly call him out since his father and Ms Wood are both dead; then that is his right.  He doesn't owe the public anything when it comes to rumors about his father.  

Presuming that Ms. Wood never wanted the details of this incident to become gossip fodder, I find her sister's behavior to be far worse and I can't even commend her for waiting until Douglas' widow was gone, too.  It isn't her story to tell and I believe she is only doing it to sell books and make a profit.  There is nothing commendable about that.

👏

• Love 8

I’m reminded of a story from a Natalie Wood bio I flipped though once. I may not have it totally right but as I recall, Natalie left some furs and clothes to Lana in her will. Lana showed up at the house, went straight to the bedroom and started looting the closet while young Natasha, who was grieving deeply, sat on the bed (where she sat to feel closer to her mom) watching in horror. She didn’t say a word to her niece. It just seemed so monumentally insensitive to a little girl who just lost her mom.

Everything I’ve read indicates Lana is a real piece of work, sponging off her sister, her mom, and trying unsuccessfully with Robert Wagner and Natalie’s daughters.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

No she doesn't deserve any credit. Ìt wasn't her story to tell. 

We have no idea if or how Natalie's rape affected her sister & her family. It sounds like her mother helped set her up for it. I would think that would change the relationship for not just Natalie, but for Lana too. Having a crime victim, especially one that has to be kept secret, in your close family affects everyone. That makes it Lana's story too.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3