Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

It's not getting a lot of attention but I caught part of something that said movies like Rust are also used as tax dodges for rich people. Cant find where it was from but it's mentioned almost in passing in other articles, like this one.

Smith and Cheney are in the spotlight because they were also a producer and executive producer, respectively, on “Rust,” the Alec Baldwin film that shut down production after the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, was shot and killed on set Thursday near Santa Fe, N.M....

A third person involved in “Rust,” executive producer Emily Salveson, 36, also got into the business relatively recently with support from her father, an attorney experienced in tax credit financing. Salveson has made extensive use of Section 181, a provision of the tax code that allows wealthy people to write off their investments in low-budget films.....

Smith joined Salveson’s company, Streamline Global, in 2018 as its president. Salveson is listed as the company’s CEO and founder.

Salveson has appeared at a number of industry events to talk up the company’s investment model, which relies heavily on Section 181. The tax code provision — which was renewed last year as part of the CARES Act — allows investors to deduct their investment in a film project, up to $15 million, at the time the money is spent.

When combined with state tax incentives — such as the 25%-35% credit awarded in New Mexico — investors can recoup most of their money before the film is even distributed.

They get to write off millions and get their investment back.

• Useful 10
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Zella said:

Dr. Zella has long armchair-diagnosed Hilaria with Severe Attention Whore Syndrome. I really don't think she is capable of not trying to make everything about herself. Perhaps I'm being unfair to her--I can understand possible concern about him saying something incriminating--but she has a history of making everything all about her, even just standing in an elevator, so I have a hard time giving her the benefit of the doubt. Rather than the boy who cried wolf, she's the girl who cried "Me!" So, it makes it hard for me to not read her behavior along those lines automatically. 

I think Hillary  Baldwin is perfectly capable of stepping aside at the appropriate times and letting her comparatively mature husband (chronologically and mentally) deal with the intrusive  rags but she doesn't do so because she doesn't wanna. Thus far, she keeps getting away with interjecting herself even at inappropriate times and occasions.   It takes a LOT to get me to feel sorry for Mr. Baldwin but her butting in during this serious time when a single inadvertent  recorded utterance could somehow trash the entire investigation over an especially tragic death TRULY got me to cringe on his behalf. 

P.S. I can't help but think that most if not all citizens of Spain were relieved  and grateful when the news hit that Hillary 'Princesa Caraboo' Baldwin was NOT a native or fellow citizen of their nation. Alas, us U.S. citizens now must contend with her having originated from our domain. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, Enero said:

Isn’t this Madonna not looking like Madonna? I’ll admit the surgery and SM filters got her looking 20-30 years younger. 

Though at least 20-30 years ago her lips weren't the size of an inflatable raft. 

Edited by AheadofStraight
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

I don't get it! Why are these musicians risking their lives and they get Covid, despite being vaccinated. I think they should cancel their tour dates. It seems reasonable. It looks like people like Bryan Adams, Jon Bon Jovi, and Ed Sheeran are still not taking precautions. You think it is wise at all to keep touring or not? Your thoughts!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, letter8358 said:

I don't get it! Why are these musicians risking their lives and they get Covid, despite being vaccinated. I think they should cancel their tour dates. It seems reasonable. It looks like people like Bryan Adams, Jon Bon Jovi, and Ed Sheeran are still not taking precautions. You think it is wise at all to keep touring or not? Your thoughts!

Some musicians need to tour to earn money, because their album sales aren't so hot. Others, I gather, it gets in the blood. They love touring and performing. And others are just plain stupid, I think.

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Some musicians need to tour to earn money, because their album sales aren't so hot. Others, I gather, it gets in the blood. They love touring and performing. And others are just plain stupid, I think.

They actually tend to make very little money on album sales, even when they sell well. The royalties on those are set up to favor the record company. Touring is where they make money for themselves rather than the record label. 

Not defending the lack of common-sense safety measures, but I can understand the underlying impulse for them to tour for that reason. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

I understand, but, man....I see very good bands trying to reschedule after some band member got Covid and it seems to be quite a hassle. I love concerts and I have been to so many, dating back to 1999 with Tommy James and The Shondells...I am just uncertain what next year will bring and whether concerts will make a comeback at all.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, letter8358 said:

For me, when they go on tour, the policy for band and singers needs to go into an ultra careful protocol.  During the tour, no posing with fans without masks. I get how they don’t want to alienate fans, but if you get covid you can’t perform.  This would also include eating in the hotel room or outside….basically, very stringent precautions until the tour is over.  Still, there are some risks that can’t be eliminated.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Because it never gets old:

"How do you say in english? Cucumber?" Girl, BYE!! 🤣🤣🤣 The comment section is soo satisfying.

It should be noted that the Spanish word for cucumber is 'pepino'- which sounds NOTHING like the English term. I mean, if one was going to try to fake not knowing an English word for a vegetable, it would have worked FAR better had she attempted to use something like 'tomate' [toe-MAH-tay] which sounds very close to tomato! 

So not only was she fake but Mrs. Baldwin has been LAME all this time. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10144883/Madonna-says-Kanye-West-inspires-V-Magazine-cover-story.html

This has some more pictures of the Marilyn shoot. And some rambling words from the magazine article. She looks nothing like herself, she isn't even trying to look like Marilyn. I guess I just don't get the reason for her picking this as her latest shock moment. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10149765/Alec-Baldwin-snapped-looking-distraught-dinner-Hilaria-closed-Vermont-bar.html

Baldwin is a case study in I don't have any compassion for others/I need compassion now. 

Edited by stewedsquash
word spelling
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

They actually tend to make very little money on album sales, even when they sell well. The royalties on those are set up to favor the record company. Touring is where they make money for themselves rather than the record label. 

Not defending the lack of common-sense safety measures, but I can understand the underlying impulse for them to tour for that reason. 

Two things:

Yes, I agree that performers should take as many health precautions for themselves and their fans as possible in times like these . However, alas,  the older I get, the more I see that 'common sense' is a VERY rare and precious commodity in this world. 

Secondly, in the last decade, it's become increasingly challenging for live performers of ANY venue to perform in any capacity do to perform with more and more patrons focusing on capturing the performances on cameras and cells rather than actually VIEWING said performances so I do have sympathy for performers who want to still go against those increasing odds of attempting to connect to increasingly distracted and disconnected audience members. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Two things:

Yes, I agree that performers should take as many health precautions for themselves and their fans as possible in times like these . However, alas,  the older I get, the more I see that 'common sense' is a VERY rare and precious commodity in this world. 

Secondly, in the last decade, it's become increasingly tough for live performers of ANY venue to perform in any capacity do to more and more patrons focusing on capturing the performances on cameras and cells rather than actually VIEWING said performances so I do have sympathy for performers who want to still go against those increasing odds of attempting to connect to increasingly distracted and disconnected audience members. 

Yeah I can understand all that. I was just pointing out to the person who said that they tour because album sales aren't great that actually they can have killer album sales and still make very little money on those sales, which is why touring is financially prioritized. It's not a matter of doing it because album sales are bad--it's a matter of doing it because it is way more lucrative to them than album sales. Of course, as you point out, touring has its own complications. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I guess I just don't get the reason for her picking this as her latest shock moment. 

For the same reason she does everything she does, Madonna needs attention or she will die. 

re: touring. I can understand both sides. These are tough times and there is a desire to get "back to normal" however, our desire to get back to normal is keeping us from actually getting back to normal because all these group events/gatherings are just keeping the virus alive. It would be great to find a way to have concerts but keep people safe, but so long as people continue to be people (people are, collectively, idiots) that isn't going to happen any time soon. :(

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

For the same reason she does everything she does, Madonna needs attention or she will die. 

Oh, yeah I understand that part of her. I guess I just can't wrap my brain around that she has used up her own "I'm Madonna" shock list and is already down to using Marilyn as a shock ploy. This Marilyn thing is just rather boring to me, for Madonna. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Oh, yeah I understand that part of her. I guess I just can't wrap my brain around that she has used up her own "I'm Madonna" shock list and is already down to using Marilyn as a shock ploy. This Marilyn thing is just rather boring to me, for Madonna. 

I think she's going back to the well. Material Girl showed she clearly has some kind of affinity for Marilyn, I suspect she considers herself the modern day (if modern day is 1980something) Marilyn. She's also getting quite desperate and kind of pathetic in her old age (see her showing her knickers on late night thinking she's oh so shocking!) so it doesn't really surprise me that she's run out of schtick. 

Maybe Madonna should go visit Hillarious Baldwin for some tips. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

re: touring. I can understand both sides. These are tough times and there is a desire to get "back to normal" however, our desire to get back to normal is keeping us from actually getting back to normal because all these group events/gatherings are just keeping the virus alive. It would be great to find a way to have concerts but keep people safe, but so long as people continue to be people (people are, collectively, idiots) that isn't going to happen any time soon. :(

I mean, look at what Stevie Nicks did three months ago. When I look at these artists' and their pretty well-documented lives, I wondered if they are immuno-compromised at this point. I mean, Stevie did drugs for how many years and she is in her 70s. I know she is no longer a drug addict, but still... The Stones....forget it. They were doing drugs as long as our parents were around and practically were already still on drugs when our parents were entering in their 20s. So I am wondering if a lifestyle they lived should be scaled back or something. I mean, Jon Bon Jovi and all those 80 hairbands...? They were all heavy drinkers that would later be diagnosed with diabetes!!! I am not trying to be funny here, people, but look at the facts. I hate to say this, but this disease could attack those that lived that lifestyle in a bygone era. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, letter8358 said:

I am just uncertain what next year will bring and whether concerts will make a comeback at all.

At this point, I think we all have to acknowledge that life will never be the same as it was before. Covid has changed the way we live just like 9/11 did. This is our new normal.

2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10144883/Madonna-says-Kanye-West-inspires-V-Magazine-cover-story.html

This has some more pictures of the Marilyn shoot. And some rambling words from the magazine article. She looks nothing like herself, she isn't even trying to look like Marilyn. I guess I just don't get the reason for her picking this as her latest shock moment.

2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

She's also getting quite desperate and kind of pathetic in her old age (see her showing her knickers on late night thinking she's oh so shocking!) so it doesn't really surprise me that she's run out of schtick.

Madonna just won't acknowledge that she is not that shocking, new, like-a-virgin girl she once was. The only thing shocking about her at this point is how she's mutilated her body with plastic surgery, she looks horrifying. And by the way, she was one of the first to get Botox & popularize it. I remember seeing photos of her somewhere & wondering WTH happened to her face because she had a strange square jaw. And just as an FYI, this is the doctor that did it, Dr. Fredic Brandt (yes, Brandt of the skin care line). Does his face shape look familiar?

220px-FredricBrandtImage.jpg

• Love 5

Finally watched the video.   Alec was doing just fine.   He stated quite clearly he could not talk about the ongoing investigation.   he said do you have any OTHER questions.   Hillary's help was NOT needed.   Alec was quite frustrated with her pushing in.   I think he is getting sick of her fame strumpeting all over the place.   He needs her support right now, not someone who inserts herself into the mess and makes it worse.  

• Love 17
23 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

It would be great to find a way to have concerts but keep people safe, but so long as people continue to be people (people are, collectively, idiots) that isn't going to happen any time soon. :(

I have gone to a couple of shows recently which were rescheduled from 2020. Small venues of 300 at most. Vaccines and masks required (and we did not eat or drink so we kept mask on entire time). I felt about as safe as possible aside from staying home and not going.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, AheadofStraight said:

I have gone to a couple of shows recently which were rescheduled from 2020. Small venues of 300 at most. Vaccines and masks required (and we did not eat or drink so we kept mask on entire time). I felt about as safe as possible aside from staying home and not going.

Friends of mine small outdoor concerts of lesser known acts in their backyard. Everyone has to be vaccinated. Everyone is far apart, and we do wear masks indoors.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

He's a delight.  😍

I have a frame that has 4 frames connected with individual family photos in it that sits on easel on my fireplace  hearth and one of pictures is Steve, my son noticed it months ago and thought it was great. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

I’m not easily surprised, but this photo of Jessica Simpson is astounding! She’s a brave lady to share it.  It’s from  2017 and the last day she drank alcohol. I would never have guessed it was her, even if you gave me the initials.   She’s had a major transformation in her life. Both physically and mentally.  Good for her!  

https://people.com/music/jessica-simpson-celebrates-4-years-sober-with-candid-photo/

• Love 10

I got a kick out of reading those multiple social media descriptions of Buscemi’s “epic gif” or “epic meme” with rarely a mention of the source material:  a very brief cutaway gag from 30 Rock.  That’s definitely the best celebrity Halloween costume I saw this year.

Buscemi was on Maron’s WTF podcast a few weeks ago (the week of 9/11, as he is a former NYC firefighter), and it is a good conversation to check out for any Buscemi fans out there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I don't think she was sharing the picture to show that she looked terrible but to literally commemorate the morning of when she decided to quit drinking. I think if she shared a picture of herself today, sans makeup, that she would look about the same. Not dissing her, I just don't think the picture looks that bad.

My twitter timeline had a person asking Buscemi is the nicest guy in the universe. Why are all the directors tying to kill him in his movies??

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Peace 47 said:

I got a kick out of reading those multiple social media descriptions of Buscemi’s “epic gif” or “epic meme” with rarely a mention of the source material:  a very brief cutaway gag from 30 Rock.  That’s definitely the best celebrity Halloween costume I saw this year.

I never watched 30 Rock only found out it was from there about 2 years ago. I can't remember exactly what happened, but something occurred for many people to tweet it and even though it's been around for a while, that was when I finally decided find out the source of the meme. I was so surprised that it was from that show and it's such a brief scene.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Popples said:

I never watched 30 Rock only found out it was from there about 2 years ago. I can't remember exactly what happened, but something occurred for many people to tweet it and even though it's been around for a while, that was when I finally decided find out the source of the meme. I was so surprised that it was from that show and it's such a brief scene.

I just found out about it now, here. I wasn't sure why his wearing a red hoodie was such a great costume. lol

• Love 8

If you want to see a fascinating documentary by Steve Buscemi, watch "A Good Job, Stories of the NYFD".   He directed and is in it.   As most already know, he was a NYC fireman, and he talks about the history of the department, the changes over the years, such as desegregation, women joining the department, 9/11, and other subjects.   It's free on Youtube too.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I just found out about it now, here. I wasn't sure why his wearing a red hoodie was such a great costume. lol

Same.  In fact, I still didn't really understand what was going on based on the postings here, so I just read a CNN article about it.  

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Has-been actress Kristy Swanson who has been spreading vaccine misinformation is now in the hospital with Covid, pneumonia, and is on oxygen. Got my booster today!

The worst Buffy Summers. There's SMG, the time Faith took over her body, her stuntwomen, probably a few cosplayers and RPers, and then Swanson. I genuinely can't name a single other thing she's been in, if you don't count Playboy.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Has-been actress Kristy Swanson who has been spreading vaccine misinformation is now in the hospital with Covid, pneumonia, and is on oxygen. Got my booster today!

She was promoting misinformation with Scott Baio on that movie of his by some Christian company or something. I hate say it, but karma, my friend. Pure karma. I don't have sympathy with those that spread misinformation. She knew what she was getting herself into.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ABay said:

She had a recurring pole on Psych as Lassiter's girlfriend and then wife.

Excellent type.   Perfect description of Ms. Swanson.

(also dying because of the story that came out of Texas yesterday about the Strength Coach and his wife and her monkey).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

(also dying because of the story that came out of Texas yesterday about the Strength Coach and his wife and her monkey).

I have been laughing about this story since I found out about it. It's his girlfriend, a stripper named Pole Assassin, he left his wife and children (including an infant) for her, and the monkey is her "emotional support animal" that she uses in her strip shows.

30242216.gif

As for Kristy Swanson, I was disappointed a while back when I found out about her and I have no sympathy since she wanted to spread lies about COVID. It sucks because her character Marlow was pretty good on Psych and the episode "Deez Nups" when she and Lassiter get married is hilarious.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

I always liked Kristy Swanson - She was really enjoyable in Higher Learning, The Chase and Early Edition. I didn't know she was a moron.

I've enjoyed her in things I've seen her in, but I don't have a lot of respect for people who get pregnant by other people's husbands.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I've enjoyed her in things I've seen her in, but I don't have a lot of respect for people who get pregnant by other people's husbands.

I don't pay attention to that sort of stuff, so had no idea. But in that case, I'd have even less respect for the husband.

• Love 22
Just now, Danny Franks said:

I don't pay attention to that sort of stuff, so had no idea. But in that case, I'd have even less respect for the husband.

Well, yeah, but we were just talking about her.

• Love 4