Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, xfuse said:

People generally have a list of popular people that their 'people' suggest and then the editors take it down to a smaller list. After that they see if who they choose is willing to do the shoot. 

I can't remember who but I think it's Ryan Gosling they have been trying to get for years but he won't do it.

Oh wow! He's an excellent choice. Super cute, nice body, adorable personality, and he can act too. 

• Love 3

LeVar Burton gets a consolation prize - hosting and producing a new Trivial Pursuit game show.

“LeVar Burton has been an iconic member of American pop culture for decades from Roots to Reading Rainbow to Star Trek and beyond. His love for intellectual curiosity paired with his ability to connect with audiences worldwide make him the perfect partner to bring Hasbro’s beloved trivia game to households in a new and exciting way,” said Tara Long, president of global unscripted television at eOne.

Burton will exec produce the series via his LeVar Burton Entertainment banner. Hasbro, which owns the rights to the iconic board game, will exec produce the series. EOne’s Long and Geno McDermott as well as LBE’s Sangita Patel will also be credited as exec producers.

No network attached yet.

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
On 11/10/2021 at 9:27 PM, Shannon L. said:

What's always amazed me about Paul Rudd is that he seems to have chemistry with every single co-star he works with. I haven't seen all of his movies, but of the ones I've seen, I've never not bought into the on screen romance. He's attractive,  he seems like a really good guy, he's funny....that's sexy to me.

^^agree!

He was hilarious on Stephen Colbert last night (or whenever... sorry, I tape and watch later), wearing the crown and sash was just so Paul. He's almost too good to be true.

• Love 11

Script supervisor Mamie Mitchell has filed a lawsuit against Alec Baldwin and the producers of Rust:

Ms Mitchell's lawsuit claims that the script called for three tight camera shots - one of Mr Baldwin's eyes, another of a bloodstain on his shoulder and a third of his torso "as he reached his hand down to the holster and removed the gun".

"There was nothing in the script about the gun being discharged by defendant Baldwin or by any other person," it says.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And scripts change all the time mid-production. Sometimes the actor wants to play.  Sometimes the director does.

Yeah.   A lot went wrong on this set.   THIS was not one of those things.   Maybe the director wanted to see how it would look if Baldwin pointed the gun at the camera rather than just be seeing drawing.   Or who knows.   I don't think Script Supervisor can say that only what is in the script can be done or its WRONG WRONG WRONG.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yeah.   A lot went wrong on this set.   THIS was not one of those things.   Maybe the director wanted to see how it would look if Baldwin pointed the gun at the camera rather than just be seeing drawing.   Or who knows.   I don't think Script Supervisor can say that only what is in the script can be done or its WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Yeah, not working for 18 months due to a pandemic is a bitch amiright?

I don't claim to know what was going on during the Rust production or have any 'insider' knowledge as to how much a Script Supervisor  is supposed to know  about the most current shooting script [no pun intended].

However, I DO hope the investigators into Mrs. Hutchins's death carefully go over that (and every other) claim about the conditions from those working on the set and any other witnesses with as fine toothed combs as possible without flinching and consider its validity before making any final decisions about criminal prosecutions and/or civil judgments.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Idk, maybe Ioan Gruffudd is a complete asshole, maybe he was cheating on Alice Evans with his new girlfriend, but her latest social media rant is making her look a bit unhinged.

She lost me at "steal my husband". What actually happened is, he made a choice and his choice wasn't his wife. Sure, the GF shouldn't be screwing a married man if that's what happened, but unless she actually kidnapped him, she did not "steal" him. 

Also, if he's a cheater, she's better off without him. If there are kids involved, just keep it private. 

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

She lost me at "steal my husband". What actually happened is, he made a choice and his choice wasn't his wife. Sure, the GF shouldn't be screwing a married man if that's what happened, but unless she actually kidnapped him, she did not "steal" him. 

Also, if he's a cheater, she's better off without him. If there are kids involved, just keep it private. 

She lost me at the assertion that the new GF 'Manifested him away from his family.'

Also, dude filed for divorce in March.  It sounds like he is out.  Her tweets really make her seem unhinged more than a woman wronged.

• Love 14

I'm not familiar with any of the three of them, but if things went down as stated in that linked post, the estranged husband is a massive jerk (to cheat and in other ways treat her like shit for several years instead of being honest and leaving and then finally coldly drop an "I don't love you, I'm out" bomb after over ten years of marriage and two kids), the new girlfriend is tacky as hell (to be the other party to cheating), and I understand why the wife is still very angry, hurt, and betrayed.  So she's last - and way down - on my list of offenders in this situation (again, if it went down basically as alleged).

But she is indeed on that list, because, dude, that's what your momma and your friends are for - open up some wine and unload on them about that POS and how he did you wrong.  (And good gods, indeed focus on him, the one who betrayed the respect, fidelity, and trust he owed you, not the woman who was dumb enough to help him do it.)  It's a very big thing to deal with and there are going to be some irrational moments.  But don't broadcast them to the world like a teenager throwing a fit, especially when you have kids old enough to possibly see or be told about your posts; it sucks to have to be the bigger person, but it's better for everyone, including you. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 21

I feel like I'm really dating myself with this bit of celebrity gossip history, but does anyone else remember when Gruffudd got into a fight with his fan website over Alice when they first got engaged? That . . . seems like a long time ago now.

I don't blame her for being upset about what he did, but I think she's deluding herself if she thinks he's been stolen. He pretty clearly left on his own volition and isn't some passive bystander who just happened to be whisked away via voodoo. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Britney Spears Post-Conservatorship Recommendations to Keep Her Safe

Among the concerns ... driving. We're told the document that circulated cautions that Britney has had issues behind the wheel, and in particular Montgomery's camp was aware of an incident on Sept. 26th, where Britney was speeding in Westlake Village and stopped by a CHP officer. She was traveling 62 MPH in a 40 MPH zone. The officer let her off with a verbal warning. TMZ has confirmed the incident with the CHP.

These are only recommendations, so she can choose to ignore them, but this is at least the 2nd time she's recently been caught with a driving problem (she was photographed texting while driving), & I don't think it's going to be the last. I hope she doesn't end up in a serious accident, because if she couldn't control herself before the conservatorship ended, there is nothing to stop her now that it's ended.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, GaT said:

Britney Spears Post-Conservatorship Recommendations to Keep Her Safe

These are only recommendations, so she can choose to ignore them, but this is at least the 2nd time she's recently been caught with a driving problem (she was photographed texting while driving), & I don't think it's going to be the last. I hope she doesn't end up in a serious accident, because if she couldn't control herself before the conservatorship ended, there is nothing to stop her now that it's ended.

Why is this news? Oh, because it's Brittany and every move will continue to be scrutinized for a reason that she's not fit to exist without supervision.

She's not the first person to speed or text while driving in LA or speed while texting. I would bet good money numerous tickets were issued today for these issues.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Why is this news? Oh, because it's Brittany and every move will continue to be scrutinized for a reason that she's not fit to exist without supervision.

She's not the first person to speed or text while driving in LA or speed while texting. I would bet good money numerous tickets were issued today for these issues.

That's not a particularly compelling reason to overlook it, though. If she had gotten in an accident while texting, and that's why you're supposed to put the phone down while you're driving, we'd be in here criticizing her for her carelessness. It doesn't mean she can't live without supervision, it means she shouldn't be careless.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

She lost me at "steal my husband".

She lost me when she first made the announcement of the split which apparently was very soon after it happened and before PR people could get to it.

In that announcement, she announced that he had chosen to leave his family.  She linked her children's role in his life to her role in his life.  In her mind, separating from her was akin to abandoning his family.

And she does the same thing here. From what I recall, she didn't even start the affair accusations until after it was confirmed he was currently dating someone new.

I get that manipulators can be so controlled that they make their victims look insane but, looking from the outside, she does not come off well.  And I feel sad for their kids.  Either he really doesn't stay in touch with them and their mother reinforces that they're not wanted by their dad or he does try to have a presence in their lives and they're being pulled by their mother into believing he doesn't want them in his life.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

*quietly* Ioan Gruffudd grew up not that far from me, I know people who've met him, who know him, and...have not had complimentary things to say. Which is a shame, because he's kind of a local boy made good - and so pretty in some of his roles. But such is life. It is probably fair to say that there is blame on both sides of this split. And that the whole thing would be much better kept private.

• Useful 13
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

That's not a particularly compelling reason to overlook it, though.

Actually it is.     Being a bad driver is not grounds for a conservatorship -- or even for her mental health professional to be making recommendations about her transition to post-conservatorship life.

Those recommendations should focus on things around protecting her mental health so she doesn't have another breakdown.   Her bad driving has nothing to do with that.   its just more control of her instead of letting her get used to making decisions herself -- including bad ones.  

2 hours ago, Llywela said:

And that the whole thing would be much better kept private.

They can both be bad people.   But THIS is the most important thing.   Keep your rants about your EX off social media.   1) it's not fair to your kids ot put it out there and 2) you have just handed him some golden evidence for justification.   

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Actually it is.    Being a bad driver is not grounds for a conservatorship -- or even for her mental health professional to be making recommendations about her transition to post-conservatorship life.

I didn't say it was, but I'll rephrase anyway. "Lots of people text while driving" isn't a good enough reason to overlook Britney doing it just because she's out from under the yoke of the conservatorship, and would we say the same thing if it was *insert name of random celebrity here*? There's statistics to prove how dangerous distracted driving is which have nothing to do with Ms. Spears or her issues with her father controlling her life, and the OP even said she could have gotten into an accident. I'm not sure where we're actually disagreeing.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Being a bad driver is not grounds for a conservatorship -- or even for her mental health professional to be making recommendations about her transition to post-conservatorship life.

Those recommendations should focus on things around protecting her mental health so she doesn't have another breakdown.   Her bad driving has nothing to do with that.   its just more control of her instead of letting her get used to making decisions herself -- including bad ones. 

34 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

There's statistics to prove how dangerous distracted driving is which have nothing to do with Ms. Spears or her issues with her father controlling her life, and the OP even said she could have gotten into an accident. I'm not sure where we're actually disagreeing.

The bolded part is my point exactaly. Why is Brittany's distracted driving news? Because it's Brittany and every move she makes will once again be scrutinized and discussed to death.  

My original point was hundreds, if not thousands of people speed (myself included) and text while driving (I do not do this, anymore), but it's not news, and shouldn't be news when Brittany, or any celeb, or anyone does it.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Bastet said:

but if things went down as stated in that linked post

That's a very big if, and honestly, based on this and her other equally out-there posts, I kinda think the true story is at least somewhat different.  She sounds like she's in need of therapy and/or serious psychiatric treatment.

5 hours ago, Llywela said:

And that the whole thing would be much better kept private.

Yep.  That is the biggest takeaway here: doing this in public is really bad for the kids.

1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

Why is Brittany's distracted driving news?

Because she's a celebrity.  If she was any other celebrity, it would also be news.  If she were a barista in a coffee shop in Omaha, the media wouldn't care.  It has nothing to do with it being Britney Spears specifically and everything to do with her being a famous person.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Because she's a celebrity.  If she was any other celebrity, it would also be news.  If she were a barista in a coffee shop in Omaha, the media wouldn't care.  It has nothing to do with it being Britney Spears specifically and everything to do with her being a famous person.

I agree it's because she's a celebrity and do think that any celebrity caught texting would be publicly scrutinized.  However, many people, including high profile people, were invested in her quest to end the conservatorship for months.  That alone is going to make everything she does even greater fodder for the news/paparazzi, no matter which side of the argument someone falls on.  I saw something that I wish I'd thought to bring over here.  It was a few days ago, so I don't remember all of it.  It was something about looking at what Britney been through as a trauma. Now that's she's out of it, she's going to be going through a lot as she tries to live her life the way she wants and, sadly, it's going to be publicized, so we should be understanding of that.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

If she was any other celebrity, it would also be news.

Would it be though? I feel like we rarely see news stories of celebrities driving while on cell phones. It’d be nice to think that’s because it rarely happens but I really doubt that. It’s more likely that it’s not news because paparazzi doesn’t care, because Britney is just more followed than most celebrities or some combination of the two.

Just given the number of celebrities that have gotten in legal trouble for drunk driving but don’t have a history of being in the tabloids for being unsafe drivers suggests that it isn’t only news because she’s a celebrity. 

Edited by Guest

As I said when the news first broke, I believe Miss Spears should be prosecuted as much as any other California citizen would be who broke the law re driving with cellphones- nothing less but nothing more. And, as utterly annoying as I concede it has to be for her to be constantly followed by the rags, maybe her having been to endure legal flak for having violated this law ( designed to protect the countless other drivers &passengers on the roads [and pedestrians] from getting crashed into by distracted drivers) will get her (and possibly others) to think twice about driving with a cellphone in hand. Maybe. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

As I said when the news first broke, I believe Miss Spears should be prosecuted as much as any other California citizen would be who broke the law re driving with cellphones- nothing less but nothing more. And, as utterly annoying as I concede it has to be for her to be constantly followed by the rags, maybe her having been to endure legal flak for having violated this law ( designed to protect the countless other drivers &passengers on the roads [and pedestrians] from getting crashed into by distracted drivers) will get her (and possibly others) to think twice about driving with a cellphone in hand. Maybe. 

Realistically what legal flak is there for being photographed with a cell phone in your hand by paparazzi? If you are stopped by a cop it’s around $150 in fees the first time. It goes up from there but it’s really not going to be substantial for someone like Britney.

Yes, the laws exist for a really good reason but that doesn’t mean people should have legal consequences when they are photographed by a third party with zero legal authority. 

Edited by Guest
33 minutes ago, Dani said:

Would it be though? I feel like we rarely see news stories of celebrities driving while on cell phones. It’s be nice to think that’s because it rarely happens but I really doubt that. It’s more likely that it’s not news because paparazzi either doesn’t care, because Britney is just more followed than most celebrities or some combination of the two.

Exactaly!

14 minutes ago, Blergh said:

As I said when the news first broke, I believe Miss Spears should be prosecuted as much as any other California citizen would be who broke the law re driving with cellphones- nothing less but nothing more.

So a ticket. From the CHP website: https://www.chp.ca.gov/Documents/TextingItCanWait.pdf

image.thumb.png.38353e57d82d6aba78e5b5d892ac9d36.png

• Useful 4

FWIW,

I'm no fan of Miss Kardashian but writing a check to help out folks escaping from a horrific situation is a positive thing and it seems something she did without jumping through either her exploitive female DNA Donor, Ms. Jenner's nor her  mental ex Mr. West's hoops. Yes, it's a tiny baby step but it's better than staying in that rut. 

• Love 18

FWIW,

I'm no fan of Miss Kardashian but writing a check to help out folks escaping from a horrific situation is a positive thing and it seems something she did without jumping through either her exploitive female DNA Donor, Ms. Jenner's nor her  mental ex Mr. West's hoops. Yes, it's a tiny baby step but it's better than staying in that rut. 

Exactly, and even if something gets attention, it’s not a bad thing to draw attention to the issues her name has. They’re not trendy issues in Hollywood. 

Kim used to get criticized for not giving back when the stuff she did was very quiet, so it’s like she can’t win. 

I was never a big Kardashian person, but I always love a celeb who uses their name and money to make a difference. 

• Love 13

If this is a sign that she's finally growing up and moving away from the attention obsessed family she came from, good for her. I am glad she wrote a check to help support people who needed it, so I'm not gonna hate on that. Baby steps Kim, maybe you can become a real person someday. 

I actually feel sorry for her and her siblings as I think that the majority of what makes them vapid famewhore came from Mommy Dearest. When raised by a woman like that you really don't stand much of a chance of being a "real" person as opposed to an "Instragram" person, with a life filtered and curated to seem special. 

• Love 15
On 11/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, Dani said:

Realistically what legal flak is there for being photographed with a cell phone in your hand by paparazzi? If you are stopped by a cop it’s around $150 in fees the first time. It goes up from there but it’s really not going to be substantial for someone like Britney.

Yes, the laws exist for a really good reason but that doesn’t mean people should have legal consequences when they are photographed by a third party with zero legal authority. 

It's not so much the legality of it, it's the point that this was during the time the judge was deciding whether or not to end the conservatorship. She didn't have the brains to act like a responsible adult who can take care of herself while her future was being decided. And yes, I know other people do it without any consequences, & she has the right to fuck up like anybody else, but it seems to me that being seen breaking the law in a potentially dangerous situation is not the best way of trying to prove you don't need a conservatorship. 

On 11/20/2021 at 11:03 AM, Mabinogia said:

If this is a sign that she's finally growing up and moving away from the attention obsessed family

Um, have you seen all the photos of her & Pete Davidson "dating"?

Edited by GaT
I keep changing of to or, but it's not sticking for some reason.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Would it be though? I feel like we rarely see news stories of celebrities driving while on cell phones.

My brain is broken from listening to Who Weekly so this is the first thing I thought of...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9941387/Vanessa-Hudgens-flashes-smile-receives-ticket-grueling-workout-LA.html

You could argue that this is much more casual and less concern-trolling than the response to Britney.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Um, have you seen all the photos of her & Pete Davidson "dating"?

I try not to see anything to do with either of them TBH. I was having a momentary "I should try to say something nice about someone I have no use for" moment. lol 

• LOL 13
4 hours ago, aradia22 said:

My brain is broken from listening to Who Weekly so this is the first thing I thought of...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9941387/Vanessa-Hudgens-flashes-smile-receives-ticket-grueling-workout-LA.html

You could argue that this is much more casual and less concern-trolling than the response to Britney.

If anything I see the story as evidence that it’s not news for any celebrity. The story is that a celebrity was stopped and ticketed which is always going to be news. It’s extremely unlikely that the first time she done it or that it’s the first time the paparazzi spotted her doing. Yet it’s the only news story I can find on her using her phone while driving. Britney doesn’t need to be stopped for it be a news story and that is unusually with the tabloid world. 

It's so easy to NOT have a party based on people being murdered while trying to pay off debts.   But you know, it's popular so Chrissy must do it.   Then wonder why all the "haters" come out of the woodwork.

She and Hillary Baldwin should get together and compare notes.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She couldn't poor water out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel.

She'd probably tip the boot upside down to read the instructions hence managing to poor the water out of the boot, then post it on social media so that the world could comment on how adorably funny she is. 

• LOL 6